[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a Pokémon from a different dimension/universe. We

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: UB.jpg (38KB, 673x481px) Image search: [Google]
UB.jpg
38KB, 673x481px
It's a Pokémon from a different dimension/universe. We know that literal garbage can turn into Pokemon due to some magical reason so why are you all assuming this thing won't be playable with at some point in the game? They never specifically say in the website "they're not Pokemon". They just say they're mysterious new entities.

It's gonna be a Pokemon with some crazy BST.
>>
>>28337770
It's gonna be something similar to a Pokemon, but not exact.

Calling it now, there will be a separate "Ultra Beast" PC for when you capture them, and you won't do it with Pokeballs. They'll probably be held with dimensional cubes or something. And they'll have Aether type.
>>
it's not listed under the pokemon section, retard.
and if the theories about lillie being UB-01, I highly doubt we'll be able to catch it.
>>
>>28337770
Ignoring for a second that the BW2 creatures weren't Pokemon, the aliens you fight in it are exactly called that even in the game's context: not Pokemon, but aliens.
Humans exist, Pokemon exist. Nothing says a third force can't exist.

>but how can you distinguish between an external creature and a Pokemon
How can you distinguish between the average American and a Grey? From the point of view of a Pokemon, a Grey is just a smaller, big headed, grey human.
>>
File: url.gif (4KB, 324x179px) Image search: [Google]
url.gif
4KB, 324x179px
here are my top theories

1. they will be a race of creatures more like humans than pokemon. they will be capable of training pokemon and act as npc characters.

2. they will be more like mega stones than pokemon. they will attach to pokemon or humans and cause them to become "ultra". ub-01 looks like it could attach onto something and gamefreak has started making more and more different forms of existing pokemon to avoid creating endless new pokemon.

3. they are simply a set of very unique (legendary?) pokemon that are being hyped in a strange way. this seems unlikely but gamefreak has done things like this before.

4. they are mindless creatures you battle as part of the plot, more like pokestar studio monsters than pokemon. this would be rather underwhelming imo.
>>
File: ghost.png (1KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
1KB, 300x270px
>>28337770
>why are you all assuming this thing won't be playable with at some point in the game
"Campaign only" is a possibility
>>
>>28337770
I think it's nice Pokemon expands a little.

The idea of there being other worldly beings that don't have Pokemon DNA could change things drastically.

>>28338780
Pretty much this.
>>
>>28338987
jesus christ you should spoiler stuff like that

you almost gave me a heart attack
>>
File: UB-01.png (65KB, 451x593px) Image search: [Google]
UB-01.png
65KB, 451x593px
>>28337770
>Why are you all assuming this thing won't be playable?
For starters, it's listed as an "Ultra Beast", not a Pokemon. It isn't on the Pokemon page on the website at all; rather, it's under its own page for other Ultra Beasts. They also didn't reveal its type or its ability, which they've done with every other pokemon shown in these trailers.

While I REALLY hope that it's a playable pokemon and that Ultra Beast is just a title (like Legendary or Mythical), I feel like it won't be. That being said, I also don't think it's gonna be a fightable boss thing like the ghost pokemon in gen 1 or the Pokestar holograms; if it were, we would still know its typing/ability. Chances are it will just be a story element, which is extremely lame.

In general though, I'm hoping we can get it one way or another. It's a qt.
>>
>>28339172
Why does it have to have a type/ability, though?
>>
>>28339199
Because all pokemon have types/abilities. That's what makes a pokemon a pokemon.
>>
>>28339228

Then what if it doesn't have a type or ability, and what if when you fight it it uses moves that no Pokemon have or can ever obtain?
>>
>>28338946
>4. they are mindless creatures you battle as part of the plot, more like pokestar studio monsters than pokemon. this would be rather underwhelming imo.
I don't find that underwhelming but I do find it the most likely conclusion. Boss battles.
>>
>>28338780
>From the point of view of a Pokemon, a Grey is just a smaller, big headed, grey human.
From the point of view of a Pokémon, humans are merely another pokémon species. As animals view us in real life.
>>
>>28338632
Nobody will ever respond to this or find a proper rebuttal, because they can't find an argument against it.

