[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training a Staryu in white 2, should I wait til it gets Cosmic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-120Staryu.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-120Staryu.png
57KB, 250x250px
Training a Staryu in white 2, should I wait til it gets Cosmic Power at level 48 or do I evolve it before, it's level 33.

Also it's fucking horseshit that Starmie can't remember all the moves that Staryu learns.
>>
>>28365443
>Also it's fucking horseshit that Starmie can't remember all the moves that Staryu learns.

Stone evolutions have always been like this. Stop being a retard.
>>
Is Staryu worth training?
>>
>>28365628
Starmie is just my favorite, pls answer the question
>>
>>28366098
I wasn't asking you OP, I'm just wondering if I should get one since I like Staryu's design.
>>
>>28365443
Starmie is for lots of things, it depends entirely on what you want to do with it. Some don't even need level-up moves at all and can be Water Stoned at level 1.

Cosmic Power isn't popular but it's not useless. Using Starmie as a screener is also not popular but it has the same sort of use, and is more flexible with the team than CP. Reflect Type is also seeing some competitive usage right now.
>>
>>28366242
What are some of the most popular sets Starmie has?
>>
>>28366298
Make your own, what do you WANT it to do?
>>
>>28366196
staryu has been ou since gen 2, take that how you will
>>
>>28366321
i want it to be generic
>>
>>28366321
I'm not sure, that depends on what it can do. Is it really that versatile?
I'm looking for an ace I can reliably use through my X playthrough but also post game and online, but I don't really know yet what I want it to bring to the team.
>>
File: 57489230_p0.jpg (114KB, 392x470px) Image search: [Google]
57489230_p0.jpg
114KB, 392x470px
>>28366380
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Psychic
Recover

You'll need two TMs, but this will work for 80% of the enemies in the game and will hit like a truck.
>>
>>28365443
Are you god damn stupid or something? Using a frail pokemon as a tank with COSMIC POWER? At least use some freaking common sense summerfag
>>
>>28366521
thats why i was asking you ape nigger
>>
>>28366433
Yes, actually. Starmie is one of the most reliable pokémons overall because she has acess to everything you could ask. If you are ignoring competitive and don't have to worry about WILL I OUTSPEED THIS JOLLY GARCHOMP, just throw in coverage like >>28366478 and you are good to go. You can use Rapid Spin instead of Psychic or Recover, or if you want, just go full out with the attacking derp and swap Recover for Thunderbolt.
And that's assuming all you want to do is fucking run around blowing up people on the main game. You can use her to Rapid Spin the ever so present Stealth Rocks, burn with Scald or try to cheese whole wins from spamming Double Team.

It's a good pokémon, but I really wouldn't think so hard if all you are doing is playing through the main game. But that's just me.
>>
>>28366612
>cheesing with Double Team
Starmie is one of the rare pokemon with Minimize actually.
>>
>>28366433
Starmie does everything.

>>28366478
Recover is pointless ingame, you have items.
>>
>>28366598
I'll spoonfeed your god damn ass then

Hydro
Ice Beam
Tbolt
Psychic/shock
>>
>>28366723
Well he said
>also post game and online

You'll want Recover if you want to try online or those post games things that I forgot the name in X/Y, so I think Recover is a good idea.
>>
>>28366612
>she
>>
>>28366770
It's a Heart Scale move, you can easily get it later.
>>
>>28366612
Well I do want to be able to hold my own on the battle spot but I won't be playing showdown or anything.
That gives me a good idea of what's available, thanks. Is Starmie tanky enough to justify Recover, though? It has pretty mediocre defenses
>>
so, what level do i evolve it at?
>>
>>28368688
Cosmic Power isn't very useful, don't wait until level 48
>>
I use it as a spinner and ailment spreader. Scald, Twave, Rapid Spin, and Recover.
>>
>>28367150
>Is Starmie tanky enough to justify Recover, though?
If you're using a utility Starmie, yes.
If you're using an offensive Starmie, still yes since it helps mitigate Life Orb damage.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.