[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so angry about the UBs? They're just another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: wailrobotnik.png (16KB, 729x515px) Image search: [Google]
wailrobotnik.png
16KB, 729x515px
Why are people so angry about the UBs? They're just another sign that Game Freak is stepping in the right direction with difficulty - not only are they introducing Totem Pokemon, which have stat boosts at the start of the fight and turn battles into 2v1 situations, but they're also introducing UBs, which are looking like they'll end up being uncatchable (they're being catagorised differently to regular Pokemon, and they appear to be monster incarnations of Team Aether members + Lillie, if she doesn't turn out to be part of them) - meaning they can give these pokemon crazy stats, strong moves and great abilities to go with it without worrying about the balance of them.
>>
File: Togapi.jpg (13KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
Togapi.jpg
13KB, 296x320px
I'm upset that we're getting monsters that aren't catchable. Also because they look significantly different than all prior design directions, though I don't mind that as much. Nothing else, really. They could have accomplished this with actual Pokémon (and even did to an extent in BW2,) and it feels like they're betraying the universe they've spent 20 years building.

Despite this, I'm still buying the game, and I hope they convince me that it's fine.

Pic unrelated
>>
Im upset that this deconfirms the cool plot that lusamine and aether are evil
>>
It just looks like GF will be trying to make a few spin-off games based on the UB's alone and S&M is their way to get people hyped for them.
>>
>>28458506
>we're getting monsters that aren't catchable
We already got this in B2W2.

>Also because they look significantly different than all prior design directions, though I don't mind that as much.
UB-01 looks like a Pokemon to me, although I can see what you mean with both UB-02 forms.

>They could have accomplished this with actual Pokémon (and even did to an extent in BW2,)
The Kyurem fight in B2W2 wasn't anything challenging. Despite it having legendary stats, you could fairly easily one shot it if you had a decent lead.
>>
Anons hate new experiences and secretly want nostalgia pandering. Case being BW(completely new and hated) and BW2(loved)
>>
Nintendo fans in general are manchildren who hate change and innovation. Look at how well the copypaste New Super Mario Bros. games sell.
>>
>>28458545
Doesn't this solidify that theory? UBs are creatures that "possess powers that could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon," which doesn't exactly scream "friendly team pokemon" to me. At the very best, they make Aether a team of anti-heroes, although this is highly unlikely.
>>
>>28458610
I think this goes for almost all vidya fans. Hell, all media is cancerous cause fans just want to relive the experience
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.