[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I am now going to achieve a MUCH better type balance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: typechart_improved.jpg (354KB, 752x829px) Image search: [Google]
typechart_improved.jpg
354KB, 752x829px
Hello.

I am now going to achieve a MUCH better type balance in Pokémon through only THREE changes to the type chart.

I have circled the changes to the chart in blue, but I'll list them here too:

1. Water is now weak to Poison. Not only does this make sense, it also gives water a healthy doenside while simultaneously giving poison more than just two types it's strong against.

2. Bug no longer does half damage to Fairy. The Bug type is in a bad spot, it takes double damage from many common attack types. The last thing it needs is to only do half damage to the new type on top of this. It already does half damage to SIX whole types without the fairy addition, that's enough.

3. Ice is now resistant to Fairy. This is an important change and really brings some balance to the new dragon killer Fairy, which we can probably all agree is in too good of a spot right now. Moreover Ice was only resisting itself so far while getting shredded by many common attack types, easily one of the absolute worst types to be. A Fairy resistance will help a lot and balance it all.

Masuda-san if you read this, please make sure to implement these changes before you ship Sun & Moon.

Thank you.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 750x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 750x490px
>Masuda-San if you read this

Jesus Christ
>>
>>28488393
It worked at baiting you into bumping my thread.
keikaku doori
>>
>>28488356
>3. Ice is now resistant to Fairy
>Mega Mawile used Iron Head
>Mega Gardevoir used Focus Blast
>Clefable used Flamethrower
>Azumarill doesn't give a shit
Well now.
>>
>>28488356
it's not really much better, it's more like slightly better. Still better, though.
>>
>>28489192
What would you suggest?
>>
>>28489208
I understand it's not so simple. Your changes are great in that they don't rock the boat and upset other types.

Rock types, while good offensively, have stats more akin to steel types. They can't make use of their good offensive type because of their low speed. They can't make good use of their defensive stats because of their many weaknesses. You can't remove rock's weakness to grass, fighting or water, because it would underpower those types. So instead, I would consider giving a rock a resistance to itself (but this doesn't buff rock any more than it nerfs it, really) and remove its weakness to steel.

Some people might cry that this nerfs steel too much offensively, but steel is such a monster type defensively, that it really shouldn't have too much offensive presence.
>>
>>28489328
Bug needs some serious love. Maybe remove fighting's resistance to it, and ghost's, because neither of these really make sense, and fighting and ghost are already strong types? I know this makes them each somewhat weak defensively, though.
>>
>>28489407
Bug and Ice need the most love for sure. GF just hates them for some reason.
>>
>>28489444
Ice should resist water, ground, dragon. This should give it a good boost. Makes more sense than resisting fairy, too.
>>
>>28489520
That would be a bit too much I think.
I agree with the water res
>>
>>28488356

Why does ghost resist bug?
>>
>>28489545
fine, 2 of the 3. let's say ground too. Nerfs edgequake, and doesn't nerf dragon again after gen 6 nerf, cementing it in place as "strongest" type. For lore reasons.
>>
>>28489564
Don't know, it just does. Always has I think. Great, isn't it?
>>
>>28489612
Problem with ice is that GF made it as the "dragon killer" and, yeah sure, ice does that, but you'd rather just have an ice move on a good typing than BE ice.

Being ice is the absolute worst with how many things hit you for double and you only resisting yourself.

I know it's their "muh dragon" lore but fuck that, bring some balance.

And now they brought fairy and actually made it so disgustingly good, the hell?
>>
Hum, I would do an additional change:

Ground no longer does double against Rock. it makes sense thematically as well: Rock comes from the Ground as well, and they're deep underground without transforming into the ground as well.
>>
>>28489675
The reasoning is probably earthquakes wrecking mountains and causing avalanches or even whole parts breaking off etc.
>>
>>28489632

I know it always has. But it never made any sense. It makes even less sense considering the gengar line who was the only ghost types in gen 1 are poison.

So on top of it not making sense logically it doesn't make sense from a game balance perspective either.
>>
File: typebygen.png (42KB, 979x450px) Image search: [Google]
typebygen.png
42KB, 979x450px
>>
>>28489720
Well, it actually made sense in gen 1, as bug was supereffective against poison. But the only bug type move was pinmissile which was limited to beedrill and jolteon i believe, so...
>>
>>28489939
>only bug type move was pinmissile
Don't forget Twinneedle, but I get you.
>>
>>28488356

Very good changes, I think everyone agrees that those types are the ones that need balancing and your way fixes several of them with just 3 changes.

Another way would be to have Ice resist Water.
>>
>>28488871
It's the same spot for poison and steel, where most fairies learn moves that kill them. Fairies have absurd coverage.
>>
>>28489763
>More poison types on Gen 1 than in all the other gens summed up
Everytime.
>>
>>28491546

Gen 1 was weird with the whole 'everything grass has to be grass/poison'.
>>
>Water weak to Pouson
>Rock no longer weak to Ground
>Ice resists Water Dragon and Flying
There you go.
>>
>>28491657
Except Bulbasaur is pure Grass you dumbass
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.