[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think of your least favorite gen, got it? Now say what you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1301367918012.png (86KB, 730x600px) Image search: [Google]
1301367918012.png
86KB, 730x600px
Think of your least favorite gen, got it?
Now say what you think it did the best out of the other gens

Can also do the opposite with your favorite gen if you want.
>>
File: kek.png (324KB, 400x684px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
324KB, 400x684px
>>28344998
>Gen 6
>it ended so fast
Thank You Lord Jesus!!
>>
>>28344998
It was decent considering when it was made.
>>
Genwun

Gengar is a pretty tight design all things considered
>>
>>28344998
D/P

Physical/Special split
>>
Gen 6 lasted for a blink, thank god.
>>
>>28345022
>xDD le funny gen 6 hate
Fuckin get over yourself and stop trying to fit in
>>
>>28344998
>Gen 6
>Online multiplayer
>>
File: 690967822.png (268KB, 600x533px) Image search: [Google]
690967822.png
268KB, 600x533px
Best and milfest champion
>>
>>28345070
>xxddd le ironic shit
Please go back to /v/ and never come back.
>>
>>28344998
>Generation I

It started the franchise.
>>
Gen 2
Only game that lets you collect more than 8 badges
>>
>>28344998
Gen 4, best starters, worst regional dex
>>
>>28345084
now for my fav gen
Johto's dex still gives me nostalgia but it's objectively pretty shit and barren
>>
>>28344998
>least favorite
Gen 2. At least it started the whole multiple generations thing.
My favorite was 4, but it was too slow.
>>
>Gen 1

If it wasnt for it we wouldnt have Pokemon
>>
File: it is terminal.png (152KB, 400x570px) Image search: [Google]
it is terminal.png
152KB, 400x570px
>>28345070
>>
Johto.

Gave us dark and steel types.
>>
>>28344998
Gen 2.
It did the second best version of the Kanto battle themes, only beaten by its own remake.
>>
Gen 6
A real answer
It's gave us the most comprehensive breeding and training tool to date (although it looks like Alola's gonna blow that out of the water) and made competitive teams way more accessible
>>
>>28345190
Now for my favorite:
While Gen 5 is my favorite gen, the lack of previous gen pokemon in BW is a major downside, and gen 5 would be a lot further down my list if not for B2W2.
>>
It's not that I don't like gen 5, I just didn't play it as much as I have the other games. I have black and white2 but I only played through the stories. I remember really liking how they started adding in more 'cut scenes' and the changed perspective on the bridges.
I honestly can't remember why I didn't play them avidly, probably no friends to play with.
>>
>>28344998
>gen 3
>Best addition to the series (abilities)
I wouldn't call the phys/special split an addition rather than a late bugfix that shit was so obvious why did it take the 4 gens to figure this out.
>>
>>28345286
I thought that was the coolest thing about BW, not knowing what was gonna' be in the grass in every new location was cool
>>
>>28345022
Kill yourself retard, you're not funny and never will be funny.
>>
>>28344998
It started the series. So there's that.
>>
>>28345435
>Kill yourself
Go kill me yourself, you lazy cunt. Let's see what happens, you bitchboi
>>
>gen 1
It set the stepping stones for a great series and has really nice childhood memories associated with it, even though the second playthrough as an adult was really unenjoyable to me
>>
>>28345456
Not worth it, you're gonna end up doing it yourself anyway.
>>
>>28344998
Gen 6
This is legitimately pretty difficult for me, I honestly cant think of a thing. I guess I'll say the GTS. Though I never really use it.

Gen 2/HGSS
Lore

>>28345070
>>28345435
lel
>>
>>28345423
I'm the type that looks up everything and plans my team ahead of everything. Locking it to gen 5 only greatly hindered the type of team I could build.
>>
gen V

didn't like the world map, didn't like the plot, didn't think the game was all that challenging

some of my favorite pokemon designs though (scolipede, leavanny, volcarona, ferrothorn, carracosta)
>>
File: demi.jpg (19KB, 267x261px) Image search: [Google]
demi.jpg
19KB, 267x261px
>>28345498
well I'm gonna live just to spite you and your shitty gen 6
>>
>>28344998
I don't like Gen 2 mostly for the starters and most of the mons introduced along with baby pokemon, but man do I love me some steel types.
>>
>>28344998
Gen 4
special split
Distortion World
All the legendaries and events
>>
Sinnoh Underground let you get more than one fossil/evo stone of each type
>>
BW - only new Pokemon in the story
BW2 - PWT, and the post game in general
Also, the lack of required HMs.

They did a lot of things right actually, but I found them unremarkable overall. I might've just been burnt out on Pokemon.
>>
Gen 3
Lots of good pokémon, most of them, but many have shit learnsets, are rare, or only obtainable late like Tropius, Walrein or stuff like the Exploud line, which is dreadfully boring to use early on.
It also had nice "hidden" stuff like Shedinja or the Regis.
>>
Least fave: Gen 2. Story and roster lineup is shite compared to other gens. Massively overrated in my opinion.

I liked the post game (Giving us the OG region to play through was a good idea even though it was half-assed)

Fave: Gen 3. Mostly due to nostalgia, cuz I am a fag like that. Emerald was my 1st game. During high school I had a falling out with the franchise, I thought playing Pokemans was not edgy and kewl enough for me, but once I found out about the Gen 3 remakes, the nostalgia hit me hard, I pulled out my old 3DS and bought Omega Ruby that very day, and that's when I realized how much this franchise means to me and my childhood. I can thank Gen 3 and their remakes for helping me realize this and I am forever grateful.

Idfk if I dislike anything from gen 3, my nostalgia glasses might be on so I might be missing something cancerous with this gen. If yall have any ideas, please tell me.
>>
>>28344998
Gen 3 is my least favorite by far

It added abilities though which is cool
>>
>>28345899
>Objective
STILL no physical/special split for fuck's sake gamefreak
>Subjective
I fucking hate water. Loved the trumpets tho.
>>
I like Fairy-type
>>
It had the best soundtrack. (only GSC though, HGSS's is terrible)

Too bad the rest of gen 2 was utter shit.
>>
Triple battles were cool I guess
>>
For what it's worth, even though Gen 6 had a small as fuck dex, I really like almost all of the new Pokemon it introduced. Didn't feel like there was much filler. There were only a few new Pokemon that I'd personally consider stinkers, but that's much better than say, having a good third or fourth of the dex being ugly as sin, like Gen 5. I guess for me, I'd call Gen 6 the most consistent/solid in terms of new Pokemon designs. Not counting Megas though, because most of those are pretty ugly.
>>
File: 1467458239127.gif (572KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
1467458239127.gif
572KB, 500x705px
>>28344998
>gen 6
streamlined breeding and online

>gen 5
one has easy mode, the other has hard mode. you have to link both versions to trade modes.
>>
>>28344998
>Gen II
Introduced a lot of staple features into the franchise.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.