[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>awful level curve >trainers with low level pokemon even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 9

File: hgss.png (225KB, 250x457px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.png
225KB, 250x457px
>awful level curve
>trainers with low level pokemon even in fucking kanto
>shit pokemon distribution
>good mons are rare encounters , located in kanto or postgame
>bland johto towns
>rushed kanto region with nothing to do besides challenge the gym leaders

Why people like those bad games so much ?
>>
>>28365152
You posted a pic of the remakes instead of Gold and Silver.
>>
>>28365152
Nostalgia mostly.
>>
They have a Battle Frontier.
>>
>>28365178
He's not wrong seeing as those points still apply
>>
And it costs $150 on ebay.
>>
>>28365203
>copy and paste of the easiest facilities yet
Also he said Kanto. That's in Johto.
>>
Apart from the awful level curve these games are perfect
>>
>>28365208
Nah
>>
>>28365152
The sad part is, Kanto is the only remotely fun portion of the game.
>>
>>28365152
I agree with literally everything on this list except >bland johto towns

Johto has some cool towns and gym leaders let down by the shit level curve and Pokemon distribution.

GSC isn't really any different either, arguably it's even worse.

The "2nd gen is the best ever!!!" meme is the core Pokemon fan equivalent of your average genwunner imo. Entirely based in nostalgia and ignorance. Also "muh kanto".
>>
>>28365335
This is good

Johto needed a lot more than a face-lift but Gamefreak has a fetish for remaking games exactly as they originally were. It's the major glaring flaw in HGSS; the old level curve, wild Pokemon levels and gym leader teams. All the additions they made were great but the shit they kept is still shit. It's the same problems with FRLG and ORAS; they're too faithful to the originals in the wrong ways but ORAS was a bigger failure because a good portion of the new additions were shit too.

This is why DP remakes are particularly scary. The original DP are incredibly bad. GF needs to shake up the ol'remake formula and base these ones off Platinum.
>>
>>28365152
You forgot the most autistic feature: following pokémon.
>>
>>28365588
>It's the same problems with FRLG and ORAS; they're too faithful to the originals in the wrong ways but ORAS was a bigger failure because a good portion of the new additions were shit too.
Anon, these games made more changes from the original than HGSS did and not only that added features that weren't horribly tedious and boring.
>>
>>28365152
I liked the:

- physical/special split
- following pokemon
- Pokeathlon
- updated Kimono Girls
- updated graphics

However, you're right, many things needed to be changed:

- level curve not fixed
- tedious Rocket grunt fights
- Kanto is a shitshow again
- Johto mon distribution needed to be updated
>>
>>28365152
>awful level curve
>trainers with low level pokemon even in fucking kanto
Wouldn't those cancel each other out then?
>>
>>28365819
No, not at all.
>>
>>28365819
Its the same problem as the main game
The trainers are low but the leaders are high so you have to grind.
>>
>>28365178
at least GSC had an acceptable soundtrack.
>>
>>28365922
You mean like a JRPG?
>>
>>28365152
Because the retarded level curve made it "challenging" and this board is all about tryhard autists desperately wishing for this kids game to be hard.
>>
>>28365956
You haven't played many JPRGs have you.
>>
>>28365819
>be at 7th gym
>leader's ace is level 34
>not even fully evolved even though mamoswine is a thing
>wild pokemon are level 16 besides the forced gyarados encounter

shit game design, not to mention every other 7th gym leader has an ace that is at least level 39
>>
>>28366037
Not many, though I've apparently spent over 300 hours playing Bravely Default and haven't seen the true end.
>>
>>28366074
another note, it was even worse in GSC when his ace was level 31.
>>
>>28365152
But HGSS at least made the towns look more interesting, and sorta worked on distribution.
But yes, Johto is very flawed, despite how good HGSS is as a remake, it could never be the best game due to being held back by its originals.
>>
>>28366074
you know, the point is you to do one region quickly to go to another
other games doesn't have a second region
>>
>>28366074
The major issue with GSC and HGSS in terms of their leveling, is the very openness some people praise. If they forced you to go Chuck -> Jasmine -> Pryce, the leveling would have been 100x better.
>>
>>28366147
That's a terrible excuse. Kanto does nothing to fix the leveling problem, and the gyms suddenly shoot up to and hover around a mid-50's range. Theres no reason why Johto gyms are so low-leveled if the Kanto section has such a drastic increase.
>>
>>28366074
>wild pokemon are level 16
I think this is subjective
In BW2, it was like:
>hey! here's a piloswine in the same level of your team for no reason, and you can evolve it right away! No efforts at all!
It didn't gave that feeling of reward for a good training.
>>
>>28366147
There isn't "more content", it is just spread out into two regions and it is executed terribly.

