[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can masuda even compete? One gen in and he's already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: JunichiMasudaJI2.jpg (665KB, 4865x3237px) Image search: [Google]
JunichiMasudaJI2.jpg
665KB, 4865x3237px
How can masuda even compete?

One gen in and he's already getting blown the fuck out in every possible aspect.
>>
>>28362280
Careful you're gonna wake up the genwunners
>>
>>28362280
Where the hell did this meme of Ohmori being good come from?

Watch as Sun and Moon has zero post game content and you all backpedal hard as fuck. The fallout will be glorious.
>>
>>28362314
because gen 7 is better than 6?
>>
>>28362314
Um, how? Genwunners love Tajiri.
>>
>>28362375
This. I'm on the fence about it. Luckily the mons are all great so far, though.
>>
>>28362375
>>28364923
he did not directed ORAS alone
Masuda was always in his back

and anyway ORAS wasn't even wanted, Nintendo just called the alarm at the game freak HQ because they had bad sellings and ordered a game in one year => ORAS came out
>>
>>28362280
Haha I don't really know
>>
>>28364951
and Masuda is "in his back" here, too. Deal with it
>>
'20th anniversary'.....they are bound to make extraordinary efforts.
>>
>>28362375
>Watch as Sun and Moon has zero post game content
Who cares? The game isn't even out yet and they've already confirmed a fuckton of main game and optional content. At this point I wouldn't even care if they slapped the maison there.
>>
>>28364951
>and anyway ORAS wasn't even wanted, Nintendo just called the alarm at the game freak HQ because they had bad sellings and ordered a game in one year => ORAS came out
Do you even read your own posts?
>>
>>28362375
I mean it is the first entry to the generation.
No one should be expecting more than the tower or a clone of it for a post-game facility. Instead hope they add new areas to explore, like DP or BW did.
>>
>>28364951
>>28364969
Not really, masuda was the MAIN force behind ORAS, INCLUDING the decision to not add battle frontier, since according to masuda people wouldn't like it nowadays because they can be entertained with other stuff.

The only part that Ohmori really fully directed in ORAS was the delta episode.
>>
>>28365305
[Citation needed]
>>
>>28364829
How do you know?
>>
>>28364923
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>28362375
Wait, you want that to happen?
You'd rather have a few fans proven wrong over a good Pokemon game? How old are you and when will you go back to whatever containment board you came from?
>>
>>28365483
>have a few fans proven wrong over a good Pokemon game
isn't that the point of /vp/?
>>
>>28365020
>
yes

do you read mine ?
>>
>>28365483
>autistically praising one chink who hasn't proven his worth yet and hyping up a Pokemon game

You are the underage in this scenario, not me.
>>
>>28362375
It's very likely that the Battle Frontier is returning and the Chinese leaks seem to indicate that we could earn gym badges in the post-game. Those are pretty significant.
>>
>>28365483
Remember that everyone was hyped as fuck for X/Y and look what happened.
>>
>>28365547
Well this answers my question I suppose.
You clearly don't.
>>
I've enjoyed pretty much every game so far except OR/AS. I know Ohmori will do a good job but I've never had a problem with Masuda, every Pokemon director has made great games and I'd never write off their careers for a few shortfalls in the games.

Masuda has given us god-tier OSTs throughout the years and has the midas touch when it comes to making Pokemon music sound unmistakably like Pokemon music. Long may it continue, hopefully he'll play Ohmori's game and be able to enjoy Pokemon without feeling like such a large part of it and the two can work together with fresh ideas.

It's not like the director is the sole creator in a videogame, there could be any random member of staff behind some of the most beloved features, small dev teams work as dev teams, it's not a big corporate ladder.

I've been to the floor of the building where GameFreak work, it's small and fairly unremarkable.
>>
>>28365659
I agree with you on the music part about Masuda,dude is fucking talented,however I do believe that it may be best to let other guys develop the games
>>
File: gamefreak offices.png (5KB, 128x192px) Image search: [Google]
gamefreak offices.png
5KB, 128x192px
>>28365659
>I've been to the floor of the building where GameFreak work, it's small and fairly unremarkable.
Tell me about it!
>>
>>28365709

Me too, I'm excited to see what Ohmori has to offer, S/M looks great so far, I just don't like the sudden "MASUDA IS SHIT" wave that seems to have swept the board.

I'd love to see a return to a Japanese-based region again, but with Satoshi Tajiri directing it, it'd be really cool to see what he can come up with in the years he's been away, but I have a feeling he won't be back.
>>
>>28362314
Masuda didn't direct gen one you retard.
>>
>>28365785

It's just a white corridor, kinda narrow with a red sign as the elevator opens that says "GAME FREAK" on it and has the shell/spiral logo thing on it. Left was a plain white wall and right stretched a bit further down into a black wall in the distance and I think you could go left/right from there. I did listen out silently to see if I could hear any music but I didn't want to explore in case they called security. I couldn't hear anything apart from maybe like a murmur of machinery/people/anything.

