[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 5

File: 951.png (629KB, 680x561px) Image search: [Google]
951.png
629KB, 680x561px
The only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that this might allude to Alolan Pokemon being limited to Gen 1 pokemon.

Gen 1 only means no Alolan Gen 2+ pokemon such as Volcarona, Lunatone, Solrock, etc.

No Alolan Gen 2+ pokemon means missed opportunities...like a Moon based Volcarona, for example.

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
I wouldn't mind if Alolan forms are gen 1 only
>>
>>28386831
Its lame, thats what it is
>>
I'm more interested what they do with the individual Alola Forms and their execution, rather than which ones get them.
>>
>>28386831
It already seemed like it would only be Gen 1 though. Samson Oak doesn't really change anything.
>>
>>28386831
Why would volcarona need an alola form? It's perfect as is
>>
It's a real shame. Gen 1 mons already got special treatment last gen with tons of megas. At least give gen 2 a chance.
>>
This is an island, I really wanted a Corsolla form that's far stronger but we got Pikyukyu, the sea urchin.
>>
>>28386831
I hope there is at least Alolan Solrock and Lunatone. I would be fine if the rest are from Kanto, but I really want Alolan Solrock and Lunatone.

Mostly I want Artleaka's version to be real, please let it be real
>>
>>28386831
>tfw Gen 2 is cucked again
>>
>>28386831
Its stupid as fuck because its supposed to be 20th annivesary games and so far they've been only pandering to two generations: 1 and 6

Gen 1:
Alola forms
Oaks cousin
Protagonist most likely moved from Kanto

Gen 6
Zygarde and his forms
Sina and Dexio
Many gen 6 features are back: customization, amie, riding Pokemon
>>
>>28386854
Same. While it would be nice to see more Alolan forms, I don't mind if Gen I were the only Pokemon that did.

Unlike others, I don't have a nonsensical raging hate boner for Gen I Pokemon.
>>
>>28386930
The only gen that is being pandered to is gen 1 (for the hundredth time). It makes perfect sense for the next games to reference the previous ones, specially since Kalos left a whole bunch of loose ends.
>>
>>28386939
>Unlike others, I don't have a nonsensical raging hate boner for Gen I Pokemon.

That's not really what it's about. Well, for me at least, I know there are tons of autists on /vp/ who rage at the thought of Gen 1 for no reason.

The reason I dislike it being limited to Gen 1 is because it's a fun idea, and I'd like to see it expanded on quite a bit, with a whole load of different pokemon from other gens. It would just seem sadly, too limited.
>>
>>28386831
>it's a genwun pandering episode
>>
>>28386930
>so far
this
>>
There can be plenty of future gens with future regional variants. I can wait.
>>
>>28386939
>>28386854
It has nothing to do with hating a gen or whatever the fuck, it's just completely illogical for them to ONLY focus on one gen.

And, apparently, they aren't even doing every Kanto Pokemon. So what the fuck?
>>
>>28386831
A lunar moth Volcarona counterpart is something I've always wanted, I hope they make it this gen because of the sun/moon theme, an Alolan Volcarona form Would work too, but its obvious at this point that they're gonna be just gen 1 only. Maybe in the mandatory second set of games We will get variants of pokemon from gen 2+
>>
>>28386831
If regional variants end up becoming well received, we'll see more of them in the future, and they could even be introduced mid-gen like with ORAS megas.
>>
>>28386831
B-but prof. Oak's name is Sam.
>>
>>28387165
Explain how it's illogical.
>>
>>28386831
>Material constantly goes on and on about how Alola is next to Kanto and people travel between them
>WAAAAGH! WHY KANTO POKEMON ONLY TRAVEL THERWE DEWPFJRK
Your fucking region of preference is not close enough for it's pokemon to end up in isolated in Alola and get new forms. Deal with it, faggots.
>>
hopefully they bring in black face professor birch so that we get alolan gen 2 mons
>>
I heard someone suggest that we'll get other professors that will help explain other Alolan forms, and they were only showing Kanto ones to help explain uncle samsonite over here. This would also tie in to the riddler's "how many professors are there?" question.
>>
>>28386930
Gen 1 is the one that is 20 years old and should be celebrated the others aren't.
>>
>>28387699
Its the 20 years of Pokemon, not just two games, so every gen should be celebrated

Either way gen 6 is 3 years old and is celebrated aswell so only 2, 3, 4 and 5 are BTFO
>>
>>28387125
But we thought the same thing about megas last generation. What if we don't get future regional variants? What if it it's just a one off like megas?
>>
>>28386831
>The only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that this might allude to Alolan Pokemon being limited to Gen 1 pokemon.

