[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did the theme of "way too many legendaries" start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 15

did the theme of "way too many legendaries" start in gen 3 or gen 4?
>>
>>28413348
It 3rd Gen only Lati@s were unnecessary

In 4th Gen unnecessary were Lake Trio, Heatran, Cresselia, Manaphy and Shaymin

So, in 4th Gen, for sure
>>
>>28413348
5 desu
>>
Gen 4 definitely.
>>
>>28413625
>Manaphy
You either mean Phionie or both.

About the question, it "started" in gen 4, but ended pretty quickly.
>>
>>28413625
deoxys was unnecessary too
lake trio was necessary, but darkrai, cresselia, heatran, and either shaymin or manaphy weren't
>>
It only just hit me that gen 4 only has 1 more legendary than gen 3, now that mythical pokemon are a separate category.
>>
>>28413348
>way too many legendaries
I have yet to experience such a feeling.
>>
>>28413348
I'm really not bothered by large amounts of legendaries. Hunting down each one is fun to do post-game. Kalos was completely underwhelming in comparison, with only 1 new legendary and two returning ones to catch post-game.
>>
>>28413663
>deoxys was unnecessary too
He was, but he was pretty cool and had an unique concept so I think it's excusable. Jirachi on the other hand...
>>
>>28413348
3 was when they started getting out of hand but the designs were good so no one really complained.

4 was the first gen where it was really apparent. The legends both looked horrible and there were literally as many event legends as the 3 previous gens combined.

5 was really way, way too much. Two trios, box legend trio, shitload of event pokemon and literally the worst designed pokemon in all of history with Keldeo.

6 reined it back in but now has as many event legendaries as there were ingame legendaries.
>>
>>28413661
Phione is't legendary at all

And it lasted for 4th and 5th gens, so, yeah - ends quickly
>>
>>28413348
It started in gen IV, but it at least had an excuse, being such a lore-heavy region (it doesnt excuse it, but it makes a bit of sense).

Gen V really had no reason to make so many, and it seems gen VI is bringing down again the number of legendaries
>>
>>28413663
Deoxys was needed to show legendary pokemon with ability to have different forms.
Lake Trio is shit. Darkrai is one of the best legendaries of all time.
>>
getting Jirachi from.pokechannel was rly fun and Manaphy from pokerangers
>>
>>28413765

The Swords Of Truth should have been saved for Kalos.
>>
>>28413736
>>literally the worst designed pokemon in all of history
>>>Keldeo

My "dear friend", do you ever see Gulpin and Swalot? (Or Dunsparse)
>>
>>28413764
Now that I googled it, there seem to be some discussion about it.
I didn't really question it until now, to be honest.
>>
>>28413794

Darkseid is cool but he and Cresella could have easily been incredibly rare Pokemon like Rotom. Version exclusives and breedable. Heatran too.
>>
>>28413736
Pretty much this.
As for Keldeo he wasn't really "badly designed" more than he was pony bait for the mlpfags.
>>
>Version Legendaries + Third
>Regional Trio
>one event legendary
>optional second event legendary
This seems like a reasonable amount for me. Balances fun without getting too out of hand.

Even being pessimistic and viewing legendaries as Movie Fodder, this gives you at least three easy movies (Box, Trio, Event, assuming they don't split them up), which they can supplement with Movie Featuring Old Legendary, or Featuring Cool Normal Pokemon (ie Lucario, Zoroark, etc.).

It isn't even that I dislike any of the legendaries from recent games, I actually like them a lot! But I feel like less is more in making them feel special, and legendaries are supposed to be special. Stuff like Heatran could just be a normal Pokemon that is a bit harder to get- think Lapras in the Cave on Mondays, or Drifloon at the Wind Turbines on Fridays, etc.

>>28413714
This, though the franchise has enough of a backlog of legendaries that I don't think we need to add tons in each game.
>>
File: 250px-645Landorus.png (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-645Landorus.png
60KB, 250x250px
>>28413736
>gen V
>literally the worst designed pokemon in all of history
Yes
>Keldeo
No
>>
>>28413348
Latios and Latias should have never been legendaries
>>
>>28413348
Heatran and Shaymin are canonically regular Pokemon, so idk why Game Freak made them legendaries. Heatran even has two genders.

I'm pretty sure Manaphy is supposed to be an alpha Phione so it makes sense that it can breed.

The worst offender of all the generations Legendary-wise is gen 5 IMO. It has 3 legendary trios, two of which are unrelated to the story, and an event legendary associated with one of them.
>>
File: 1306809205514.jpg (137KB, 644x878px) Image search: [Google]
1306809205514.jpg
137KB, 644x878px
>>28413957
>pony bait for the mlpfags
seriously, what? bronies were never notorious enough for japanese developers to give them the time of day, and even if they were, Pokemon Black/White came out a whole month before MLP:FiM did.

Gen V has much better, much more obvious furbait than Keldeo anyway, pic related.
>>
>>28413794
Lake Trio was plot relevant though so they couldn't have been dropped regardless of whether they're shit or not.
>>
>>28413957
but keldeo came out before friendship is magic did
>>
>>28413957
Black and White released in japan before FiM began airing you stupid faggot.
>>
>>28413794
lake trio is plot relevant
darkrai is edgy af and you should be ashamed of liking him so much. are you 12?
>>
I'm glad that Gen VI only had 6 legendaries. Gen VII seems like it is going to have atleast 8 and that's already enough for me.
>>
>>28413957
Imagine being this stupid.
>>
File: 1364442486348.jpg (15KB, 191x219px) Image search: [Google]
1364442486348.jpg
15KB, 191x219px
>>28414088
Why not both?
>>
>>28414159
>>28414191
Being plot relevant isn't mean good. They useless in battle and have shitty designs. Or should I say"design", because they all the same?

I'm 22 by the way. And russian
>>
>>28414202

I say 7 is the perfect number barring events. 2 trios and one extra hidden guy.
>>
Gen 4 definitely.

In my opinion, it should be

>trio (burned tower dogs, kanto birds, etc)
>mascots (groudon/kyogre, Lugia/Ho-oh)
>arbitrator to mascots (rayquaza/zygarde)
>mythical (if not the arbitrator) (i.e celebi/victini)
>opposite mythical/arbitrator (deoxys,mewtwo)

All of which are optional and interchangeable. No more than 8 legendary pokemon but can be less.
>>
>>28413640
>>28413765
this
>>
>>28414309
I'm sorry I meant 3.

According to my autism, Lati@s were unnecessary additions.

