[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else's "taste" in pokemon change over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 15

File: 282Gardevoir_AG_anime.png (950KB, 1684x1280px) Image search: [Google]
282Gardevoir_AG_anime.png
950KB, 1684x1280px
Does anyone else's "taste" in pokemon change over time?

Pic related is an example of Pokemon I've given my "favorite" title in those years, but I've had WAY more changes in favorites

Also, what are your favorites over time?
>>
File: Untitled.png (230KB, 957x486px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
230KB, 957x486px
ill need to wait until sun/moon comes out before deciding if turtonator is actually my favorite. it could easily turn out to be shit in-game
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
No, Houndoom since gen 2
>>
>>28448064
Not really. I still fucking love Fire/Flying. So I move from Charizard to Ho-oh to Talonflame
>>
>>28448064
Mudkip/swampert was my favorite before bw. Victini was my favorite since 2011 and still is now(tied with Aipom)
>>
Im a mess who has a new favorite pokemon every week

Im even considering replacing hitmonlee with weezing as my favorite kanto mon
>>
>>
File: faves.png (56KB, 580x372px) Image search: [Google]
faves.png
56KB, 580x372px
I used to really love Gardevior and Eeveelutions but I moved on from those two to Milotic years ago and then Aromatisse became my #1 when XY came out. Aside from those my lists only grow as the years go on.
>>
When I was a kid I just liked the edgiest thing I could get my hands on at the moment (Charizard, Mewtwo, Houndoom) but ever since I discovered Metagross I've never looked back.
>>
>>28448610
ROCKS
>>
File: 1473651617704.png (290KB, 1825x2583px) Image search: [Google]
1473651617704.png
290KB, 1825x2583px
>>28448753
>Aromatisse
MY MAAAAAAN
>>
File: cof5.png (419KB, 529x510px) Image search: [Google]
cof5.png
419KB, 529x510px
>>28448064

Yeah, my favourites have changed over time, from a mix of in game use, online use and general appreciation of the design (often backed by fanart).

These days its Cofagrigus, but Solrock, Bouffalant, Tentacruel, Trevenant and Beedrill have all held that number 1 spot at times, and possibly will again.
>>
>>28448064
you were a kid so you were drawn to cool charizard and feraligatr, then rayquaza was the fucking tits until you started to be attracted to tits and gardevoir was suddenly... interesting.
then later porygon z was cool and hipster just like you wish you could be, until Maractus showed you than cute pokemon are great and shame is for losers and immature assholes.
now the nostalgia mixed with refined taste makes Muk an underrated old school favorite.
>>
File: 1466243501714.png (182KB, 209x322px) Image search: [Google]
1466243501714.png
182KB, 209x322px
>>28448064
The means I acquire favorites by has changed somewhat, but the favorites I've had haven't changed much. Sceptile has been my #1 since I beat Sapphire back in the day, and that hasn't changed. However in addition to cool and cute Pokemon I've grown more open to esoteric sorts like Sigilyph and Palosand.
>>
as a kid venusaur was my favorite, then as a teen realized it would be cool to have a bulbasaur in my backpack at all times. then when Diamond came out i discovered Mime Jr and it has been my favorite ever since. fucking cute, a great concept and personality in the anime, joking around and mimicking everything.
also i think mime jr would be the best pokemon to have the pikachu role if they decide to do something new in anime or live action. never gonna replace it cuz it's the fucking mascot and face of the company and franchise but i mean keep pikachu in everything and make mime jr the shouldermon in some side project.
>>
>>28449890
>>28448753
As a side note I used to be big into the Eevees and the Ralts line but my interest in them waned over time. Partially due to their changing depiction, I'm sure.
>>
>>28448064
Yeah.
First it was Charizard.
Then it was Tyranitar and it stayed that way up to Gen 4.
Then Gen 5 rolls around and Hydreigon is my current favorite Pokemon.
>>
more than specific pokemon i find interesting the "favorite type". started with 3rd gen and i've always thought of myself as a "steel type trainer" of sorts, love 90% of steel types and like the other 10%, always choose at least 2 for my team.
but then around black and white (maybe my favorite gen in designs and with GREAT steel types) i realized that i didn't enjoy using steel types, more like i liked the idea of being a cool steel type trainer/gym leader (plus loved every steel mon).
but that i loved using grass types, nothing makes me feel better than giga draining and healing my pokemon. leech seed is SHIT but i always use it in-game and such.

i think ferrothorn was my wake up call, fairly apt desu famalangs
>>
Last year poliwrath was up there. Still love him but primeape and parasect came out of nowhere.

Pinsir is also my favorite.

Not sure what it is about gen one or the letter p for that matter.
>>
>>28448064
>those years for Zard and Gatr
You Japanese?
>>
>>28448064
Pikachu is still my favorite.

