[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smogon has two glaring flaws: its silly bans (this does not mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: b101_logo[1].png (23KB, 442x342px) Image search: [Google]
b101_logo[1].png
23KB, 442x342px
Smogon has two glaring flaws: its silly bans (this does not mean evasion clause or other common sense items). And stall.

How do we fix this?
>>
>>28333813
Simple. We kill the Batman.
>>
>>28333813
VGC Rules.
>>
>>28333826
Fuck off
>>
Smogon has gone way past the point of fixing, the only way is for showdown to get shut down
>>
>>28333813
We have this thread every time. We explain off Smogon's reasons for banning/restricting each prohibited aspect. We explain how people are ignorant to stallbreakers and list a number of them. The thread dies because people are enlightened or realize they can't argue anymore. Someone makes a new thread complaining about the same things.

Just go look in the archive for past Smogon-centered threads.
>>
>>28334084
>implying

This thread does come up often, and they do dry up, but only because smogonfags cannot defend their shit ruleset at all, and nor can others find an adequate way to unfuck it.
>>
>>28334149
It's quite the opposite. And I know because I'm one of the people who explains it every fucking thread and wait for people to attempt to debate me (and they don't, leaving the thread to die).
>>
>>28334189
>threads on 4chan die
who'd have thought? Not everyone has the time to sit down for hours and talk here without stopping
>>
>>28334239
You're focusing on the fact that they die rather than the fact that people stop replying.
>>
>>28334189
>put up bullshit and claim it's 'debate-worthy explanation'
>wonder why no one replies
>>
>>28334294
>if I call it bullshit it's bullshit
>>
>Smogon

Slowpoke here. can somebody explain to me what that means? I've only recently returned to playing Pkmn again and I'm not up-to-date since I dropped everything after Gen 3. I know that Smogon is the german name of Koffing. but that's all I know.
>>
>>28334322
And vice versa back atcha, dingus.
>>
>>28334382
It strikes me you have the gall to say that, since you're the one making the baseless assumption in the first place.
>>
>>28334371
competitive pokemon organization.
>>
>>28333813
Make your own silly bans so even your retarded ass can beat stall.
>>
>>28334371
Online community and unofficial competitive battle format. They have some great resources online but are known to be very ban-happy.
>>
>>28334263
I don't really know what you mean, if people stop replying to a thread then it will die, regardless of the reason they stopped replying. /vp/ has been a lot faster lately so it happens quicker
>>
>>28333813
stop playing with smogon rules?

Smogon rules only apply on smogon, if you hate them then don't play on smogon
>>
Singles is just such a boring format, the only reason we havent jumped to doubles yet is because noone knows how to play it and is afraid of change.
>>
>>28334491
OP doesn't actually battle at all.
>>
>>28334450
>regardless of the reason they stopped replying

I am talking about the reason. The mechanics of the board are of no consequence.

>anon makes thread complaining about smogon
>other anons chime in that yeah they don't get it
>I see thread and comments and reply to everyone in a big post or several posts explaining each aspect and giving information and advice
>no discussion thereafter
>>
>>28334499
>we
Fuck off sub 1400 shitter, you're not part of our group
>>
>>28334409
>>28334433

oh, so it's unofficial. I see, thanks.
>>
>>28333813
You literally just have to ban restorative moves, all protect moves and leftovers. There, stallfags gets BTFO'd and a healthier metagame is born.
>>
>>28333813
Stall is fine, there is nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>28333813
Fist you increase all moves Base Power. All of them. This kills the stall, since they often survive by only a small margin.

Next, you introduce a bunch of new pokemon, all of which remove or change fundamental aspects of the game and change the way you play. This way, their ban lists would look stupid and overblown because they have a vision of what the game should look like that isn't even close to the real thing. Make 3 new Shadow Tag pokemon, make one that suppresses abilities and items as long as it's on the field, make one that has builtin quick claw, make one that reduces accuracy of all moves both used by and against it, make one that turns battles into Inverse when on the field, make one that turns all healing into hurting yourself. Introduce them all at once, they'd look like fools if they banned nearly an entire generation like that. If they do, people will see them like those guys who still play Smash Bros. Melee and move on to a different community that is willing to get with the times and play with all this stuff smogon considers "Uncompetetive".
>>
>>28334552
>Nothing wrong with 300 turn games that take more than an hour to play.
I like to be able to do more than 2 battles a night. I have a job, I can't put up with battles like that. Also, it's not fun. If you think stall is fun you are messed up in the head and probably a sperg.
>>
>>28334527
>our
fuck off scrublord, the real pro group is talking here
>>
>>28334631
You can enter the queue multiple times at once.
>>
>>28334710
That doesn't change the fact that I randomly lose because I work 12 hours shifts and don't get as much free time.
>>
>>28333813
Don't use Smogon. There, problem solved.
>>
File: 1JeYTo0.png (20KB, 825x520px) Image search: [Google]
1JeYTo0.png
20KB, 825x520px
?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.