[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide on a version months before game is released >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: image.gif (2MB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 1920x1076px
>decide on a version months before game is released
>the other version exclusives are better
>mfw

Why does this happen any generation?
>>
Bad luck
>>
>>28501337
This blatantly happened with XY. It wasn't even just talked about on here either. It was on reddit and Facebook as well.

So why the fuck would you be stupid enough to preorder anyway?
>>
>>28501337
This is why I've always thought people were stupid for choosing things before seeing all the details. For example people jumping on ships for starters when they've literally only seen the first stage only to find they fucking hate the final stage.

It's why I never let myself get attached to a new Pokemon until I see it all.
>>
File: 1469244421153.png (57KB, 243x316px) Image search: [Google]
1469244421153.png
57KB, 243x316px
>>28501337
>decide on a version months before release
>the version has all of the things you would want

Seems to always be the case for me.
>>
>>28501337
Since everybody will choose the best version, you will have more people to trade(you will be the only guy with bad version exclusives)
>>
File: 1458328684475.jpg (32KB, 640x480px)
1458328684475.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>28501499
>It's why I never let myself get attached to a new Pokemon until I see it all.
I let myself get attached to a new Pokemon because I'll like the end result anyway
>>
File: 1473028534980.png (516KB, 853x720px)
1473028534980.png
516KB, 853x720px
>decide on a version months before game is released
>They set the game 12 hours ahead and you don't want to change your 3DS clock because of OCD and other games that use it
>>
>>28501337
Don't fucking preorder
>>
>>28501579
My issue with Moon is that if I'm playing during the day, I want it to be day. if I'm playing during the night, I want it to be night. Autistic maybe, but I always enjoyed that aspect of day/night in Pokemon.
>>
>>28501711
Yeah, that's my problem too. You can change the clock but Pokemon isn't the only game that makes use of the clock and I like my 3DS being at the right time
>>
>>28501337
>implying that it still matters in the days of wonder trade
>>
>>28501711
this, i play in the evenings anyway so moon is going to take place during the day, it makes no sense
>>
>>28501337
>version exclusives mattering
>in the age of instantaneous worldwide trading

Who the fuck cares? You can get literally any pokemon you want in minutes or seconds with extremely little effort from some rando across the globe.
>>
File: a winnar is gary.jpg (115KB, 625x480px) Image search: [Google]
a winnar is gary.jpg
115KB, 625x480px
>>28501337
Bad for you, man. I'm feeling pretty good with how Sun is looking.
>>
That and I always try to plan out who I'm going to have on team only to catch random shit once I play. Gen 5 was the worst offender, all the mons I had picked out were super late game.
>>
>>28501579
I have OCD too and I feel this so hard to the point where I'm probably just going to get Sun as my main game, especially if Rockruff's evo is version exclusive.
>>
File: 1471320142383.jpg (797KB, 2400x2252px) Image search: [Google]
1471320142383.jpg
797KB, 2400x2252px
>>28501499
Good thing I literally can't hate final Rowlet evo, because it's still going to be an owl.
And these are some of my favorite animals.

(pic of a random one, didn't have a barn owl in my folder)
>>
>not buying both versions at your leisure to catch 'em all at your leisure
What are you, some kind of ignorant poorfag?
>>
Or you could just not give a shit about exclusives or starters or any of that shit because ever since the fucking GTS it's been easier than ever to trade for shit. You remember the days when you actually had to KNOW someone else and HOPED their mom bought them the opposite version so you could finish the Pokedex? Remember how difficult that made version exclusives, and made that shit matter? Not anymore, man. Just get whatever title sounds cooler and trade your exclusive for their exclusive on the GTS and check back in 30 minutes.
>>
>>28501337
I decided on Sun to start with just based on the box legend. I'm happy with my choice, but it's not like switching is some massive chore unless you pre-ordered.

And really, why would you pre-order when you don't know anything? The only thing I ever really want spoiled for a pokemon game is version exclusives so I can decide which one to buy, and starter evos so I know which one to pick. Everything else is secondary.
>>
I don't think we even know any version exclusive mons just yet. I believe the rockruff evo's different forms are a result of being evolved at different times of the day, and while for sure there will be some version exclusives, we don't particularly know them just yet.

Also I just pick my version based on the box legendary and preorder it on the spot.
>>
>>28509755
Wolf in Sun, Werewolf in Moon according to Serebii's translation of CoroCoro.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 351x464px)
image.jpg
48KB, 351x464px
>>28509092
I gotta save my money for Yokai Watch 2
>>
>>28510357
CoroCoro isn't official enough for you? It's been long enough that a mistranslation would have been pointed out.
>>
File: zAuALHX.jpg (79KB, 853x481px)
zAuALHX.jpg
79KB, 853x481px
>>28509755
Not 100% sure if this means they are exclusive, but I'm fairly positive it does.
>>
File: 1454642376140.jpg (12KB, 225x225px)
1454642376140.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>28506666
That filename totally fits.
>>
>>28510304
>>28510357
Serebii only says it shows them being obtained in those versions. It makes sense since youre more likely to get one in sun and the other in moon, but it never says theyre exclusive.