Two regions make no difference when both of them combined have less content than 1 region.
>>
>>28365335
Not to mention Johto's dex is literally 50% + nothing but filler, at least in GSC.
>>
>>28366147
Its two half regions. Johto is tiny and Kanto is crippled.
>>
>>28366174
It's also a problem when compared with Kanto's openness. In Gen I, when you got more freedom to roam around and fight the gyms in different orders, go to Silph or Cinnabar, etc., the trainers all had different levels so you could actually train.

In Johto, the openness is handled poorly and all trainers have level 20somethinf shitmons at the absolute highest. The trainers don't advance, so you get no EXP, which contributes to the bad level curve.
>>
>>28366195
No, it's not. It would be boring a second region after hard - long first one.
>Kanto section has such a drastic increase
you go to kanto after the league, so kanto level is okay
>>
File: 1406233343992.gif (1013KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1406233343992.gif
1013KB, 320x240px
>>28366235
>filler
I bet you think all pokemon need to be competitively viable.
>>
>>28365152
>Bland Johto Towns
Haha okay
>Rushed Kanto region with nothing to do besides challenge the gym leaders
Because what else would you be doing?
>>
>>28366220
I do suppose its subjective, but I always hated having to spend hours just to grind a new team member from the newest area to be on par with my team.
its honestly probably what contributed to me just using my starter and nothing else as a kid.
>>
>>28366220
>I think this is subjective

There isn't anything "subjective" about it, every wild pokemon before Pryce is level 17 or under.

The dark grass in BW/BW2 are bad as well, wild pokemon should be about 5-7 levels under the gym leader's levels.
>>
>>28366256
The league is a bad example too. Considering the trainers in front of it use shitmons in the early 30s, there's no excuse.
>>
>>28366227
>more content
What do you call more content? Edge villains?
It's the same game as always
Gym Leaders, catching pokemon
>>
>>28366267
This. Especially with the lack of trainer rematches.
>>
>>28366261
Not when you have shit like Sunflora or Dunsparce, Unown, Delibird and the like. Also, I said GSC, things got a lot better in HGSS.
>>
>>28366284
The league shouldn't even be in the game in the first place. It fucks up the pacing for "muh two regions!!!" and makes the leveling even worse.
>>
>>28366243

Kanto wasn't crippled in HGSS.

It's just easy and quick to navigate because there's almost no roadblocks or story to stop you as you go.

Johto meanwhile isn't as small as people make it out to be. It's just designed with quick-paced travel in mind and a lot of short cuts from town to town. It's roughly the same size as Kanto was.
>>
>>28366290
More content = more challenging battles and more availability to add new pokemon to your team.

You can do neither when gym leaders have shit pokemon and every wild pokemon is way too underleveled.
>>
File: 1406852863701.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1406852863701.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>Mt. Silver
>very few pokemon are above level 50
>>
>>28366284
I understand what you're trying to say, do you actually have a problem with that.
When I played I just have to level my to 2 or 3 leves each, unti level 40, and go to league.
Or are you saying that you want to go to the league ate the same level as the champion?
>>
>>28366261
They need to be powerful enough to actually feel fun and satisfying to use in a single player setting. Otherwise why am I using it?

