[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree than Kanto is going to be the next remake after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 7

File: Kanto_3DS.png (2MB, 2000x884px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_3DS.png
2MB, 2000x884px
Can we all agree than Kanto is going to be the next remake after Sun/Moon?

FR/LG are the most outdated games without a remake (even if they are already a remake) and we had lots of Kanto teasers since X/Y like the Kanto starters megas, Origins, Pokémon Go and now Generations so it has sense for GF to do something like this.
>>
File: 1473557960195.png (27KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
1473557960195.png
27KB, 360x361px
>>28493254
No it wont, because RBY was added to the eshop, in a way of showing they wont fucking remake it and to transfer from more gens. This meme where kantofags shit on sinnohfags needs to stop.
>>
>>28493312
>RGBY in eshop = no remake
Literally how
>>
>>28493312
Would be cool to see them add FR/LG to the eshop with Pokebank compatibility. A remake would be cool, but we're already seeing hints toward D/P/Pl remakes in S/M. The portals might be connected to the Distortion World, the electric guardian kid looks like eight Gym Leader of Sinnoh was standing next to him, the cosmos being something Team Galactic might be interested in, etc.
>>
>>28493254
Not to mention the only area in the entire series that hasn't been rendered in 3d are the sevii islands

I, for one, hope for a Kanto remake before a sinnoh remake. I didn't enjoy sinnoh
>>
>>28493377
>Not knowing how Nintendo works with their product placement
Hypefag detected
>>
>>28493254
No.
If there's gonna be a next remake, it's gonna be of Sinnoh.

You're retarded.
>>
>can't even play the fucking play the eshop rby on the wii u
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I think we will get RBY remakes or RBY sequels.
>>
File: 147273458152263.png (443KB, 1000x1227px) Image search: [Google]
147273458152263.png
443KB, 1000x1227px
>>28493254

Pokémon Pearl and Diamond remake is next.
>>
>>28493471

> sequels to Pokémon RBG

Pokémon Gold, Silver and Cystral exist
>>
>>28493446
>pokemon
>nintendo
lol
>>
> they have to remake games because they have done so in the past.

If they have to revisit a region from now on, it'll be through sequels. They tested it through b2w2.
>>
I hope not. Genwunners are very annoying people.
>>
>>28493406
They'd have to put GBA VC on the 3DS or put bank on the Wii U. I doubt either is going to happen.
>>
>>28493471
It would be a reboot with megas just like oras and origins.
>>
>>28493446

Game freak created Pokémon.
>>
>>28493508
>>28493538
>Thinking Gamefreak is in charge of product placement
Do you know what Nintendo is?
>>
>>28493254
>FR/LG are the most outdated games
The fact that you can go to Kanto in HGSS basically nullifies this.
>>
>>28493480
DP remakes are next gen, FRLG remakes could still be this gen.
>>
>>28493254
Using Pokémon Go as evidence that Game Freak/Nintendo are hinting at Kanto remakes is stupid.

Pokémon Go will some day, probably add other regional Pokédex to the app, but they started with the Kanto dex because it's the first fucking Pokédex. And because most people are familiar with the first 151 but that's beside the point.

The point is that it's only logical to start with the first Pokédex instead of the 5th or 6th gen Pokédex. That would alienate a whole target audience.
>>
>>28493521
Oh, you're right. That's why we got Ruby & Sapphire 2 instead of remakes.
>>
>>28493254
No, because we're getting Gen 4 remakes.
>>
>>28493699
Yes and? Pokémon Go was a success that brought lots of new players into pokémon, and the best way to make them buy the games is doing a Kanto remake, since it has all the pokemon they are familiar with.
>>
>>28493521
I loved Ruby and Sapphire 2, it was such a good game.
>>
>>28493786
>What are Alolan Forms?
>What is product placement in eshop?
Also, even though new people might have gotten into Go, that doesnt mean they want to play Kanto.
>>
>>28493254
>FR/LG are the most outdated games

What the fuck has this even got to do with anything? Fucktards like you are why people stop playing older games, by spouting that they're outdated. You sound like a gigantic casual.

