[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>must have 6 Pokemon at all times >must have shift battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-279Pelipper.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-279Pelipper.png
48KB, 250x250px
>must have 6 Pokemon at all times
>must have shift battle style set to on
>must keep whole team at same level whenever possible
>can swap out a mon for a new mon whenever

After having played through gen 6 and now going back to 5 doing this, I think this is a nice balance of difficulty. It's not grindy like a Nuzlocke would be, but needing to maintain a full team of 6 at roughly the same level can lead to some nice challenge here and there. Plus you find unexpected bros real quick after having to use shitmons to keep a team of 6 going.

Any of you guys have similarly autistic ways of playing through the campaigns that you've adopted throughout the years?
>>
>>28355999
Nice trips
I basically do the same, but with a few differences:
>No type overlap; secondary type overlapping with primary type is acceptable but looked down upon
>Can't be from the same route, gotta build the team only out of the most bro-tier material, even if it means getting to the E4 with 5 'mons
>All must be in the normal Pokeball

Pretty basic stuff, I think
>>
I'm a nickname guy. I always have a theme for my names, for example my last play through I did, all of my mons names were that of various mountains/volcanos around the world.
>>
>>28356197
I did that once, it was a Y nuzlocke that was far bloodier than it needed to be. All the names were from the game Destiny, and the only survivor was an Aurorus named after The Undying Mind (pic related) funnily enough.
>>
>>28355999

>Use only same six Pokemon for run.
>Level up everyone five levels at a time.
>Shift Battle off.
>Pokeballs only.
>Everyone has their numbered place.
>>
>six Pokemon only
>no overlapping types
>try to keep things equally leveled but let things land as they do
>use HM's so I don't have to bother swapping, Cut's the only useless one anyways
>use shit like Pass Powers and EXP Share as I wish or not

Do this in every Pokemon game
>>
>>28356197
That's how I do nicknames, without a theme it's too difficult coming up with good names for everyone.

Current nuzlocke run is greek philosophers, also works as a casual learning tool to remind me of their ideas.
>>
>>28355999
>>28356160

Isn't that how you're supposed to play? I always play like that and I enjoyed Gen 6 thoroughly
>>
I like to play with the rule of not using items during battle. Not being able to easily heal up and cure troublesome status like paralysis, confusion, burn and sleep actually make me think about my moves sometimes. Allowing opponent trainers to use items while I can't also kinda even out their small teams a bit.

You gain so much money during the game anyway that you can pretty much out-heal the opponents and they can't do shit about it.
>>
>>28355999

That's what i always did ever since i began with Pokemon Red.

The only difference is that the second i saw what set style meant, I've played with that style ever since

I like not knowing what pokemon the other will send next
>>
>>28356197
>>28356469
>>28357305
It's interesting. I do the complete opposite. Every Pokemon on my team gets named on an individual basis. Some names are references, some are random inspiration, some are jokes, some are just regular names that fit, etc. I like the variety it gives me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.