Gen 1 is the generation that'll always be rehashed endlessly, and nostalgiafags will eat it up and say that this is the correct path.

Its like this is Fate, and gen 1 is Saber. It'll be given super duper special credit above everything else, endlessly rehashed, and given everything every generation, to the point of being bullshit. Especially because its shown that it works.
>>
>>28387050
I'm hoping if they are well received (as they are being) other new regions will also have variations of existing pokémon, or they'll come up with another excuse for variations in Gen 8 or 9, and that's when the idea will be expanded to Gen 2+ pokémon.

It would make sense, as there's no reason only Alola's enviroment would force the pokémon to adapt.
>>
>>28387512
>Johto literally right next to Kanto
pls be bait
>>
>>28386831
Alolan gen 2 starters are in, otherwise only gen 1. Kinda too bad they didn't do more, but on the other hand I suppose it makes sense to focus on gen 1 Pokémon.
>>
>>28386898
I'm gonna be really fucking salty if there's no Corosla evolution or new form or something. Corsola is my second favorite Pokemon ever.
>>
>>28387512
>Material constantly goes on and on about how Alola is next to Kanto and people travel between them
What?
>>
>>28386831
>this is the fact that this might allude to Alolan Pokemon being limited to Gen 1 pokemon.
I'm pretty sure that's the case, reminder Pokemon RBY are up on the eshop, and they can bring their Pokemon to SM by Pokeback.

They most likely have these alt forms to justify getting those games and bringing over the original forms from RBY.
>>
>>28387165
then just do it for gen 1 pokemon that don't have megas or are cancerous shitmons.
This would exclude things like Gengar (the former) and Chansey (the latter)
>>
>>28386831
There's so few alolan pokemon compared to mega evolution pokemon introduced in XY still, there has to be some from other gens
>>
>>28388649
Chansey is not a shitmon, it's widely used in many metagames.
>>
>>28386898
>Corsolla
>Pikyukyu

What the fuck
>>
>>28386939

>Unlike others, I don't have a nonsensical raging hate boner for Gen I Pokemon.

I don't hate gen 1 pokemon. I just don't like the pandering.
>>
Next gen we'll have alternate gen 2 Pokémon. And after that, alternate gen 3 and so on.

Why do the entire series in one go?
>>
>>28388690
yes, but it is unforgivably cancerous
>>
>>28388649
>Gengar
>Don't have megas
>>
>>28387512
Jhoto is connected to kanto.
So you could have Jhoto pokemon to.
In fact some of the second gen pokemon only appeared in kanto in those games.
>>
>>28389124
>Basic reading comprehension
>>
>>28388649
Seems like Pokémon with cross-gen evolutions won't get an alolan form either.
>>
>>28387456
Not him but a lot of different Pokemon should adapt for the region, unless they mostly just have Kanto and Alola Pokemon.
>>
>>28389195
Seems fair. Alolan Eevee doesn'teven make sense, Scyther got the long end of the stick several years ago, etc, etc.
>>
>>28389040
Oh, so they should pander specifically to you and give forms to the Pokemon nobody but you care about?
>>
>>28386930
It's the 20th anniversary of Red and Green, dumbass.
>>
Makes sense to be. Outside of the tiny handful of gen 1 Pokemon with amazing stat distrobutions, the rest have been power creeped into obscurity.

Granted, gen 2 Pokemon who aren't the unholy trinity of Scizor, Skarmory and Tyranitar suck even more.
>>
>>28386831
They might give us Alola forms of Johto mons after Gold/Silver/Crystal is released on the virtual console. Or maybe they'll tie those to remakes of Diamond and Pearl and create Sinnoh forms.
>>
>>28389406
That looks brutal
>>
>>28386831
It's fine with me. Actually prefer it this way. Gen 1 designs are boring as fuck, the face lift was needed.
>>
>>28389279
No I am just saying a few from each generation would be nice way to share the love.
I know that my fave would probably not get one, but I'm fine with that.