Has the franchise ever actually done pokemon where the evolution is based on the version youre playing before?
>>
Just buy both
>>
>>28510704
This was when they were showing the time differences. What appears during the day and during the night. Context matters you fuckos.
>>
>>28510704
>get my sis
>but not my bro

what is this feel I'm feeling?
>>
>>28501337
Im getting sun
Ill be a bit annoyed if poppmaid is moon exclusive
But i doubt Starters will have forms like that

It makes sense for a wolf
But not an owl sea lion and Cat
>>
Red
Silver
Ruby
Fire Red
Diamond
Soul Silver
White
Black 2
Y
Sun

This is FACT. These are the best versions.
>>
>>28510871
Omega Ruby too, whoops.
>>
>>28510837
Yes, and Joe is a retard. The magazine specifically calls them Sun and Moon exclusive with the game names instead of simply using every day japanese to point out a regular sun/moon influence. They also coined this W Evo, so basically something completely new fitting with a new form of evolution, as version based day/night evo.
>>
>>28506666
Gary is winnar confirmed!
>>
>>28510871
>silver
Not with Gold's sprites.
>>
>>28505076
I thought this was how it was going to be with X. Turns out everyone wants fucking level 80+ pokemon for simple shit.
>>
I've never really decided until the games were already out, except for XY. I had decided on Y until I found out X had Clauncher as an exclusive. Sucked because I wanted Skrelp too, but Clauncher was a must have for me.
>>
File: gallery-1464879962-ygritte-meme.jpg (124KB, 768x921px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1464879962-ygritte-meme.jpg
124KB, 768x921px
IF YOU PRE=ORDER GAMES YOU ARE THE REASON GAMES SUCK. FUCKING STOP
>>
>>28501337
i guess you just have shit taste
>>
>>28511098
Same thing here, man. Clauncher was just too fucking good for me to even consider the alternative.
>>
>>28510388
I know that this is from scooby doo and the ghoul school.

arent i rad
>>
>>28511085
That's why you put up an offer yourself and not the other way around. GTS is full of retards, trolls and little kids so the few sensible requests get snatched away nearly immediately and you're stuck seeing only the bullshit trades.
>>
>not deciding on a version until the last moment when more exclusives are revealed
>>
>>28510871
Fact? How can that be when 1 of those is not even released yet?
>>
>>28510871
>Diamond over Pearl
>B2 over W2

Also GS and HGSS have swapped encounter tables between the two, so if you prefer Gold you should prefer SoulSilver and if you prefer Silver you should prefer HeartGold.

Otherwise good taste thus far.
>>
>>28511107
There is a difference between pre-ordering games with artificial hype and little to no content shown prior to the release and pre-ordering games with simply delayed releases in the west.
It's okay to pre-order, let's say, Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest, since we know months in advance how they're going to be. For Pokemon, especially now that there's a worldwide release (just a few days later in Europe), it's better to wait and see more info.
>>
>>28510871
Blue was much better than Red. Much better exclusive mons and better Game Corner Prizes. Same for Leaf Green vs Fire Red

Gold and Heart Gold again had the better exclusives.
>>
>>28511313
Red wins out for Vileplume and Scyther. SoulSilver wins out for Ursaring and Skarmory.
>>
>>28501337
>Preordering a pokemon game
Nigga they aren't going to run out of copies. Why the hell would you do that.
>>
>Get Pokemon Blue because Blastoise is cooler
>Red has better exclusives
>>
>>28511417
Whether midnight releases will happen or not at many stores are decided by number of pre-orders, and if you pre-order sooner on an online shop the sooner your copy is shipped once they start shipping them out and the better the chance it arrives early.

Regardless if you don't like your choice you can just cancel it, and OP said nothing about pre-ordering anyways.
>>
>>28510704
Misdreavus is paired with murkrow as a version exclusives.

Drifloon is a standalone.
>>
>>28510704
Pretty sure the English trailer said they were exclusives.
>>
>>28510871
I think you forgot Heart Gold
>>
>>28511399

Vileplume was just plain worse than Victreebel both in design and combat utility.

Blue had Sandslash who was much better than Arbok gameplaywise.

Pinsir was also better in-game than Scyther(as long as you gave him passable TM support), and was purchaseable at the game corner for a very reasonable price(2500) compared to the stupidly high-priced Scyther in Red(5500). Porygon was also 3499 Coins cheaper so it was better for filling out the dex too.

Might possibly agree on Silver having the better exclusives in the long run, but from a playthrough perspective, Gold did have the better deal.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.