Same issue with the lack of usability of status mons and disruptors and whatnot. Why the fuck would I waste a position on my team for some sort of wall or status inflicting Pokemon when I can use a different, not even particularly powerful straightforward damage oriented monster and not artificially and unnecessarily prolong my battles to a ridiculous extent.
>>
>>28366371
You have the battle frontier
>>
>>28366420
I don't like or care about the battle frontier, my favorite part of a pokemon game is the main story.
>>
>>28366371
>More content = more challenging battles and more availability to add new pokemon to your team.
>and every wild pokemon
So... Kanto?
>shit pokemon
Unless some gym leaders have Caterpies, that's like, your opinion, man
>every wild pokemon is way too underleveled
Either Exp. Share or some NPCs who have low level pokemon
>>
>>28366448
>reading comphrension

you can't add new pokemon to your team because every trainer and wild pokemon is underleveled past the fourth gym. The first four gyms are the only good thing about this game.

>kanto

postgame content, we are talking about the main story here.
>>
>>28366418
They're there for kids to say, "That looks cool/cute. I want it." Believe it or not, some people actually like playing different ways than you do.
>>
>>28366448
>this delusion
Holy fuck. Fuck off.
>>
>>28366506
Are you seriously trying to argue the baby Pokemon aren't dex filler?
>>
>>28366540

Not them but baby Pokemon are plush sellers, not dex fillers. They exist solely to sell merchandise. More so than any other Pokemon exists to sell merchandise. A dex filler, to me, is something like Spearow/Fearow. It just exists solely to pad numbers.

No one would ever fucking use one though.
>>
>>28366540
Define filler. There are obvious marketing purposes for them, but it's not like they're obligated to have a certain amount of pokemon or something.
>>
Johto has my favorite pokemon designs.
Otherwise it's garbage.
>>
>>28366494
>reading comphrension

do you wanna talk about kanto or Johto? Johto, okay. But then, why are you complainig about Kanto?

>every trainer and wild pokemon is underleveled past the fourth gym

There you go. Use underleveled trainers to train your underleveled pokemon. Also, you can train a lot in Rocket HQ and Radio Tower.
>>
>>28366353
this

Unovafags really trying it in this thread, like always lmao
>>
>>28366513
Don't you have arguments? Ok
Here's a free (You)
>>
>>28366579
>>28366585
If they have no purpose in the game they're essentially dex filler.
It doesn't matter that they're made to sell merchandise. We're talking about the actual game.
>>
>>28366618
Ugh. You type like a third world monkey who barely knows English.
Fuck off, Pedro.
>>
>>28366620

But the actual game exists to sell more merchandise. So they do serve their purpose in-game.
>>
>>28366620
One could argue that almost no pokemon have a purpose. You could get through with just an overleveled starter and a couple HM slaves.
>>
>>28366611
I like BW and BW2, but I really don't like Unova as a region
>>
>>28366643_(You)
>>
>>28366597
>skipping trainers around the third gym just to train pokemon you catch around the 7th gym

shit game design
>>
>>28366647
>>But the actual game exists to sell more merchandise.
I really hope this is bait. I really really hope it is.

>>28366658
>One could argue that almost no pokemon have a purpose.
And they would be wrong. Try playing through a Pokemon game with no Pokemon.
>>
>>28366611
Or trying to show even these games have flaws and actual major ones.
>>
File: gen2haters.png (31KB, 646x184px) Image search: [Google]
gen2haters.png
31KB, 646x184px
>>28366688
ITT: people who didn't play GS/HGSS

>Rocket HQ is at Mahogany
>Radio Tower is after the 7th badge
>>
>>28366699
Obviously you can't have no pokemon, but now you're willfully missing the point.
>>
>>28366699
>I really hope this is bait. I really really hope it is.

Those stores in Japan designed solely for selling Pokemon stuff aren't going to promote themselves anon.

>B-But that stuff exists to promote the game!

No it doesn't. Not anymore.
>>
I don't know why you guys complain about the trainer levels in Kanto. I, myself, was surprised when I got into Kanto and realized the regular trainers had almost gained 10/15+ levels compared to their GSC counterpart. Like from lv30's to level 40's/50's.
>>
>>28366759

I think the leveling is fucked, but Kanto and Johto are well designed regions.

I just wish they had taken the time to redo the level scaling in HGSS.
>>
>>28366741
No. I'm not missing the point.
Most Pokemon "have a purpose." Prevo baby Pokemon serve absolutely no purpose in game.
You're going to evolve them or never see them.

