[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually prefer the models to the sprites? The newer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: granbull.png (7KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
granbull.png
7KB, 120x120px
Does anyone actually prefer the models to the sprites? The newer Pokemon are being designed with the models in mind, but a lot of the old school ones kinda look bad in 3 dimensions.
>>
for me its just based on the pokemon.

Most of the plant types i like in 3D< but granbull is a good example of a shitty one.
>>
>>28485164
It's all about movement and poses.
Some pokemon have great poses(Greninja), some have great stand animations (mr.mime) and some just suck overwall( poor tropius)

My biggest coplain is scaling.
>>
>>28485164
Pokemon sprites and animations always were quite shitty, unfortunately. Lazy 3D >>> lazy 2D for a long time already. The ones that look bad in 3D weren't any good in 2D either.
>>
>>28485164
Yeah I hate the 3D, and that stupid fucking camera that won't stop moving.
>>
>>28485164
everybody unless /vp/'s shitposters
>>
>>28485322
>You've hatched 35,032 eggs!

NO FUCK DONT TELL THEM THAT OH GOD
>>
>>28485164
Personally I think the 3D models bring so much life and personality into the Pokemon, however because of gen 5's in between state of limbo with fully animated 2D sprites, and also logging so many hours into Black/Black 2, I think all of the gen 5 Pokemon look really awkward and out of place with 3D models because I'm so used to seeing them as animated sprites.
>>
>>28485164
Looks stupid on xatu
>>
i'm fine with models but i wish some of them had been done better. i know theres hundreds but still...
>>
Some Pokemon, notably birds, got fucking shafted in the transition, mostly because of ~~~SKY BATTLES~~~

Put Xatu and Swellow back on the ground. Make Archeops and Braviary looks less like pathetic chickens.

And I get that they put that post-processing and outline over every model to make them look more like sprites, but it kinda ends up looking dumb. Stop trying to have it both ways, Game Freak.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.