It started with 3 and 4 was exponential with that shit.
>>
>>28413625
>Lati@s were unnecessary
they are the only good legendaries from gen 3, if anything the regis were unnecessary

also
>In 4th Gen unnecessary were Lake Trio

someone has never played a gen 4 game
>>
There are more legendary Pokemon than there are:

>Fighting types
>Dark types
>Electric types
>Steel types
>Ghost types
>Ice types
>>
>>28414357
>Game Freak made these shitty Pokemon plot relevant, so that makes them important!
Fuck off.
>>
>>28414357
Regis are good. And I played Platinum. And I know the story with Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. But they still unnecessary and can be replaced by some GOOD DESIGNED and USEFUL IN BATTLES pokemons
>>
All event Pokemon are unnecessary

ya damn right I collect them all anyway though
>>
>>28414489
>Azelf OU Uxie and Mesprit UU in Gen 4
>not useful in battle

It's not their fault we got Knock Off the meta this time around.
>>
>>28414489
Lake Trio are useful in battles.
>>
sounds like someone doesn't know the difference between legendaries and mythical pokemon.
>>
3.3% of gen 1 were legendaries.
6% of gen 2 were legendaries.
7.4% of gen 3 were legendaries.
12.1% of gen 4 were legendaries.
8.3% of gen 5 were legendaries.
8.3% of gen 6 were legendaries.

It really depends on where you define the 'too many' threshold to be. Personally, I think gen 4, but gen 2 and 3 both have a few too many for me to be comfortable with them all being 'special'.
>>
>>28413895
>or dunsparce

Take that the fuck back
>>
The Latis and Heatran shouldn't even be legendaries. There's nothing special about them.
>>
>>28414446
Them being important makes them important, yeah.
>>
>>28414613

Fuck off.
>>
>>28414613
There was no difference between legendaries and mythical in english-speaking countries until not so distant past. Even Bulbapedia split the pages for Legendaries and Mythicals not that long ago.
>>
How many legendaries in SuMo?
>>
>>28414737
Two
>>
>>28414618
How can gen II be said to have too many legendaries? It's complaining about the whole concept of legendaries if you really think so. It literally introduced only one more legendary than gen I did, with Lugia and Ho-Oh taking Mewtwo's spot as the 680 BST climatic legendary, the Beasts clearly mirror the Birds, and Celebi is another "mirage" mythical like Mew. Unless you think cover legendaries shouldn't be a thin.
>>
>>28414753
>Solgaleo
>Lunaala
>Marshadow
>Tapu Koko + 3 more
>>
>>28414737
Solgaleo and Lunala, Tapu Koko, Magearna.
Must be one more (Marshadow) and three more Tapus (for each Island). Also things not clear about Type:Null and UB-01
>>
>>28413348
The legendaries helped bulk up the post-game content. Kind of funny how people complain about the bulk of legendaries introduced in Gen IV also complain about the lack of post game content in newer gens.
>>
>>28414274
azelf is fucking amazing m8, are you high? azelf was also even more amazing before the explosion nerf. uxie was always pretty good too, unfortunately just a bit outclassed by shitty useless cresselia. mesprit on the other hand is like a UU mew.
they looking all the same is kinda ok for me. i mean it's not the first time that happened, just look at zapdos and moltres, or the regis, it's normal
>>
>>28414796

We don't even know if the Tapus are legendaries.
>>
>>28414737
Magearna
Solgaleo
Lunala
3rd one

Those are confirmed so far.
>>28414796
>Tapu Koko
>legendary

No way. They are not gonna give a legendary to each trial captain. It's just gonna be a super rare pokemon like Volcarona.
>>
>>28414489
lake trio is good tho
>>
>>28414770
Like I said, it depends on where you place the arbitrary threshold, but 6% of a whole generation is a few too many for my liking, but not enough for me to throw a fit about it. I don't think any of them are unnecessary, I just think looking at the bigger picture, there should be fewer.
>>
>>28414613

There's no difference other than one is event only and the other isn't, and that can easily change. Deoxys lost mythical status in ORAS.
>>
>>28414891
>>They are not gonna give a legendary to each trial captain

I'm not so sure about that. Considering that a Team skull admin has Type:Null, it wouldn't surprise m if many opponents in SM take a page out of N's playbook and actually use legendaries against you.
>>
How it should be:
A single regional trio and master: Birds + Lugia, Beasts + Ho-oh, Weather, Creation + Arceus and Tao (Solgaleo and Lunala will probably end up here)
A small mythical: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Meloetta, Diancie and Magearna
Relevant to the plot: Mewtwo, Lake Trio (though their role easily could've been filled by a single Pokemon), Xerneas and Yveltal (Zygarde might end up here in SM)
Something interesting in the post E4 game happens involving these guys: Regi Trio + Regigigas and Deoxys.
>>
>>28414879
>>28414891
>guardian of the island
they do more than the Lake Trio, and those are legendaries
>>
>>28413682
They've always been a separate category but they still fall under general legends.
>>
GF thinks postgame = catching legendaries
>>
>>28414961
lake trio hold the world in balance and can be used to summon time and space gods
tapus just sit there and say "aloha this is my island"
>>
>>28414961
By that logic the totem pokemon are legendary as well.
>>
IMO the problem isn't the number of legendaries but rather the manner in which you encounter them.

Gen1:
>birds & mewtwo
At the end of long, optional dungeons.

Gen2:
>cats
Roamers that are notoriously hard to catch.
>ho-oh / lugia
At the end of long, optional dungeons.

Gen3:
>regis
Requires solving an absurd puzzle. Good in theory, but in practice the puzzle was so hard there's no way someone could legitimately figure it out so everyone just learned from word of mouth and/or the internet.
>lati@s
Roamers, again notoriously hard to catch.
>kyogre / groudon / rayquaza
Handed out like candy to a baby.

Gen4:
>lake trio
Mesprit was a roamer, but the other two were handed out like candy to a baby. Do note that roamers got a lot easier to catch in gen4, though.
>creation trio
>heatran
Decently well placed, at the end of a fairly large optional dungeon.
>regigigas
Required all three previous regis, appropriately interesting to get.
>cresselia
A roamer, so at least some effort was required.

Gen5:
>tao trio
>pony trio
>genie trio
Roamers, but even easier to catch in gen5 than in gen4.

Gen6:
>xerneas / yveltal
>mewtwo
>burds

See a pattern here?

The problem isn't the quantity of legendaries, it's that they aren't in any way interesting any more. You just walk up to them, throw a couple balls at them and bam you've got a new 600+ BST pokemon in your PC. Congratulations. This is what is robbing legendaries of their value and interest, not the number of them.
>>
>>28414996
It is. Unless you only count battle facilities as postgame content.
>>
I like having a lot of legendaries.
>>
>>28415017
>Rayquaza
>handed out like candy

B-But the bike puzzle

Shit was hard man.
>>
>>28414835
Just give the people something similar to gen 3 emerald post-game. Cut down on the legendarys. VOILA
>>
>>28415065
i guess it's a bit harder, but you had the master ball by then which makes the e4 a piece of cake so that takes away some points
>>
>>28415017
>but in practice the puzzle was so hard
You're kidding right?
>there's no way someone could legitimately figure it out
Okay no, they even give you a braille guide in the manual it's just a matter of exploration on the players part. The rest is just translating basic instructions.