>>28366751
We're talking about THE GAME, you stupid fuck.
Fuck you. This is really obvious bait at this point or you're just a huge idiot.
>>
>>28366773
And just what purpose do most pokemon have? You don't need any particular pokemon for any part of the game, save for HM users.
>>
>>28366738
>use underleveled trainers to train your underleveled pokemon!

>use all the trainers between the 7th and 8th gym to trainer your underleveled pokemon!

>u-use all the trainers before the league to train your underleveled pokemon!

underleveled either way, i'll be even more underleveled if i kill all of the level 17 rattatas with new team members.
>>
>>28366773

Every Pokemon in the game serves the purpose of merchandise shilling though.
>>
>>28366643
Ugh. You type like a third world neckbeard who barely Tips fedora.
M'lady well.
>>
>>28366823
So play the fucking game the way you fucking want.
Oh yeah, I forgot, you didn't play it.
>>
>>28366819
>And just what purpose do most pokemon have?
Buddy, you're argument is moot, and I'm done with it.
A shitmon that's not ideal is in no way comparable to a pre-evolution Pokemon being added.
>>
>>28366892
>it's the "your opinion is invalid because i have decided you have never played the game" maymay

(You)
>>
File: 1325015883850.jpg (45KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1325015883850.jpg
45KB, 680x510px
>>28365152
>>
>>28366611
>my favorite games can have no flaw and as such it must be the fans of the games I don't like that are daring to imply they can.
Look, I like HGSS, one of my top 3, but these flaws are very real and need to be considered.
>>
>>28366908
>i have decided you have never played the game
No, you showed it here: >>28366688
Also, there's no point in this discussion.
I tried to show to you that you can play the game, that is not bad as you think, but you are still complaining about everything.
>>
>>28366982

I don't see how that's wrong. You can skip a lot of those trainers pretty easily and go back to them later.
>>
>>28366894
>A shitmon that's not ideal is in no way comparable to a shitmon that's not ideal
There really is no difference. Even if it becomes less shit, it's still introduced as shit.
>>
>>28365152
I replayed it recently. I didn't like it very much.
My goal was to catch kyogre for my livingdex, got bored and traded for it
>>
>itt people who can't git gud
>>
>>28366982
I already explained why that logic doesn't work.

You will always be underleveled in GSC/HGSS unless you decided to kill tentacools or tauros for hours, or you do what I did and transfer pokemon to platinum and use the VS seeker.
>>
>>28367078
(You)
>>
>>28367036
>long hours of braindead grinding
>getting good
Made me smile
>>
>>28367024
>There really is no difference.
Yes. There. Is.
Pichu, which was added in Gen 2, can only be obtained by breeding a Pikachu/Raichu.
A kid will likely never encounter a Pichu unless they actively seek it out, and even then they most likely not going to keep it from evolving back into a Pikachu.
Pichu was literally added as dex filler for merchandising purposes. It has no other purpose.

This isn't in anyway comparable to, say, Luvdisc which exist to give you Heart Scales.
This isn't in anyway comparable to Farfetch'd which was added as a "joke."
Farfetch'd and Luvdisc can both actually be used on your team without any active effort to keep them from evolving.
>>
>>28367097
have fun playing your shit games, I'll go back to playing my crystal romhack now.
>>
>>28367102
>I just wanna anything right now and I hate to work hard for anything
>>
>>28367151
>oneshotting 1000 tauros
>working hard

10/10, made me reply
>>
>>28367111
Heart scales didn't exist in gen 2, and in what way is a joke a more valid purpose than making a cute thing for kids?
>>
>>28367102
>wah I don't know what an RPG game system is

Mcfucking kill yourself. Pansies like you is why gaming today is easy as shit. You entitled fucks need to be handheld through everything and expect to be rewarded without putting effort into anything.
>>
>>28367151
>spending 4 hours of your life to keep on par by killing filler
>truly a master of skill
>>
>>28367149
I knew that I would got another (You) from you
and like I said:
>no point in this discussion.
>play the game the way you want.
Enjoy playing Johto.
>>
>>28367177
>oneshotting 1000 tauros
>working hard
actually yes, It took time to do it
>master of skill
no one never said that
>>
>>28367235
>taking time=hard
Ok guys there no reason to reply anymore
>>
>>28367199
>Heart scales didn't exist in gen 2
Neither did Luvdisc. Are you dumb?

