[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any fellow /fossilbros/ on /vp/? I really like fossil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 17

Are there any fellow /fossilbros/ on /vp/?

I really like fossil pokémon. My favorite is Kabutops. Not just my favorite fossil, my favorite pokémon of all time actually. Try to fit him on teams whenever I can.

Anyway, what do you hope for in terms of Sun and Moon fossils? Anything we haven't had yet that you'd like to see?
>>
>>28472924
Looking at them all together makes me realize there's not a single fossilmon I dislike. I usually don't use the ingame since they're at such a low level when you revive them but maybe I will for Sun/Moon.
>>
File: firefox_2016-09-13_00-13-29.jpg (295KB, 1006x857px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-09-13_00-13-29.jpg
295KB, 1006x857px
>>28472984
I just wish they hadn't messed with my bro Archeops so much. The 3D treatment didn't go so well for him.
>>
File: kabutops-pokemon-go-1.jpg (142KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kabutops-pokemon-go-1.jpg
142KB, 1920x1200px
Kabutops is definitely my favorite fossil mon, and during gen 1/2 was my favorite mon.
>>
The tirtoua line irks me because yeah, I get it, it's based on a prehistoric turtle, but there still are fucking turtles now. What's the point. Also for breaking the Rock/other type pattern, but that's just my OCD
>>
I've always wanted to see a fan game in which your starter was a fossil pokemon of your choosing.
>>
File: 1426001279379.jpg (17KB, 478x478px) Image search: [Google]
1426001279379.jpg
17KB, 478x478px
Maybe in SM I'll breed myself a "competitive" fossil team and call myself the fossil gym leader and give out mspaint badges to people on /vp/ who beat me

How autistic would that be?
>>
It's too bad most of them get crippled by their rock typing.
>>
>>28473443
Very, but please do it.
>>
aerodactyl 4 life
>>
>>28473562
>tfw fossils and ice type are my favorites

It's like I accidentally enjoy cucking myself
>>
>>28472924
I love me some fossils, no clue what they will be but I hope they get revealed soon.
I don't see me using one cuz I fuckin love day doggo, and my OCD prevents me from having 2 rock mons on my team, so the fossil mon would have to blow me away.
hbu, do you have an idea what they will be, OP?
>>
>>28472924
>Anything we haven't had yet that you'd like to see?

I've said this maybe twice or three times before, but one concept I'd like to see is "Feral" or "Living" fossil pokemon in the sense that they would work a lot like Alolan Forms: Fossil Pokemon adapting, living and thriving in secluded wild locations where they've had the time and resources to adapt to form more in-line with how they were originally.

Id Est: Pure Water Omanyte & Kabuto or Lileep & Cradilly with Grass & Water duel typing, you know?

Fossil Pokemon as they currently exist would still be around; these would just be the "wild" ones that had escaped to live in the wild.
>>
Gamefreak really needs to blow everyone's pants off with a surprise preserved prehistoric valley in one of the Pokemon games, filled with nothing but fossil Pokemon still roaming about.
>>
>>28473772
That would be amazing
some lost deal
>>
File: 1024px-Archelon1DB.jpg (123KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Archelon1DB.jpg
123KB, 1024x638px
Rampardos is my favorite, followed by Aurorus.

>>28473161
Tirtouga's supposed to be based on pic related
From the Wikipedia article:
>Unlike most modern turtles, Archelon did not have a solid shell, but instead had a skeletal framework supporting a leathery or bony carapace. Other distinguishing features include a pointed tail, a narrow skull, a relatively narrow, high-vaulted shell, and a pronounced overbite.[2] The live weight of an Archelon ischyros is estimated at more than 2200 kg (4,850 lb). They probably had a very strong bite, and were optimized for feeding on pelagic mollusks such as squid.[5] The specimen exhibited by the Museum of Natural History in Vienna is estimated to have lived to be a century old, and may have died while brumating on the ocean floor.[5]

Hell, the leathery/bony shell bit is probably why Carracosta gets shell smash.
>>
>>28472924
Lileep, Archen, and Tyrunt lines are my absolute favorite. Aerodactyl and Omanyte get special mentions.

Acrobatics Archen is a fucking monster.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
I'm rock hard
>>
>>28473038
This os much. I had so much fun with Archeops but now he looks retard.
>>
File: 1473044077675.jpg (64KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1473044077675.jpg
64KB, 500x313px
>adore omanyte
>don't like omaster
Call me petty but I hat the eyes, ruins it for me. At least omanyte is good 8n LC.
>>
>>28474805
yeah omanyte is cooler than the evolution
>>
File: Tyrunt.jpg (69KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrunt.jpg
69KB, 1024x576px
Tyrunt is my favorite until the Ankylosaurus fossil is revealed.
>>
File: anky fossil.jpg (186KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
anky fossil.jpg
186KB, 800x563px
>>28474958
please gamefreak
>>
Love Kabutops too! Raised one named METROID in my FireRed nuzlocke; it's thanks to him that we were able to defeat Lance's dragons.