>Handed out like candy to a baby.
Yeah pokemon handed out with a capture rate of 5 behind dungeons no less.
>>
>>28415103
the master ball was already given out to you in most of those cases, that's why it's like candy
>>
I'm not a big fan of Heatran and Cressalia, nor the Regis besides -Gigas, but I dislike Cobalion, Terrakion, Victini, Meloetta and the default form of the genies more. But

I feel like Volcanion didn't really need to be legendary, and Diancie could've been Carbink's evolution. But I really like that they cut back on the legendaries in Kalos. I'm sure we can expect more in Alola though, which I'm also fine with.
>>
>>28415136

You realize you don't have to use it right?
>>
>>28415017
This pretty much. I wish they made roamers hell to catch again. I never caught any but Entei in the original gold and it made my day, hell, my week. I wasted the master ball on Ho-Oh like the idiot I am so I had to make a complicated setup with mean look and fast balls. gen IV QOl changes made pokemon so much easier to catch and train, I got a Nidoqueen with whirlwhind that made catching all 3 so easy, and since you can get more than 1 fast ball per day, it's even easier.

Though as >>28415065 says, Rayquaza wasn't easy. Specially in emerald where you could go fight it before the elite 4, but when you went back to Sky pillar the bike puzzle was there and Rayquaza was still lvl 70 despite your team being in their mid forties at best.
>>
>>28415179
sure but it does make everything super easy
by contrast that wasn't a thing in gen 2
>>
>>28415136
Using that logic every single legendary on your list was handed out to you because you can just lob a master ball at it.
>>
>>28413348
Gen 4 because 1) I love every single one of gen 3's legendaries 2) two event legendaries is a small, reasonable number.
>>
Gen 4 for sure. Gen 3 shouldn't have had Latios and Latias, but Gen 4 introduced Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Manaphy and Shaymin at the same time?, motherfucking PHIONE, and on top of the box trio, we got another duo AND another 3 on top of that.

They weren't bad though. Gen 5 is still hands down the worst generation for legendaries, with Virizion and Meloetta being the most interesting out of all of them.
>>
>>28415136
You also had the Master Ball for Mewtwo.
>>
>>28415226
not in most cases. in most cases the master ball is only handed out to you near the end or after the e4.

>>28415240
but by then mewtwo isn't going to help you fight the e4. unlike rayquaza in emerald.
>>
>>28415208
>by contrast that wasn't a thing in gen 2
You what?
>>
>>28413348
3 started the trend

Ideally I would have
>trio
>two box legends
>one to two randoms
>one Mew clone eventmon
>>
>>28414446
Well..yeah?

Gen 1 fags pls leave
>>
>>28415270
>not in most cases.
In literally every game you're given a master ball before you encounter the legendaries and you have a choice to or not to use it.

Even in gen 2 as you so wrongly claimed.
>>
I thought moltres was in victory road
>>
>>28413895
Gulpin, Swalot, and Dunsparce aren't bad.
>>
>>28413348
There was another good thread on this one yesterday. The general consensus was that Gen IV is by far the worst offender, although you could see that GF really wanted to ramp it up starting with Gen III. The difference between Gen III and IV is that Gen III still had a better story to tie in the legend, and that Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza's power levels weren't overblown, unlike Palkia/Dialga/Giratina, which are canonically the rulers of Pocket Dimensions and have control over the laws of nature.

In my opinion, I enjoyed legendaries more when they could exist as a story within the region, and didn't literally define the region's mythology. Gen V and VI thankfully reeled this back in a little more, although the damage to the design philosophy of new regions had already been done.

>>28413736
>>
>>28415374
Careful, you'll rile up the guys that think gods are fine.
>>
>>28415361
Keldeo objectively hundreds times better designed then them. Goes for normal form and for Resolute.
>>
>>28415282
>>28415319
fine, my point is when you have a high leveled legendary available before the e4
>>
>>28415466
So every game but Black and White.
Except that's not entirely true either seeing as you can catch the Kami before the E4.
>>
>>28415406
Absolutely not. Resoluteform is literally a MLP with a dildo on it's head.
>>
>>28415505
>So every game but Black and White.
no? i can only think of emerald rn. level 45 isn't high leveled when you're at the end of the main story
>>
>>28415208
Gen II is the only one where you don't have the masterball before the hardest to catch legendaries and the roamers. Still, even my 8 year old self was smart enough to finish Blackthorn City before going legendary hunting, there isn't exactly much of a journey left between you getting the wing that allows to see your version's cover legendary and obtaining the masterball.
>>
>>28415551
>Emerald
>can catch a level 70 Rayquaza before the end.

>>28415632
>Gen II is the only one where you don't have the masterball before the hardest to catch legendaries and the roamers.
That's because you can capture them at just about any point in time during the story after discovering them. That said you can seek them out after you get the master ball so it still applies to gen 2
>>
>>28415696
you can catch rayquaza in emerald before the e4
>>
>>28413348
gen 5 had the most of any generation tho
>>
I'd be all for some 'legendaries' becoming like Rotom; hard to find, useful but non-legendary Pokemon.
The Lati's, Heatran, Darkrai + Cresselia, Shaymin, the genies, the ponies etc would all be fine as obscure event Pokes. Make em spawn on a certain day of the week in a certain area, or only if you fulfill certain conditions. Catching tough 'mons adds a decent amount of post-game content and the thrill of the chase is always nice even if the quarry isn't.

>>28415353
On an alternate path that doesn't lead to the exit iirc but yeah, Moltres was in Victory Road. The only one you come across in regular gameplay if you don't go out of your way.
Of course every other game has changed it's location because reasons.

>>28415065
The bike puzzle wasn't that hard. Personally I thought the listening to Zinnia's boring lore dumps without falling asleep puzzle was way harder.
>>
File: 1442047994947.png (60KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
1442047994947.png
60KB, 300x284px
>>28413348
it's not unnecessary if i like it
>>
>>28415696
You can start hunting for the Beasts right after you get to Ecruteak City, though given how roaming works, it's not very realistic to capture them so soon. The cover legendary only becomes available after defeating team rocket before the 8th badge, the exact point where cover legendaries become available in most games afterwards and the opposite version legendary actually plays sort of a Mewtwo role by being unavailable until well after you defeat the league, the old man in Pewter City gives you the item you need. I don't think they can be said to be available at nay point in the story with the exception of the beasts, but then again encountering them is going to be rare and they are way hard to catch without the masterball.
>>
>>28415770
I agree, non-legendary event mons can be fun, i remember catching Lapras in Union Cave because of some hints the npcs gave, it was fun and it kinda became a weekly ritual for me for a few months to go to catch a Lapras every Friday to celebrate the start of the weekend. Plus you could find entrances to otherwise inaccessible sections of the ruins of Alph in the process of finding Lapras. Rotom was kinda similar but i still think Lapras was the best executed of the bunch, I wish there was more like that.
>>
>>28415753
It has just about the same amount as 4 but balanced by the slew of new pokemon it introduced along side them.
>>
I have to admit that the inclusion of Regigigas was fairly unnecessary, but seeing as it's directly related to previous legendaries, as well as the fact that it's our first Normal type legendary (ignoring Arceus, who's gimmick is that it can change into any type it wants), I'm more than fine with it.
>>
Gen 3 was one legendary away from having as many as gen 1 and 2 combined. Gen 4 and 5 have more, but 3 absolutely started the legendary bloat trend. Gen 4 started the trend of idiotic lore for them, and gen 5 capped it off with shit designs. They all worked together on this one. Thank God the only symptom remaining in gen 6 was how many of them were events.
>>
>>28413640
Gen 5 as a whole was unnecessary
>>
>>28413895
Kill yourself.
>>
>>28416015
b8
>>
>>28415967
I dunno, it still feels weird that Kalos has no legendary trio. Even if a new legendary trio would have been superfluous, they could have included all of the birds instead of making it more like the beasts in FRLG and getting only one depending on your starter. The lack of a hunt for a legendary trio felt weird.
>>
>>28416042
he's right though. what did gen 5 bring to table exactly, besides shit designs, a boring straight line story and some tweaks here and there? no 3d, no new types, no cool gimmicks (darmanitan fucking sucks in psychic mode), no nothing
>>
>>28416121
I mean, they had tms that didn't break after 1 use, and they put npcs that heal you in the middle of some of the longer dungeons, so that was cool
>>
>>28416184
honestly that didn't make much of a difference to me. the repel thing was more handy, but still just a thing
>>
>>28413348
>Legendary Birds
Represents themselves as the first legendaries because they're stronger than your average Pokemon.
>Mewtwo
Embodiment of Mew, a supposedly strong Mythical Pokemon