>and in what way is a joke a more valid purpose than making a cute thing for kids?
You missed the entire point.
Pichu is not easily obtainable. Most of those kids who wanted Pichu in game didn't know how to obtain it.
If they had added Pichu as a wild encounter it would be a different argument entirely.

Also, Farfetch'd is a joke about game mechanics, specifically trading. Baby Pokemon have absolutely nothing to do with the games.
>>
>>28367263
Fuck off Arin.
>>
>>28367102
>he needs to grind to beat a game designed for 10 year olds
>>
>>28367263
would you call that easy?
take time, right?
>no reason to reply anymore
and you are still replying
>>
One thing I love about these remakes over every other game including the upcoming sun and moon is the bottom screen layout during battles.

Not the kiddy friendly shit they have now.
>>
>>28367299
>Not the kiddy friendly shit they have now.
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>28366270
kek
>>
>>28367320
BR?
>>
>>28367274
Well fuck me, luvdisc isn't from Johto. Either way, farfetch'd is a joke. A meta joke that no kid will get and one that doesn't add to the game in any way. If showing that trading is a thing is enough of a reason for farfetch'd to exist, showing off that breeding is a thing is enough of a reason for babies to exist.
>>
>>28365152
I find these games to be overrated.
If you were to ask a normie pokefan they'll probably say "My favorite games are HeartGold and SoulSilver." because it's a widespread opinion. I also couldn't really care for the following pokemon and i'm sick of people saying "It's coming in the next game. Don't worry". And on top of that its way too damn expensive. I wish I hadn't lost my copy.
>>
I'm playing through HG now and the fucking level curve is abysmal. Stupid autists praise this as "difficulty" in a game for babies but it's just bad game design. Grinding is not hard, it's just tedious. Fuck these games.
>>
Crystal was fun. Shit level curve but it was an okay game.

However, HGSS are overrated as fuck. They keep using the "but porkyman follow you!" and "has a battle frontier" excuses. Shit, they give you a lot of legendary Pokemon, Sinnoh Pokemon (that doesn't make sense), but they can't just make Regis obtainable without RSE or an event Regigigas.
Also, Lyra's design is complete pork's smegma
>>
>>28365152
The person who always shitposted using Gen 6 and Gen 5 boxart has finally moved on to Gen 4
>>
>>28367427
>Well fuck me, luvdisc isn't from Johto.
There's no way anyone should think this.
>>
>>28365152
>they make me put in an effort so it's bad
Good to know.
>>
>>28368716
I bet you think breeding is effort too.
>>
File: 1394510268760.jpg (25KB, 324x270px) Image search: [Google]
1394510268760.jpg
25KB, 324x270px
>>28365152
>it's a 'let me try to make you not like something you enjoy' thread

When people like something, they tend to look past any flaws that may exist and no amount of HURR DURR CHECK OUT THIS THING NO ONE BUT ME CARES ABOUT is going to change that.
>>
>>28368716
Effort isn't the same as grinding.
Fighting a lot of Tauros is grinding (tedious, you can just go to the Pokemon Center, could be fixed by making wild Pokemon and trainers stronger).
Fighting the Elite 4 is an effort (you can't go to the Pokemon Center, fight 5 'strong' trainers in a row, use only one team with limited moves).
>>
File: kirb.jpg (37KB, 853x294px) Image search: [Google]
kirb.jpg
37KB, 853x294px
>>28368716
>mindless grinding for hours
>effort
>>
>>28368748
>they tend to look past any flaws that may exist
Yes? That's not an excuse do letting lazy and poorly design games pass. Jesus, you're the reason why this industry is going downhill. Basically nothing that has a single good point can't be criticized because it's liked.
>>
HGSS has a worse color palette and mostly worse music compared to GSC.
>>
>>28368965
>Stop liking things I don't like!
>>
>>28365152
16 badges, great starters, ties into gen1, team rocket best villain team, most annoying rival that doesn't even make it to champ. Best minigames.
"Good" mons is a matter of opinion, and if the entire region has bad mons in general, like Hoenn, then mediocre Pokemon are relatively good.

