[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally the worst evil team ever created in pokemon >Totally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 195px-XY_Team_Flare_Grunts[1].png (59KB, 195x328px) Image search: [Google]
195px-XY_Team_Flare_Grunts[1].png
59KB, 195x328px
Literally the worst evil team ever created in pokemon

>Totally forgettable members
seriously, the only members name that i can remember is Lysandre and Malva, and even Malva I had to look up her name to remember
>designs are fucking awful
>gross bright orange color with stupid hair
>lack of creativity in their costumes
>motives were fucking stupid and up there with the autism of Archie and Maxie
>Just look at them
>>
>>28383311
its almost like you described every post gen 3 evil team
>>
Galactic and Plasma 1 (the team itself is great, but the uniforms are terrible) exists though.
>>
>>28383354
I liked galactic, and i don't totally remember plasma's motives, it's been years since i've touched black or black 2, but i can bet they weren't as bad as Flare's
>>
I'd say you can't remember the scientists names because they all had very abstract and not very natural sounding names more than because they were exceptionally more forgetable than most other random admins. It's easier to remember "Mars, Saturn, Jupiter" than "Bryony, Aliana, Celosia". they do have a naming scheme but it's not as simple a mnemonic device as begin straight named after planets. I
d' say their designs stand out more than other named members of teams versus, for example, the Rockets in HGSS or the Team Galactic Admins.

You pretty much listed "I hate their design" like 5 times, 4 times after specifically saying that. I don't feel like their outfit is an less "creative" than any of the others.
>>
>>28383311
I rarely remember the names of characters in ANY Pokemon game let alone a few members from Team Flare. I couldn't name half the towns/cities either.
>>
>>28383394
Team Plasma used pokemon liberation to trick people intoo releasing their Pokemon so Ghetsis would be the only one with Pokemon. It was stupid.
>>
File: im you but stronger.png (243KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
im you but stronger.png
243KB, 800x400px
>>28383311
literally a lamer version of team galactic, who were already kind of lame

I still like Lysandre though
>>
>>28383311
>I have shitty memory so this thing is bad
k
>>
I played X when it came out and Y recently and I didn't even know Malva was in team flare until I saw her bulbawiki like a few days ago...
>>
>>28383311
>>Totally forgettable members

For me it's GSC team rocket, I literally remember nothing about it aside slowpoke and radio tower episode. I don't remember who the final boss is even, if there was one. I seriously don't remember it having any elite members.
>>
>>28383467
The dude who was leading them didnt even have a name iirc just rocket leader
>>
>>28383466
The whole end game scenario is initiated by her specifically because she was a part of team flare... You did do the Looker side quest, right?
>>
>>28383444
The team was forgettable and bland.
>>
>>28383354
Cyrus
Charon
Jupiter
Mars
Saturn

N
Ghetsis
Zinzolin
Shadow Triad
>>
>>28383489
Well, he had a name in HGSS but I bet nobody remembers or cares that he was named Archer there.
>>
i'm playing through X and Y right now and they're pretty dumb, yeah.

i like the look of the evil teams in sunmoon (aether and skull) because it makes more sense.
>>
>>28383467
The elite members were just unnamed executives.

