[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a Kanto re-remake be possible of happening or do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (2MB, 2000x884px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2000x884px
Would a Kanto re-remake be possible of happening or do you think the idea is absurd?
>>
>>28373400
yeah but for the next console so they can sell units
>>
>>28373400
It HAS to be a sequel.

All remakes from now on should be sequels.
>>
I think another kanto remake would be ok but having a different story than the original.
>>
We'd be going to the limit of human understanding

but it's still a Pokemon world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_SaRl12o7s
>>
>>28373400
They would have to add a lot of new things to make the new generation play it.
>>
>>28373445
Isnt that was gold and silver was? Which already got a remake.
>>
>>28373400
It's possible, Fr/Lg was long enough they might want to update Gen 1 again.

They would probably flesh out the characters and story a lot, add things, it wouldn't be a 1:1 remake. Kinda like ORAS in that regard, just hopefully better.
>>
>>28373467
A sequel set in Kanto. Say, one set at the same time as SM.
>>
Prepare for a surprise announcement soon.

November 2017: Kanto Revisited in..
Pokemon Tulip Purple and Pokemon Daisy Orange.
>>
If it was a game taking place 10+ years in the future (or whenever the current games take place) with a lot of changes I might be okay with revisiting Kanto.

If it was just a regular remake, I'd be pissed. Kanto has been in 10 games, it doesn't need to be in more unless they really change it up.
>>
>>28373400
Why do you uncreative fucksticks only ever think about remakes? Seriously, a sequel would make far more sense and wouldn't be viewed by the public as a blatant cash grab.
>>
>>28373453
this (me)

EVERYONE ITT MUST PLAY THAT VIDEO WHILE HERE, NO ASH-CEPTIONS
>>
>>28373502
What if Alola is extremely close to Kanto? Or possibly just around the area of Sevii Islands?
>>
>>28373544
>>28373584
Yeah, this.

We've had vanilla Kanto a lot
>Kanto in RBG
>Kanto in Yellow
>Kanto in GSC
>Kanto in FRLG
>Kanto in HGSS
>Kanto on VC
>Kanto in XY

we've had enough
>>
File: 1430933416923.png (21KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1430933416923.png
21KB, 500x250px
>>28373502
>>28373467
>>28373445

>A sequel to the originals where you start off in Kanto and then move on to the Johto League.
>>
File: 1473280598644.png (896KB, 839x979px) Image search: [Google]
1473280598644.png
896KB, 839x979px
>>28373625
>Kanto
>XY

Am I missing something?
>>
>>28373400
I would say a reimagining of Kanto would be better.
>>
>>28373584
>a sequel would make far more sense
What is Gold, Silver and Crystal? What is Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
>>
File: 1468292429166.jpg (30KB, 417x318px) Image search: [Google]
1468292429166.jpg
30KB, 417x318px
>>28373631
>>
>>28373653
Kalos was basically Kanto with French paint on it.

It's a bit scary when you think about it. Even the layout of the region is very similar. Think of Lumious as Saffron.

Also the first forests in each games have literally identical layouts. There's a lot more "similarities" than just those, too.
>>
>>28373653
The supreme meme is that Kalos was New And Improved Kanto 2.0 with copypasta Viridian Forest and so many "references" like the birds and Mewtwo and Snorlax that it overstepped the threshold and became a rehash.
>>
>>28373601
I dont think around Sevii, but it could always be close, I dont think the pokemon world is our world exactly

>>28373631
While GF would never have the balls to do it, I'd prefer they made a possible kanto sequel and Johto sequel separate and work on making both regions more fleshed out by themselves.

Mainly because Johto is my fav region and I cant imagine how fantastic it would be if it was made even larger
>>
>>28373660
I sequel set IN KANTO AS THE PRIMARY REGION. Gen 2 and it's remakes are set around Johto, the Kanto post-game was an unexpected bonus and was left largely untouched from it's original iteration. A true Kanto sequel would feature a lot of changes and developments in the region, much like the changes between B/W and B2/W2.
>>
>>28373625
>Kanto in XY
wut.
I guess I mustve missed that part then.
>>
>>28373653
>>28373758
I was just memeing, like what these guys said >>28373701 >>28373694.

