[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think any pokemon revealed so far has any chance of being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_obzj9gkApF1sil9t0o1_500.png (351KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obzj9gkApF1sil9t0o1_500.png
351KB, 500x500px
Speculate on which pokemon revealed so far might be OU material. I wanna say Mudsale, Bruxish, Mimikyu and Pyukumuku's abilities look pretty strong. If the last three get decent evolutions they could definately be annoying. Wishiwashi on the other hand looks strong but with its ability it'll be relegated on lower tiers alongside Archeops
>>
>>28385207
>Pyukumuku
>Aftermath Corsola
>OU
>>
>>28385207
Pls, stop
You will trigger alot of anon here
>>
>>28385207
Turtonator is going to be the shitty Gen 7 Torkoal. Mediocre HP, sky-high defenses. It remains to be seen what it's niche will be, and whether it's signature move will even be good. We don't know if it has priority, and it acts like a preemptive Aftermath. I think it did decent damage to that Granbull but it's hard to say since the trailers always cut off halfway through the HP bar draining. If it learns Dragon Tail and Stealth Rock it could warrant some potential. His typing is whatever.

Fuck, I just hope he's somewhat good.
>>
Mimikyu could wind up being a huge pain in the ass with a Focus Sash, though multi-hit moves should make it easier to deal with.

Depending on Pyukumuku's stats it could wind up being an excellent way to immediately grind any sweep to a halt.
>>
I know some formats don't allow you of having two of the same pokemon at the same time, but can you imagine a double battle where two Oriocorios both set up a Quiver Dance and then COPY EACH OTHER'S Quiver Dance. The absolute madness
>>
>>28385396
What why would you give it a sash.?? The best strategy would be to either make it die with as many HP as possible, to deal heavy damage, or to make your opponent stall and chip away your health to avoid said damage, so that you can set up stuff, like hazards etc
>>
>>28385654

Wrong Pokemon
>>
>>28385682
Shit my bad, I misread Mimikyu as Pyukumuku, too many ms and us and ks
>>
>>28385341

Fire/Dragon is great typing though, moreso offensively but defensively it's not bad at all. It has some pretty common weaknesses sure, but they're easily covered. I'm not expecting him to be OU but I doubt he'll end up a Torkoal level shitmon.

>Tfw Turtonator get's Shell Smash and is a top-tier offensive threat
>>
Holy fug
No one's complaining yet!
>>
Salandit's ability is super good so depending on if it has an evolution and/or has a good stat distribution I'm sure it will see OU play
>>
Oricorio could be really great in Doubles. If itturns out to be physically offensive, it gets Sword and Dragon Dance. if it turns out to be special, it gets Quiver Dance.

It'll probably be great in VGC or Doubles OU, but complete ass in singles

Bruxish has potential to be very good. If nothing else it checks Talonflame beautifully.
>>
File: 1468626184411.jpg (9KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1468626184411.jpg
9KB, 231x218px
>>28385804
>Tortunator used Shell Smash
>Tortunator used Explosion
>>
File: 1468937482362.jpg (26KB, 422x408px) Image search: [Google]
1468937482362.jpg
26KB, 422x408px
>>28385984
>It gets a HA that lets it live an explosive/self-destruct
>>
Magearna
Best defensive type out there
>>
File: 1442943756875.jpg (13KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1442943756875.jpg
13KB, 526x526px
>>28386003
>Focus Sash
>>
File: 9676987756735468.jpg (23KB, 640x549px) Image search: [Google]
9676987756735468.jpg
23KB, 640x549px
>>28386113
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28385984

>Tortunator gets fire type explosion variant as signature move so it can get stab
>>
>>28385207
>/vp/ discussing competitive

NONONONONON
>>
>>28385207
>OU
Tapu Koko
Mudsdale (if it gets recovery)
Jangmo-o (if it gets Steel type)
>UU
Vikavolt
Type: Null
Alolan Exeggutor
Bewear
>RU
Turtonator
Wishiwashi
Cutiefly evo
Salandit evo (?)
Mimikyu evo (?)
Drampa
Alola Ninetales
Alola Persian
Alola Marowak
>NU
Alola Sandslash
Alola Raichu
Gumshoos
Bruxish
>PU
Togedemaru
Lurantis
Alola Raticate

These are just my gut feelings. It's way too early to tell, and these are not even all the mons revealed so far.
>>
>>28386417
I could see Wishiwashi as BL2 even if it gets good synergy with a Wish user.
>>
I think the most (high tier) competitively viable Pokemon we've seen so far is Topu Koko. Electric Terrain is poor as move, but having it as a passive bonus that requires no input on your part is a tremendous boon. It has secondary STAB that can hit any Ground Types or Electric Immunities/Resistances that want to switch in on them.

But by far its biggest advantage is access to a move that most people aren't even aware of. Nature's Madness. According to everywhere its listed, it is a halved hp move in the vain of Super Fang. Now, if this thing is as fast as most Electric types tend to be, I think you can see where this is going. Even Walls and things that resist both its STAB won't be completely safe to switch in without the chance of being crippled in such a way. There really hasn't been a fast Offensive Poke with access to Super Fang (outside of Noivern), so this kind of train of thought is fairly new to wrap your head around. So long as it has the Speed and Sp Att to back it up, this thing could possibly end up triggering Smogon players enough to want an Ubers ban.

>>28385899
When you really think about it, being able to Poison/Toxic Steel/Poison types doesn't really do much in the grand scheme of things, for OU at least. Most if not all Stall teams carry Status Clerics on them, and wouldn't it just be better to say Flamethrower/Fire Blast the Skarmory/Ferrothorn/Excadrill/Jirachi that's dumb enough to stay in/switch in on your face? It does do some good on non-stall teams, but there really isn't that many Steel types (and barely any Poison types) in OU. The only big thing I could see is being able to Toxic Heatrans.

Now... if this Salandit could get access to Toxic Spikes, and its Spikes continued to work under its Ability even after switching out, AND if they didn't go away when a Poison type hits them... then THAT would be revolutionary.
>>
>mudsdale OU

Yeah I dunno about that, it gets shit on by Scald, which is common as fuck. Good luck trying to make use of its ability.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 241x250px
>>28386487
>yfw Wishiwashi can't go back to its school forme even after healing
It looks like NU trash tbqh famalam
>>
>>28385238
>Pyukumuku
>Aftermath
Its ability is outright stated to lower the same amount of HP from the final blow it received.
If it's got good HP and you can force some bulked up sweeper to OHKO it, it might actually have a niche as a sweep stopper.

>>28386417
...where's Pyukumuku?
>>
>>28386813
There's a lot of Pokemon that get shit on by Scald.

If a Pokemon comes out that knows Scald, you switch out. Holy fuck I hate this board.
>>
You can make any pokemon wok in ou if you want, Ledian can be uber.
>>
>>28386813
Landorus gets shit on by Scald. What's your point?
>>
I wish Cutiefly actually was usable. Its so cute it deserves to wreck everything.
>>
>>28386936
>...where's Pyukumuku?
Like I said, I don't exactly have a clear gut feeling on all of them. I guess for some of the others, I'd say...

Magearna in UU.

Pyukumuku in NU (but sees usage and viability in the higher tiers).

Pallosand in NU.

I have no idea on any of the others yet.
>>
>>28388127
You don't have a "gut" feeling about Pyukumuku?
>>
>>28386559
Judging by it's design, Salandit will probably be able to learn taunt, so clerics wouldn't be a problem.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.