[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did she get BTFO'd on getting an evolution in Gen 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

File: 124Jynx.png (150KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
124Jynx.png
150KB, 431x431px
Why did she get BTFO'd on getting an evolution in Gen 4 when the other two members of her trio got one?
>>
>>28334341
Because they're not a trio.
>>
Because Magmar and Electabuzz were just outclassed fire and electric pokémons, respectively. Jynx is not only much more viable but also unique in her type combination.
>>
>>28334341
Because GF randomly decided that Jynx and Mr. Mime were a duo now.

It's dumb
>>
>>28334341
they are embarrassed by the skin color shit so will bury the entire mon forever
same deal with porygon line never ever being in the anime again
>>
>>28334361
/thread
>>
I never thought she was a trio with them. I thought they were a duo and she was a duo with Mr.Mime.
>>
>>28334341
Because even GF is aware of how shit its design is, so they try not to acknowledge it more than they have to.
>>
They should have given her an evolution that had a stereotypical viking helmet and was based on an opera singer.
>>
>>28334448
Never got that impression since Scyther was smack in-between them in Natdex number.

Triofags at least have the excuses of babymons and in-order placement.
>>
>>28334448
You thought wrong. They were a trio with the fire/thunder/ice punch moves. The Mr. Mime thing came later when they didn't want to deal with the controversy.
>>
>>28334341
Alolan hula dancer jynx when?
>>
>>28334374
This, desu. I think it's pretty obvious.

>Both are dual types.
>Both are Psychic types.
>Both are humanoid.
>Both have similar features, like the arms.

But I don't think it's dumb. It should have been like that since the beggining. Mr. Mime should be male only to complement Jynx being female only.
>>
>>28334341
https://web.archive.org/web/20080925070143/http://hk.geocities.com/hksar_dolphin/cbw1.htm
>>
>>28334341
Because Jynx is based on a dated sub-culture and part of its design draws heavily from racist imagery - which isn't a problem in Japan where blackface is very much still a thing.
You can't actually evolve Jynx because of what it is based on since it would mean going further with the subject which is a very risky idea... Unless someone on the design team figures a way to work Jynx into something else entirely while still staying faithful to the concept behind it... Which is a lot more work than just making new Pokemon and would simply be doing it for the sake of it which is a bad approach when making anything.
>>
>>28334376
What happens in the anime?
>>
File: tumblr_m64jdmu8XC1r9z7cgo4_500.jpg (34KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m64jdmu8XC1r9z7cgo4_500.jpg
34KB, 450x338px
>>28334622
Wrong. It was based on a trend in Japan at the time. This picture being an extreme side of the trend.
>>
>>28334341

Game freak had no plans for Jynx to evolve
>>
Because frosslass is the new jynx
>>
>>28334792
>based on a dated sub-culture
I literally said that, mate. It has an incredibly loose reference to Ganguro girls. I know someone on bulbapedo wrote a blog about it, but it's got some sort of black, Opera singer thing happening as well. I can't fathom why it's ice/psychic type. It must have something else that no one has figured out yet.
>>
magmar and electabuzz are a duo

mr. mime and jynx are a duo

that's why the former got prevos and evos, while the later only got evos.
>>
>>28334448
Maybe if Mr. Mime was male only...
>>
>>28334622
Yet Plumeria is a ganguro
>>
I call b.s she was part of a trio with them she even got her baby evo alongside them..
>>
>>28334857

It's based off a Yama-Uba, a yokai that looks like a blond haired woman in a red kimono that has control over snow
>>
>>28334711
The episode in which porygon debuts, some "lightning"caused by porygon and pikachu's thunderbolt was TOO bright and flashy. and caused over 700 convulsions in japan, banning porygon forever from the anime. This was way back in the 90's.

There are similar issues like this, like earthquake not being used again since I dont know what season. Since its too traumatic for people who actually suffered through these, and not looking at them as a simple poke-attack
>>
>>28334913
Maybe, though she looks a lot more like the Hispanic, voodoo skull sort of guys. I've been watching a lot of Lucha Libre recently and she has the same aesthetics going on as a lot of them.

>>28334967
Thank you, anon. I really need to read my Yokai book sometime.
>>
>>28334374
Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime are counterparts though. Jynx has nothing.
>>
>>28334897
pre-evos, you mean
>>
>>28334897
Please pay attention to what you say

Jynx, magmar, and electabuzz are together in the national Dex. They are also a trio in that they each learn every move in their respective element pools at all times for ice fire and electric, not psychic necessarily.

