[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Thunder >literally summons a bolt (or bolts depending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: lightning_safety_300.jpg (913KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
lightning_safety_300.jpg
913KB, 1728x1152px
>Thunder
>literally summons a bolt (or bolts depending on the gen animation) of lightning from the sky and drops it on the foe
>lightning travels instantly so good fucking luck avoiding it once it picks its target
>70 accuracy

da fuk gaemfrek
>>
>>28446880
Thunder is a sound so actual what the fuck JRPGs

And with a 70% accuracy maybe the lightning didn'n pick the right target. You set up your own counterpoint
>>
>>28446880
Have you ever tried to control where lightning it's? The only way to di4ect it is by putting a metal rod above your head
>>
>>28446880
Maybe it's the noise that hurts the Pokemon. That's why it's called thunder.
>>
>>28446937
Thunder is a sound so actual what the fuck JRPGs
This has always triggered my 'tisms desu

>>28447005
>noise deals electrical damage
Silly doof
>>
>>28446880
You know what accuracy is right? It's how good you are at hitting a thing. Sure you'd never be able to dodge it, but that doesn't matter if it got shot a meter away from ya
>>
>>28446937
More like fuck the localisation team
>>
>>28447173
>X pokemon avoided the attack
>avoided
>synonymous with dodging
>>
>>28447314
What's it called in the nip version?
>>
>>28447317
Avoidance doesn't imply purposeful movement, only that the subject was kept away from something.
>>
>>28447585
かみなり which means "thunder"
>>
>>28447585
Thunder is still called Thunder in Nip.

Thunderbolt is 100,000 volts/bolts though, which is pretty rad.
>>
Yes because it is sooo easy aiming a powerful, wicked bolt of lightning.
>>
>>28447678
>Avoidance doesn't imply purposeful movement

It does when "missing" is also an option. If an attack missed it just missed. In this situation the one doing the avoiding is you, so the movement is purposeful. Just like how you avoid a car collision or you avoid stepping in dogshit. If a bullet misses you and you just stood there when it happened saying you avoided getting hit is obtuse. The bullet missed. If you somehow managed to duck to avoid getting shot then you avoided it.
>>
>>28446880
I can imagine it being relatively easy to miss with a bolt of lightning.

But why is Blizzard so inaccurate? Blizzards are massive storms, not singular bolts of lightning that are about an inch wide.
>>
>>28446880
You know how in some Electric type dex entries state that if there's lighting close by or struck down, there's so-and-so around there? They should do that on the games where lighting strikes close by, there's a Zebstrika or whatever Electric type Pokemon

Kinda off topic, but still would be neat
>>
>>28448116
As a lightningfag I agree. That would be sweet.
>>
>>28446880
Wouldn't it be neat if they made Thunder a never-miss move against electric types?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.