I'm 29 and he's still my fucking favorite.
>>
>>28448753
Aromatisse is a flawless sassy babe
>>
File: tumblr_m4wqgofzSa1rs1aa4o2_500.gif (8KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4wqgofzSa1rs1aa4o2_500.gif
8KB, 500x500px
>>28450078
Excellent taste. Pikachu best zaprodent. Which 'chu do you use in Pokken?
>>
>>28450024
Ferrothorn touched you with his noodly appendage and brought you to the grass side
>>
File: deliverypokemon.gif (481KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
deliverypokemon.gif
481KB, 500x309px
Nah. I've loved this dope ever since I read the dex entry saying it helps people it runs into in the wild.
>>
File: 250px-039Jigglypuff.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-039Jigglypuff.png
49KB, 250x250px
Jiggly was my favourite Pokemon since I was a kid from the anime and from playing Blue, and now as an adult my favourite things are always the stuff that are sentimental to me so Jiggly still my favourite
>>
>>28448064
It did kinda shift over time. Initially my favorite mon was Heracross and it still is my top 10 (like most of them), then Victini came, after a while Absol became my favorite, then Braixen and now I have Lopunny and Meowstic as my favorites (I have soft spots for bunnies and cats).
>>
File: giphy.gif (993KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
993KB, 500x375px
Id say it will change over time for some. I hated Vileplume, Bellossom, Jumpluff, Exeggutor, Corsola. But now they are some of my favorite pokemon. I used to love the normal choices, Charizard, Salamence, and all the other popular ones.
>>
My favorite one has always been Slowbro, I mean it. Clefable and Gengar where cool but not even close to Slowbro.

I had a teenager fase where I thought eevee was the second coolest mon with the third one being Absol, as well as liking Mawile, but thanks God I got over it, then embraced Mamoswine in my life and it was awesome, I still liked Mawile though.

Gen 5 gave me Beeheyem and Excadrill while showing me that Slowbro could be one of the best Pokémon in Existence.

On gen 6 Slowbro is still awesome, Clefable got better than ever and Gengar is still as good as he was in the past, I don't give a Damm on eeveelutions, except for leafeon and Flareon for being cute or umbreon for having small niches on competitive, mamoswine is still an awesome pig and Jellicent got back in action thanks to volcanion.

I feel sorry for beeheyem, he never got to be cool.
>>
>>28450363
You should play Super Mystery Dungeon. Beeheyem gets a big role in it.
>>
File: image.png (81KB, 1258x1254px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81KB, 1258x1254px
Sorry. Literally been a Vaporeon fan since 1998.
>>
>>28448064
Charizard --> Typhlosion --> Tropius --> Gyarados ----------------(a long ass time)------> Altaria --> Plusle
>>
>>28448064
My favorite has remained the same over years, but my general taste has changed a lot.
I've stopped finding Garbodor shit.
>>
>>28448064
Usually I only change favorites if it's absolutely garbage in game. I still might like it after I get over my disappointment, like with Corsola, but some of them I just leave behind for better pokemon.

Also sometimes branch evos can ruin it for me. I liked the whole cute stinky flower thing Vileplume has going on, but Bellossom is weird and somehow is smaller than Gloom. Should have been a stand alone mon.
>>
>>28450478
I didn't have a favorite pokemon until I saw whatever movie that is with the lati@s in it. There's a throwaway scene of some girl giving her vaporeon a drink from an old-timey water pump in a public square, and that scene was all it took for me to construct an elaborate reverie of walking along the beach or in the rain with my elegant, refined Vaporeon. still my favorite to this day
>>
File: 1298434507027.jpg (49KB, 511x795px) Image search: [Google]
1298434507027.jpg
49KB, 511x795px
I've found that I like odd, strange Pokemon much more now. Like, as a kid I thought Exeggutor was terrible, but about two years ago I realized that it and exeggcute were actually right up my alley.

Similarly, I have less patience for Generically Badass Pokemon like Blaziken now. I still like them, but they aren't my favorites.

But Wartortle has always been my favorite.
>>
I often scramble my favourites, but my top 3 are always the same: sableye #1, gliscor #2, and scizor #3.
>>
Muk and Voltorb as I started to play more JRPGs and realized they weren't just GF being lazy but putting in what is essentially traditional monsters in JRPGS
>>
File: 4546654.jpg (262KB, 1666x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4546654.jpg
262KB, 1666x1080px
I think my taste has more or less stayed the same. I tend to like weirder, unorthadox pokemon, generally those with goofy appearances.
I like all of them more or less equally though. They'd probably make for a shit team sadly.
>>
>>28450754
I love the little slices of life with pokemon that the films offer, regardless of how good any of them are
>>
>Gen1
Went between Ninetales, Drowzee, Blastoise, Nidoking, and a few others back and forth.

>Gen2-Gen3
Typhlosion

>Gen4-Gen5
Ninetales

>early Gen6
Ninetales & Xerneas

>Currently
Clauncher & Clawitzer
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.