Besides, after ORAS I would rather not have any new remakes. Just put the original on VC/download and add bank functionality. Not that I think they would do the GBA games on the 3DS.
>>
>>28493689

Nah. RBY remake remake won't happen
>>
>>28493830
Alolan forms aren't enough, anon. If you ask most people, they won't know what the heck they are unless if they're friends with someone that's still into the series. Now, if they made Kanto remakes, it would undoubtedly make media coverage.
>>
>>28493913
>Thinking it would happen
Kantofags sure are salty, even though theres evidence against it.
>>
File: image.png (108KB, 680x679px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108KB, 680x679px
>>
>>28493931
Not a Kantofag, anon. It's my 2nd least favorite gen. I'm just talking about what would be a smart business strategy.
>>
File: pokemon_boxart.jpg (142KB, 1250x700px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_boxart.jpg
142KB, 1250x700px
>>28493254
they already remade genwun for the 3DS
>>
>>28493406
Why stop there? It would be great to have all the Pokemon games on the eshop with compatibility to the bank, along with fixed WiFi features for the gen 4 and 5 games. No need to hunt down games like HGSS that are more expensive than what they need to be.
>>
>>28493907
Not saying it WILL happen, but it definitely could. Especially now that Pokémon is mainstream again, and they're celebrating the anniversary.
>>
I doubt it'll be in gen 7, 7 isn't getting a remake at all. Gen 8 might get a remake. Diamond and Pearl are more likely but I wouldn't rule out a RBY/FRLG remake happening in the next console generation. It's going to happen sooner or later, the only question is how it'll affect their current progression of remakes (would they really remake two games in one gen, for example? Or would they just start from gen 1 all over again?)

/vp/ might be a bunch of Kanto haters but they'll have to swallow their pride eventually. Kanto in full 3D WILL happen, whether it's in 2 years or in 8.
>>
>>28495568
>7 isn't getting a remake at all
Source: your ass.
>>
>>28493480
>implying anyone wants that
>>
>>28493254
>Pokemon True Blue
>Instead of just proposing you to name your Red as Blue/Gary/John, you get to PLAY as Gary's model

>Pokemon Yellow Remake
>More Team Rocket content n shit
>Ashnime has to promote it with a season finale and another Satoshi vs Shigeru

Would have been good.
>>
>>28495760
I probably worded it badly but it's pretty damn likely that gen 7 isn't getting a remake. The 3DS doesn't have long left, and we're in a clear Gen 5 situation.
>>
How many fucking times do you faggots need to revisit Kanto until you are satisfied?
>>
>>28494692
I'm pretty sure if they make another kanto game it'll be a different story and unrelated to rbg
>>
>>28493254
I really hope not
>>
>>28493254
Is it bad that, if they remade Yellow, I want them to put even more anime references and stuff?
>>
>>28496016
Yes. The anime is utter trash.
>>
I cannot wait for the inevitable Kanto remakes. I'll drink up all the tears here when it happens.
>>
>>28496016
Like what?
>>
The Kanto map itslf has a lot of potential when remade into 3D, without grid and so on, it could become an exciting new adventure.
But when playing RBY they all seem soulless and empty once you beat the league.

In current games, you play them, and you feel a sense of connection to people around you.
If you play the oldest games, they end up feeling sterile and cold..

If they shove Kanto down our throats yet again for the FIFTH time, they better make one hell of a plotline for it to be exciting, new cities, more islands, revamped maps and so on.
>>
>>28496095
I dunno. Obviously not every episode gets a nod, but maybe have Brock and Misty as recurring characters in the story, since Gym Leaders play a bigger role now.
Then again

>Gen 1 game and anime
>Story

Johto Region post game
>>
>>28496095
Cities strictly from the anime?
Like the city where they encounter a giant radioactive Tentacruel and meowth ends up being brain-controlled by a tentacool?

And the Underwater hotel?
>>
I want Lightning Yellow with Johto as post game
>>
>>28496385
If the ultra beasts do turn out to be boss fights then it would be a perfect time to remake Yellow

So many giant pokemon and mechs they could add
>>
>>28496479
Team Rocket boss fight mecha?
>>
They already remade Kanto. Alola forms for kanto pokemon is how they're going to bring that generation forward again, along with bank compatible roms, just like when we get the diamond and pearl remakes, we'll get new forms for johto pokemon and gsc on the eshop. Mark my words. Maybe they'll even roll out gen 2 pokemon in Go when dp remakes drop.
>>
>>28496521
Yes

Would actually make a Kanto remake interesting instead of looking like gen 1 pandering

It'll be the first remake I buy
>>
Kanto needs another remake more than any other game, a heavy rehaul of the region would be great, but I don't see them doing it.

>>28493588
>still neutered Kanto with no real campaign of its own
>>
>>28495805

People who grew up with Sinnoh.

