[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over designed. >"Not an argument." Looks like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 31

File: 1473376202311.jpg (54KB, 780x487px) Image search: [Google]
1473376202311.jpg
54KB, 780x487px
Over designed.
>"Not an argument."
Looks like a Digimon.
>"Not an argument."

Still /vp/, STILL? I know you love your precious series, but will you ever admit that maybe. Just, maybe. The new Pokemon aren't very good? Don't you fucking dare to say it could be worse mother fucker.
>>
Type: Null is a well designed Pokemon
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 530x530px
It could be worse.
>>
It's another episode of "I don't like it therefore it is bad"

What a phenomenal contribution to the discussion.
>>
File: type null.png (444KB, 544x797px) Image search: [Google]
type null.png
444KB, 544x797px
You're entitled to you're opinion
I'm entitled to thinking this thing is cute and cool.
>>
Most of them really aren't bad designs, though. A lot of them are some of the best in the series.
>>
>>28370082
It could be Electrode
>>
I am posting with your thread OP. You're welcome.
>>
>>28370082
Shame you feel that way, anon. But different opinions makes life fun. :^)
>>
File: spritesheet1.png (284KB, 960x1162px) Image search: [Google]
spritesheet1.png
284KB, 960x1162px
>>28370082
It can get worse. It can ALWAYS get worse.
>>
>>28370082
You can't cherry pick reasons to dislike something.

It's design--on its own--isn't the best. Once we know what pokémon were Frankensteined together to make it, it'll make more sense. As of now, with out that information, it's the Gen7 pokémon I dislike (from a design standpoint).

>stop liking what I don't! REEEEE!
That's you, OP. Grow up and stop being a genwunning cunt.
>>
>>28370082
I like ma boy scrappy
>>
>>28370082
Gen 7 has top notch designs though
>>
>>28370082

Can you explain what's wrong with Type: Null?
>>
Explain what's wrong with it without using over designed, digimon, or any mention of gen 1.
>>
>>28370082
>will you ever admit that maybe. Just, maybe. The new Pokemon aren't very good?
k. just so you know your opinions don't count as either arguments or facts. your opinion that designs of pokemon are getting worse over the years isn't somehow bassed on
>ZOMG POKEMON ARE OBJECTIVELY GETTING WORSE
its just your stupid opinion stated with the hottest new meme word "objectively" to try and make it sound like a fact.
>>
>>28370181
Not exactly sure how these Fakémon became the usual example of worst designed, the majority of them are just bland more than anything else. Not as unintentionally hilarious as some of the designs in Pokémon Quartz, for example.
>>
>>28370082
>HURR LOOK AT ME I'M A CONTRARIAN FAGLORD

>>>/v/
>>
>>28370082
>My opinion is the objective truth
>What are different opinions and tastes
>>
>>28370313
>Pokémon Quartz
Was it really unintentional? Quartz looked very tongue in cheek to me.
>>
>>28370082
>your opinion is wrong, mine is the objective truth

You sound like a faggot
>>
>>28370082
People throw around overdesigned as if having a lot of design features automatically makes it OVERdesigned.
It's a chimera, of course it's going to have a lot of design features.
>>
>>28370082
Not an argument.
>>
>>28370082
>waaaah why do other people not agree with my shit opinions
If you kill yourself I might reconsider
>>
It's an abomination cooked up in a lab, a Frankenstein's monster. That's exactly what it looks like.
>>
>>28370082
How about you actually put forth an argument then?
>>
>>28370082
>(You)
>>
>>28370082
>implying Type: Null has a bad design
>implying that is what overdesigned looks like
>implying Digimon is a bad thing

Shit taste, faggot.
>>
I don't want to call the OP a false pokemon fan but he's indeed a typical example of /v/ermin trash.
>>
>>28370082
You know liking a design is subjective right? There is no such thing as an objectively shit design because people will think differently about different designs. That's the hilarious thing about art, it's all subjective bullshit.
>>
>>28370082
But this IS supposed to be an clusterfuck.
It's a goddamn Chimera. This is probably the ONLY Pokemon where it makes complete sense to be overdesigned out the ass.
>>
File: image.png (194KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194KB, 320x320px
>calling a chimera over designed

Wew lad
>>
I like it, and that's all that really matters to me.
>>
>>28370082
>Over designed
>Looks like a Digimon
Not an argument.

No, really, if that's the only thing you're pointing out, then it's not an argument. I could just say you're a special kind of person and claim any counter argument as false, but we know that's not true.

Also:
>The new Pokemon aren't very good?
Opinions. Also not an argument.
>>
>>28370082
there literally hasn't been a bad design in gen 7 yet. type:null is great
>>
>>28370082
>complains about Type: Null
>not Togedemaru
>not bewear
>not pikipek
>not komala
>not diaper fruit
>>
>>28370181
Everything is Quadrapedal and rainbow colored. Fuuuuu
>>
lol guys

It was merely an act. I was just pretending :')
>>
>>28370593
This is RE, right ?
>>
>>28370638
Well I stopped browsing /vp/ when they released that meowth... Someone just posted this on /v/.