>Legendary Beasts
Fills out the previous trio, except they're beasts and not birds.
>Ho-Oh and Lugia
One is associated with the beasts and the other is associated with the birds, enforcers of the latter.

>Regi Trio
Regigigas split himself into three, supposedly minions to do the minor parts of Regigigas' job.
>Lati@s
Apparently time guardians, hence Eon Pokemon. Though their actual purpose is vague, so probably sky and sea incarnate.
>Weather Trio
Time escalated enough for Kyogre and Groudon to form land and oceans, with Rayquaza to balance the two of them with the title of Atmosphere/Sky guardian.

>Lake Guardians
Knowledge, emotion and willpower incarnate. Made to tame the three dragons Arceus made, they failed their jobs miserably at that. Do note that they're literally the genies of Gen 4
>Creation Trio
Time and Space along with Antimatter. Why these designs? Who knows.
>Cresselia
Good dreams and shit, useless.
>Heatran
Embodiment of Earth's boiling core, connected to Groudon somewhat.
>Regiggas
Moved the continents for Groudon.

>Swords of Justice
m-muh justice system
>Forces of Nature
we needed three pokemon instead of one pokemon to represent the weather, clouds aren't linked to lightning and thunder in anyway
>Tao Trio
Ying and Yang because of m-muh peace

>Mortality Duo
Life and Death.
>Zygarde
Earth Day.

>Emissaries of Sun and Moon
WE ASTRONAUTS NOW
>>
>>28416121
>Triple battles
>Rotation battles
>Local wireless without the pokemon center restriction
>Pass/O powers
>Hidden abilities
>Global Link
>infinite TMs
>repel prompt
>legitimate side quests

In my opinion Gen 4 was the useless one. The only good thing it brought was the split the rest was either a downgrade from gen 3 or just mediocre.
>>
>>28416082
I wouldn't have minded if they filled out the post-game by having one member of some trios based on your starter choice.
>Each starter is tied to an Ice, Electric and Fire trio member (rock = fire and steel = electric, roll with me here)

>Chespin: Articuno, Raikou, Regirock
>Fennekin: Zapdos, Entei, Regice
>Froakie: Moltres, Suicune, Registeel

>Birds are found roaming around the main routes
>Because there's already a roamer, the Beasts should be locked behind a puzzle; in the order of Ice>Electric>Fire>Ice, you need to lead your party with the element preceding your beast and have your last member be the element after your beast, then use a move that matches your beast
>And because their schtick was stolen, Regice will be at Frost Cavern, Rock at Glittering Cavern and Steel at Reflection Cavern, found at the area where you did plot relevant shit the first time around (or at the very bottom/deepest floor otherwise)
>>
>>28416330
>Mew
Ancestor of all Pokemon, can't learn Crabhammer

>Celebi
Onion guardian of forests, time b4 time was cool

>Deoxys
some fuckin alien

>Manaphy and Phione
ocean regulator i guess, the phione is it's retarded cousin
>Darkrai
Bad dreams and shit
>Shaymin
Air pollution and shit
>Arceus
Creator

>Victini
no reason to exist really
>Keldeo
no reason to exist
>Meloetta
music incarnate, exists for some reason
>Genesect
dennis the menace

>Diancie
no reason to exist besides being an extra fairy type pokemon

>Volcanion
what the fuck is this
>Magearna
human's first attempt to create a fuckable machine
>>
>>28416334
IMO every gen since gen III has been too much of a rehash. Gen II was actually quite different from gen I in many aspects and I feel like gen III and afterwards have just been gen I rehashes in different regions. Like, it's not just having 2 regions, it's having 16 gyms instead of just 8. it's having a final battle that is not in the league. It's having the legendary in the cover of the opposite version available. It's being a direct sequel to the previous game instead of a soft reboot. Not saying gen II was perfect by any means, but it's definitely unconventional when compared to any other generation.
>>

all is what's really needed is boxart trio, minor trio, and an event legendary or two. no need for so much extra bullshit.
>>
>>28416121
COPYPASTA INCOMING
>1. Infinite TMs
>2. Moving items in party
>3. Automatic Repel question box
>4. Black Tower/White Tree, the new battling facility, and Battle Subway, the improved old one
>5. Rewards for beating a battle faciltiy and completing the Pokedex (previously there were none)
>6. Pokemon World Tournament
>7. Pokéstar Studios
>8. Using HMs, besides Surf, is not obligatory, and their number was reduced from 8 to 6
>9. Badges are not necessary for using HMs
>10. Boulders don't reset after you use Strenght on them
>11. Constant Pokemon sprite animations
>12. Trainer sprite animations
>13. Better difficulty system (Only Pokemon games with selectable easy/normal/hard mode)
>14. Unlockable version exclusive locations (can swap between Black City/White Forest regardless of version)
>15. Join Avenue, its ability to give you most items and services in the game
>16. Everstone passes down the parent's nature to the offspring
>17. Seasons, their visual changes and route exploration changes
>18. Hidden Abilities
>19. Hidden Grottos
>20. Elite Four battle in any order
>21. Pokemarts removed and conveniently added to Pokemon Centers
>22. Conectivity to the internet and other players outside of Pokemon Centers
>23. Pokedex's Habitat List
>24. Almost every item is unlimited and not hard to farm
>25. Wild double battles
>26. Best level up system, making grinding less tedious but preventing being overleveled
>27. Triple and rotation battles
>28. Poison no longer does damage outside of battle
>29. Trading from PC instead of needing the Pokemon in your party
>30. Pokemon with different weights having different sound effects and particle effects when released in battle
>>
>>28416630
IMO while gen III did boxart trio well, it should be boxart duo. I feel like Giratina and Kyurem are kinda forced and I'm glad Zygarde has been re-purposed and seemingly is unconnected to
Xerneas and Yveltal now.
>>
>>28416586
>>Volcanion
>what the fuck is this
If you don't know, don't shitpost.
>>
>>28416617
>Gen II was actually quite different from gen I in many aspects
Not really. Especially since the postgame was just a neutered version of the first game.

