[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the pokemon world is a semi-futuristic setting with such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hypertraining.jpg (176KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
hypertraining.jpg
176KB, 1366x768px
>the pokemon world is a semi-futuristic setting with such inventions as teleportation pads
>"you can't change IVs! They're Genetics! That doesn't make any sense!""
>>
>>28367033
>the very first generation introduced a cloned pokemon with altered genetics
>HOW CAN YOU CHANGE GENETICS?!
>>
I'm all for these kinds of quality of life changes. People can scream shit like "simplifying the game for casuals" but giving options like this is great. I remember some people complaining about labeling the moves super/not-very effective now because they think trying to remember the type chart (which isn't that difficult anyway) adds some significant level of depth to battles.
>>
>They won't ever remove HMs! It's for making it feel like you have to use your own pokemon for progressing through your adventure!
>>
>>28367053
Changing the genetics of something before it's born is different than changing the genetics of something already alive.
>>
>>28367033
It's not like they can't change them but it's probably a moral grey area for them.
>>
>>28367184
Is it though?
>>
File: 1457910161159.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1457910161159.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>28367033
Wait so are people still mad over this? Breeding is still far from dead since there's balltism, natures, egg moves, and MMing. Nothing killed me more than hatching what could've otherwise been perfect had it not been for some IVs.
>>
>>28367293
Yes. It's like, you can change the source code of a C program before compiling it, but you can't edit a program that's already running. You can't change the DNA of something already alive.
>>
>>28367403
Can't you edit some of the values while it's running with an external program though?
>>
>>28367454
Changing the values of variables that are already present isn't changing the code, though.
>>
>>28367403
What about the pokeball, isn't one of the theories about it that pokemon get turned into code? If so couldn't you alter the code once it's in the pokeball?
>>
>>28367499
Changing genetics is more like changing the variables present anyways.
>>
>>28367563
Not really. It's more like turning stuff on and off.
>>
>>28367668
That's just a bunch of 1s and 0s.
>>
Are you guys retarded or what? You can't change the genotype of something alive, you can only change the phenotype.
>>
>>28367725
>what are mutations
>what is cancer
>what is gene therapy
You get mommy and daddys chromosomes, but each cells chromosomes can change throughout life.
>>
>>28367668
That would be epigenetics
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.