>>28368502
Don't Use a full team of 6. And if you must, use your mons type advantages to deal with enemies that are higher level, instead of just levelkilling the game. Also, gives the x-items a use.
>>
>>28366942
This. HGSS are my favourite because I just enjoy them so damn much that the flaws don't bother me, but it doesn't mean they can't be analyzed.
>>
File: 1472365449433.png (105KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1472365449433.png
105KB, 450x420px
>>28368662
This. Whenever I ask why people think these games are good I always either get no answer, a retarded vague answer like "it's fun", or "following pokemon" and "2 regions!". Yet the game is riddled with objective flaws that makes the game not fun. People are just clouded with nostaglia, this game does not deserve to be in the top.
>>
>>28369101
>great starters
only feraligatr is good
typhlosion is just as shit as meganium
>>
also
>lance is supposed to be a dragon type master
>is actually a flying type master
>>
>>28369265
Typhlosion has the exact same base stats as Charizard, with no 4x weakness to rock.

Feraligatr is the best

Meganium has one of the best designs of any starter ever, despite being a less than stellar tank/cleric.
>>
>>28369318
Dragon type trainers are just about using what is strong. That usually happens to be dragons but not always. Gyarados is clearly based off of some sort of Chinese serpent dragon.
>>
>>28365152
>10/10 Graphics
>10/10 Music
>10/10 Postgame
>Updated towns look great
>Faithful to the original
>New fun items like the GB sounds
>The new Safari Zone
>Following Pokemon
>Great looking sprites
>Improved Kanto from G/S
>+ Everything that was great about Johto to begin with

I was pretty great to be honest.
>>
>>28369325
the designs are great, but typhlosion's best move is fucking flame wheel for the majority of johto. a physical move for a special based pokemon.

meganium is a grass type, which already gives it a disadvantage(for the record, i'm not saying grass is a bad type, but fire and water just outclass it) but at least it gets some pretty good grass type moves.

feraligatr: waterfall, crunch, ice fang.(and surf for out of battles) that's all i have to say.
>>
>>28369473
>typhlosion's best move is fucking flame wheel for the majority of johto. a physical move for a special based pokemon.

Are you so autistic that you let that bother you while playing a fucking kid's game?
>>
>>28369551
because it's a shit move. there isn't any fucking variety in meganium and typhlosion's movepools.
>>
>>28369143
Really? I was liked the pokeathelon, bug catching contest, finding all the gym leader's numbers, Ruins of Alph, battle frontier ect.
>>
>>28369473
Its stats are okay enough to use physical moves. It's not ideal, but Feraligatr had to deal with using special moves in G/S and it still did pretty decently in the main game.
>>
>>28369598
There's a difference between liking them and them being good. Take this anon for example >>28369451

He lists the safari zone as a great feature but the fact of the matter is that it was several steps back from what people wanted as it just made encountering Pokémon more tedious there. Theres also the layout of it as well being essentially a 4x2 grid removing that small bit of exploration that the other iterations has. Including the ORAS version.
It was also very player unfriendly as it didn't say what item belonged to what category or what was needed to get a specific Mon to spawn or how long it woukd take. Basically you had to rely on a guide.

Anyway I think you get my point.
>>
>>28366109
They do have a point though, since bravely default isn't really the same caliber as Pokemon, as Pokémon is a game for kids and bravely default...isn't, so you shouldn't have such a an uneven level scale/tedious grind in Pokemon.

Bravely default is a bit different anyways, since your power is directly tied to your current job level, so if you want to experiment with new jobs/mix and match specials, you're in for the long haul. Maxing out your village helps in the long run, however, and the game is still fun after the crystal awakening slog, imo.

Anyways, have fun with the game, my dude. The third-to-last story battle is a killer, keeps you on your toes. The sequel fixed the grind and story slog a bit, so if you like this game, you might wanna check out the sequel after you finish it.
>>
>>28368716
Grinding =/= effort. Nobody wants to grind for the high-leveled boss rushes of the league and Kanto immediately after each other. That's not challenging, it's just tedious.