I mean there's the whole lack of new pokemon representation, reusing team rocket, having the Pokemon league in Kanto, getting your dex from Oak. Most of the overworld assets were just lightly edited gen 1 sprites as well.
One of gen 2's biggest problems had to be rehashing. Which is why it doesn't really have an identity among the older normalfags, they just lump it in with gen one.
>>
>>28416727
>I feel like Giratina and Kyurem are kinda forced
Giratina was out there for sure but then again none of the gen 4 legends really had anything to connect them like the gen 3 legends did with their body patterns and such.
In other words the gods are just written as a trio as opposed to being one that makes some sense.

Kyurem we could see coming when there was a slight hint towards a yin and yang angle.
>>
>>28416709
God, gen 5 fags are the absolute worst. Majority of the things listed here didn't improve/effect the series at all.
>>
>>28416334
>>28416709
how the fuck are any of these actually new or good? apart from gimmicky battles, the rest is just are just regular step ups: more of the same and more practicality. gen 4 had physical special split, choice items + life orb, evolutions to old mons, first snowy routes, challenging and not straight forward one way game. you know, actually new stuff. seriously no hms is better? fuck off.
>>
>>28416749
i don't wholly disagree, but even a neutered version of the first game added aspects that should have been considered for addition to later games. Why have gone back to 8 badges only? They could have made it so that there were more than 8 gyms and you could access the league with 8 badges and the gyms you don't beat before getting the 8 badges become postgame, for example. Even if there were just one region,that could have been a twist to the formula. Then once you get all badges in the postgame you could have a Red-style battle that triggers the true ending. There is also little legitimate reason outside of marketing ploys to keep the opposite version legendary unavailable.
>>
>>28416749
couldn't disagree more. most older normalfags diss on johto and only love kanto like the genwunners they are. johtofags usually tend to love the series as a whole a lot more.
>>
>>28416833
>gen 4 had physical special split,
Only good addition
>choice items + life orb, evolutions to old mons
Using your logic they don't count because it's more of the same shit
>first snowy routes
Which is pretty much agreed to be the worst thing in the series seeing as it extends what would have been a 3 minute route to 30 minutes of trudging through snow to find a HM.
>challenging and not straight forward one way game.
Yeah, tell that to the majority of the fanbase that complained about the incessant, tedious and pointless backtracking.
FYI tedium =/= difficulty. If someone drops the game because they find it too long it's not because it's hard, it's because it's boring.
>>
>>28416942
>most older normalfags diss on johto
How can they diss on it when they don't know where Kanto ends and Johto begins? Personally I don't blame them, they had to go on the anime of all things and that sort of blended them into two.
>>
>>28413348
Gen 3 started it and gen 4 is when it became a problem.
>>
>>28416990
most older normalfags don't even care about johto, why would they care where it begins.

>>28416969
so... gen 5 still has no additions, and gen 4 has physical special split. got it.
oh and you don't like actual gameplay, just moving straight ahead and smashing that A button through piles of irrelevant text is the way to go. always nice to hear.
>>
>>28416942
I agree. Though gen I and gen II kind of are a "thing" together that the other gens are not, including the original anime series covering both regions, they form sort of an interconnectivity family in that they are compatible between each other but not with later gens and later gens are compatible in between themselves but not with gen I and II, gen i and gen II got tcg video games but no later gens did. And Sugimori's artstyle changed from gen III onwards. Still, most normies did play pokemon for like 6 months when gen i came out and didn't play Johto or anything else, and have been complaining about the series going to shit ever since they remembered it existed by reading some facebook post.
>>
>>28417041
>gen 5 still has no additions
By your logic Triples, Rotations and Pass Powers are additions and fairly big ones too.

>just moving straight ahead and smashing that A button through piles of irrelevant text is the way to go. always nice to hear.
As opposed to slowly rotating the d-pad in a near barren route for anywhere between 30 minutes to and hour?
No thanks, I'll take the part where I can battle more than I faff about in a poorly done blizzard.
>>
File: 663px-TCG_HTPDS_JP_boxart[1].png (857KB, 663x600px) Image search: [Google]
663px-TCG_HTPDS_JP_boxart[1].png
857KB, 663x600px
>>28417077
>gen i and gen II got tcg video games but no later gens did.
Technically Gen 5 got one.
>>
>>28417105
triples and rotations is literally the most worthless gimmick ever. oh wait, scratch that, those powers no one ever uses ever are more irrelevant.
physical special split actually changed the way the game is played, whether the player wants it or not. feraligatr and gyarados can actually use decent water moves to kill a graveler. weavile is more than usable. literally not a thing before.
gen 5 has nothing. at all. it's a waste of time.
getting caught in the snow is annoying? try more like getting shoved in with pretentious "le animals are our friends or not???" bullshit throughout the whole fucking game. no thank you.
>>
>>28414879
What else would they be? They certainly aren't Ultra Beasts,common pokémon or mythicals
>>
>>28414931
You should compare the amount of legendaries to that gen's regional dex, not the amount of new one's introduced that gen because that's what you'll actually experience in game.
>>
>>28417041
>Infinite TMs and the Repel question
>not great additions
>>
>>28417253
infinite repels are kinda worthless for gameplay. they're okay if you want to play with your friends.
as for repel button, it's more practical than clicking the first item in your bag, sure, but it's not the amazing addition everyone makes it out to be. opening your bag and selecting the first item literally just takes one more second, big deal.
gen 5 fags will consistently claim this is amazingballs because they have nothing else to talk about in their shitty gen.
>>
>>28417164
Oh, I didn't know about that one.
>>
>>28417192
>triples and rotations is literally the most worthless gimmick ever.
You mean game modes that change the way the game is played are worthless gimmicks?
Well I guess the split is a worthless gimmick too.

> those powers no one ever uses ever are more irrelevant.
You do realise people use them all the time when breeding and training pokemon up right?

>physical special split actually changed the way the game is played
Come to think of it, it didn't really. Instead of making the types physical or special the moves themselves were given the separation. Once you get around that the game played in mostly the same way as it did before.

>getting caught in the snow is annoying?
Very, very annoying. At least you can skip through that text in about 10 seconds. There's no way to skip that snow portion and it contains a mandatory HM of which the region used way too many to begin with.
>>
>>28417291
>infinite repels
i meant infinite tm's
>>
>>28417293
It's more of a "how to play" than it is an actual game with a campaign. Which is why I said technically.

