[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How this Corocoro affected your opinion on SM? I gave a chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: UB01.jpg (81KB, 1063x597px) Image search: [Google]
UB01.jpg
81KB, 1063x597px
How this Corocoro affected your opinion on SM? I gave a chance for Ultra Beast but I don't like them. We don't need non-pokémon bosses in a pokémon game, and it makes no sense to see them battling pokémon.
>>
The split forms is cool and the anime will probably be the same shit as always but I'd rather this than another new region that he will fail in
>>
>>28456587
>criticizing a plot element before you even know what the plot is
>>
The new UBs look alien, something completely different, which is the point. I like the idea. It shakes up the foundation of the Pokemon world but doesn't necessarily change the mechanics of Pokemon itself.

As long as battling and trading are intact, Pokemon will always be Pokemon in my book even if they try different story elements
>>
The UBs are very close to ruining this for me desu. I wouldn't have minded if they had all been similar, like a family of UBs but the fact the new ones look more robotic than alien jelly fish riles me up. They are too different- too much design energy and time has been put into something that isn't catchable and I think that's ridiclous in a pokemon game. I've seen people compare them to the ghosts in rby etc but that was a very generic and formless ghost based off an actual pokemon. This is some other shit that has no place in a pokemon game.
>>
>>28456632
What could they possibly make to not sound dumb?

>actual aliens that battles against pokémon because ???
>human that turned into monster/pokémon
>they're pokémon

If they're regular pokémon, introduce them as one, like you're doing before. And the other options are just weird, going into a pointless territory.
>>
>>28456587
I hate it. Boss battles, in a RPG, who is the idiot that thought of that. He should be fired.
>>
File: Panda Girl Confused.gif (210KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Panda Girl Confused.gif
210KB, 500x281px
>>28456587
>it makes no sense to see them battling pokémon.

It doesn't? Oh? Why is that? Pokemon can't fight against non-Pokemon entities?
>>
I swear every complaint about UBS are from people that don't play video games other than pokemom and because of that can't see how super bosses would add to the game in format, especially with the totem system. If the UBS turn out to be aliens or creatures the future foundation made that need to be stopped, thematically it would make the world deeper and when you fight them make the game feel more akin to the anime or manga, you have your small team take down a giant like UB2? Kids would love it, you'd feel closer to them and the world.
From a gameplay standpoint they could come up with beefed up stats, custom moves and maybe do a play on the totem system where they'd summon lesser ultra beasts or other ultra beasts. This would be challenging yet fun like a legendary fight.
>>
>>28456587
After XY is clear they had no idea on what to do on the classic formula, so they are shaking things a bit. I look forward to the story in SM
>>
>>28456587
>We don't need non-pokémon bosses in a pokémon game,
It's exactly what we need. I was hoping for something similar for a long time.
>>
>>28456709
>Desu
Opinion invalidated
We don't care, fuck off.
>>
>it doesn't make sense for pokemon to battle them

fucking why? That's like saying if aliens came to destroy the world that humans would sit back because it would be weird to engage
>>
The whole UB concept is even worse to me now.
Let's see - oh, yeah, Rockruffs evolution. It's like Tumblr and Deviantart had a baby.
>>
>>28456587
I like them, it's an original idea for once. And I'm a sucker for any plot that has weird beings that make no sense for the current setting popping out of nowhere and making avock.

I don't like Beauty as a design though. Shouldn't have had those eyes.
>>
File: 1472708004575.png (193KB, 450x413px) Image search: [Google]
1472708004575.png
193KB, 450x413px
>>28456587
Agreed. I don't see why people want non-Pokémon creatures in a Pokémon game. The idea of Pokémon was to be able ti capture and battle everything you've come across, or at worst trade for one - and now we have these random entities that break the rules. I'm going to give SM a shot, but I think it neither fits in-line with how a Pokémon game should be handled (in my opinion) nor is a depth-increasing addition (because they're basically Pokémon with a shared origin that you can't capture.)
>>
>>28456587
>not wanting something new
>>
>itt: Low-functioning autists getting triggered by change
>>
It's not wether it 'new' or not. The island trails are 'new' but they're still ok and fit the general format. The totem pokemon may be uncatchable but it's ok because there still a variation of a normal pokemon- they have types and weakness and moves like pokemon. However the UB don't look like they have types etc so battling them is going to make no sense, and does not fit the general pokemon formula. However if they do have types then why aren't they just classed as pokemon and be catchable. Either way they don't fit into the game, especially a game that has already seen so many revolutionary changes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.