[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your biggest fear related to Pokémon Sun and Moon and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (58KB, 749x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 749x420px
What is your biggest fear related to Pokémon Sun and Moon and how they will turn out to be upon release date (or when they get leaked)?
>>
>>28372473
That they'll be bad.
>>
>>28372473
Less than 100 total new Pokemon
Other than that, this game looks fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>28372473
That they will have no post-game whatsoever.
I'm already trying to be realistic, its the first game in a generation so the facility will likely just be a tower or equivalent. Beyond that I'd hope it at least has new areas to explore like DP and BW did. If it doesn't even have that, I'd be disappointed.
>>
File: 1382244238359.jpg (27KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
1382244238359.jpg
27KB, 253x200px
Megas. They were a fun idea, but were executed horribly. Instead of making weak older pokemon like beedrill see some use, they gave them to already OU/Legendaries too, so it just made things worse. All of these new gimmikmon with Anti-meta abilities like Triage and Dazzling aren't going to be much help if every kid just throws out a Legendary megamon every time.
>>
>>28372473
I'm worried that Mimikyu is going to have garbage stats

If he sucks then these games suck
>>
File: POKéMON_(Pocket_Monsters).jpg (6KB, 267x107px) Image search: [Google]
POKéMON_(Pocket_Monsters).jpg
6KB, 267x107px
>>28372473
Lack of New Pokémon.
Introducing less than 100 new Pokémon.
>>
Less than 100 new pokemon.

It's the only problem I have right now, everything else(difficulty) will be fixed via romhack.
>>
>>28372473
My honest to God biggest fear: allowing Megas to use a Z move somehow, especially Mega Fug
>>
File: 1472037750853.png (56KB, 356x324px) Image search: [Google]
1472037750853.png
56KB, 356x324px
>>28372473

That Wimpod evolves into something that isn't Bug/Water, and that Solrock/Lunatone don't get anything special or even any recognition whatsoever.
>>
>>28372527
Most psuedos/legend megas suck more than using a Life Orb.

Garchomp is shit, Tyranitar is meh, Mewtwo benefits more from Life Orb, etc

It was half based on mons who need them like Beedril, and half based on popularity.

I would be made if I had to lose Mega Beedril, I fucking love him to death.
>>
>>28372567

>romhack

Good idea.
>>
Less than 110 new pokemon
No more fighting types
>>
>>28372577
Would you be fine with Bug/Dragon?
>>
that they will be too easy to enjoy
>>
>>28372623
Playing Rutile Ruby, I actually have mons die sometimes.
>>
>>28372640
romhack exist for a reason.
>>
File: 1470724255227.png (460KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470724255227.png
460KB, 800x600px
>>28372473
>No Post-game again
>Less than 50 new mons
>Kanto and Lucario pandering left and right
>No Colress
>>
>>28372654

I see. sounds challenging
>>
>>28372473
My biggest fear is that ill have to use lucha litten even tho i kno i will
>>
>>28372473
That they put too much concepts in one game, and it will all feel bloated or unfocused
>>
>>28372658
Whoever said there was less than 50 mons?
>>
>>28372473
Poppmaid being real
>>
>>28372658
We're already confirmed for 60+. I'll go batshit if it's under 90 though.
>>
>>28372720
There'll probably be 128 so Gen 8 will have 151 to make 1000. If that's wrong, then feel free to correct me.
>>
>>28372720
>>28372637
>>28372567
>>28372552
I'd say prepare to be disappointed. Unless you count Alola Forms as new Pokemon rather than forms of old Pokemon. I consider them the latter.

It doesn't matter to me since I'm OK with 85 to 95 Pokemon, and expect that number
>>
>>28372754
They've revealed more Pokémon than they did for BW in the same time frame so far. I don't expect BW numbers but I do think we'll break 100 new Pokémon excluding alola forms.
>>
>>28372473
Luchalitten becoming a reality
>>
My biggest fear is fewer mons, Idc about post game cause I usually run through it once. Much more games to play.
>>
That it'll be the start of a pandering shitfest for casuals. That's how it looks so far.
>>
>>28372778
this honestly
>>
>>28372512
this would be the only thing for me as well.
I can handle
>Simplistic obvious beat badguy save world story
>Not having some arbitrary minimum of new pokemon
>"Genwun" pandering
>Easy "for kids" story gameplay