>>28373725
To be fair, HGSS Kanto also has a lot of small changes too
>Cinnbar erupted
>Safari Zone replaced with a new area
>Mt Moon cave collapses
>Koga moves on to the E4 and daughter takes his place
>Blue becomes a gym leader
>Power outage at the Plant
>Misty gets a BF after talking about how great Cerulean Cape is in FRLG
>Diglett Cave collapses some (I think)
>Bike shop closes down

That's all I can remember. Might be most of it
>>
>>28373811

Underage detected, literally all of this was originally in G&S
>>
>>28373544
>>If it was a game taking place 10+ years in the future
>Climb Mt. Silver Post-game
>See a familiar character at the top
>"..."
>Pokemon trainer Ethan wants to battle
>>
File: randy.jpg (44KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
44KB, 300x224px
>>28373923
>>
>>28373400
Gen 4 remakes for 3DS
Kanto sequel on NX that has Johto as postgame (gen 8)
>>
>>28373915
Are you stupid

The differences between Unova and Unova 2 years later was brought up, so I mentioned what changed in Kanto after 3 years. I started in Crystal and know about more, but they undid the Fossil Museum closing down as well as Cerulean Cave collapses
>>
I'd be down for it desu
>>
>>28373811
Those changes were rather minor in the scope of things though. G/S Kanto still had largely the same layout, all but one of the same gym leaders, the same pokemon, ect. It showed some passage of time but it wasn't a large amount of development such as what was shown in the Unova games.
>>
>>28373400
>Would a Kanto re-remake be possible of happening?
Yes
or do you think the idea is absurd?
Also Yes.
>>
>>28373400

It's not possible. Pokémon Pearl and Diamond remake is next then Pokémon Black and White remake is after that.
>>
>>28373400
I was wondering if they would do this for the 20th anniversary, but it honestly makes more sense to release Kanto remakes on Nintendo's next handheld (or their first hybrid if rumors are to be believed) so that they can do more with them. I do wonder how these game will interact with Sun and Moon, but it shouldn't be that hard to implement as long as the NX is backwards compatible.
>>
I don't see it happening until the next console and possibly late into the next consoles life.

I also recently just played through Red so I don't really feel like playing through the Kanto region again so soon.
>>
File: 6.jpg (11KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
11KB, 392x243px
>>28373631
>Start in the Sevii Islands
>Get to pick to travel to either Kanto or Johto first
>>
If they released a Kanto remake as a launch title for the NX it would sell insanely well
>>
>>28374733
>They have broken patterns recently by doing things such as sequels to Black and White instead of a simple remake and no third version for Generation VI.
>Second remakes of the Kanto games with modern technology and improvements makes sense on all fronts.
>"The patterns will never be broken!"
>>
>>28374733
Why on earth would BW need to be remade, ever?
>>
>>28374733
DP remakes are basically guaranteed (Aether's Arceus symbolism, type Null Arceus collar, Munchlax, ect), but there's nothing stopping them from releasing a Kanto based game on the NX.

If anything they learned from the Wii-U that their console NEEDS games to move units. Wii-U suffered greatly from a lack of non-shit big two titles, no real Zelda game, just remakes, and no real Mario game, just NSMB lazy horse shit though Mario Maker did kind of save their asses.

A Kanto based pokemon game on the home console would be a slam dunk for the NX, especially when paired with the open world Zelda and I assume a new 3d Mario title on par with Galaxy. Especially if they made it a really big game with other regions accessible as DLC. I get the feeling that Nintendo is lying about the NX not replacing the 3DS so I'd expect gen 8 games to be on it.

>>28375045
Because they didn't give us Perfect Kyurem.
>>
>>28375045
graphics
>>
>>28375232
NSMBU was god tier, plebian. The only shit one was NSMB2. Also, we could have a Zygarde tier quest in a different game

>>28375234
Eh, Gen 5 is already good enough. It probably had more dynamic camera angles than Kalos
>>
>>28373400
They already remastered it and did the whole fire red shot. Just drop this. It's stupid.
>>
>>28373400
it's stupid but degenerate normies will eat that shit up like they ate up pkmn go.
>>
>>28375045
They could change it and make it good
>>
Make it a new story just set in Kanto
>>
Get Kanto mons left and fucking right in XY and apparently SM
Why do you want a remake of a game you've played a million times?
>>
>>28373400
Is it bad that, if they remade Yellow, I'd want them to make even more anime references?
>>
I'd want it just for the sweet Sinnohfag tears who desperately want their region to actually be playable.
>>
>>28373631
>Final battle with Red
>In Pallet Town
>>
Pokemon Red and Blue 2 is easy money. set it 25 years after the originals
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.