Then all three of them get prevos that are together in the national Dex AND their johto numbers for their families are all next to each other. Notably, jynx is between electabuzz and magmar, while Mr mime is after electabuzz with no prevo
>>
>>28335353
but magmar and electabuzz are single typed pokemon while jynx and mr mime are dual types

: D
>>
>>28334361
They were until gen II wheree the three of them got a prevo together.
>>
>>28335353
This

>>28335402
My nigga bulbasaur is dual type and he's part of a trio stfu please and thanks
>>
>>28335402
There are also zero single ice types until generation three, they probably noticed that ice as a type sucked by itself so they made jynx dual typed
>>
>>28334374
They were always performers only available from in-game trade while Magmar and Electabuzz were elemental monsters found in the wild.
>>
>>28335561
>GF
>Realizing anything sucks
LOL
>>
File: KazumaKaneko-Skadi.jpg (236KB, 1372x2720px) Image search: [Google]
KazumaKaneko-Skadi.jpg
236KB, 1372x2720px
>>28334967
Oh damn, really? I just thought it was Skadi, an Ice titaness
>>
>>28335062
>There are similar issues like this, like earthquake not being used again since I dont know what season
Advanced Generation, an episode featuring Whiscash.

And the Porygon thing was ... in no way Porygon's fault. Pikachu used Thunderbolt on an Antivirus missle that TEAM ROCKET was launching.

Jesse, James, and Pikachu caused the seizure-inducing explosion.
Porygon did nothing wrong.
>>
>>28334544
>>28334448
Mr. Mine never had anything to do with Jynx.

Jynx used to be in a trio with Electabuzz and Magmar. Mr. Mine was only ever paired up with Sudowoodo because of their evolutionary methods.
>>
>>28335062

This chinese dude I knew actually got to watch it when it aired as a kid

He didn't even realize anything bad had happened once the sequence was over
>>
>>28334967
Neat!

Which Yokai are Magmar and Electabuzz based on? Since they're obviously a trio and all.
>>
>>28334589
Mr. Mime didn't have the dual typing in gen IV, but the rest are good points
>>
File: 220px-Karura_of_Kofukuji.jpg (26KB, 220x443px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Karura_of_Kofukuji.jpg
26KB, 220x443px
>>28336663

Electabuzz is based off an oni that wore a tiger skin that was associated with lightning.

Magmar is based off a Karura, a humanoid birdlike creature from buddhist legend that could breathe fire
>>
>>28334589
those are terrible points. those are things they have in common, not evidence for being counterparts you fucking mongoloid. mr mime didnt even have two types until gen 6

>they both have arms

are you actually reaching this far? for fucksakes people here are complete idiots.

There's more evidence for jynx, electabuzz, and magmar being a trio in gens 1 - 2 than anything, although I agree that this ended in gen 2. that doesn't mean jynx has or needs a counterpart
>>
Evo idea: It becomes sort of a mix of Ursula from The Little Mermaid(tentacle dress) and Japanese horror movie ghosts(long "seaweed" hair covering face) Call it Abysscylla.
>>
>>28336663
Electabuzz is Lum Invader.
>>
File: 478Froslass[1].png (758KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
478Froslass[1].png
758KB, 1280x1280px
Game Freak wants to forget about Jynx, so instead of giving her an evo, they made Froslass.
>>
>>28336808
nice reading comprehension retard
>>
>>28334372

electabuzz was always a great uu mon that was usable in OU. At least in the first couple gens.
>>
>>28337353
The handears ruin it.
>>
>>28337353
well thank god for that
and i'm glad snorunt finally got a decent evolution too
>>
>>28337353
Froslass is a Yuki Onna and has absolutely no relation to Jynx at all.
That's like saying that Game Freak wants to forget about Bulbasaur so they made Oddish.
>>
>>28335474

Yeah no, they were never a trio.
>Electabuzz and Magmar are version exclusives, Jynx isn't
>Electabuzz and Magmar are single typed, Jynx is dual typed
>Electabuzz and Magmar are called Boober and Eleboo in Japanese, while Jynx is Roguela
>>
>>28336728
Duofags BTFO
>>
>>28336808
No, Mr. Mime was human-esque male, Jynx was human-esque Female. That made them counterparts back in gen1.
>>
>>28335186

Just because they got evo/prevo at the same time doesn't make them counterparts retard.
>>
>>28337615
Jynx is a version exclusive technically in Japan.