Those suck too lol...
>>
>>28370677
lol
>>
>>28370464
This. It's the right amount of designed.
>>
>>28370654
Xenoblade Chronicles X
>>
>>28370082
You know, people here bring up a good point: "it's overdesigned" isn't an argument. You faggots need to have better reasoning for why a Pokemon design is shit beyond "it looks like a digimon because I said so".
>>
How is a clearly Chimera overdesigned
>>
>>28370745
Ya but that thing still looks like a digimon...

If they took a picture of Iwata's shit then threw a fistfull of googly eyes at it. Then proceeded to take a picture of it using an old cellphone. Then called it Shittimon, you guys would say it was intentionally design to be bad (shitty as it were) and say disliking it is the intended reaction towards Shittimon, and therefore it was well designed...

>"Not an argument"
>"Null Pokemon are supposed to look like shit"
>>
I like it because I think chimeras are neat and it does feel like a mishmash of animals.
That's the only reason I need to like it.
>>
>>28370904
Except lots of people do have pokemon that they dislike and genuinely think have bad designs.
ie: Luchalitten
>>
>>28370828
Everything is overdesigned, my favourite pokemon is Ditto.
>>
>>28370593
did nothing wrong
>>
>>28370904
Still not an argument. At least say why it looks like a Digimon.
>>
Looks fine. Shit name though.
>>
>>28371000
Prove to me that anything is real.

There is no real self.

There is only non self.

In ultimate reality.

This anon has seen through the delusion.

It is impossible to say anything is anything else.

There are no digimon.

Only Earth, Wind, Water, Fire.

>not an argument
>>
>>28370082
It's possibly based on a chimera, of course it's going to be "overdesigned" you can't make a chimera without it looking overdesigned.
>>
It's supposed to be overdesigned ya dumb fuck.
>>
>main body is beast-like, alluding to classical beasts that often have the body of a lion and head/leg/tail of something else (Griffin, Chimera, Manticore, Sphinx etc)
>front pairs are talons; second distinct 'animal' involved in the design as well as furthering the griffin resemblance
>fin in place of a tail; provides a final distinct 'animal' and allows the design to have elements associated with air (bird talons), land (beast body) and water (fin)
>mane that goes under the helmet
>helmet is angular and 'pops' from the rest of the design, bringing attention to the helmet being a different kind of artificial; constructed rather than spliced.

I think it's the right amount of designed.
>>
I like it. Chimerae aren't supposed to be cute
>>
>>28370904
>Ya but that thing still looks like a digimon...
Digimon how?

>A literal shit Pokemon
Sukamon already exists, so I don't see why a Pokemon can't be based on shit.
>>
>>28370082
Type: Null sticks out like a sore thumb. It is over design trash design wise and it's name is horrible. Yet the hype has not faltered. Some anons here have to much confidence.
>>
File: Kimeramon_dm.png (604KB, 1271x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Kimeramon_dm.png
604KB, 1271x1050px
This is how Digimon does chimeras.
Type: Null on the other hand is more subtle. It has a streamlined figure that works as a whole. It's only when you look at its mismatched parts that you realize it's been cobbled together. The bilateral symmetry and subdued colors help it a bit.
>>
File: 1429692087861.jpg (13KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1429692087861.jpg
13KB, 395x395px
>>28370082
Look, anon, you're allowed to argue that the new Pokemon aren't any good, but
>Looks like a Digimon.
is not an argument that would help you to do that. It's literally not an argument at all. You have failed to define what a Digimon looks like, how the new Pokemon look like Digimon, and why looking like a Digimon would be a bad thing.
>>
>>28370082
Its whole shtick is being a hodge-podge of different Pokemon mashed together or something similar. At least pick a better example, or get the fuck off of /vp/ since you think Pokemon sucks now. It's that fucking easy.
>>
File: 1470912144363.jpg (34KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1470912144363.jpg
34KB, 512x512px
>>28370082

Pokemon could release a new mon that was the definition of awful design x 1000, and /vp/ would still insist on dicksucking it desperately trying to distance their tastes from filthy "normie genwunners"
>>
>>28370082
Let's have a meta-discussion. Subjective arguments are pointless and devolve into "I like it" vs "I don't like it".

Saying something is overdesigned or looks like a digimon is an observation. To make objective criticism or praise of something, you have to take those observations in the context of what it is you're looking at. For a chimera, being overdesigned fits the theme perfectly, and would actually be a point in favor of it being well designed.