I'd love to have a Smilodon fossil pokemon. Maybe make it a speedy Rock/Ice type with an annoying ability that raises evasion sharply when at less than 50% HP?
>>
>>28474958
I really fell in love with these guys, remind me of the dragos from mother 3 with the their dragon typing.
>>
>>28475029
Didn't find any very good Smilodon fossilmon on Google but it had this (not a fossilmon though)
>>
>>28473443
>>28473443
Instead of giving badges, give them a fossilmon of their own.
>>
>>28475131
Let's make it even more autistic and get more fossilfriends to fight as the gym trainers
>>
>>28474958
>yfw you realize they won't do this because of Torterra
>>
File: lelgant.png (8KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lelgant.png
8KB, 500x500px
>>28475309
DOESN'T HAVE THE SPIKY TAIL CLUB
IT CAN STILL HAPPEN
>DENIALFAGGING
>>
>>28475072
Dude, bitchin'.
>>
mosasaurus when?
>>
>>28473723
YES. I have also talked about wanting this. I hope regional forms never go away because if not in this game, I want to see it implemented in a future game.
>>
>>28473723
Personally, I'd rather see the opposite. Fossil forms of pokemon that are still alive, but have changed somewhat from what they were back then, or adding rock as part of the fossilization process.

Like, for example, a Water/Rock version of the Totodile line
>>
>>28473723
>>28473772

I'd love to see these two ideas combined into a Safari Zone Island kind of feature:

-An isolated island with a tropical environment, game wardens and dozens of naturalized fossil roaming around in a natural habitat specifically recreated for them.

-It'd work more akin to the initial Safari Zones: you pay to get in, you get x30 Safari balls and you can put out bait, throw rocks, etc.. Maybe ditch the Time/step limit though.

-The park could also have a number of dinosaur-like or prehistoric living pokemon that follow the motif to round out a bit of the roster: Kangaskan, The Nidoran lines, Exegutor, Tropius, Dratini's line, etc..
>>
>>28476531
oh baby
make it happen

some post game remote tiny island with huge cliffs, tropical look, very prehistoric feel
>>
>>28476531
YES. FUCK YES! I want this so bad.

We just need a game set in prehistoric time. I don't care if it doesn't make too much sense because apricorn balls didn't exist. Maybe pokemon started off being tamed and domesticated like we did originally. Who knows.
>>
>>28476776
Could always make it a time-travel plot. Some sort of research project, stranded and have to find a way back, the usual fare.

That would give you access to pokeballs and any other modern tech.
>>
>>28476858
True. And with how they're kind of incorporating aliens/space/travel in Sun/Moon I expect there to more of it in the future games.

Actually a game like that could really be fun. Finding out the origin of pokemon research and what species of pokemon died out and what lived and all the stuff would be so interesting.
>>
>>28476933
Yeah. It feels like a better fit for a side-game though. I wouldn't mind another sort of pokemon Colosseum style release with that concept.
>>
File: image.png (68KB, 696x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68KB, 696x380px
>>28476531
>gf would never do something this cool
>>
totally a Fossil Poke-fan!
>>
>>
>>28475072
what litten could've became..
>>
>>28473723
I love this idea. Fossil mons evolved/adapted to the current environment to thrive and hunt capably.
>Dragon/Flying Aerodactyl
Now has adapted a beak to fish for food.
>Water/Bug Kabutops
Kabutops can retract limbs and stride and swim extremely fast.
>Water/Dark
Based off of modern Nautilus, swims fast. Dark typing from their eating of carrion.
>Ground/Bug Armaldo
Hard armor, lives completely terrestrially. Can dig with great speed.
>Grass/Water Cradily
Based off of modern crinoids. Can swim freely and "elegantly".
>Dragon Cranidos
Standard rampager kaiju-mon
>Steel Bastidon
Shield face isn't flat; evolved and now has horns, think an anvil with horns.
>Fighting/Ground Archeops
Gave up on flight, can jump extremely high. Similar to ostrich.
>Electric/Ice Aurorus
Obvious.
>Steel/Dragon Tyrantrum
Indominous Rex
>>
>>28472924
An aspiring paleontologist here, fossils are my shit. Given that the region is based on volcanic islands, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do fossils this gen. But if they do, they could be about anything and I'd be happy. Hadrosaurs, weird Triassic reptiles, Pleistocene or older mammals, eurypterids, bizarre echinoderms, crazy Cambrian shit, whatever, as long as they don't fuck it up. I love that there are Archaeopteryx and Microraptor pokemon, and while I can concede giving them lizard heads and tails to emphasize their transitional status, I hate that they made Archeops's model so fat in gen VI. Also, the gaps in Carracosta's shell right above its arms annoy me for some autistic reason.
>>
>>28477557
This is pretty cool except for Armaldo, its based off of an Anomalocaris which is a water predator from the Cambrean
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.