Can you give an honest reason why only gen 1 deserves it.
Keep in mind if you use the kanto being closest excuse, johto is connected right to it.
>>
>>28389339
I think it's a case of most early game mon get that treatment.Not including X and Y

Lots could be fixed with a revamp of the moves, you can be a shit pokemon, but if you have a good movepool you become more usefull. Then you get shit like Garbodor, who doesn't even learn poison jab.
>>
>>28387165
Why would every single Kanto Pokémon migrate to Alola?
>>
I wonder if people realize that the more Alolan forms there are, the less new Pokémon we are likely to get in the Alolandex.
>>
>>28386831
Alola Professor Oak
Dark / Normal type
>>
>>28389711
Yeah sure, like how megas meant we got few new Pokémon last gen, right? Dumbass.
>>
>>28387982
Cross gen evos were not in gen 3(it only got 2 baby forms) then came back in gen 4 and arguably 6 if we count megas.

People act like no new megas is gamefreak abandoning the idea, clearly they're not considering all the marketing for them, were probably just not getting new ones.
>>
File: XD.png (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
XD.png
2KB, 90x90px
>>28389751
lol what a clever and original joke!
>>
File: sylvie.jpg (9KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
sylvie.jpg
9KB, 254x198px
>>28389775
>6 if you count megas
I think you're forgetting someone
>>
>>28387165
20 years of Pokemon. Probably 20 kanto mons are getting Alolan forms.
>>
>>28389819
I don't know how I forgot about sylveon when it was one of my favorite gen 6 Pokemon until mega draco pixie cloud was brought in
>>
>>28389711
It almost definitely takes less work to create an Alola form compared to a completely new pokemon. They do have to create a new design, which will take time, but it's based on an already completed mon, with all the rigging and most of the animations copied over from X&Y. Some pokemon, like Alola Raichu are practically new pokemon with the way that they animate, but things like Sandshrew and Vulpix aren't as drastic a change and won't take as much effort as a new pokemon.
>>
>no Alolan Lunatone or Solrock
Why

>>28386930
>Many gen 6 features are back: customization, amie, riding Pokemon
That's not a bad thing, customization was great.
>>
>>28389756
But we did? 70 new Pokémon? Did you even play X/Y?
>>
>>28386831
>Alolan Volcarona
Please stop this meme, there are volcanoes in Alola for Larvesta to live in and there are no reasons for Lunatone and Solrock to adapt either, at best you can hope for special buffs and movepool improvements. Not every Pokemon in Alola has to adapt just like not every Pokemon urges to have a mega evolution.

Considering there is an "Alolan Oak", you might either expect a 20 years anniversary tribute or "Alolan Elm" or whatever scientist studying newly discovered baby Pokemon too etc.
>>
Alolan forms being limited to Gen I is an issue for various reasons:

>Logically, there's no reason that only Kanto Pokemon would develop variants in Alola.

>There's no reason to think Alola forms will ever return, unless the series makes the unlikely move of returning to Alola. This leaves Pokemon from 5/6 of the existing gens neglected.

>Mega evolution already disproportionately favored Gen I, while some other gens barely received any megas.

Whenever any cross-gen update comes around, Gen I Pokemon always receive the bulk of the attention. It would be nice if the other 79% of all Pokemon got some as well.
>>
>>28390626
*in my biased opinion
sorry
>>
>>28386892

The corona is the center of the sun, so Volcorona is a fire/bug type. They could play off the oppositional theme and do a moon bug for the Volcorona of Alola.
>>
>>28390626
>>Mega evolution already disproportionately favored Gen I,
No, hoenn did
Kanto megas = 15
Hoenn megas = 20
>>
>>28390626
>There's no reason to think Alola forms will ever return, unless the series makes the unlikely move of returning to Alola.
While this is true if we're talking strictly about Alola, there's no reason future regions couldn't get their own regional variants of old Pokémon. Gen 8's region might be full of adapted gen 2 Pokémon for all we know.
>>
>>28390626
Alola forms likely won't come back, but there will be other region forms introduced in future gens and remakes for other gens of pokemon.

Gen 3 currently has the most mega evolutions.

Pokemon from gen 1 often have unoptimal and wonky stat spreads because they were created in a game with only one special stat (retconned in gen 2, albeit seemingly haphazardly), and without the physical/special split in mind. They should get more attention to be recreated within a modern pokemon framework, although I agree that there should be some from other gens.