Even if you don't like the pokemon, if the design elements fit together well to fulfill a specified creative vision, then from an objective standpoint the pokemon is well designed. In a similar vein, Garbodor may be subjectively ugly, but since that is an intended part of the design it makes sense and is well done.
>>
>>28370082
Patamon and Agumon look like Pokemon, so I don't see what the big Digimon-esque problem is.

When will y'all learn they're two different, independent companies.
>>
>>28370082
I genuinely think it's my favourite Pokemon from gen 7 so far. I think the name could have been better, but eh.

I also wish it had hooved back legs, just to maximize the dissonance between its forms. But it's cool, I've been waiting for something like this for so long. I want Pokemon to be fucking MONSTERS again. Pocket Monsters versus Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>28370181
Some of these are kind of telefang-esk
>>
>>28371258
>Pokemon could release a design I really hate and there would still be people on /vp/ who like it.
Pro-tip, /vp/ is not a hive mind, there are different people who like different Gen 7 designs, but all of them are liked by a least some people because that's how opinions work. There will never be a design universally panned on /vp/ not because /vp/ sucks GF's dick, but because tastes are so diverse that no matter how shit you might think something is there's always someone who will see it as great.
>>
>>28370132
This picture reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus, I love Type:Null now thanks
>>
This is a subjective opinion you cunt.
>>
Looks like a Pokemon suited for Pyramid Head, so I may call it that.
>>
>>28371276
I know you're not going to understand this and you're going to kick and scream and bitch, but: there is no such thing as "overdesigned". It's a meme. /vp/ thinks "overdesigned" is a term that can be applied when a character design "has too many lines or shapes on it" but that doesn't make sense because that's more a stylistic choice. You can't work too much into a painting. You can't make a life drawing TOO realistic. "overdesigned" has the same meaning as "underwelcome"; i.e. it's nonsense.
>>
>>28370082
Why would looking like a digimon be not good anyway? Forget the fact that your are trying to argue subjective opinion as a fact or even that you ignore that this thing is chimera. Why must chumps like you always try attribute it to other monsters to prove some arbitrary point?
>>
>>28370904
There's a shitton of Pokemon I dislike with a fiery passion. Doesn't mean they're poorly-designed; it just means I find them ugly, weak, whatever. Just take a look at a single thread on /vp/, and the fact that you'll see different opinions--for, neutral, or against--any given single Pokemon proves there is no poorly designed Pokemon. No matter the Pokemon, someone somewhere likes it. It baffles me to hell that there are people who can call themselves grown ass men and women and not get such simple fucking grade school logic.
>>
>>28371034
(you)
>>
>>28370638
>people still don't know what a Mangosteen is
I mean I didn't know either but its about as offensive to the eyes as an oddish. Pretty inconsequential standard fruit mon.
>>
>>28370904
>therefore it was well designed...

Something can be well designed and still look bad you dense cunt. They're not mutually exclusive terms. How are you unable to wrap your head around that?

>>28371034
That isn't an argument. That's you sidestepping the argument to post some random bullshit instead of an actual answer to the question you were asked. Now, I know in times like this people would start to "realize" that you're baiting. But I don't think you are.

People often attribute intended maliciousness to unintended stupidity, and I really think you're just an idiot.
>>
>>28370104
>Type: Null is a well designed Pokemon

It is. But it's horribly named.
>>
>>28370181
jesus
>>
>>28370904
Muk is a thing yes. Sometimes you don't need more than a purple shit pile with some eyes. Monsters are monsters. Try to understand that not everything is going to cater to your tastes and that its okay. Something hasn't "gone wrong" just because you don't like it. Different things appeal to different people and there is absolutely no reason I can see that you can't just move on and accept that.
>>
File: 1473152193076.jpg (82KB, 492x678px) Image search: [Google]
1473152193076.jpg
82KB, 492x678px
>this thread
Everytime someone dislikes a new Pokémon design, they get this treatment. You're all getting worse than genwunners. Learn to understand the point of an opinion before you become what you despise.
>>
File: 1457761252872.png (666KB, 1255x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1457761252872.png
666KB, 1255x1086px
>>28371506
Yeah, I get what they were going for, the Pokedex doesn't know what it is, but maybe they should have just called it 404 ERROR, or File Not Found

Type: Null just sounds kind of dumb.
>>
>>28371258
There literally is no definition of "awful design" for Pokemon. An awfully designed jet would not fly. An awfully designed car would not drive. An awfully designed Pokemon would only exist if you actually qualified it on something objective like how it performed in battle or its stats. Everything else is purely subjective and deals with aesthetics not design. This word gets thrown around a lot every single generation and doesn't become any more tiring to hear.
>>
File: 1473234584984.jpg (1MB, 1288x5880px) Image search: [Google]
1473234584984.jpg
1MB, 1288x5880px
Keep trying, buddy.
>>
>>28370082
>Looks like a Digimon.
>"Not an argument."
Why do you use both quotation marks and greentext?

