[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone worried these creatures will be too strong and break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ub_01_by_stimpidraw-dagvc8h.png (394KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ub_01_by_stimpidraw-dagvc8h.png
394KB, 1280x1280px
Is anyone worried these creatures will be too strong and break the metagame?? No way they'd put this much effort into making characters that can't be caught and trained.

als
>The true nature of Ultra Beasts are not yet known but they possess powers that could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon
>>
>>28478562
>No way they'd put this much effort into making characters that can't be caught and trained.
They are like, making a game here. You say that like there's precedence for them. And, there is, the PokeStar studios enemies. You didn't catch them either.
>>
>>28478562
>No way they'd put this much effort into making characters that can't be caught and trained.
While its true that GF is lazy, it seems that they're doing as many things as possible to break the formula this time.
>>
Plenty of RPGs have enemies you can't play as.
>>
Can't wait for gen 8 when half the enemies are uncatchable UBs
>>
Okay, lets assume they're catchable.
The beings that are in-universe considered gods of space and time have a BST of 680.
They probably have a BST between that and 600.
>>
>>28478562

This isn't the first time in the franchise that there have been entities that aren't human or Pokemon acting in an antagonistic role.

This is their way of giving us more traditional RPG-esque boss fights, going even a step further beyond the buffed Totem Pokemon. They may not even have "types" as we understand them, or they may use moves or have abilities that don't exist for Pokemon to use.
>>
>>28478589
You didn't actually fight those either though. You just threw some moves onto it, effects were added after in the movie, and depending on what moves you used context was added to the story of the movie.

This is straight up something unprecedented and never done before. Like at least Shadow Pokemon in the Orre games were still Pokemon with at least a gimmick.
>>
>>28478562
yes, because the towns, the landscape, the lore around pokemon, the pokemon trainers themselves, the elete four, and the pokemon anime were allways catchable pokemon that effected the metagame
are you just pretending to be retarded or what?
>>
>>28478708

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bittercold
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Matter
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Void_Shadows
>>
File: 75847-1.png (6KB, 57x57px) Image search: [Google]
75847-1.png
6KB, 57x57px
>>28478562

Nope.
>>
>>28478806
Void Shadows were crazy when I first saw them
>>
>>28478806
>Mystery Dungeon bosses

Maybe I made the mistake of mentioning the Orre games but, I'm sort of implying this is new for the mainline Game Freak developed games here.
>>
>>28478892

But it still sets a precedent for the idea of enemies that are neither human nor Pokemon within the overall framework of the franchise.
>>
>>28478562
How can we know? It's the first time they've done it
>>
Even if they're catchable they'll probably be sent to AG/Ubers and banned in VGC anyway
>>
>>28478926
Okay but that's not specifically what I'm referring to here. The Ashnime has tons of shit like that like those robots from the Deoxys movie or Mirage Pokemon and some other shit I'm forgetting. That in itself isn't a new president, specifically fighting them as a boss within the mainline games is.

Fuck, even Ghost Marowak was just a Marowak with an alternate form and not much else.
>>
They might just be much higher levels ingame
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.