It's up to you if you want to count it or not.
>>
>>28417291
Both are still additions that contribute positively quality of the series, no matter how small, are they not?
>>
>>28416709
>28. Poison no longer does damage outside of battle
There were some more points I disagreed with, but this truly marks you as an absolute scrub.
>>
>>28416832
He was asking what Gen 5 brought to the table, you illiterate piece of shit. We aren't talking about major key improvements or some shit.
>>
>>28417338
*contribute positively to the series
don't worry about your infinite repel fuck up, I can't type either
>>
>>28417334
Well, part of the fun of the tcg games for the gameboy was that they mirrored the main series games but it was with cards instead of actual pokemon. If it's just some how to play tutorial instead of an actual game with a story, I wouldn't count it.
>>
>>28413348
4. 5 had the worst legendaries though, albeit by a very slim margin.
>>
>>28417192
>Something that slows down the gameplay completely is annoying? What about text that I dislike???
>>
>>28417349
Sorry but what did that add to the game other than an occasional screen seizure when you forget to cure it?
Chances are you're rolling in restorative items to get rid of it the moment you come out of battle anyway unless you're a complete retard and sold all of them before hand.
>>
File: 1401412288147.gif (891KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
1401412288147.gif
891KB, 500x317px
>>28413348
I'd go with Gen 3 starting it since I like Gen 2's legendary set up of one trio, one duo, and one standalone mythical. Gen 3 could have removed the Regis and Jirachi to achieve this balance. Gen 4 is a bit more complicated since it had two plot relevant trios, but in this case, I'd keep the box legendaries since they were the end goal for Cyrus just like how Kyogre and Groudon were for Archie and Maxie respectively. For the duo, I'd keep Cresselia and Darkrai since they represent dreams and nightmares, a decent foil of each other. Lastly I'd keep Arceus for the mythical slot since he's relevant to the Time/Space/Distortion trio.
>>
>>28417302
>You mean game modes that change the way the game is played are worthless gimmicks?
are you fucking kidding me?? apart from one shitty gym, no one uses it ever. maybe some irrelevant boring trainers i skipped.
physical special split on the other hand is OBLIGATORY to play the game. you can't avoid that "gimmick". triple battles isn't even something you play with your friends ever.
how can you even compare both bro? seriously? gen 5 fags are so dumb.

no one farms for those irrelevant powers.

>Instead of making the types physical or special the moves themselves were given the separation. Once you get around that the game played in mostly the same way as it did before.
are you fucking retarded?

i wish those texts lasted 10 seconds. it's more like 20 fucking minutes with stupid breaks.
>>
>>28417253
Infinite TMs are great when it comes to making a competitive team, but for in-game I can see people preferring either way.
Infinitive TMs make it far easier to give every member good moves, and also lets you change up your team more as you go if you wish. Finite TMs on the other hand makes you think more about who will learn which move, and a adds a strategic element to TM usage instead of just everyone learning the best moves.

Repel prompt is objectively great.
>>
>>28413348

gen 4

gen 3 pushed things to their limit but still within a limit. had a trio had 3 "main" legendaries for each version of the games cover, had a mewtwo and a mew type legendary latios and latias are imo the extra ones here that make it feel crowded but its within reason.

Gen 4 just goes nuts with legendaries and god pokemon and...ugh gen 4 ruined pokemon there i said it.
>>
>>28417427
the difference is, that happens in one route only, while the text lasts the whole game.

>>28417338
sure, like more abilities and moves, or planting berries or headbutting trees. every game has those. gen 5 is nothing special in this regard.
>>
>>28413348
None. Legendaries were a mistake since the beginning.
>>
At least Gen 5 gave us the GOAT legendary encounter theme.

>dat tempo change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCkmgssjhvo
>>
>>28417428
What? You only tend to pick up two-three antidotes through each game, and it's not unlikely that you will get poisoned more often than that.
>>
>>28417519
The difference is that one can be ignored while the other can't.
>>
>>28417041

most older normalfags think half the johto pokemon are gen 1.

togepi lugia marill steelix donphan, they think those are from gen 1 and part of the original "150/151" and with good reason. ho-oh is in episode one of the cartoon, by the time the west got pokemon gen 2 was already trickling out and so most normalfags actually believe a large amount of gen 2 are originals (any pokemon they remember MUST be part of the first 150 cause thats the number they remember being told).
>>
>>28417597
why would you fight that many poison sting users without ohkoing them?
>>
>>28417628
>i can ignore the text
sure, i'm still forced to stay in place and press A for 5 minutes. at least that one are was different and had hidden trainers as a surprise.
>>
>>28417629
most older normalfags don't even know who or what donphan, steelix or marill are. togepi yes and maybeeee lugia, but that's it. most normalfags can't even remember most gen 1 mons (well they didn't use to, now with GO it's a different story)
>>
>>28417597
>You only tend to pick up two-three antidotes through each game
And several pecha berries
And Lum berries
And Full Heals
Maybe the mandatory region specific full heal item like a lava cookie, Castelia cone, Old Gateau, Lumiose Gallette and so on.
>>
>>28417653
>that one are
that one route
seriously wtf is going on with me i need sleep
>>
>>28417638
Smog, Poison Gas, Sludge and Poison Sting are all seen through several of the games quite a lot.
>>
>>28417715
Only if you play the shitty games. I've played through X without getting poisoned once.
>>
>>28417715
by the point you start to fight koffings, if you don't have a good response that can quickly ohko them, you're a scrub. it's just that easy to pick up a geodude or an abra and have them strong enough by then
>>
File: 199px-Sinnoh_Route_217_Pt[1].png (209KB, 199x599px) Image search: [Google]
199px-Sinnoh_Route_217_Pt[1].png
209KB, 199x599px
>>28417653
>at least that one are was different and had hidden trainers as a surprise
Anon there were about five trainers on that route in full sight and off to the sides at that. None were hidden.
Have you actually played a Sinnoh game in your life?

Oh and as a replacement for the A button you get a d-pad you have to hold down for about 5 times as long.
>>
>>28414274
oт poccии? или poдилcя в aмepикe?
>>
>>28417767
i haven't played platinum in like a year but i'm pretty sure a lot of those guys caught me unaware. maybe they were just off screen. still that's a thing. like, it's one fucking route, all games have shittier routes, that's fine.
>>
>>28417767
not him but since the route was under a huge blizzard you could easily run into a trainer on accident if you're not paying attention
>>
>>28417577
>didn't play B/W
>playing ORAS, go to pathless plain
>hear this play
Fuck, it's so good.
>>
>>28417360
Yeah, because there aren't any you fucking inbred.
>>
>>28417685
I will give you Pecha berries, but Lum berries tend to be random and Full Heals are late-game.

>>28417746
>I've played through X without getting poisoned once.
That's because X is ridiculously easy, that's to say even more easy than most other pokémon games.
>>28417764
Do you only use one or two pokémon throughout your game? Beating up grunts with your worst pokémon to help them catch up to the rest of the team can often result in 2HKO's or more.
>>
>>28417802
>'m pretty sure a lot of those guys caught me unaware.
You'd have to be a complete retard to be caught unaware. Especially at the speed the game has you walking at. I mean, it was below walking speed.

>like, it's one fucking route
And it still goes as the single most tedious aspect of any pokemon game to date. What exactly is your point?
>all games have shittier routes
I guarantee you won't find a single route as boring and monotonous as that one.