I was hoping I'd run into Masuda or someone and tell them how much I love Pokemon

It's in a building called Carrot Tower in Setagaya, Tokyo it's floor 9 or 13 I think. You're not supposed to go there obviously but there's a tourist observation deck on the top floor and a restaurant, so I purposefully got in the elevator when nobody else was on it and pressed the floor number in hopes I'd see some Sun/Moon stuff being carried past.

Next time I go I'm thinking of writing a letter to GameFreak and leaving it in the corridor thanking them for the games and posting some pictures of me travelling around with my 3DS, I know it's a bit cheesy but it'd be nice. Pokemon is the reason I decided to travel around the world and explore places I'd never have gone otherwise.
>>
>>28365843
Tajiri is autistic. It'll be gen 1 again.
>>
>>28365843
>I just don't like the sudden "MASUDA IS SHIT" wave that seems to have swept the board.
This has been a thing since XY.

If he delivers a subpar product then he has to take the results.
>>
>>28365962

I mean writing a letter with some pictures enclosed. Not posting them on /vp/ or anything.
>>
>>28365991
>This has been a thing since XY.
Its only cropped up since SM.
>>
>>28365991

It wasn't subpar, stop it with this "I didn't like it, therefore it's shit" meme
>>
>>28366009
No people have been shitting on masuda for a while and then with the lead change even more.
Now that SM looks way better than anything masuda popped out except maybe BW
>>
looking back there's a stark shift between gen 1 and 2. gen 1 really feels like a children's game but gen 2 has a shift to being more "hip"
>>
>>28366020
>go literally 2 steps back on everything except 3D from the previous generation is not subpar
>>
>>28366081

It doesn't at all, don't be ridiculous. It brought a lot of improvements and new features.
>>
File: 1469079497564.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469079497564.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>28366144
Ok like?

3D models, maybe amie?
>>
>>28362375
This,SM will have under 90 new pokemon again.
>>
>>28362375
They already broke the patterns in many aspects.
I'm happy they for once are leaving their safe zone.
>>
>>28366169

3D Models & Overworld
PSS
Amie
Customisation
Super Training
Diagonal Movement
Fairy Type
Sky Battles
Hordes
Wonder Trade
Mega Evolution
Friend Safari
Capture Experience
Photo Spots
Riding Pokemon

I doubt they'll return but Roller Skates and PR Videos too.

FYI All of the above are new features, many of them laying the foundation for some of the most hyped features in S/M and all made X/Y a charming an enjoyable game and just because you didn't like a feature does not make it shit or useless. Thank you.
>>
>>28366301
Literally this. Thanks.
>>
>>28365962
That's pretty cool but I wasn't literally saying "tell me about it" I was saying "tell me about it" as in "I know what you mean!" making a stupid joke about the Gamefreak offices as they appear in Pokemon RBY.
>>
>>28365843
tajiri last game as crystal he probaly dont care for pokemon anymore
>>
Friendlyrreminder that they've been failing to deliver on a main game ever since gen 3 so if anything it's more likely that you hypers are going to get BTFO.
>>
>>28362375
is pokemon the only game where "muh post game!" is moaned about to this level? i swear i don't even hear the word post-game except in the context of pokemon games. there's an entire online mode once you've beaten the main story with massive amounts of customisation involved from the pokemon, ability, moves and battle format. you can complete your pokedex and other shit too.

i swear pokemon is the only game where this complaining about "post game" happens. it's embarrassing.
>>
>>28367591
Online on cart is shit. Showdown is the only acceptable alternative and thats an internet battle sim on browsers.

Most people have living dex by now so that other argument is moot.

Try sucking that GF dick harder kalosperm
>>
>>28367641
yeah you're just proving that postgamefags are embarrassing. literally no other game series out there with an around 30 hour campaign mode, endless multiplayer and other stuff (like the dex) is whined about by a bunch of no-life manchildren like this.
>>
>>28367685
Wow, nice retort by calling actual fans of this franchise "no lifes". I bet you call people beating you in mutliplayer games "no lifes" as well because its just a game xD.
>>
File: d3887.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d3887.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>28367641
>Online on cart is shit.
?
>>
>>28367591

I think it's important to some degree at least. Pokemon is just one of those games you want to keep playing and stay with the Pokemon you've been buddies with but sometimes the promise of online just isn't enough, especially if you're not particularly into competitive play.

X/Y and ORAS did fall short on postgame quite a bit, BW2 and all of Gen IV had lots of postgame and it was juicy. Something like that again would be great.
>>
>>28365004
>who cares

>same person who complains about oras and xy most likely
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.