[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is already everyone's favorite Pokemon game and it isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

File: 5-10-pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg (98KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
5-10-pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg
98KB, 578x327px
>Is already everyone's favorite Pokemon game and it isn't even out yet.
How did Gamefreak achieve this?
>>
>>28375214
Well, not everyone. I'm not gonna jump the gun that fast and I see a few others that agree.

But it is still looking really good
>>
>>28375214
Masuda isn't directing it, that's how.
>>
>>28375214

This is the first time thats happened.
Mass bitching is going to happen no matter the quality, as well.
>>
>>28375383
People aren't going to like it. No real reason they should be demonized for that opinion
>>
>>28375214

I don't want to rush myself...But yes, it's indeed my favorite gen.

For me it was 4 things that completely sold me.
- An incredible lively region
- An amazing dex (So far at least) with amazing abilities.
- Breaking a bit the formula.
- Freaking Regional Forms.
>>
>>28375396
Regional forms, non-Pokemon boss entities (presumably), and fucking great concepts like Mimikyu and Wishiwashi.
>>
This one actually looks fully 3D

Customizable trainers that should me more in depth

Trainers are behind their Pokemon during battle

Looks to me that it's the first "console quality" Pokemon to me
>>
>>28375214
Barring it pulls a Kalos and blows, its going to be my new favorite Gen. I am from Hawaii, so that alone gives it special meaning to me, but all the reveals continue to get better and better.

It'll solidify its place as my favorite if Litten stays Quadped, but Luchalitten has grown on me a bit.
>>
>>28375427
this

SM look like what I imagined the future games would like like back in 2000. Bit sad it took 16 years but I'm happy nonetheless to finally see a main series Pokemon game in an immersive 3D World with proper 3D battles
>>
It's the genwun pandering that's giving all the closet genwunner faggots stiffies
>>
>>28375214
they made the world look a lot more real than in past gens, especially gen 6. The lighting at night looks incredible. Also expanded trainer customization and male haircuts that aren't super basic.

also it has YA BOI
>>
>>28375473
If luchalitten is confirmed fake I will be the happiest man on earth
>>
>>28375214

I don't have a favorite Pokémon game.
>>
>>28375608
Be prepared to not be the happiest man on Earth then.
>>
>>28375608
It is real tho.
>>
By implementing the best starters since gen 3
>>
>>28375671
>>28375669

hahaha i love this meme
>>
>>28375608
I'm with you in a sense. If GF shows us something worse than Luchalitten then I'll be pissed. I already have mentally locked myself into picking Litten because my brother's are choosing Rowlett and Popplio, respectively, so I want his final form to not suck. Luchalitten isn't great, but if the rumors of fire/dark typing are true, I can live with him.
>>
>>28375214
Because its the newest generation?

Wait like a month or two after the release date and then post the same, we'll see how much will change
>>
>>28375608
You might as well get some antidepressants cause I don't have good news for you.
>>
Hype culture, people were saying the same sort of shit about XY before it came out
>>
They got kojima on board
>>
>>28375419
>non-pokemon
Nice headcanon
>>
>>28375214
This happened to me with XY which became my least favorite games in the series.

I haven't learned from my mistake.
>>
>>28375214
They fired Faggucchi Masuda.
>>
File: 1472223772655.png (490KB, 641x607px) Image search: [Google]
1472223772655.png
490KB, 641x607px
>>28375214
By making the best starter ever.
>>
>>28376548
Unlike XY this one does look more promising and not as a bland story like most past games. If it knows how to play its cards, then it might end up becoming better the HGSS.
>>
>>28376520
>what are ultra beasts
>>
>>28375214
People are letting the hype get to them.
Do I think it has the potential to be best gen? absolutely.
But I've also seen the cycle too many times in the gaming industry in general. People hype themselves up, telling themselves it'll be the best game ever. and when it finally releases? its only fantastic, but they expected GOAT, so it looks like shit when its really just below extremely high expectations.
Key things to remember. No matter how it looks, the games will be easy, and a difficulty option likely won't be included. This can be remedied with a difficulty hack.
This is the first entry to a generation, thus the post-game facility will likely just be a battle tower, or a clone of it. This is fine as long as they have post-game areas to explore like DP and BW did.
>>
The only thing I don't like so far (besides some ugly mons like Drampa) is the 5 year old male trainer.
Hopefully he won't appear in the story if you pick chicken-chan.
>>
>>28376586
Yeah its better to just wait and see what the actual game will have, so far we have zero idea about ANY post game and if SM wont have any good one then people will start hating on it really fast
>>
>>28376520
UB-01 is not a Pokémon you fucking retard, there's a reason it's not listed on the Pokémon page on neither the English nor the Japanese site and instead having its very own categorized page.
>>
>>28375214
Exactly because it's not out yet.
>>
>>28378573
This. After it's out for a while, this board will 100% flip flop right over to "gen 7 was a mistake" and "sm killed pokemon" no doubt.
>>
File: 1473407007970.gif (524KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473407007970.gif
524KB, 200x200px
>>28375214
>inb4 No Man´s Sky
>>
>>28379456
At worst it'll be a lousy pokemon game. Not a complete and utter piece of shit.
>>
OP, you guys never learn... (but I have big expectations for SM myself).
>>
>>28379456
They'd have to gut the game hardfor it reach no meme's sky levels of disappointing
>>
>>28375510
I love Gen I and I'm sick of it.
>>
Haven't been this hype since BW