>>28417852
The blizzard doesn't hamper your visibility to the point where you wouldn't be able to see them.
>>
>>28417887
grunts most used mons are rattata and zubat. like it's that easy honestly. i also personally tend to use poison types but that's just me.
>>
>>28417903
>every water route in hoenn
shit's way more fucking boring that the first decent caught in snow route ever.
>>
Gen 4 seemed like the end for legendaries. I was like "How are they gonna add more after adding in a literal God Pokemon?" and then gen 5 came along and added a bunch more. Gen 4 was enough to fill the glass, but gen 5 pushed it over the top
>>
>>28417943
>shit's way more fucking boring that the first decent caught in snow route ever.
You wish, as repetitive as the tentacool, wingull and pelipper are there's a hell of a lot more diversity than in that one route there. Not to mention all of it can be traversed in the same space of time as that one route because of Gen 3's speeds.
>>
>>28418041
it's one fucking route ffs. if you're that hung over it you're a fucking scrub. all games have annoying things. gen 5 games just happen to be one big continuous annoying thing.
>>
>>28417917
Grimer and especially Koffing are quite common too.
Anyway, I still don't see why you think it was a positive change. Going by the "I never get poisoned anyway" attitude you have it should be a neutral change at best.
>>
>>28418092
because it makes the game too easy imo. poison taking away your damage as you walked but not killing you was already fine enough. it's the same bullshit gf has been forcing through gen 6 too
>>
I think gen 4+ just seem more bloated with legends than they are because they started doing 3-4 mythical Pokemon a gen so that they'd have something new to give out every year around movie time. I attribute that more to just learning from past mistakes than anything else (like when gen 3 had to do two films promoting future Pokemon in a row because they ran out of event Pokemon to reveal after two films).
>>
Gen 3, five-six legendaries per gen is good and enough
Lati@s and deoxys both were unnecessary and the whole trio mascot legendaries got the whole thing feel bloated

Gen 4 just made it way way worse
even though it had many GREAT off-trio/mascot legendaries such as Arceus, Heatran, Darkrai, Regigigas
>>
>>28418082
>it's one fucking route ffs.
Yeah and I don't think you understand how bad that route was. Unlike gen 5's consistency that one single route stops the game dead and slows progression down to an absolute crawl. Not to mention in Platinum they added Maylene's annoying and useless text segment to further elongate that crap.

Think of it like riding a bike and then coming to a sudden stop.
>>
>>28418212
It's more like riding a bike and suddenly coming to a steep incline.
Some like it and some don't.
>>
>>28417787
yest mnogo ruskii kotoriye rodilis v amerike?
izvini za ingli-ruskii, imena netu ruskii v klaviature
ya rodilsa v izraele a vopshe ruskii.
>>
>>28418212
i didn't think it was that bad 2bh, hardly ruined the rest of the game for me. passed it just once and quickly forgot it. meanwhile in gen 5 i had to be constantly annoyed with boring topics over npc's lives or the evil team that honestly took away my enjoyment of the game. plus most early route mons are shitty and ugly, you can't even get a single decent mon until you reach the desert, and even then you have to wait more to catch something interesting. gen 5 had like almost nothing good to it. in bw2 i didn't even use a single unova mon apart from that handed out volcarona because i really wanted to try and use volcarona mid-game.
>>
>>28418265
This guy gets it.
>>
>>28416121
>darmanitan fucking sucks in psychic mode
shame too
Gen V is the gen of poor form change gimmicks tbqh, darm-z would be great if you could just use darm-z without the shit gimmick. Same with meloetta-P. Imagine if the genies had to use a move to change form.
>>
>>28418265
people should like bike riding for the sake of the challenge too, and not just because it's easy fun
>>
>>28418212
> Not to mention in Platinum they added Maylene's annoying and useless text segment to further elongate that crap.
This coming from someone that defends gen V is hilarious.
>>
>>28418265
>It's more like riding a bike and suddenly coming to a steep incline.
That would imply there's some kind of difficulty there when that's far from the truth.
Well that's not exactly true. The difficulty is maintaining your interest in the game at that point.

>>28418310
There's this little thing in video games that we call pacing.
It's when you have a consistent progression so the game doesn't feel too fast, too slow and what not.

Gen 5 had good progression. Everything went at an acceptable pace it stopped you for story reasons as does every game sure, but it never strayed from that pace.
Gen 4 on the other hand was erratic by comparison. Sometimes it would be fast and sometimes it would be extremely slow causing a less than pleasurable experience because of the inconsistency.

>>28418374
You do realise that's the point right?
That anon was saying the text in gen 5 was bad however the so called "best game" (by sinnohfetuses) has just as much if not more text than the Gen 5 games. Worst yet the additional ones are pointless that don't play into either the plot or characters. They're just there for the sake of text.
>>
>>28418459
Oh, sorry. Didn't catch that this person presumably prefer gen I/II, since the whole discussion has basically been IV vs V.

That said, both gen V and VI has far more text than IV. I would also say that the dialogue ties just as much into the characters and plot in IV as in V and VI.
>>
>>28418591
>That said, both gen V and VI has far more text than IV
I suggest you play one of the gen 4 games again, Platinum in particular as with the extra character text and things like Looker the game gets extremely text heavy.

> would also say that the dialogue ties just as much into the characters and plot in IV as in V and VI.
No, the only ones that do that would be the Looker ones and even then it's not anything particularly important that wasn't already discovered by the player.
>>
>>28418459
i'm sorry but gen 5 has the most text ever. only delta episode is more annoying in that regard. gen 4 has a decent, normal amount of text. only annoying bit is the library part that is skipped anyway by the story.
gen 4 seriously kept me interested all the way though, platinum remains my favorite game to this day, it also allowed me to deepen my love for competitive.
gen 5 did nothing but make it so i wanted to drop pokemon.
like seriously, no one plays the game for the story, if you want a good story read a fucking book. i play it first for the pokemon i can find, second for the routes i'm in (i like snow and cav exploring so that helps), and third to see the bros i caught win through me thinking. the story, when not too in your face, is ok, but it's not the main thing.
bw pretty much ruined all of these for me except some routes. others just felt really stupid, like crossing a giant bridge i can't even see myself in and it's just a waste of 5 minutes. the story was stupid, i didn't care about any side in the situation, kinda felt like an sjw forced thing, like i'm supposed to feel bad for my mons or whatever, it was obvious who i was going to fight as the boss right from the beginning so it kinda spoiled everything and i just sat there through walls and walls of text on the ferry wheel and the evil team and whatnot and i simply couldn't care even once.
sinnoh's story was at least forgettable, and i had to climb a cool mountain to reach a legendary peak (even if it was kinda cheesy). bw's was just too in my face, like i'm supposed to care about these little irrelevant things, or this big evil team mission i already know from the start how it's going to end. completely ruined my experience: instead of just being forgettable, it was actually bad.
>>
>>28418682
how is looker annoying? the man hardly talks to you. only in the beginning i guess, but everyone always talks too much in the beginning.
>>
>>28418682
Not really. Take N as the prime example of a character that talk way more than Looker.