I guess that make them nobody right?
>>
>>28493254
I would like that... If they added all other generations so you could travel to all the regions for the largest game ever.... However that won't happen. So instead of living in the past I wish we could just push forward. Seriously no more Pokemon remakes, especially remakes of remakes. That's just stupid. I'd love if GameFreak just pushed forward. Sure, throw in some nostalgic Easter eggs but keep moving forward. Fuck, sure revisit an old region but as meta game with a completely new story. As for another remake. No, just stop.
>>
>>28496525
>>when dp remakes drop.

that feel when i'm more excited for Sinnoh remakes than Sun/Moon right now

>>28496479
Oh yeah, and the island of giant pokemon, where they all turn out to be mech.
>>
What if, they remade Kanto games, but instead of two versions for one game, they use it for two separate games?

>Pokemon Blazing Red
>Revamped storyline more in line with later games

>Pokemon Shocking Yellow
>Anime homage game

Would you buy both?
>>
People are saying that Kanto remakes would be a good business idea, what with Pokemon GO, but the problem is most of those people don't own 3DSs and never will.
Most of them are people who "outgrew" Pokemon but can still take a jaunt down memory lane because everyone already owns a phone.
>>
>>28496746
> most of those people don't own 3DSs and never will. Most of them are people who "outgrew" Pokemon
>most
But not all of them.
>>
>>28493406
That's really what they should have done with RSE instead of remaking it, but the 3DS isn't all that good at GBA emulation.
>>
>>28496642
literally what made pokemon almost go out of buiss.
Sinoh its the most apathetic gen.
I fucking hate gen 3 but I have to admit it has a ton of fans that go raving retard over it.
>>
>>28496479
We've got the Totem and Hoard mechanics for boss fights now, too. The Totem Pokemon mechanics would work perfectly for the giant Tentacruel, since it had an army of Tentacool. The Hoard mechanic would be for things like Beedrill and Spearow swarms.

I kind of want to see this game, now.
>>
If they did a Yellow remake with more anime references, which episodes and elements would be "worth it" to incorporate?
>>
>>28497605
Team Rocket blasting off again.
>>
>>28493406
Does anyone actually want gen IV remakes? I really don't see the point, Shinnostalgia isn't a thing.
>>
Am i the only one who wants a reversed GSC? Like, you start as red in Kanto and follow the RBY campaign but then you get to visit Johto in the postgame, and it ends in Mt. Silver in a combat against gold.
>>
>>28497713
Now that you mention it, Jessie and James were in Yellow, I had forgotten all about that. I remember being mildly disappointed about them not being in Johto in Gold.
>>
>>28497779
I actually genuinely want it even more than i want Sun&Moon, and i have the highest of hopes for the Revisit.

To me, Sinnoh is home.
It's comfy, fresh and the game is genuinely interesting overall, the underground concept is genius, if they could just take the secretbase part to a higher level, bigger rooms, more items, it would be the fucking shit.

Also please don't misunderstand me, i'm a Norfag, not gramatically retarded..
>>
>>28497779
I love Sinnoh, but the game's are perfectly playable. Kanto needs another remake much more.
>>
>>28497968

Kanto on its own is boring and tedious. If you want a Gen I Redux you need to add in Johto and a lot of other elements.
>>
File: 250px-RocketExecs.png (79KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
250px-RocketExecs.png
79KB, 250x202px
>>28497897
>a blue haired man with a koffing
>a red haired woman with an arbok
>both wear white clothes unlike other Rockets
Mmmm...
>>
>>28498003
Or you could rehaul Kanto itself and really give it the fleshing out it deserves instead of falling for the trap GSC did where while they could've made Johto really big and packed of things to do instead they just shoehorned in a half-assed Kanto.
>>
>>28498041
>mfw jessie and james were actually successful in a parallel universe
>>
I would rather they just do half-remakes where they're older regions adapted to the new 3D style. New story, areas, characters, all that shit.
>>
>>28498091
This honestly
>>
>>28498075
>"successful"
They also lost to a 10 year old boy, and it made Team Rocket to disapear completely.
>>
>>28498003
It needs to be Kanto, Johto and Sevii islands.
It'd be nice if they fleshed out Mewtwo's story more, not go all-out with it and have it be the center of the plot, but something like having memory link in different places where you see events from Fuji and Oak's youth and how they fucked up creating Mewtwo.
>>
>>28498091
This, like a sequel of GSC but several years after. Gold can be the champion.
>>
>>28498061

So like HG/SS?
>>
>>28498123
>Oak
>Not Blaine
There was a reason that Adventure had him as Mewtwo's creator. There's a photo of him with Fuji in the lab.
>>
>>28498123