But the focus on gen 1 is fair to me. It is the most recognizable gen to the most people, and when presenting a completely new idea to the games it's less risky to use the most memorable pokemon to do so.
>>
>>28391038
You're genuinely a retard if you think that they'll actually remove pokemon from the pokedex.
They kept Kyurem transformations, they'll keep Alola forms.
>>
>>28387165
Why would there be variants for every Pokemon? It should be only some of them. But I agree it should be relatively even between gens which it very much isn't so far.
>>
>>28391083
I meant we won't find them in the wild in future games that aren't based in alola. I worded that wrong, we'll still have them obviously but you'll likely need pokebank or GTS to get them 9/10 times in latter games
>>
>>28391157
They could also make an item that makes the offspring Alolan, similar to Sea Incense
>>
>>28386908

What about that possible Alola Steelix.
>>
>>28391157
I think some Alolan forms will remain exclusively Alolan, and some will also be in other regions. Just like regular Pokemon that are initially exclusive to one region.
>>
>>28391083
Only Pokemon that is removed is spikey eared
Pichu.
>>
>>28387173
>No Ice/Bug Lunar Moth Volcarona
>>
>>28391373
And soon she'll be joined by Cosplay Pikachu
>>
>>28386831
I dont mind. Give it time there will be more.
And if you really think about it; in general, Pokemon's customers recognize and receive info about gen 1 the most, it is the gen most overall liked by the general population. And for a business that's definitely something to consider.
>>
>>28391408
Will anyone miss them?
>>
To the people worrying about having/not having Alolan forms in future games:

Breeding. What if the "region" trait is passed down by the mother? Then, assuming we don't get something absolutely retarded like Alolan Nidoqueen, you just need a Ditto, and one of whatever Alolan pokemon you happen to want/need.

I mean, it's likely this is how it'll work in Sun/Moon anyway, but we'll have to wait till the games come out to see if it's true.
>>
>>28391408
Depends on if it can be one way transfered into gen 7. Even then the costumes won't be coming back.
>>
>>28391604
It can't be put in Bank at all, and that's how transferring to gen 7 will work, so.
>>
Actually there is one logical reason. Kanto and Alola are close to one another, thus resulting in more kanto natives being in alola (or alolan natives in Kanto, such as exeggcute) and despite the geographical distance being small, the climate in alola is varied vastly from Kanto, resulting in a need for these pokemon to change drastically, whereas other regions had more varied climates than Kanto, appearing later when GF started including more geographical diversity in regions.
>>
File: Nurse_Joy_EP092.png (424KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse_Joy_EP092.png
424KB, 500x685px
I hope we get an Alolan Chansey to go with Alolan Joy. at least for the anime's sake, because we got stuck with Wigglytuff of all mons
>>
>>28390804
The first two points I felt were pretty unopinionated, even if the third was factually wrong, as >>28390940 and >>28391038 pointed out. Hoenn did receive the most megas, due to ORAS. It's silly though that Gens II, IV, V, and VI should have fewer megas between them than Gen I alone had.

>>28391010
This would be fine.

>>28391038
I agree that Gen I merits a special place in the franchise, but its Pokemon still make up less than 25% of the whole. Between baby Pokemon, the Gen IV evolutions, megas, and Alola forms (all of which had to some degree a Kanto skew, some for better reasons than others), haven't we revisited the 151 enough times already?

>>28391790
Johto is contiguous with Kanto. There are Gen II Pokemon that you can't even find in Johto, only in Kanto like Houndour, and plenty of Gen II Pokemon that are evolutions of Kanto natives. Yet Alolan Slowking or Houndoom are unlikely.
>>
>>28391883
>its water type
>its a shark for no other reason then a lame pun
>>
>>28391559
My hypothesis is that it will be possible to hatch Alolan pokemon using a specific incense.
>>
>>28390626
Favored gen I and III

Gen V and VI got shafted.
>Audino
>Diancie
>>
>>28386831

>moon based Volcarona

I've never wanted anything more, jeez fuck you for making me realize I'll never have this
>>
>>28386930
Rotom Pokedex?
>>
>>28386831
fuckin racis
>>
>>28391628
Fugg.

Black and white kyurem can't be sent to the bank either. Nor can Pokemon with Mega stones or any items.
>>
>>28386831
It's a fucking joke you autists.

He's an Alolan Form Professor Oak... WHO STUDIES ALOLAN FORMS. That shit is hilarious.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.