Also "looks like a digimon" is not an argument to be honest. Maractus actually looks like a digimon but doesn't look out of place in a pokemon game and it's the cutest thing ever.

If you want to complain about a design use some valid criticism.
>but will you ever admit that maybe. Just, maybe. The new Pokemon aren't very good?
But they are very good, with a few exceptions.
>>
File: le salt.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
le salt.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>28370082
>wah, the Pokemon are too over designed
>GF makes a bland looking Pokemon
>wah, the Pokemon are too bland!
>pic related is you
>>>/fa/cebook
Remember to put sage in all fields.
>>
>>28370181
That's more bad drawing skills than bad design to be honest, a good artist could probably make them alright.
>>
>>28370082
>if u like wut i dont like then u arent #woke like the true patrition intellectual that is yours truly!

dude, just kys
>>
File: 1464122492328.jpg (38KB, 495x398px) Image search: [Google]
1464122492328.jpg
38KB, 495x398px
>>28371589
>Everytime someone dislikes a new Pokémon design, they get this treatment.

No, every time someone tries to tell us we should hate the new pokemon because THEY ARE OVER DESIGNED DIGIMON! with no further explanation as to how they are over designed Digimon they get this treatment.

I've seen plenty of threads where the OP has said something along the lines of "You all seem to like these, but I just don't get it" and they keep nice and civil because the OP isn't telling everyone else that they're wrong, the OP is just stating their own opinion.

You want to tell me my opinions are wrong? You better give me a damn good explanation as to why.

>Learn to understand the point of an opinion
Actually when you try to tell people that they're wrong, you're not on subjective opinion territory anymore you horse's ass. When you start calling things wrong you're trying to bring forth an objective fact and if you're trying to state something is an objective fact you better have some justifications as to why.
>>
>>28371589
People would be less likely to respond to things this way if instead of:
>thing is objectively the worst shit ever and if you like it you have shit taste and I will spam it on the board until you agree

they said:

>I don't really like thing
>okay
>>
>>28370082
This is always the same shit with literally anything new. At this point is just a meme
>>
>>28370132
I am opinion
>>
>>28371755
You're bad and wrong, and you look like a digimon!
>>
File: Beelzemon_b.jpg (38KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Beelzemon_b.jpg
38KB, 320x320px
>"It looks like a Digimon."

Have the people that say this even seen Digimon?
>>
>>28371445
Not that anon, but would "poorly designed" be a better term? I mean, there are at times designs that incorporate absolute nonsense into it that one would think "it's a clusterfuck", so calling it a poor design (over-designed?) isn't exactly far-fetched.
>>
>>28371737
Basically. Most of us have been in this franchise for 20 to 10 years now. We should be used to this by now.
>>
File: 1472521188476.jpg (441KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1472521188476.jpg
441KB, 800x700px
>>28371640
fukkin saved
>>
>>28371589
Every time someone starts a shit thread they get this treatment (unless it's a waifu thread), and it's the treatment they deserve. If you want meaningful discussion be the one to initiate it instead of making claims without any argument to back them up like OP.
>>
File: POKEYMANZ_by_scythemantis.png (673KB, 800x1374px) Image search: [Google]
POKEYMANZ_by_scythemantis.png
673KB, 800x1374px
>>28371589
>People respond to an idiot who puts his opinion on a pedestal about how the new designs are bad because he doesn't like them.
>Waaaaah you're worse than genwunners
>>
>>28371785
That's at least an actual word, though it is still up to interpretation and is ultimately an opinion. Ultimately its pointless beyond sharing a conversation with someone. Actually trying to convince anyone of a non-objective aesthetic based statement is always going to hit a wall. You can tell someone why something looks the way it does, but they still might not like it in the end.
>>
>>28371784
To be fair there is digimon and digimon. Some pokemon could pass off as an early stages digimon but that doesn't necessarily mean they have a bad design.
>>
>>28370082
>N-N-N-NO OTHER OPINIONS ALLOWED
>>
File: 1468576511354.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
1468576511354.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>28371833
Listen, I think OP definitely going about this the wrong way, and I personally disagree with their opinion, but-
>posting strawman: the comic
>>
>>28370082
>Still /vp/, STILL? I know you love your precious series, but will you ever admit that maybe. Just, maybe. The new Pokemon aren't very good?

Still not an argument. LMAO
>>
This is one of my favourites of the gen so far though
>>
>>28370638
Fruitmon and pikipek are good designs.
>>
It's supposed to be a bad, overdesigned Pokemon because it's a failed experiment. It's supposed to be ugly and messed up and look weird.

It doesn't matter anyway because it's not in the Pokedex, it's not going to be catchable and it won't exist after the main story is done.