Kanto-Johto-Sevii-Orange

Do it GameFreak.
>>
>>28498198
Except HGSS Kanto was still worse than RBY or FRLG Kanto and they barely improved Johto. New Kanto remakes need to go even further than HGSS did in trying to improve Johto.
>>
>>28498217
Yeah, Blaine would have had to be involved too. Actually I feel like Oak would have opposed it but still feel guilty for not having done more.
>>
>>28498236

Yeah, I feel like if they just expand the map further it'd be a huge improvement.
>>
>>28498123
Also, include the female PC as a second rival/friend and she picks the starter you're strong against.
>>
>>28498326

YES like the Manga with Red/Blue/Green.
>>
>>28495805
>implying anyone wants that
I want it to see updated character art, and solely updated character art.
>>
>>28498217
>>28498278

How about a Kanto remake where the popular theory that Team rocket's goal in Silph Co and kidnapping Fuji was to capture Mewtwo is more heavily alluded to during the story, and then after beating the league, Cerulean cave doesn't immediately open, but Oak sends you into a quest all over Kanto and the Sevii islands to talk to people involved Mewtwo's creation, hoping they'll respect the Champion and share information they know on what happened to it. You do so and in each location Mewtwo sends you a memory link that allows you to see what happened there. Maybe culminating in a vision of faraway island and Mew being captured by the scientists.

After you visit all locations, Mewtwo reveals it's in Cerulean Cave and then you catch it as in the originals. Basically add Mewtwo showing you its backstory before unknown dungeon is unlocked.

Also Battle Frontier.
>>
>>28498461

Disagree. I want Ken to go back to watercolor.
>>
>>28498492
Dunno about all that, but they definitely need to do more with Team Rocket, and a Mewtwo plot line is obvious.
Gen 1's story is not up to par with current standards
>>
>>28498061
Actually, by the time they added Kanto, johto was finished. they needed more space in memory to add some pokemon and a few more details, but they were limited by cartridge size. Iwata (May he rest in peace), showing everyone why he had been made boss, unleashed some coding wizardry shit and basically reduced the size of everything they had already done by half, and they suddenly found themselves with a whole chunk of space they could add anything to. So they decided to add Kanto instead of remaking all of Johto.
>>
>>28493561
>he thinks Nintendo still does that

It's not 2008
>>
>>28498123

Yeah, mewtwo and new deserve more story.
>>
>>28498505
Never ever
But I kind of miss it
>>
>>28493254
this is a troll

you all were trolled i think
>>
>>28498764
O feel like Mew itself should be kind of an ambiguous character. It should be clear that clear that wanting to control its power was the reason for creating Mewtwo, but I'd leave its fate after Mewtwo's creation ambiguous. Even if they add an event where you catch Mew somewhere, like bringing back faraway island or something, I think they shouldn't explicitly explain how it ended up there. just add some cinnabar diaries style hints about it.

>>28498849
It's a failed troll if the discussing ends up being what people would like to see in a Kanto remake if it were to happen and not just getting violently triggered by the very idea.
>>
>>28493529
This got me to thinking:

>2016

>Can't stream 3DS games to your WiiU and play them on your TV like the GC + GBA

>WiiU doesn't communicate with the 3DS at all save for Smash, which just lets you use the system as a controller locally
>>
>>28498003

>Kanto
>Tedious

How?

It's the easiest region to navigate. Sinnoh is the most tedious region there is.
>>
>>28499019
Gamecube generation was the last time connectivity was that sweet. PBR and farm had some connectivity with DP and really shitty connectivity with Platinum and HGSS, but it was nothing compared to the synergy between colosseum, xd and box and the handheld games. Wireless was a mistake.
>>
>>28493312
Just like how Ruby and Sapphire won't be remade because you can still transfer pokemon from RBE to DPP to BW/2 to XY, right?
>>
>>28493588
You could go to Kanto in every gen until Gen 5 retard.
>>
>>28495941
So you think we're going to be getting Sun 2 and Moon 2? The fuck?
>>
>>28498710
are you retarded?
>>
>>28493254
>Can we all agree
No.
>>
>>28499087
True, though from gen III onward, only in the remake games, which always are released a year or two after the flagship games of the generation, so there were periods of several years without current gen Kanto.
>>
>>28495805
>implying platinum wasnt GOAT
>>
>>28493480
Can't wait for Palkia's expanded form
>>
>>28493254
>remake a game you can play on the last gen console
No.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.