[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever noticed they've stopped making third games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 59x81s.png (70KB, 274x227px) Image search: [Google]
59x81s.png
70KB, 274x227px
Have you ever noticed they've stopped making third games the exact moment it became obvious what their title would be immediately after the main games came out? Hear me out
>Pokemon Yellow: being the first gen, no one expected there to be a third game at all
>Pokemon Crystal: No one could've guessed the third game would be about Suicune, and even then, what the fuck do gold, silver and crystal have in common?
>Pokemon Emerald: this becomes obvious when you find out the third game is about rayquaza, but being the first time there's a dragon legendary linked to the two boxart legendary, and with its relation to Groudon and Kyogre not really clear in RS, it wasn't obvious that would be the case
>Pokemon Platinum: Now you immediately know the third game will be about Giratina, but what the fuck is the link between between pearls, diamonds and platinum
>Pokemon BW: The legendaries are literally black and white and there's a legendary with a grey palette clearly linked to them? Pokemon Grey will be the third game duh
>Pokemon XY? The legendaries start with X and Y, their silhouettes vaguely resemble and X and Y, and coincidentally the only other non mythical legendary is a dragon type that starts with Z and whose silhouette vguely resemble a Z. Could they make it any more obvious that there's gonna be a pokemon Z?

They're just fucking with us aren't they?
>>
>Orange charmeleon
Opinion, facts, any statements whatsoever discarded.
>>
>>28511358
No, they stopped doing that cause B2/W2 sold like shit, blame GenV for being that bad.
>>
>>28511404
>They stopped making a third version because the not-third versions sold bad!

Nigga what
>>
>>28511404
>B2/W2 sold like shit
>it sold more than Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum
>in Japan it sold only a few thousand less than Yellow and FRLG
End this meme.
>>
>>28511453
You heard me, that's the reason they are making only main versions now.
>>
>>28511404
Even if the third versions don't sell as well, the amount of time that goes into adding more shit as opposed to making a whole new game still makes it hella profitable. Plus, they can ride that wave to buy more time until the next gen. It was a good system.
>>
GameFreak hasn't learned that trying to be innovative only works if you actually make something better than it was before.
>>
>>28511453
>people hold off on buying the paired versions and wait for the third versions with extra features and overall improvements
Game Freak got savvy to that.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 698x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 698x401px
>>28511475
has it ever occured to you that video games sell more now than they did almost two decades ago
>>
>>28511526
>Platinum came out ~4 years before B2W2
>two decades

k
>>
>>28511526
Not in Japan. Games are pretty consistently selling less and less.
>>
>>28511487
>stop making third versions prior to B2W2
>but lel they didn't make any more because of B2W2

you make no sense, but ok
>>
>>28511358
A lack of Z really screwed over Kalos. Characters like Tierno and the scientists could have been fleshed out, places like the other power plant sectors and there were so many hints towards bigger things.
>>
>>28511628
Yes. Kalos need more games, maybe a third version
>>
>>28511526
si what gas no game game topped red/blue, or gold/silvers sales you retard
>>
>>28511628
>B2/W2 were released in 2012
>X/Y were released in 2013
>OR/AS were released in 2014
>S/M are going to be released this year
So many games were in development,I don't think that they even wanted to consider a 3rd version.
>>
>>28511628
I'm only miffed by no Z because I wanted more Megas
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.