[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are regional forms eventually going to take over new actual pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1308273957080.gif (18KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
1308273957080.gif
18KB, 400x358px
Are regional forms eventually going to take over new actual pokemon?
If regional form had been implemented early, would we even have things like Seviper if they could have modified Arbok?
How many potentially cool new pokemon ideas are going to get lost by becoming a re-skin of an existing mon?

Are regional forms a potential cancer over pokemon?
>>
Are you suggesting that different species of, say, spiders, that are native to different areas are actually all the same species?
>>
>>28437889
Sure, just like they made Alolan Torkoal.
>>
I don't think so.
>>
>>28437889
Maybe.

Maybe not.

Probably not that many, since the Pokemon created by regional forms still have to adhere to the original Pokemon. So basically, in lieu of simply having another fox that's an ice type, we have an ice Vulpix. Any wildly new idea would mean completely redesigning the original Pokemon, which doesn't seem to be what they're going for in this case (example: remaking Ludicolo as anything that doesn't have a big sombrero-like hat is probably not going to happen), so they'll likely just make a new Pokemon entirely. They could've made Crabwraler an Alolan Kingler, for instance.

In either case, the new regional form can still be remarkably different from the original one to the point where they're almost new Pokemon in their own right.

So, no, I don't see this as cancer, personally.
>>
>>28437889
I think it's a neat idea, as long as they're doing what they're doing now and adding new ones in addition. It's a new spin on pokemon we already know and love.
>>
File: 1452734067875.png (309KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452734067875.png
309KB, 480x800px
>>28438073
>tortoise = turtle
>>
>>28437889
I love the regional form idea. It just makes sense, and I wonder why they couldn't implement it sooner.

And no, I don't think it would have prevented pokemon, like Seviper, to be created. Seviper is a different species. Would you expect Pidgey to take the form of Pidove? No, you wouldn't. Instead maybe in another region pidgey would have a longer beak for digging through the earth or cracking in a tree or something like that.

It's a great idea to add "new" pokemon and improve old ones by giving them a boost and a new way to feature them. You can always transfer the original or other regional forms to your game as well if you don't like them.
>>
>>28437889
It's a one-gen feature like megas, all Alolan forms will be available in later games but they'll find a new thing to advertise next gen. This type of stuff becomes stale if you just do it over and over.
>>
>>28438073
Alolan Magmar
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.