If you want challenge, wait for SM and try out the Wishiwashi Totem fight.
>>
>>28370127
This is meaningless though. That anon was simply replying to a post about nobody giving then reasons for why they liked the game.
>>
>>28370719
>grinding
>not just using strategy to beat them

Is there any other region where you regularly hear "I had to use up her Lum Berry with Sleep Powder then make my Quikava use Smokescreen to win"

That's what he's talking about. The people who don't want challendge just grind.
>>
>>28366418
I brough fucking Ariados to L4. C'mon, pre-frontier content in these games is piss easy. It's designed for kids like the one I was over decade ago, lvling Haunter on fucking Machokes because they couldn't hit it. If you EV train at least partially, for example by trying to match correct pokemons or switching in and out pokemons needing specific EVs you can beat this game with shitmons. If you fully EV train and get decent movesets, you can beat it with just 1-3 pokemons and make HM slaves out of the rest.

Right now in my Platinum playthrough I have partially EV trained Torterra, fully EV trained Houndoom and Yanmega and I can afford running shit like Bastiodon in my team. I have more troubles picking fillers into my team the way I'll always have all HMs + sleep move + false swipe for catching stuff while making those HM slaves usable. And no, I don't want fucking Bibarel. I'm even considering fucking Onix with 3 HMs and Rock Throw or something, just for the sake of more PP to kill random wild pokemons. And it'll still be useful pre-battle frontier.
>>
>>28370868
Every other region has better Pokemon distribution, which makes that sort of thing unnecessary.
>>
File: final rocket battle.png (59KB, 794x404px) Image search: [Google]
final rocket battle.png
59KB, 794x404px
>>28369101
>team rocket best villain team
>>
>>28371119
But the harder fights are more memorable. Like, I'm replaying the game after playing Y and I prefer the experience I'm getting in Johto because the Gym fights aren't something I shut my brain off for
>>
>>28365152
(You)

Man, this is a daily thing, isn't it?
>>
>>28371670
Yes, it causes arguments so its posted every day

Literally two threads up now actually. Not even subtle
>>
>>28371670
It's getting awful. It wasn't like this a month ago.

Fucking ORAS fags.

Hell even I made a thread about HGSS getting more hate recently right at the start of Go. Now all these underaged fags are going to think this is the hive mind
>>
>>28366307
>I barely ever encountered those four
wew
kill yourself
>>
>>28366261

I think all pokemon should be at least slightly viable at some point in the game. GSC was awful with this because most of the Johtomons were rare as fuck, and had shit stats, or came at such a point in the game at such a low level, you wouldn't even bother grinding it to your teams levels because most of the Pokemon you could actually fight had low exp yields.

HGSS did this somewhat well because at least all the shitmons were monstrous in the Pokeathelon
>>
>>28371709
>everybody who disagrees with me must be a Hoennfag!
the mind of a Johtobabby is a simple one
>>
Nostalgia. If you look at G/S/C or HG/SS from a critical standpoint they're really not that good at all.

These are the most overrated games in the franchise bar none.
>>
What are some good Johto based ROM hacks?
>>
>>28365152
Gimmicks, GF added the pokewalker and following pokemon to try and make up for how shit D/P was.
>>
>>28365152
They were not bad games,just not as good as Johtofags want to believe it is.
>>
>>28369590
The physical/special split fucked up a bunch of older pokemon and GF hasn't done anything to fix it. Look at fucking Sceptile, Special based pokemon, few special moves and an amazing physical movepool including it's signature move Leaf blade. Adjusting some base stats or giving it a few new moves would help a lot, Giving it a mega sure didn't.
>>
>>28371253
I'd like to see a Pokemon game go full out at some point. I.e. Petrel leads off with an auto-transforming Ditto, uses a Murkrow that calls out all your moves, an ambushing Keceleon and Sudowoodo, a Chatot with a unique Chatter attack, etc.
>>
>>28365227
I got SS used (cart only) for $40 or so. Still felt like a ripoff.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.