Chill your bosoms, OP. Type: Null is a plot device and nothing more. You'll see.
>>
>>28371599
Nice head canon.
>>
>>28371955
You're thinking of UB-01
>>
>>28370677
Come back to /v/, please.
>>
>>28371174
Nice buzzwords.
>>
>>28371955
It looks good though
>>
>>28370082
The only thing I don't like is the name. Somehow they made the "not a Pokemon" design really work without me hating it.
>>
>>28371901

The point is that no one is entitled to anything from Nintendo. They make a bunch of new Pokemon every generation because your not supposed to like all of them. Hell, my favorite Pokemon from the first gen is Seel. I don't really see that many other people liking it.

I kinda wonder how these people manage to function in real life.
>ZOMG I DON'T LIKE LEMON STARBURSTS THIS CANDY IS RUINED.
>NOW PIZZA HUT IS MAKING CHEESE BITE CRUSTS?!?! RUINED FOREVER!!!!
>THIS GROCERY STORE SELLS MUSHROOMS? I HATE MUSHROOMS? I'M NEVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN!!
>>
File: Shrugzard.jpg (39KB, 270x152px) Image search: [Google]
Shrugzard.jpg
39KB, 270x152px
>>28371955
>not in the Pokedex
>not going to be catchable
>won't exist after the main story is done

What exactly are you basing this off of, anon?
>>
>>28372099
>going to a grocery store that sells mushrooms
Literally worse than Hitler.
>>
>>28371506
I heard that in other languages it was called Code: Zero but apparently that name was copyrighted in the US so GameFreak couldn't use it.
>>
>>28370082
Dunno man I love digimon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>28370082
>>28370117
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>28372167
Well its also called Type: Null in Japan so they likely just used that.
>>
File: I came hereto laugh a jew.png (20KB, 174x162px) Image search: [Google]
I came hereto laugh a jew.png
20KB, 174x162px
>>28372154
Jokes on you i am Hitler
>>
>>28372208

Not that I don't agree with you, but why is your only argument to repost Yokai Watch pictures? If you really want to sell your point, you could try posting monsters from another franchise or something, not post the same shit ad nauseum.
>>
>>28370593
It's not the "overdesigned" aspect. It's that it looks like each "piece" and the whole was part of an autistic edgelord deviantart collab.

They could have easily made a chimera that didn't look like it was designed by a disturbed fan.
>>
>>28370082
>admit that something subjective is objective

nah, people can like whatever, who cares
>>
>>28370181
>48
my mom's kangaroo to be honest
>>
>>28371445
I don't know why you replied to me saying that. I only said overdesigned because that's the word OP used, I wouldn't ever use that to describe something myself.
>>
>>28371955

>It doesn't matter anyway because it's not in the Pokedex, it's not going to be catchable and it won't exist after the main story is done.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?
>>
DAMN, NEW POKEMON LOOKS LIKE *THAT*??
>>
>>28370082
No because I like the new Pokemon.
I know that may be hard for you to understand since you're that much of a faggot.

Neither of those are arguments. Theyre memes, nothing more.
>>
>>28370082
I think it's time you admit that you've outgrown pokemon and move on.

Let us continue enjoying the series
>>
>>28370904
You sound autistic
>>
>>28371505
>That isn't an argument. That's you sidestepping the argument to post some random bullshit instead of an actual answer to the question you were asked. Now, I know in times like this people would start to "realize" that you're baiting. But I don't think you are.

>People often attribute intended maliciousness to unintended stupidity, and I really think you're just an idiot.

You thought any of that shit was serious? What's wrong with you?
>>
File: 1473192979054.png (202KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473192979054.png
202KB, 1000x800px
This alone makes me like Type: Null. My first impression was absolute confusion, but then it grew on me when I found out that it was a hybrid. Gives me an Indominus rex feel.
>>
>>28370082
A bad pokemon doesn't mean "new pokemon are bad".
>>
>>28371562
No Muk isn't poorly designed, why do people say this?

Toxic chemical that's alive. He's poison, it works.
>>
>>28370181
these are all underdesigned, as in there is no design at all, just random scribbles
>>
>>28370082
>Still /vp/, STILL? I know you love your precious series, but will you ever admit that maybe. Just, maybe. The new Pokemon aren't very good? Don't you fucking dare to say it could be worse mother fucker.