>No, the only ones that do that would be the Looker ones and even then it's not anything particularly important that wasn't already discovered by the player
No. If you're only talking about Platinum additions then look at Charon, just about everything he says is plot-relevant.
You also said dialogue that ties into character, Maylene appearing helps expand here character.
>>
>>28418308
Neskolko, no u menya drugi s russkimi roditelyami kotorie rodilis v amerike. No nikomu ne nravytsya pokemon, oni tolko igraet kompyuternie igry kak counterstrike i dota. Mnogo russkie v israele?
>>
>>28413348
This art is so fucking ugly
>>
The only Gen 3 Legendaries that shouldn't be are Lati@s.
The others all have better thought put into them
>The Regis all represent well known 'ages', Regice is Ice Age, Regirock is Stone Age and Registeel is Iron Age. Yes, Regice = Ice Age doesn't fit with the other two, but if we had Bronze Age as a Regi we'd have 2 steel type ones.
>Kyogre is the Hydrosphere, Groudon is the Lithosphere and Rayquaza is the Atmosphere
>Jirachi and Deoxys are both closely associated with space.
>>
Do kids think legendaries are cool because the design, or because they think they are strong?
>>
>>28419222
both. imo a good legendary design has to reflect its power, but also has to look cool and, well, legendary. like ho-oh, imo the best designed legendary there is.
>>
>>28418734
He's completely pointless in Platnium. He just runs up to you out of nowhere from time to time, runs his mouth about Team Plasma, then runs off. He was more of an annoying addition than anything else.
>>
>>28419167
both the Weather Trio and the regis are characters in Hebrew mythology; Leviathan, Ziz, and behemoth and the Golem(s).
>>
>>28419359
team galactic*
he's supposed to be aloof, he talks with his weird accent and all, i honestly thought it was kinda cute
>>
File: Kt1Wym4.jpg (101KB, 1265x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kt1Wym4.jpg
101KB, 1265x800px
Lati@s wasn't meant to be legendary in the first place.
>>
>>28413931
I think edgymon, crecelia and Heatran should had been the trio.
>>
>>28415285
I don't mind a third box legend if the third is hidden away at the end of a dungeon like Rayquaza and Giratina were back in RSE and DP.
>>
>>28417787
Из Poccии. Hикoгдa нe был зa eё пpeдeлaми
>>
File: 1414816849529.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1414816849529.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>28413661
>>28413764
>>28413929
>>
>>28414191
edgy is just a buzzword that fags like you use for things that you don't like
>>
File: 1472986931727.jpg (57KB, 463x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472986931727.jpg
57KB, 463x338px
>>28422241
Naskolko pokemon populyarnij sredi russkix?
>>
>>28423396
B нaчaлe нyлeвых (2001-2004) пoкeмoны в Poccии были OЧEHЬ пoпyляpны. Oнибyквaльнo были нa кaждoм шaгy - нa oблoжкaх тeтpaдeй, нa paнцaх, нa витpинaх мaгaзинoв... Пpoдaвaлиcь пиpaтcкиe кaceты c пoлнoмeтpaжкaми и эпизoдaми aнимe.

Ho пoтoм пoпyляpнocть yпaлa пpaктичecки дo нyля. Дo нeдaвнeгo зaпycкa Pokemon GO, кoтopый вoзoбнoвил пoпyляpнocть пoкeмoнoв в Poccии.

Игpы ocнoвнoй cepии нa pyccкий язык нe пepeвoдятcя и дocтaть их в Poccии дocтaтoчнo cлoжнo, кaк и GameBoy Advance / Nintendo DS / Nintendo 3DS. Пpo мaнгy и гoвopить нe пpихoдитcя.

Aнимe дoлгoe вpeмя (c кoнцa втopoгo ceзoнa дo нaчaлa 10 ceзoнa) нe пoкaзывaлocь пo тeлeвизopy. A нaчинaя c 10 ceзoнa пoкaз вoзoбнoвили нo в oчeнь нeyдaчнoe вpeмя (paнним yтpoм, кoгдa вce eщё cпят)

Кopoчe, o пoкeмoнaх в тeчeниe этoгo вpeмeни (c 2005 дo 2016) знaли и yвлeкaлиcь ими тoлькo oтнocитeльнo нeбoльшoe чиcлo caмых пpeдaнных фaнaтoв.
>>
>>28413957
is this a meme
>>
File: Deoxys triangle.png (102KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
Deoxys triangle.png
102KB, 500x306px
>>28414948

Nope, Deoxys is still officially Mythical according to the VGC banlist.

Once, always. That curse of a title can't be revoked.
>>
I would argue they should reclassified all non-one-of-a-kind legendaries as just very rare Pokémon. Pretty much any legendary you can use in the battle facilities
>>
File: qt.gif (361KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
361KB, 500x275px
>>28413723
>Jirachi on the other hand...
Are you saying that my wish bro was unnecessary?
>>
>Lake Trio is all the same type
>4 fucking psychic legendaries
I will never not be triggered
>>
File: legendary types.png (154KB, 722x758px) Image search: [Google]
legendary types.png
154KB, 722x758px
>>28424157

It can't be helped.
>>
>>28424330
You forgot Tapu Koko, anon
>>
>>28423915
>ho-oh
But it was indeed redundant as fuck.
>>
>>28413348
I really can't stand owning or training legendaries.
I actually released Articuno in HG once I caught it.

it's just not interesting to own a legendary pokemon and every other trainer literally doesn't.
>>
>>28423234
except darkrai is literally , you underage
>>
>>28413895
Spot the Brony
>>
>>28424477
Top Kek isn't a legendary though
>>
>>28418912
da, v izraele deta sem milion ludey, pochti odin milion eto ruska-govorashii norod.
>>
To me it's less about the quantity of legendaries than the quality of them. So between Gens 3 and 4, the latter obviously takes the cake for most shit legendaries.
>>
>>28413348
Gen 4 for sure
>>
I think that the golems are fucking stupid. they are all pretty bad except for Registeel anyways - and it's not exactly unique either - there is no short supply of bulky steel types that set up stealth rock and toxic things.

gen III broke the formula with Lati@s and deoxys, and gen IV made it much, much worse. They seem to be working on this issue, but I think Tapu Koko and the mystery beasts or whatever are going to be legendary too, so we might be back in a legendary clusterfuck.

The other thing is that over time the legendary pokemon seem less and less awe inspiring (with the exception of gen VI.) Oh well.
>>
File: 1262510523345.jpg (382KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
1262510523345.jpg
382KB, 600x720px
>>28413348
3 pushed it with the regi- line, but otherwise sensible. Absolutely none of the "legendaries" after 3 are needed. Each one is more shoe-horned in than the last and their whole stickt is more and more convoluted.

I legit don't even know what 75% of legendaries after 3 even do. I mean, shaymin is a shitter celebi and Cresselia is... a cave duck.

and I don't think Deoxys qualifies because while he's a legendary, technically, he's not a "god". He's an alien, or an experiment or something. Or did they change canon in ORAS?

I think it's pretty stupid too, because the legendaries were fucking exciting, you know? Now it's like, whatever.

I'm not usually "durr- older is better" but on this specific topic, I totally am.
>>
>>28413348
Gen 3, but compared with what came after it was mild.

Legendaries amount is probably the only thing gen 1 and 2 actually got better than the rest.
>>
>>28423604
cyka
>>
>>28413348
during gen 3, it was pushed with the regis. But gen 4 is where people agree that is "way too many legendaries".
>>
>>28413348
Gen 4, Gen 5 kept the trend of going overboard but it was Gen 4 that annoyed people. Anyone says different wasn't around for it

Heatran had no business being Legendary, nor Shaymin. They should have just been rare/unique single stage mon.
>>
>>28430703
Wow! You didn't said "suka blyad" :-)
Very original XD
>>
>>28430671
and 6
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.