[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why he's so unpopular? Even in direct comparison to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Sun_Moon_Protagonist_male.png (297KB, 563x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Protagonist_male.png
297KB, 563x1280px
Why he's so unpopular? Even in direct comparison to past male MCs?
>>
Imo its because he doesn't really have a defining trait. Chicken-Chan is only popular because of her hat, If you took it away from her I doubt she'd be so loved.

Though, it feels like recent pokemon protagonists are more generic in design so they're easier to customize.
>>
>>28507321
Chickenita's shirt is also great.
>>
He looks too much like a younger version of the XY kid
>>
Hes fine

A bit generic, but he looks like a normal kid with room to customize while Calem was the worlds biggest fuckboy and easily the worst designed protag in the entire series, basically requiring you to get style points so you can get a haircut and clothes that dont make you look like a faggot
>>
>>28506840
He's meant to be customized so he has to be as generic as gen 4
>>
Nobody likes his shoes.
>>
>>28506840
What kind of shoes is he wearing? Seems like water shoes but they also could not be...
>>
>>28507383

I don't even think he looks YOUNGER, its just that he looks nearly damn identical. Like can't you give him SOMETHING to make him stand out? Fuck, I would take a dildo necklace over this bland shit. I'm glad I get to turn him into a negro lord with a buzzcut and a beanie but geez man.
>>
>>28507409
But fuccbois are cute??
>>
>>28507472

They look like water shoes that have an odd snapper/buckle thing.
>>
color scheme is all over the place and baggy pants look shitty. Also he has that faggy looking hair that all the male protags since BW2 have had.

the only reason it's excusable and I'm not complaining about it much is because of customization.
>>
>>28507582
Please for the love of god give us real pants for the boy MC. I'm pretty sure we have only seen shorts or rolled up pants so far.
>>
>>28507613
They're joggers. Pretty comfy pants.
>>
>>28507657
I just want long pants. I'm not expecting a jacket or anything.
>>
>>28507321
>Chicken-Chan is only popular because of her hat
I can't believe I almost forgot about this. It really is a funny, chicken-like hat.
>>
>>28506840
Look at all the goofy posing Chicken Chan does while this nerd just goes as vanilla as possible. He's boring and much less of a character than she is.

Not any worse than past protags though, since they aren't expressive at all before this gen.
>>
>>28506840
Too young.
It's mostly women that make art for the male characters and shotafags are a minority among them.
>>
I just fucking realized that ash is wearing the same clothes as him... well fuck there goes that
>>
>>28507757

>Nate not expressive

U high man
>>
>>28506840
He managed to be even more boring looking than Calem.
Only faggot twink lovers like him.
>>
File: genprotag.jpg (506KB, 2019x500px)
genprotag.jpg
506KB, 2019x500px
>>28507478

Meh, I can't say I agree with that sentiment. Red/White/Blue is a very traditional color scheme that's been in the games since Gen 4. I have no clue why there was a shift in color design at gen 4 from reds to blues, but hey.
>>
>>28507569
I used to have water shoes kind of like that, where there's a drawstring around the inside neck of the shoe, where you can tighten them and the button to add slack was on a ball like that.

Fell off while I was in water, and I found it washed up on the beach later that night at a bonfire. It was almost as impressive as my Uncle losing his wedding ring in the water, and having that wash up on shore that same night.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.