[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Alchemist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: splash.png (769KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
splash.png
769KB, 512x384px
Pokemon Alchemist Beta 3.0
>What is this game? Pitch it to me op.
This is a game I've been developing on Essentials since December 2014. It's been just me and publicly available scripts/sprites. I've tried to make it as similar to the main
series games as possible, so no Fakemon. It's sort of a blend between Gens III, IV, and V. On that note the game has NOT been updated to Gen VI standards just yet. The game has all eight
Gyms and the Pokemon League, along with the postgame. I'd consider this big release! The last /vp/ thread was at the end of July, so it's been a while since the last beta.

>Story? Pokemon Available?
Main Story
It's a more traditional Pokemon story. The player, on an adventure, is swept into an evil teams plot to take over the region by ressurecting an ancient Pokemon, gathering things from throughout the region.
Along with the International Police, and some Gym Leaders, you try to stop their plot all over the Kamla region. There's some easter eggs regarding the teams past
throughout the game, so get hunting! In the postgame, a new Admin controls the remnants in an attempt to take over once more, with crazy plots the player has to stop.

Postgame
I break away from the traditional Pokemon story and sorta just do whatever I'm feeling like here. There are story arcs in every city but the hub in the postgame, all are creative and
a real departure from the mainline stuff. These are really experimental, and I'm interested in feedback on this stuff.

You should be able to capture every single Pokemon in Gen I - V when I've fully completed the game. Nearly all of them are in right now aside from some legendaries. You can see most
of whats in the game in the Google Document below. Currently I'm thinking about implementing a Regional Dex and making the region more consice, rather than having a million Pokemon, I would
love feedback on this.
>>
>How can I download, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O7aBcpe4sbDAz0CsmxFUfOi7Xrs4YMhYhil4obMB-wI/edit
The game is not 100%, so be careful. I've been tinkering around with random parts of the game recently, and while I've tested them, stuff could still just go wrong. Be
careful! I'd like your feedback on anything really, from Routes and Towns to Difficulty.

I'll post some of my favorite maps and stuff too, if you guys would like. Or even some maps I think could be improved.
Thanks for testing!

If you end up completing the game, here's a Survey for you to take. I'm trying my hardest to improve the game.
Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/135RKwLXb6GYK9pMjXF8sU2NBFmdIJ3_jayRXfxCom1w/edit?usp=drive_web
>>
Have any screenshots of the game itself?
>>
Do your docs list encounters?
>>
File: comfy.png (76KB, 511x410px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
76KB, 511x410px
>>28374164
Yep. Here's a shot of a forest.

Also, for those who have played previous betas-
I’ve added a é to the title of the game, changing it from Pokemon Alchemist to Pokémon Alchemist. If you want to keep your saved data from previous releases,
go to users > name > saved games and change the Pokemon to Pokémon
>>
>>28373743
Don't know if I'll play it (don't have the time) but I hope you don't get it taken down by GF
>>
File: Resort.png (34KB, 515x405px) Image search: [Google]
Resort.png
34KB, 515x405px
>>28374219
In the google doc there's a list of encounters. I just updated it a second ago to the most recent update, thanks for reminding me.

>>28374242
Hopefully not. I haven't posted it on Relic Castle/Pokecommunity yet (I will after the beta).

Here's a coastal city screenshot.
>>
File: Icepick.png (226KB, 959x938px) Image search: [Google]
Icepick.png
226KB, 959x938px
before bed bump
>>
>>28373743
Looks fun. I saw the other betas being posted there some weeks ago. Might give it a try when i have the time.
Anyway, Thanks for the hard work i always wished I understood how Essentials work.
>>
Will give it a shot now. How many gyms / how long is it currently?
>>
I was playing in the last beta before the sun/moon hype kicked into higher gear. The game is absolutely a blast, and really actually feels like a Pokemon game to play. At least I thought so.

Plus you can go into the editor and make shitmons not quite shit to play with un-gimped faves, so there's that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.