Still not an argument.
>>
Overdesigned is a COMPLETELY valid argument. Although I wouldn't use it for T:Null, I think this guy is on point.
>>
>>28371194
>You have failed to define what a Digimon looks like, how the new Pokemon look like Digimon, and why looking like a Digimon would be a bad thing.
this. this is always where the arguement falls apart
>>
>>28372641
wow what an original OC here, mind if i save it to repost in every fucking thread?
>>
>>28370082
it looks like shit. but thats the point. this thing was made out of dug up corpses and discarded semen samples in some dirty garage somewhere. its not gonna look as good as the other man made pokemon
>>
>>28370181
The concepts for most of these are pretty damn good(Boxing Kangaroo, Gargoyles and Harpy lines, Yeti line, etc). This would've been a fantastic dex if they were designed to match the pokemon style.
>>
>>28370082
(you)
>>
File: 1295484925707.jpg (20KB, 435x352px) Image search: [Google]
1295484925707.jpg
20KB, 435x352px
>>28370082
'it could be worse mother fucker.'

Go outside. I don't care if it's 10 PM or whatever, go outside, look up at the sky, see your pollution or your stars, and realize your opinion is like pissing in a sewage plant.
>>
>>28372664
I never said he was poorly designed. I just said we already have a shit monster, more-or-less.
>>
>>28370082
Literally a chimera did you expect it to not look like shit? People like you should be voided from the fanbase
>>
>>28372274
But even then that doesn't work, Anon.

The designs for various monsters work for their respective franchises. Art style, general design, and everything associated with that series

Youkai fit just fine in Yo-Kai Watch because that is what they are going for. The cartoony and goofy look fits.

Yu-gi-oh creatures fit in Yu-gi-oh

Digimon fit in Digimon

Robopon fit in Robopon

Medabots fit in Medabots

The list can go on. Trying to compare one series to another is a complete fallacy.
>>
>People still act like they're 6 years old and have to choose between digimon and pokemon and that one looking like the other is ever a bad thing
>>
>>28375379
Do you really think that digimon designs are so monumentally different from pokemon designs that they could never fit in without people noticing

What about Terriermon, Lalamon, and patamon? And the other hundreds of cutesy digimon with simple designs
>>
>>28370082
Muk is overdesigned
>>
>>28376510
Grimer is owadesiigzned mai pokeeeemooooooon xD
>>
File: Hayato-3.png (44KB, 440x741px) Image search: [Google]
Hayato-3.png
44KB, 440x741px
>>28370082
I dunno desu.
I like it.
>>
File: culumon-line.png (387KB, 1099x539px) Image search: [Google]
culumon-line.png
387KB, 1099x539px
>Insulting digimon
>>
Gen VII has the weakest designs yet by far but Type: Null is pretty tubular
>>
>>28370082
>Looks like a digimon.
Go look at a digimon. Any digimon. Just look. Take a good hard look.
In no way have any of the pokemon, in any generation aped the style of digimon.

Has the style changed? Sure has. Does it look aaaaanything like a digimon? Like fucknoodles it does.

Like a cartoon SotC boss? Sure. Digimon? Fuck off.
>>
>>28370638
bewear is awesome. how dare you.
>>
>>28370082
Digimon didn't make Chimeras, anon and they already stated it's artificial.

What the fuck were you expecting?
>>
Did anybody get excited when they saw "Type: Null" thinking it was a new type at first? I was quickly let down, but I think it's rad as fuck. Can't wait to hear the story on it.
>>
File: 1441564116683.jpg (132KB, 671x504px) Image search: [Google]
1441564116683.jpg
132KB, 671x504px
>>28371640
>>
>>28370082
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>28370082
I think the grey thing sticking out of the helmet looks silly, perhaps it should have been a bit smaller. Otherwise I think it works fine.
>>
>>28371640
perfection
>>
I got over shit-looking pokemon when they introduced gen 3.

There are good ones and bad ones, insult and fawn over whichever you like. That's part of the fun of Pokemon.
>>
This thread sucks, I'm being honest, I mean I do have a very small penis..
>>
>>28370082
Don´t be so grumpy.
Not everyone like every Pokémon, but that´s not bad. I can´t say I dislike the complete generation, but the new pokémon look a bit different from the others. But still there are pokémon like rowlet, I like.
>>
>>28370082
bad pokemon designs were the sole reason I skipped gen V&VI. S/M is looking amazing so far, including frankendog
>>
HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP OP BEFORE I CUT OFF YOUR FINGERS AND SHOVE THEM IN YOUR ORIFICES
>>
>>28370082
Those are literally not arguments, they are conclusions. Conclusions have no meaning if they are not supported by arguments.
>>
>>28370082
Am i the only one not impressed by any of gen 7 designs? Granted there's some i like but so many of them seem like filler or are overly cutesy
>>
>>28370082
>the new pokemon aren't very good
That's kind of the whole thing, you can't generalize like that, tastes are ridiculously subjective, so fucking subjective it's the whole reason why this board is basically one giant ball of "you can't like what I don't like".