I was super hype about ORAS in the beginning but it didn't turn out that great, and I always knew I wouldn't like XY that much.

Hopefully SM has the payoff.
>>
>>28375214
By focusing on gen 1 pokemon which between the mega evolutions last gen and pokemon go being pure gen 1 it's pretty clear Game Freak knows gen 1 is what matters everything else is just expanded content.
>>
>>28379618
Same.
>>
>>28376631
If they encourage people to play PvP in some way it should be fine. One of XY's issues was that it didn't advertise online battles at all in-game.
>>
>>28375396
>Freaking Regional Forms
You mean reclolors

They don't look different enough from the originals.
>>
>>28379774
Wow it's almost like that's how a lot of species look

also
>exeggcutor
>raichu
>sandshrew
>>
I mostly care about the amount of content. Not the plot, mechnics new z power ups and shit.

So, in terms of actual content, what does SM have sofar?

- RotomDex
- Pokemon Snap like app
- Return of Amie

... and that's it. That's not nearly enough content to say if SM are gonna be great, or the opposite.For all we know, SM might turn out to be like BW1:fantastic plot, but lacking content wise.

We still don't know if the Island Trials will be rematchable, or one time only, will we be able to rematch the Island Captains, the Kahunas, will there be a rematch ap like Trainer's Eye in ORAS, will there be a side activity like Contest, PokeAthlon, Musical,etc, wil there be an equivalent to Secret Bases or Underground, will there be a PWT or just a single Battle Tower clone...
>>
>>28375358
This. Ohmori is a god.
>>
>>28376586
Sun and Moon is a new generation as well as the "third" versions for X/Y, since it will be giving Zygarde, a Gen 6 legendary, story relevance. Post game could actually be great.
>>
>>28375214
cutiefly and wimpod are already in my top 5 bug types
>>
>>28375214
The fucking marketing is brilliant
>>
>>28375214

Happiness and friendship
>>
>>28376499
Wait are you serious
>>
>>28379456
I'm EXCITED.
>>
>>28375214
I swear, even if the game turns out dissapointing in some aspects (the fact that the formula changes is already a big win), you gotta admit, the marketing team is the real MVP here.
>>
>>28375510
to be fair, there is almost none of it, it's only the fact that we haven't got any non-kanto alolan forms.

This doesn't even compare to X/Y's gen 1 pandering
>>
I think they've been advertising the games efficiently too, like with the last Japanese trailer.
>>
>>28378583
4chan loves being contrarian faggots
>Undertale and FNAF come out and are obscure
>Loved by /v/
>They become popular
>WE NEVER LIKED THEM ANYWAYS
Same with this bored. /vp/ was so hyped for Gen 5 and 6 but flipped their opinions as soon as they were out. They suddenly love Gen 4 now that 6 is out and will probably love 5 once 7 is out

It's like the Zelda cycle
>>
>>28384114
There is no cycle. /vp/ popped a boner for B2/W2 the day it came out, and it still hasn't come back down yet.
>>
>>28379456
Except I already could tell from interviews and reviews that NMS was gonna be crappy. Any moron could see that the game was in way over its head for the hype and couldn't live up to it.
>>
>>28384114
>/vp/ was so hyped for Gen 5 and 6 but flipped their opinions as soon as they were out
>and 6
I wonder why one would dislike gen 6 after having played X&Y.
>>
>>28375214
>How did Gamefreak achieve this?
You know No Man's Sky? Same way
>>
>>28384560
>I wonder why one would dislike gen 6 after having played X&Y.

It's because they played XY
>>
>>28384570
What promises have been made that you suspect will be broken?
>>
>>28384796
I meant building up hype. They built hype well with SM.
>>
>>28384619
because of the shitmons?

I skipped gen 6 entirely because I didn''t like most of their designs.
>>
>>28385728
XY had more issues than the fucking pokemons.
>>
>>28380376
nice ORAS, fag
>>
>>28386447
Pokémon*
Learn how to pluralize, you fucking moron.
>>
>>28375214
Crystal will always be my favorite, but im excited for s/m
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.