[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ice now resists Ground and Water >No longer weak to rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 600px-460Abomasnow-Mega.png (299KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-460Abomasnow-Mega.png
299KB, 600x600px
>Ice now resists Ground and Water
>No longer weak to rock
>Hail now boosts the Def. of Ice type Pokemon by 50%
>Freeze-Dry now has 80 Power and is much more widespread, only Ice types can learn it though.
>2 New abilities, one that doubles speed in hail and another that boosts attack during hail (Like Sand Rush and Sand Force)

Did i fix them?
>>
>>28371062
Yes.
>>
>>28371504
Cool.
>>
>>28371598
In fact I think this would be OP. Fuck, avalugg in hail would be a monster. But also Mega Abom should get an ability like Primordial Rain or Desolate Land.
Maybe Endless Tundra?
>>
>>28371062

Ice would be pretty much completely fixed as a type with these changes/additions, I think.

And none of them, save maybe the addition of those abilities, will ever happen.
>>
>>28372490
Not till we move on to a new console gen locking the old games out
>>
>>28371062
You. I like you.
>>
Maybe keep the rock weakness but make it resist normal as well, but otherwise yes, you fixed it.
>>
>>28372797
I don't think they'll ever lock the old games out, especially with PokeBank. People were upset last time there was a gen lockout, now if they locked out gens when the Bank exists people would be furious, especially since it involves money.
>>
>>28373029
I mean in terms of locked out of battling. Pokemon should always be able to be moved forward in some way or another. But specifically a battle lockout much how like it was from BW to XY when Fairy was introduced and it changed the battle same from RBY to GSC with Dark and steel type introductiion
>>
Resist Water, Ground, and Flying. Stay weak to rock. Remove Stealth Rock from game.
>>
>>28371062
Instead of these:
>Pokemon that should not be able to shoot out a beam of ice can no longer learn Ice Beam
>Hail now halves the power of Steel, Fire, Fighting and Rock attacks against Ice types

There, fixed.
>>
>>28373585
>Make water types not able to use ice beam from gen 7 forward
>Indirectly nerfing Gen 7 water types
>While all the other water types unaffected because you can transfer them from gen 6, making them legal.
Unless they put a system in place that would block anyone from transferring a Pokemon with ice beam, it wouldn't work. It's better to work with what you have.

also:
>>Hail now halves the power of Steel, Fire, Fighting and Rock attacks against Ice types
You can't be serious
>>
>>28371062
One more thing:
>hurricane has 100 Acc in Hail
>>
>>28371062
>>No longer weak to rock
No. Being weak to rock makes sense. Heavy rock crushes ice
>>
These resistances make no sense.

If I were to remove some ice weakness, it'd be steel. It's the only questionable weakness ice has, all the others make perfect sense if you think about it.

To be fair, there isn't really anything ice could resist and make sense. I'd say GF was actually merciful for not having ice be weak against water.
>>
>>28374176
It's called a blizzard son
>>
>>28373812
Here's how you fix it:
>Nerf Ice Beam into unusablity, 65 BP 90 ACC
>Create a new move exactly like the old Ice Beam, except with a new name and only learnable by ice types
>>
>>28374391
That sounds awesome

t. not garchomp
>>
>>28374391
This. Ice is the best offensive type in the game, but since pretty much all water pokémon get the top ice moves, along with a lot of other pokémon as well, it isn't worth it have the shitty defensive type just for stab.

This is indeed the best that can be done to fix the ice type.
>>
File: Wut.png (678KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
Wut.png
678KB, 625x468px
>>28371062
>>28371673
>252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. +1 248 HP / 8 Def Avalugg: 224-264 (56.9 - 67.1%)
>252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. +1 248 HP / 8 Def Avalugg: 200-236 (50.8 - 60%)
>+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 8 Def Avalugg: 177-208 (45 - 52.9%)
>>
>>28374297
Water makes sense because, unless you wanna get into scientific terms, ice is pretty much frozen water, so if water is weak against water, then it makes sense for water to be weak against ice too.
As for the ground resistance, it has to do with how the ground interact with ice or some shit, some other anon in another thread explained better than I do.

>>28374187
The rock weakness cripple many defensive ice types because of stealth rocks, removing Fire, Steel or Fighting wouldn't help as much.
>>
File: 1391716897904.png (259KB, 974x716px) Image search: [Google]
1391716897904.png
259KB, 974x716px
>>28374514
>>
>>28371062
Instead of nerfing Rock offensively (as it's defensively an awful type, so offense is all it has going for it), why not give Ice a resist to Flying. Cuts back on birdspam from shit like Talonflame. Okay changes otherwise, not sure about the resist to Water.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.