I would at least want some replayability with a deeper end game besides PvP. More Cooperative and challenging post-game would be great as well.
>>
>>28372473
that mimikyu evolution will just be faux raichu
that the nido family wont get alolan forms
that, while i welcome the fresh new things, the game will be too far removed from the previous ones to feel like pokemon
>>
Yeah 100 new Pokes would be great but it's probably be like 90 with 10 Ultra Beasts or something
>>
A generic plot.
Evil team skull, aether being good, "dont hurt teh pokes", Guzma trying to get box legend for power, you getting it and.. pretty much that
>>
>>28372799
Exactly. Nintendo is appealing to their younger audience who didn't grow up with the original games, cuz they were hard as shit. Oh no now I'm sounding like a kantofag
>>
>>28372571
I was going to point out how Z-Moves require that item space, but then I remembered that the mighty meteor killer doesn't need a Mega Stone or another item. At least the others should be fine, and maybe they'll still ban both from being used at the same time based on how much space the Z-Move icon takes up on the battle screen.
>>
>less than 100 new Pokemon
>too easy
>Guzma sheds his lovable personality to become generic edge lord villain at last minute
>Shitty/no post game
>Shitty Pokemon distribution across the region
>Shitty pacing
>>
>>28372473
A small number of new pokemon. It wont be enough to make me dislike the games as everything else seems fresh and intriguing. I'd be happy with 90-110 new pokemon and maybe 20 or so Alolan Forms.

I am more than willing to see how the new Trials go but hopefully it wont leave me wishing Gyms were still in there.

Maison. Again.

Regardless, everything revealed so far has me excited so I think I will be pleased.
>>
>>28372836
RBY are easy as shit. I steamrolled them as a kid with just Venasaur. Platinum is the hardest main game besides challenge mode BW2
>>
>>28372799
Exactly.
Hell, we can fix difficulty with hacks, we just need the content there so that we can alter it.
>>
>>28372777
Yeah, but times are different. There are more Mons, and Alola Mons seem to be done to have new while not increasing the Pokemon numbers.
>>
>>28372778
You better bring a condom then. He's basically confirmed at this point.
>>
>>28372812
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...
>>
>>28372881
I disagree, and odd number gens always have a lot of mons. I'm sure we'll get 100+ like we did in the past.
>>
Why do people want an excessive amount of new Pokémon? Once they reach 1000+, complaints about pokémon being irrelevant will only get worse, as those who had at least a little attention because there weren't too many to be counted, will now fall to the completely unmemorable category. I'd worry about making all of the few new pokémon relevant instead
>>
I know I'm inviting denialfags to bait me but I'm honestly so attached to Poppmaid that if she isn't real I'll be very upset. I'm sure she is but if not I'll be sad.
>>
>>28372922
To be fair, there are millions of different plants, animals, and fungi.
>>
>>28372577
Idk if this really counts as 'anything special' or 'recognition' but at least we're all confident that Solrock will be sun-exclusive and Lunatone will be moon-exclusive
>>
>>28372922
Since when is wanting the 100+ we always got excessive, faggot?

More mons means more variety in the meta, which is fucking nice.

And there are more potential good designs than stars, I've seen well over a thousand good fakemon.

And 1000 isn't some special magic number, I'll be happy if we break 2000+ before they retire/reboot the series.
>>
File: image.png (147KB, 640x857px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147KB, 640x857px
>>28372977

I'm in the same boat as you.
>>
>>28372473
Fire/Fighting Litten evo
No unrevealed Pokemon in game
No post game

They've already put in so much good shit, it can't be a bad game by virtue.
>>
>>28372922
I'm one of the few that are expecting around 85 new pokemon (including alolan forms). However I want there to be 1000+ pokemon, but spread out through many more generations.

I would even like around 50-ish new mons if it meant we could have a better story, more customization, all of the old and loved features, and lots of post-game things to do.

We have such a large number of countries left that haven't been made into regions, limitless amounts of pokemon, lots of lore to get answered and added to, and lots of different stories they could make. I don't want the games to get more and more casual and streamlined.

One of these days I hope they just make a pokemon MMORPG and literally make a pokemon world + universe with endless content, quests, pokemon, everything. Make different trainer classes/quest lines. Make some point card thing and micro transactions for customizing your character, buying acessories for your character and pokemong, decor, stuff like that.