You could only get Electabuzz in the wild in Red, and Magmar in Green. Wild Jynx could only be found in Japanese Blue- in the other two games you needed the trade.
>>
>>28337645
Mr. Mime was never male only, retard. It's not like Latios or Tauros or Goodra.
>>
>>28337678

That's not what version exclusive means.
>>
>>28336637
Of course, not everyone is as photosensitive. 700 incidents is a small considering given how literally millions of kids would be watching it at that time. But still, it cannot be ignored.

>>28336610
Oh yeah, porygon wasn't actually involved during the exact moment, but they were all in "his world" and the episode was about him, not mentioning they were all riding him and was the easiest thing to recover.

If porygon had appraed before that point, he would still be in the anime, but have it be the exact episode where he debuted and everyone was riding a giant version of him, of course he got banned. Pikachu was seen before, and nothing happened, Jesse/James were seen before, and nothing happened. This new pink/blue guy appeared? SEIZURES.
>>
>anyone voting to get rid of Stealth Rock
Spot the cartfags who think that SR is still the Smogon handshake. It is literally necessary to stop Talonflame from stomping a fucking mudhole in the tier. And it doesn't even do that all that well.
>>
>>28337717
Yes it is

List off the Black and White versions exclusives for me.
>>
>>28337703
>female goodra

NIGGA what
>>
>>28334341
because jynx is so much better than the other two that she's still the best of the trio even after they got evos.
>>
File: BW exclusives.png (51KB, 369x618px) Image search: [Google]
BW exclusives.png
51KB, 369x618px
>>28337865

What about them?
>>
>>28337597
Yama-Uba and Yuki-onna have a lot of cross over
>>
>>28337703
>there were genders in gen 1
reddit unovabortion pls go
>>
>>28334341
>trio

Headcanon always manages to make me laugh.
>>
>>28338292
That's what I'm saying, retard. It was never male only.
>>
>>28338292

I dunno, seems more like a hoennbaby thing.
>>
>>28338328
read the thread. They shared a lot of similarities.
>>
>>28338264
One is a hag who raised a hero and eats children, the other kills men who lie to her. The only overlap is snow and being feminine. By the same logic Eskimos are the same thing too.
>>
>>28338389

I have read the thread.
So let me repeat: Headcanon makes me laugh.
>>
It was always Magmar and Electabuzz imo.

There were a bunch of single evo mons in 120s dex wise like Scyther and Pinsir along with Jynx and Mr Mime but Magmar and Electabuzz kinda fit together as a duo, and they were single typed with neither having a type advantage.

If anything Pinsir got screwed over because Scyther got an evo later on.
>>
Because Amerifats are pussies.
>>
>>28334857
It's based on a Yokai that had frostbitten skin, white/blonde hair and lived in the snowy mountains. It's not a blackface or gangoro
>>
>>28334341
Climate change.
>>
>>28339014
Scizor should have been a stand-alone mon. Doesn't have much in common with Scyther and has the same BST.
>>
>>28334341
>>28334374
This is like what happened with Pinsir and Scyther/Heracross.
Jynx was also available in the wild in Japanese Blue to further drive home the point.
>>
>>28339593
It's literally got blackface in its design because that yokai is played by actors in blackface in Kabuki mate.
>>
>>28334622

All they have to do is either make jynx evolve into the mountain witch it was ultimately based on regardless of sub-culture or make her a Viking.

If they were serious about not advertising jynx they make its evolution and pre-evolution found in the wild early and late game and make Jynx uncatchable in the wild.
>>
What about Scyther and Pinsir? Aren't they part of that group?

Man... I really need to check again late Gen 1 dex...
>>
I have a feeling that the Gen 4 evo rehashes of old Pokemon was a precursor to the whole "Mega Pokemon" idea in Gen 6.
All those Pokemon like Rhyperior, Tangrowth, etc. were supposed to Megas but they were just toying with the idea at the time.

If anything, there will be a Mega Jynx but after the retarded controversy about it, I doubt Jynx will ever see the light of day again, especially now in the Age of SJWs.
>>
>>28344828

I don't even think they will be doing Megas anymore. It's all about Alolan formes now.

Alola Jynx could be a hula girl or some dumb shit but I doubt it.
>>
>>28334341
Some 90s SJW wrote a critical review and Nintendo got scared. Same reason they canned Brock in the anime. Difference between Jynx and Brock being that people actually liked Brock to begin with, and Jynx couldn't even be caught outside of Japanese Blue in gen 1.
>>
>>28346130
What was wrong with Brock???
>>
>>28338936
You mean like Mew learning Crabhammer?
>>
>>28334579
But we already have Bellossom
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.