[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i'm trying to piece all the overworld maps from Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: ruined alph.jpg (261KB, 966x926px) Image search: [Google]
ruined alph.jpg
261KB, 966x926px
so i'm trying to piece all the overworld maps from Pokemon Gold when it turns out Ruins of Alph and Violet City don't really match up - you can see the pink and white houses on the top left should be the same but they aren't

what do?
>>
>>28380976
I'm still trying to figure out in RBY how the SS Anne got out when Vermilion City is surrounded by blocks in the water and the safari zone takes up well over 50% of the water and cycling road
>>
File: 1468845436123.png (771KB, 5570x5808px) Image search: [Google]
1468845436123.png
771KB, 5570x5808px
>>28381088
Image for reference. Everyone forgets to take the safari zone into account
>>
>>28381088
I can't speak on behalf of the blocks in the water but don't be a retard, Cycling Road was obviously supposed to be suspended fairly high above the water, it was just represented poorly with the tiles back then.
>>
Gee OP it's almost like those gates are supposed to separate parts of the map that don't fit
>>
>>28381121
Look at cycling road
They are covered by blocks
>>
>>28381128
They actually lead into each other - the north and east entrances/exits of Ruins of Alph
>>
>>28381149
For most of the road, the blocks are ON the road, not outside of it. The road itself is obviously supposed to be suspended above the water.
>>
>but Cycling Road is elevated!!!

Okay but what about when the boat gets by Cycling Road. There's no way to get out.
>>
>>28381185
So the rocks are floating? Or the rocks are pillars and go straight down to the lake floor
Ss Anne still can't get out especially with the safari zone taking up all of the space required to move around
>>
I think you're forgetting some parts there
>>
I really hate people who refuse to understand the abstracted nature of space in games.
>>
This new S S Anne meme is the most autistic in loving memory
>>
>>28381259
>This new S S Anne meme
Well hello newfag. What brought you here? Pokemon go?
>>
>>28381223
>pillars that go to the lake floor
..yes? Have you ever seen a bridge?
>>
>>28380976
Other people have noticed this error.

Honestly I'd recommend eliminating the Ruins of Alph entirely. On a technical level it's not actually connected to the rest of the overworld, they used the gates to disguise the fact that it's a separate map. (They had to do it that way because you can't stitch 4 maps together in the G/S engine (not enough RAM).)
>>
>>28381285
Have you ever seen this picture?>>28381118
>>
File: Kanto.png (1MB, 1538x342px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto.png
1MB, 1538x342px
>>28381088
>>28381118
>>28381149
>>28381202
>>28381223
>This autism
The blocks are obviously a fucking gameplay feature to keep the player from going outside of the boundaries. Canonically, those sea rocks obviously aren't a big deal, seeing as how pretty much every piece of art of Kanto either doesn't have them at all, or has them in much scarcer quantities than in the games. The few small rocks obviously aren't a big deal to a cruise liner like that.
>>
>>28381314
Thanks for an actual answer (and an explanation, too!). I'm tied between not taking it out and having a missing piece but no contradictions, or keeping it and adjusting it slightly
>>
>>28381366
>nothing is right until I say so to accommodate my theory
Does mommy know you're using her computer
>>
The most current and thus definitive version of cycling road is HGSS, where it is most obviously trying to represent an elevated bridge.
>>
>>28381422
>No actual counterargument
nice
>>
>>28381480
Still not big enough for the ship to leave
In the anime the bridge needed to open up in order to leave
>>
>>28381496
No one has yet to answer how a ship can leave in RBY when there are rocks blocking cycling road and safari zone takes up 90% of the space between fuschia city and vermilion
>>
>>28381545
Not to mention the small islands below Pallet Town that would be impossible to sail through even if the ship DID get passed Cycling Road.
>>
File: 1473431630204.jpg (390KB, 966x926px) Image search: [Google]
1473431630204.jpg
390KB, 966x926px
>>28381378
What if you did this? It ain't accurate but it at least solves the problem.
>>
>>28381545
Because you're supposed to suspend your fucking disbelief. The rocks are a gameplay feature to keep players from going out of bounds and the Safari Zone is off scale. Do you also believe that everyone in the Pokemon universe was /canonically/ unable to walk in more than four directions until 2013? No, because that was obviously a gameplay quirk and not a fucking feature of the universe. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>28381578
I was thinking of shuffling the top gate, since the trees make it easier to hide

thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>28381545
I'm not >>28381366 but Jesus you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>28381599
I'm not going to suspend my belief to accommodate yours.
>>
>>28381545
>>28381512
Because what we see in the games aren't the full actual versions of what they're trying to represent. It's abstract. Do you also think that there are really only three buildings in pallet town, and a few homeless people that just hang around? We don't see any kind of food production, so obviously everyone is starving to death, right? Viridian Forest map is bigger than it fits into the overworld map so it's obvious a magical time-space distorting forest, right? Every build that's bigger on the inside is also magical too.
>>
>>28381642
>I can't suspend my disbelief in a video game
Do you believe that menus are a feature of the Pokemon universe too
>>
>>28380976
I'm pretty sure pieced together maps of GSC Johto already exist.

I'd post it but I'm not in my PC
>>
>People can't see that SS Anne block-fag is only pretending to be retarded
I thought summer was over
>>
>>28381673
I've found one that misses RoA, but i also kind of want to make it myself, so i have a nice HQ poster for my wall
>>
>>28381745
Yeah, they exclude areas that don't match up. If you look back at it you'll see the National Park is also gone

The only exception is the Kalos one because everything is off. I also have an HGSS map with the Frontier, Ruins, Mr Silver, etc added
>>
I've always wanted to make a model train style diorama of each region, just dont have the time or money.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.