[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, shovel through the shit for me. What are the good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon_ROM_Hacks.png (31KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_ROM_Hacks.png
31KB, 512x256px
Seriously, shovel through the shit for me. What are the good pokemon hacks, if any? Just crazy difficult does not mean a rom hack is good but is also not a deterrent. I played through snakewood and felt like it was overall a waste of time. The developer seemed to get bored with it or just ran out of ideas. It can be just well-polished, comical, creative, or a combination of all of the above. Help me out.
>>
Gaia, by a country mile, is the best romhack out there. Makes everything else look like dogshit
>>
>>28504489
Alright. Thanks man. Is Gaia complete yet?
>>
>>28505025
Meant you. My fault. haha
>>
Gaia is up to 6 gyms I think. I don't really play hacks but I sometimes check out upcoming projects. The hardest part is finding some that are actually complete.

Glazed and Flora Sky are both complete and are often suggested in threads like these.

Someone released a translation of a Japanese hack, which is apparently good http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=365959

And this is complete and allows you to play on Team Rocket, but again, I have no idea how the quality is.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277376
>>
>>28504489
if you aren't afraid of fakemons, touhoumon 1.5 could be fun
if you are looking to explore, discover and experiance, touhoumon purple, which has a completly new type sheet
for something even further than the original games, try tpdp- no hms, items like boat and cutter instead.
>>28506451
>>
>>28504489
Life of Guardians is great.
>>
SacredGold/StormSilver is the most satisfying ROMhack I've ever played. Took a disappointing remake of my first generation and turned it into the polished gem it could have been.
>>
bear in mind that most of these by today's standards are prolly shit, but the ones I've beaten or progressed farthest in are Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends, Flora Sky, Sienna, Rijon Adventures, Shiny Gold X, Fire Red Omega, Storm Silver, BlazeBlack, and Light Platinum.
>>
Pokemon Glazed is really fun. I definitely recommend it.
>>
>>28507853
Forgot Naranja, but it's not really worth mentioning unless you want to get to the second gym and be disappointed by the game ending. If it ever got updated I'd love to play through it again but pretty sure it's a lost cause.
>>
I don't do fakemon and try to steer clear of 100% original regions and stories. Personally I like remakes that add to or fill out a dex in non-broken ways, change the or update the overall aesthetic, or expand existing regions with new locations and more content.

If these parameters seem good to you, here are the hacks that I have played and loved, OP

>Sacred Gold and Storm Silver
>Liquid Crystal
>Nostalgia Red
>Red++
>Emerald 386
>Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X
>Light Platinum

All of these are super high quality in my opinion. Happy emulating OP. Also I recommend getting yourself a randomizer, so you can always inject whatever starter you want. I usually inject myself an eevee or a houndour because GF hasn't designed a good starter since gen 1
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.