Why isn't UB-01 in with Tapu Koko, Solgaleo, the starters, Type: Null, etc.? The box legendaries have their own page. Tapu Koko has its own page (I think). Why isn't UB-01 in the category of Pokemon too? It has its own page like NPC characters do.
>>
>>28338780
>Ignoring for a second that the BW2 creatures weren't Pokemon, the aliens you fight in it
Never played it. What aliums?
>>
>>28337770
I think it is part of an evil lifeform like D-Reaper in Digimon Tamers.
>>
>>28339252
Then it wouldn't make much sense; there's no reason for an attack to simply not have any stats tied to it; even if we never get it, it would still have "attacks" attached to it with the same data that attacks are attached to pokemon. It would also still technically have a type and ability, even if they are totally unique in that they do nothing, they would still technically be there as long as it's in a battle. Also, there have been countless situations where a pokemon is previously unheard of in science and no other human besides the player has seen it, yet said pokemon still have a type, ability, and moves. There's no reason for it to not have these things if it can be fought one way or another.
>>
File: 1472280714161.png (177KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1472280714161.png
177KB, 500x375px
>ultra beasts are abominations originated by Cyrus trying to create his perfect world
>>
File: Beheeyem0.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Beheeyem0.png
44KB, 250x250px
>>28339333
God, I wish Beheeyem wasn't so useless.
>>
>>28337770
>UB-01
That means, there will be at least 10 of its kind.
>>
>>28339405
I know Beheeyem and Elgyem, I've got them on my living dex, but they are pokémon.

Other anon was refering to something that isn't a pokémon.
>>
I think it s tied to Marshadow and the universe. If you think we have pokemon referring to sun and moon, the sun and the moon are tied to our planet earth. Marshadow should be a legendary pokemon tied to Mars, an other planet of the solar system, not related to our planet, probably he would bring in our planet with him some extraterrestrian pokemon from other parts of the universe, probably from mars
>>
I'm thinking they'll be sort of like Lovecraftian Eldritch Abominations. Incredibly powerful creatures distinct from humans and Pokemon that you could never hope to control, although obviously for the sake of gameplay they wouldn't be as destructive as any of the Great Old Ones are described to be. They'll be there as something to fight off, hopefully a challenging fight, and as a plot element.
>>
>>28338946
>4. they are mindless creatures you battle as part of the plot, more like pokestar studio monsters than pokemon. this would be rather underwhelming imo.
Given how it says they don't have emotions and survive on instinct that's the most likely case.
I'm just kind of wondering though, what if they're multiversal white blood cells because people have been abusing Infinity Energy.
>>
File: alien.png (34KB, 604x461px) Image search: [Google]
alien.png
34KB, 604x461px
>>28339333
Plus there's other enemies that are called monsters but look exactly like you would believe an alien looks.
>>
>>28339753
That's a sexy ayy lmao
>>
File: 657.gif (148KB, 177x120px) Image search: [Google]
657.gif
148KB, 177x120px
>>28339803
>>
>>28339616
>Given how it says they don't have emotions
No it doesn't.
It says it's unknown if it has emotions or not.
>>
File: 679.gif (91KB, 135x186px) Image search: [Google]
679.gif
91KB, 135x186px
>>28340100
>>
>>28339753
Um, anon, those aren't actually aliens. It's a movie, those are props, please seek help before you are unable to distinguish between movies and reality.
>>
>>28339753
>Iron Ball

For what purpose?
>>
>>28340162
These were more or less fights with special win conditions. Some of the films required you to just stay alive for 'x' turns, some required you to take out the opponent before something happens, stuff like that. The items and movesets of the opponents are supposed to make it tricky.
>>
>>28340162
I think there was an ending that required you to get it onto the UFO.
Man I need to replay Pokestar. That shit was great.
>>
>>28339311

I think it may be just a boss. It's a good idea, really. They could make for challenges much more interesting than just fighting fellow Pokemon. Like Pokestar Studios but less about little trolling puzzles, and more like a real RPG boss encounter.
>>
>>28338780
Perhaps UB don't have traditional moves, abilities, or types?
>>
>>28340222
Yeah, you were given a Reuniclus with Trick and a Krokorok with Earthquake. So you trick the Iron Ball onto the UFO so you could Earthquake it.
>>
>>28337770
These are the same games to feature Zygarde Cell and Zygarde Core, which are Pokémon that cannot be used in battle.
>>
>>28337837
go jerk off, your sperm has filled your brain and now you vomit from your mouth...
>>
File: 1459212263324.png (225KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1459212263324.png
225KB, 1500x1500px
>>28340100
>>
Ultra Beasts are from the distant past, when humans and pokemon were not divided.
>>
>>28340429
Cell is described as not a Pokemon and we don't know if we can use Core yet.
>>
They are Pokémon but for the majority of the game they will be considered as non-Pokémon. At a later point in the game you will gain an upgrade to your Pokédex and a means to capture them and they'll be considered Pokémon from that point onwards.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.