Some designs are shit, some are average, some are good, some even are awesome.
Which are which depends on the person you ask and you'll never get a hunanimous answer about fucking anything. Most people here just ignore the ones they don't like and focus on the others, or bitch and moan all day.
>>
>>28370082
Agreed.
Type:null is a shit design. It looks like that dragon thing from my little pony.
It's just poorly done.
>>
>>28376612
Fake and gay, Culumon's whole gimmick is that it can evolve others, not itself
>>
>>28371640
OH SHIT NIGGER AN MS PAINT COMIC
>>
>>28371955
it's the partner pkm of the new edge kid.
>catchable
>in the pokedex
>lv38 + 1 other pkm won't be near the end of the main story

you fucked up mate
>>
>>28372208
Yo kai watch guy i love you!
>>
>>28370082
Yeah no, I totally agree with you. What the fuck where they thinking with these designs?

Usually I can find a few design in every generation that I actually like and I can usually round out a team with that but this is the first time where I cannot foresee myself running any of the new Pokemon on my team. If they aren't over-designing the shit out of Pokemon they're making really weird aesthetic choices that feel very out of place or are creating clustfucks like you posted OP. The fuck happened?
>>
>>28370082

I like it, fuck you. It's meant to be a horrendous amalgamation of random shit.
>>
Anyone here going to think of a proper name for their Type: Null? I just feel she needs a real Pokemon name. I get that it's supposed to be the Pokédex equivalent of "No results found" but the name is the only thing holding it back from being one of my favorite Alola mons.
>>
>>28372279
It doesn't look edgy in the slightest, it looks like a mix and match creature.

If it were what you described it'd have bright neon streak and spots.
>>
>>28372641
>Pokemon de escaneado...
>Not "Escaneando Pokémon..."
Get your spanish right.
>>
>>28370082
>S-stop liking what I don't like! Y-you're just denialfags!
kys cunt
>>
>>28377977
Digimon evo lines are fuckin' bonkers dude.

They almost don't exist.
>>
>>28370082
>will you ever admit that the new Pokemon aren't very good
There's nothing to admit. You can't just say "the new Pokémon aren't good". Some are, some are not. You're a narrowsighted asshole if you simply say "they're all bad because I say so".

>will you ever admit that some new Pokemon aren't very good
When you start using actual arguments instead of bullshit like "They look like a Digimon".
>>
File: 1470179920306.png (291KB, 354x306px) Image search: [Google]
1470179920306.png
291KB, 354x306px
Just came upon this thread.

I just going to say I wish you hypocrite faggots jumped like this everytime someone calls Blastoise a "digimon".
>>
Its funny. They could have said that in many pokemon they have released, but Type:Null os probably the best designed pokemon they have released in gen 7 so far...
If we dont look at his ame, of course. Code: Zero is much better.
>>
>>28370181
>202 designs
>all of 5 different faces
>>
>>28370181
82 is literally just heracross with wings
>>
File: fakemon.jpg (346KB, 780x1330px) Image search: [Google]
fakemon.jpg
346KB, 780x1330px
>>28370313

I think this one is the best shitty fakemon sheet because while the names are facetious the sprites are legitimate.
>>
>>28370082

Kek. Love the children on this site. Go play another game then if after this long in the series you're still gonna complain about designs
>>
>>28371258

And I'm guessing you decide what an "awful design" is right? Oh right right how could we forget.
>>
>>28371695
No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.
>>
>>28370082

It looks like an even edgier absol
>>
>>28370082
So you don't like it and you want us to think you are right? Fuck off, your opinion is shit and you clearly are too fucking retarded to understand the purpose of his design
>>
To the people who don't like this, do you also think the designs in shadow of the colossus are bad? It's extremely similar.
>>
>>28370181
>Question-mark le Missingno meme

I'm already done
>>
>>28379421
Seriously. First gen literally had a flaming duck monster with an ass head and they're complaining that the Chimera pokemon, which isnt supposed to look pretty, looks bad? Ok.
>>
>>28376747
>new type
THis thing almost has to have another form, it might get it's own unique type.
>>
>>28379499
I like it, but to be fair, what works in one series doesn't necessarily work in another. So this is honestly a pretty retarded argument.
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3MB, 3685x2400px) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3MB, 3685x2400px
>>28377976
>>28370638
>STILL shitting on pokemon designs
Fine. Get a bigger load of it
>>
>>28370313
Nothing can outshit Topaz
>>
>>28370181
Why are 30 of these just some kind of fucking bird?
>>
File: 126Magmar_Dream.png (131KB, 690x392px) Image search: [Google]
126Magmar_Dream.png
131KB, 690x392px
>>28379506
For comparison
>>
>>28379560
Is that a fart face kid?

Thats a fart face kid isnt it...
>>
>Being surprised /v/ defend it

They'll just scream genwunner anyway, they will even go as far as to say the 6th gens are good.

They are sheep, their opinion does not matter.

