[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2013-2014 >While Game Freak tried to pander to mobile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

>2013-2014
>While Game Freak tried to pander to mobile audience with XY and ORAS, Yo-Kai Watch, a new monsters franchise, became a monster in japan
>2016
>Instead of compete against Yo-Kai Watch, Game Freak is turning Pokémon into a Yo-Kai Watch rip-off
So this is how it ends... it is becoming a zombie franchise that copies everything.
>>
File: bawwww.jpg (24KB, 287x387px) Image search: [Google]
bawwww.jpg
24KB, 287x387px
>>28473418
>>
>>28473418

Yo-Kai Watch was never a threat to Pokemon, they aren't copying it.
>>
I don't necessarily disagree, but I'd like to see more solid reasoning.
>>
>>28473418
Nobody out of Japan gives half a shit to this rip off and GF clearly have long realized there is a huge world outside.
>>
Yokai Watch is fucking ugly and the only place I hear about it is on /vp/.
>>
>Le Yokai Watch is popular in japan meme
>>
>>28473418
Hrm, gen 7 takes a lot more ques from gen 5 than from yokai watch. Z-moves do feel like YW ultimate moves or whatever and their timing is just weird as fuck, especially considering we just had a ULTIMATE POWAH gimmick.
>>
>>28473418
Cry harder ashnimefag
>>
>>28473418
nobody gives a shit about Yokai Watch outside Japan

and stop with the "pandering to mobile audiences" bullshit, the person who made that statement was right that people have much greater access to different entertainment options now, and they were obviously successful because XY was the highest-selling pair of games since GS
>>
>>28473418
>Copying Yokai Watch
>Giant cockroach/moth woman and buffsquito
Yeah no I don't think so.
>>
>>28473500
>Le incorrect thumbnail magic meme
>>
>>28473511
Cockroach and mosquito are literally yo-kai watch yo-kai design-wise, tho.

Worst counter argument you could have picked.
>>
>>28473519
I don't know how that happened

Whatever that clefairy thing is it isn't even in my files
>>
>>28473519
>le "le meme" meme
>>
>>28473418
Yo kai watch isn't popular as Pokemon workd wide. It's not even selling the most games in Japan.

All it got is tv ratings in Japan.
>>
Yokai watch is like Saint's Row to pokemon's GTA. It's a less serious, less polished version. It's made much more cheaply and quickly and is surprisingly good but it will never be on the same level.
>>
>>28473418
I really hope Riddler is right about the Battle Frontier so that it makes up for the shitty anime. >>28473591

Exactly, it's a hot tv show, but the games are falling apart.
>>
>>28473591
Maybe pokemon wants better ratings?

I mean, the yokai style shit seems to be mostly for the anime and not getting a whole lot of hype as far as "this is in the game!" goes.

Can't wait for ash to flat out call pikachu's new exclusive z-move "paws of fury" or something.
>>
>>28473644
The Anime is old. Besides Ash is never going to win and that pisses people off. But at the same time if he wins, the entire chase and story is over.
>>
>>28473710
>if he wins, the entire chase and story is over.
Do you actually believe this? It's like saying "dragon ball ends when they collect the seven dragon balls!" when the original run was like five thousand episodes where they collect the dragon balls like five hundred times.
>>
>>28473764
Dragon Ball Z is all about fights and topping your foes with super forms.

Pokemon isn't about that. It's always been scrappy underdog who never gives up.

The entire cartoon exists to sell stuff and promote stuff.
>>
>>28473823
> It's always been scrappy underdog who never gives up

What the fuck?

No.
>>
File: 1473708073776.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1473708073776.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>28473418
>>
>>28473839
Yup it is.

Or else he would be winning every fucking league not just badges.

He never became a real pokemon master.
>>
>>28473823
>It's always been scappy underdog who never gives up
Nostalgia makes you think that, doesn't it?
>>
>>28473418

I literally don't hear of Yokai Watch outside of this board

You're mistaking its popularity in japan for its popularity worldwide
>>
>>28473823
The title of pokemon master is ambiguous.
Besides, it was already established back in DP that there is a champions league after winning a regular one.
>>
>>28473893
>"The entire cartoon exists to sell and promote stuff"
>Continues to talk about said cartoon
>Implying that the entire franchise isnt about gaining money, and the developers actually give a shit about that.
>>
>>28473823
What, we talking dragon ball here. The only super form is Roshi's FULL POWAH mode that he only ever uses to shoot big kamehas with at inanimate objects.

Dragon ball was all abut adventuring, traveling and meeting new people. Occasionally, they would fight a big threat or something. Mostly, the excuse was that they were traveling to collect the dragon balls. Which, they got. More than once. Why didn't the show end when the dragon balls were collected once? Because there was more to the characters and such beyond their initial goal. A pokemon show has no reason to focus on some failure kid forever.

Hell, a lot of animes have protagonists who're actually competent and win at their shit. Like Toriko or Luffy or even the Yo-Kai watch faggot kid.
>>
>>28473902
Nah. It's what the show been about, win badges then choke or lose leagues. Rinse and repeat.

It's like archie nevert really getting out of high school or Hirooki Gotoh can win everything but the World belt in Japan.

His story isn't over until he wins one.
>>
>>28473977
Where did I said that? All franchises exist to sell stuff except shitty indy crap nobody cares about.
>>
>>28474021
Failure kid is bit harsh. He collects all the badges but chokes at league.

Tbh, I don't even watch the anime but it's obv rinse and repeat cartoon. It's basically a commerical to sell stuff. Not different from American cartoons or old Anime where nothing ever ends until it's axed.
>>
>>28473457
new ash says otherwise.
>>
>>28473549
No they aren't. Yokai watch monsters are goofy as fuck
>>
>>28474480
>Yokai watch monsters are cats
FTFY
>>
>>28473457
I think OP means the anime.

No one cares about the anime but autists, anyway.
>>
>>28473549
You haven't seen literally a butt monster and granny with a boombox, have you?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.