[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real question here. Without the modern E.X.P. share (pre-gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1472957291181.png (152KB, 500x400px)
1472957291181.png
152KB, 500x400px
Real question here.
Without the modern E.X.P. share (pre-gen 6), how do you use a full team of 6 Pokemon? Surely some must be underleveled from not using them, and they would get farther behind as you progressed. Do you put the underleveled 'mon in the front for battles and encounters then, on the first turn, switch out to your main?
>>
>>28503640
If you had another game you could get 2 EXP shares. Also lucky egg.

But underleveled mon would get EXP share priority in my team. Prior to XY of course.
>>
I just use the six of them. Everyone is more or less the same lvl without exp share or grind
>>
>>28503640
I don't usually use 6 Mon teams since there's rarely an NPC that has the threat to call for it, so why waste some grinding time when 3-4 is optimal for most?

And just cycle your lowest members around front, it's just an extra turn to switch them to safety
>>
>>28503640
I put the expshare on the most underleveled and use the second most underleved as a lead.
>>
while not particularly consciously, the way it usually goes with me is that for any given level X; three pokemon in my party are close to that level, one pokemon is a bit higher than that range, one pokemon is much higher than that range, and one tends to trail much lower than that range

it's all proportionate/relative. so a typical team could be, [ 33, 29, 27, 26, 25, 22 ] or [ 65, 58, 51, 51, 49, 45 ].

I've gotten a lot better at keeping them all pretty close, though, although one pokemon always ends up leading the pack (usually whichever one I've had the longest, natch)
>>
>>28503640
>full 6 pokemon
Generally just try to distribute the exp in a way that makes them not ass when I need them to be. It honestly makes the game a bit more challenging since everything ends up underlevelled unless you grind like an autist, which means you have to actually use a bit of strategy and skill if you don't want to get BTFO
>>
>>28504373
Mine were always 5 mons, because i didn't like to make one of them an HM-slave. Always had at least one water type. Rarely a pokemon that could learn Fly because i liked to walk around.

>>28503640
I always tried to keep them around the same levels, working with them as a team and switching often if i knew something could hit them hard, like withdrawing Rhydon if a Marill was near. Vs. Seeker was godsent in FireRed/Platinum
>>
By fighting every trainer you come across and balancing your pokemon with exp share/lucky egg. It's not hard. Especially in gen 5.

Fun fact: You're not underleveled just because you aren't 5 levels above every NPC.

Another fun fact: You can still beat gyms and the E4 whilst being underleveled if you're not a shitter.
>>
File: 1441823113659.jpg (57KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1441823113659.jpg
57KB, 500x501px
>>28503640
>Without the modern E.X.P. share (pre-gen 6), how do you use a full team of 6 Pokemon?
This site is for 18+
>>
>>28503640
How do you even play the game with the same 2-4 mon the entire time, I feel like it would be a cakewalk and the games would be even easier than they already are
>>
>>28503640
I set a level goal. for example, maybe I'm aiming for level 35. Once the front pokemon reaches that, I switch it out for another pokemon, probably level 30 from my previous goal.
>>
>>28503640
I often use a team of 1 or a team of 4.
4 is enough to cover most weaknesses.
>>
>start with low level pokemon
>first turn switch to strong pokemon

It's like Gen 1 all over again. Also, I know RGBY have an Exp Share, but somehow child me didn't ever discover it, so I had no idea it existed until about a week ago.
>>
>>28503640
what kind of question even is this lol. you just use the ones that are lagging behind so they gain exp. why are you acting like this is a conundrum? have you not played a pre-gen 6 game? there's always been an exp share item you know.
>>
File: 1473215784312.png (484KB, 879x854px) Image search: [Google]
1473215784312.png
484KB, 879x854px
>>28503640
>Without the modern E.X.P. share (pre-gen 6), how do you use a full team of 6 Pokemon?
Holy shit how underage are you?
>>
>>28503640
>Real question here.
I imagine it's only a question if your first Pokemon game wasn't Gen 6.
>>
I try to keep them the same level, when one levels up I switch to the next
>>
I know I'm getting worked here but for some reason this post really triggered me, this is basic entry level shit I figured out playing Pokemon Blue when I was 6 years old and somehow you literally retarded inbred shot stains can't figure it out as adults.

ITS FUCKING POKEMON how do you not understand how training and leveling works. Have you never heard of grinding, or are you one of those retards that solos the game with your starter? What kind of literal dipshit has problems with being adequately leveled in POKEMON.

Yes I mad, yes I'm triggered, holy fuck if you're having problems with this then jump off a building and purge the world of your contaminated gene pool you worthless shit eating dick licker.
>>
>>28505236
This. How is that hard for people?
>>
>>28503640
I just train my team based on whichever Pokémon is closest to leveling up. If I have a Pokémon out that's weak to my Foe, I'll switch it out mid-battle for another member that is either resistant, or superior to the Foe. I just rearrange the team like that, and I find it easy if you're looking to keep your members in check.

However, when I played through XY, I would keep every member at the same level, despite how long it would take to level up that one 'mon. EXP Share made sure that was super easy, and XY became the easiest main series games--in my book.
>>
I train one specific pokemon to beat one gym.

I then try to find the best combination for final league, or enjoy finding new pokemons for ultimate team.

After i can beat the final league without problems, i have a team of 5 to 8 pokemons with 80lvl, and around 10-15 pokemons at 50, the rest are shit and i caught them without really paying attention.

It's a lot of grinding.
>>
>>28503640
I don't, I use 3-5 and even then I tend to get underleveled without grinding. Sixth mon is an HM slave in all games beyond Gen 5.
>>
>>28503640
It's impossible, they stay underleveled and you get fucked
new EXP Share is the best thing gen VI come with
>>
>>28503640
Just cycle your lead around, and take some time to train any new mon you capture. It's not difficult and you do not need to be at the same level as NPCs all the time.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.