They probably buy amiibo and think the Wii-U is a legitimately good console too.
>>
>>28370082
it could acutally be a digimon now i like it even more
>>
>>28370122
/thread. This shitposting fest should have ended long ago.
>>
>7th gen will actually top 5th gen in terms of shit designs

BRAVO GAMEFREAK, BRAVO
>>
>>28370082

You grew up.

No seriously, Pokemon is for children.

/vp/ is filled with manchildren so It's understandable they defend it.
>>
>Chimera pokemon made of various part of different species that are totally unrelated
>Overdesigned
Jesus who would have known
Type: Null is fucking rad
>>
>>28379713
I understand you anon, i too only play mature games for mature people such as myself.
>>
>>28371968
Not that poster, but there is some truth to that.
Type:Null is the only Pokémon that has a different name in Spanish, English (and I think it was Italian). Spanish has always shared english names, even with stuff like Mr. Mime (instead of going for Sr. Mimo). Type:Null is called Código Cero, however. That's why many are speculating that the "name" is actually an error message from the Pokédex
>>
Type: Null is adorable and sexy and should be loved.

He probably has a horse dick.
>>
>>28379934
Type: Null is sexless, as it is a biological machine made for fighting
>>
>>28371599
>just called it 404 ERROR, or File Not Found
But anon, that's sound way worst than Type: null
Even though I prefer Type: 0
>>
>>28379966
Fuck off, he's most certainly got a dick. Maybe he has no feeling in his dick though..
>>
>>28379506
>flaming duck monster with an ass head
>ass head
Jesus anon that made me laugh way too hard, it's true though.
>>
>>28378259

>509: Inkfister

Gimme
>>
>>28370082
I think plenty of the new Pokemon are fucking garbage, possibly the majority of them since I haven't even counted, but Type: Null looks fucking good.
>>
>>28370082
>Overdesigned
Null is pretty simple considering how much is going on, save for the helmet

>Looks like a digimon
People who say this do not remember what digimon look like.
>>
New headcanon
It has both genitalia
>>
>>28370638
>not liking bounsweet
Most forgettable gen7 Pokemon so far.
>>
>>28379713
>>28379845
Yeah, we play CoD and scream like deranged lunatics over the mikes, threatening tof rape the moms of the 8 year old son that play the game unsupervised because they camp to much.

We are way more mature than the man children who play Pokemon because liking a nostalgic comfy series and not giving a fuck about what others think is so goddamm immature.
>>
>>28378198
Blastoise is protected by a grandfather clause, known as "childhood nostalgia." Being one of the first set of Pokemon nullifies any criticism.

It's your fault for giving it power.
>>
>>28370082
Please explain to me how a Pokémon can look like a Digimon when there is almost anything a Pokémon or Digimon to be based off of? It really annoys me when people say

>hurrdurr looks liek a digimon xxxxDDDDD

Get your heads out of your ass and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>28370082
i like every new pokemon so far
i'm a genwunner

i hated gen 5 and 6
>>
>Just, maybe. The new Pokemon aren't very good?

Yeah, if you're fucking retarded
>>
>>28370082
What is it with you and your obsession with pokemon designs? Fuck the topic of the thread I am flipping it, it's now about you and your obsession. Fucking creep ass weirdo concerned about what some Japanese folks are drawing jesus.
>>
>>28370082
>"Baaaw! Mom, there are strangers on the Internet who like what I don't like! Make them stop!"
>>
>>28370082
What kind of superfaggot doesn't want a Chimera pokemon? They're Pocket MONSTERS, and a Chimera is a MONSTER.
>>
I think they should have just called it Null is all.
>>
>>28371258
The opposite is also always going to be true. No matter how much they could improve, a portion of the "fanbase" will always complain about how it's not as good as it was in Gen 1.
>>
>>28379609
but you see, I grew up with Magmar so it's okay if it's ugly.
>>
i hate the tag on the teddybear thing, i hate the lazy-eye on crabrawler even though i approve the beat up drunken brawler concept.

But i don't specifically hate the pokemon, only tiny details, which i'll probably end up accepting after a while.
>>
>>28370082
>your opinion
Also Type: null is an awesome pokemon. It's very gen 1 in a weird way IMO so I'm surprised gen wunners don't like it desu
>>
>>28384673
I wish people would realise more often that this is the actual reason most people prefer gen 1. I mean you're entitled to you own opinion but it's obvious that the first gen has some VERY obvious nostalgia bias.
>>
>>28370082
Because for every "over-designed" complaint, you'll get three "over-simplified" complaints.

Would you call Yungoose over designed? What about Grubbin or Rowlet?
>>
>>28370181
Check out the "literally just an echidna" Pokemon. And that's one of the less egregious ones. For fuck's sake.
>>
File: laughing lizard.jpg (120KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lizard.jpg
120KB, 500x333px
>>28371640
That's too good
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.