Much like Flare, actually, who also has unnamed admins.
>>
>>28383394
>I liked galactic
You mean the team of dumbass aqua hair nerds with absolutely vague motivation for the grunts themselves who actively had no clue what was going on? I honestly don't know how you can simultaneous bitch about Team Flare having stupid orange hair and then say you like Team Galactic who every single issue you listed up there. Every. single. one. save for maybe forgettable admins and that's mostly be virtue of being easier to remember than being better.
>>
I am so glad that Skull already has more personality than the majority of Flare had.
>>
>>28383633
More like every single team ever except for maybe Plasma.
>>
>>28383652
Even ORAS Magma and Aqua?
>>
>>28383597
But everyone was aware of how goofy they were, which made the twist all the crazier.
>>
>>28383679
Yes. Well, ORAS Magma/Aqua still had totally generic grunts but their admins had a lot more personality than the others so i guess they would be third if Skull is as good as they look
>>
>>28383423
Was that it? I thought they used the "stop keeping Pokemon captive" to get members and make other trainers unable to fight back once they were in power
>>
>>28383679
>ORAS Magma
>Good personality
I barely remember Tabitha, Courtney is only memorable because of how autistic she was, and Maxie is only memorable because he's used in reaction images.
>>
They probably fired the guys who did the writing for the teams in XY and ORAS because Skull fucking looks like a fucking godsend
>>
>>28383311
You meant Team Rocket right?
>>
>>28383688
Oh just fuck off.
>It's OKAY that they were stupid because REASONS
The reason Team Flare were gaudy trying-too-hard-to-be-cool guys is because the grunts joined the team under the pretense that it would make them more fashionable since it costs a lot of money and if it costs a lot of money it most be good, but it actually of course as you can see just makes you look like a dork. This is a pretty common trope, and It contributes to Kalos's themes of high society and culture. See? There's a reason there too, and a lot more tangible of a reason of "well, maybe they were supposed to look goofy because people would take them less seriously!"
>>
>>28383717
That's a nice way to spin it to make it sound more impressive than it actually was, but straight from the game
>"That was just a convenient lie that I needed to create Team Plasma. Use your head. What's to be gained from letting go of useful things like Pokémon? Certainly, manipulating Pokémon helps people expand their possibilities. That much, I can agree with. So it naturally follows that only I should be able to use Pokémon!"
>>
>>28383311
Staying alive, staying alive.
>>
File: Stromkirk.jpg (82KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
Stromkirk.jpg
82KB, 600x438px
>>28383917
you can tell by the way i walk im a woman's man, no time to talk
>>
>>28383756
>It's NOT OKAY that they were stupid because REASONS
Lol
>>
>>28383495
I'm dumb but what happens in the side quest? (played x when it was released so not sure if I did but I haven't done it in Y I think.)
>>
>>28383998
Malva wants you to take out Xerosic because what Xerosic is doing isn't related to Team Flare's larger goal which had been shut down, and she truly believed in what Lysandre believed in. She didn't feel like he should continue using Team Flare's resources for his own goals, so she gets you to go after and stop him.
>>
>>28383495
wait I have done it in X (googled it) but I had completely forgotten about it :/ didn't even remember it was Malva who done it.. wow well atleast I can do it again in Y
>>
>>28384026
thanks anon!
>>
>>28383311
>>motives were fucking stupid and up there with the autism of Archie and Maxie
I like comparing their motives to John Galt from Atlas Shrugged.The members are all totally Ayn Rand fans.
>>
>>28383311
The female admins are pretty thicc, I like the skin thight leggings.

Also claimed Bryony
>>
>>28384105
They're all pretty hot. Jsut nobody can remember them because their names are so hard to remember and only one of them, for some reason just one specifically, had a distinct sort of speech gimmick to distinguish them which contributes to making them hard to remember.
>>
>>28384128
no

the scientists and the afmins are different.

The scientists are the ones with colored hair

the admins are pretty generic but still underrated
>>
>>28384128
>>28384105
Also the generic Team Flare Admin was a fucking babe
>>
>>28384158
My bad, most people just refer to the scientists as Admins as the role they played gameplay wise was basically that, I was assuming that was another instance of mistake since the post mentions Bryony
>>
>Totally forgettable members
Better than Plasma. N and Ghetsis are literally the only unique Plasmas you fight. What the fuck is this shit, gen 1?
>>
Honestly most of the NPCs in XY in general were completely impossible to remember. I couldn't tell you the names of your little friends if you put a gun to my head right now. I saw a picture of... Olympia? The psychic type gym leader the other day and genuinely had no idea who the fuck she was at first. Gen 6 was a mistake.
>>
>>28384202
You probably dont even own a 3ds
>>
>>28384220
fucking owned
now it's like he never even played the game even though he probably did
>>
File: 2013-11-25[1].jpg (431KB, 650x865px) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-25[1].jpg
431KB, 650x865px
>>28383442
Lysandre's role was just full retard though because they tried to play it like it was a plot twist that he was a bad guy.
>>
>>28384220
hashtag annihilated
>>
File: green hair best hair.png (641KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
green hair best hair.png
641KB, 1280x720px
>>28384163
yeah hnnngg, them leggins tho

>>28384177
Simple mistake, no need to apologize senpai

Bryony is still mine
>>
>>28383311
What about Xerosic? Him and the admins are amazingly designed. Underused af.
>>
>>28384279
No, they tried to play it as a plto twist that he was the Team Flare boss at best. The game makes it clear that the way he is now is not the person Sycamore, for example, remembers him to be, though he still respects him since even now as a villain at his core his beliefs are "good". The game plays him as the good guy with bad means, not a surprise villain. That comic is humorous but it takes the dialog totally out of order and context to make the joke. When you first meet Lysandre with Sycamore at the lab he doesn't say the filth thing.
>>
File: no - Copy.jpg (793KB, 958x814px) Image search: [Google]
no - Copy.jpg
793KB, 958x814px
I own two and I had a third that I gave away to my little cousin as a gift that I originally planned to use for homebrew a few years back.

XY did a lot of good for the series. Wonder Trading, the jump to 3D -- rocky a start as it was -- random WiFi battles with no hassle, customization, Amie, there's a lot to like. But there's a lot I found problems with, too. You're entitled to your opinion and it's no more wrong than mine.
>>
>>28384220
>>28384632
I am however the dumbass that forgot to reply to your post directly.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.