I never want the series to end and I really think that computer games and the virtual consoles are the future of gaming culture. inb4 I get assblasted for this suggestion
>>
>>28372473
That the game is too easy. I like a little spice in my latte...
>>
>>28373008
Do you think using the word faggot reinforces your argument, or what? If so, you're rather autistic.
Either way, this is no better than the current situation with the items you need to collect and whatnot, it reaches a breaking point in which there are too many that it becomes annoying to even think about getting them. Same could be said about pokémon, if there is an amount of 2000+ with different strategies and movesets, your ability to predict your opponent's battling style will end up in failure since there's only so much the memory can hold. Sure thing you can be all fancy and say that it's no challenge to you, but taking it into practice, it isn't as easy.
>>
File: 57abcd1983825784928273.gif (3MB, 213x127px) Image search: [Google]
57abcd1983825784928273.gif
3MB, 213x127px
>No 6v6 match making.
>>
>>28373094
No, that's okay, gladly I consider myself one of the few people in here that can stand others' opinion without having a volcano blast out of my ass. But I like your perspective, actually the fact that there's so many creatures to discover out there is enough reason to stop releasing poorly designed pokémon for the sake of releasing them/having more and actually focus on the few ones they present. What I like about these series is that they actually care about describing a pokémon and giving it unique characteristics, but if there's just too many to remember, then they'll unavoidably all become creatures chosen based on a second-long judgement about their appearance and power only.
>>
Biggest fear: skulls are evil dicks you can't chill with later.
>>
>>28373098
The game WILL be too easy. Don't set yourself up for disappointment
>>
>>28372473
Lack of post game and less than 80 new Pokemon are the only things I'm afraid of. Everything else looks really good.
>>
i'm worried that music in the trailer isn't in the game
>>
I'm afraid it'll be a disorganized incoherent mess because it's way too short.
>>
>>28372616
>Mewtwo benefits more from Life Orb
He does?
>>
That the game will be just as hand-holdy and patronizing as XY. Even as a child I would have found it unacceptable and could feel the fun being stolen from me. As an adult, I'm more capable of explaining why. The fetus-tier difficulty is a given, and all Pokemon games had some hand-holding, but they made some effort to at least hide it. XY just rubs it in your face constantly that they think you only have 1 Pokemon at all times or some shit.
That, and they might not give an Alolan form to one of my favorites from RBY. Even if I don't like the form, the fact it exists and expands the options and potential uses for a species I like would be neat.
>>
File: mfw it's pancake time.gif (520KB, 302x270px) Image search: [Google]
mfw it's pancake time.gif
520KB, 302x270px
>>28372473
z-moves will be a shitty one shot button that has extra coverage because one pokemon can use a bug move that isn't strong at all.

Also no new megas
>>
That it will be 2x times more expensive than XYORAS, and this is surely going to happen considering how extremely shitty is my country's econonomy.
>>
>Lackluster post game
>Tons of gift Pokemon without any good reason (I think it would be cool if we got Type: Null for story purposes, I'm talking 'Kanto starter beginning of game' type thing)
>Literal unfinished parts of Alola like in Kalos
>>
>>28372529
His gimmick is too good for him I have good stats. His stats are gonna suck and because of it he's gonna suck and it's unfortunate
>>
>>28372473
No good areas to explore. XY had like fucking nothing to explore
>>
This thread is bumming me out. I was so hyped and now I'm fucking scared. If I dislike these games as much as XY I'm going to take a break from the series until something piques my interest.

>tfw after this CoroCoro I'm leaving all pokemon related websites so I don't spoil the games for myself
>trying my best to give these games a chance because I believe the reason I didn't like XY is because I spoiled the whole game for myself
>already upset that I know about the aether foundation

Fuck. I just want these games to be good and not too hand-holding.
>>
>>28372786
Well, after Pokemon Go, this game is hyped to sell a ton. It's already there
>>
>>28372473
Honestly, that Guzma is a villain with no redeemable qualities. I really want him to be oblivious to Type: Null, the Ultra Beasts, and all the other larger threats that Aether seems to be behind. Let him have fun and cause a ruckess, but also have him and Team Skull be heroes in some capacity.
>>
Sinnoh had the lowest amount of new Pokemon, right? Or was it Kalos? Either way, if there are less new Pokemon than one of those then I'll be really disappointed. No post-game content would be pretty shitty too.
>>
>>28372512
Postgame in Pokemon games is a thing of the past bruh
>>
>>28373765
Kalos had like 75
>>
File: 1472734846302.png (235KB, 821x933px) Image search: [Google]
1472734846302.png
235KB, 821x933px
>>28372719
Boy do I have some bad news for you
>>
>>28373636
What was that stupid fucking desert powerplant even fucking for if you couldnt go in?
>>
>>28373791
Oops, for some reason I thought it was way lower than that.
>>
>short main story
>z-moves are shit and have no reason to be used over mega stones
>too easy
>aether aren't actually the bad guys'
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIzPpIitRgs is never used in game.
>>
>>28373823
I thought it was going to be for an event or something
>>
File: 1473300131509.png (487KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473300131509.png
487KB, 960x540px
>>28373686

It have good areas to explore.
>>
File: 1473312199573.png (314KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1473312199573.png
314KB, 600x750px
>>28372473
If I don't get to fuck Lusamine in game, I'm returning it
>>
>>28372977
>muh denialfags
I think you love them more than poppimaid, shitposter.

Also, Arrowl & litten 3 are superior to it by far.
>>
>>28372616
I like M-Beedrill too, but it's still not fair to mons like him since M-Gengar got the better deal. I get that popularity played a part too, but I LIKE these new gimmikmon. They won't see much use if they're overshadowed by megas, though.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.