[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game outright says he's a villain team enforcer like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 4pHqVtJ.png (130KB, 367x684px) Image search: [Google]
4pHqVtJ.png
130KB, 367x684px
>game outright says he's a villain team enforcer like Proton, etc.
>lel he is rival guys!

I swear does the fandom even know what a rival is?
>>
File: N thumbs up.gif (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
N thumbs up.gif
138KB, 640x480px
>>
If you run into him and battle him multiple times, he's basically the same thing as a rival.
Why does it matter so much to you?
>>
>>28331206
>he thinks N is a rival

I want you to look up what a rival means anon, since you and N aren't competing for a similar goal, unlike say, Cheren or Bianca

>>28331216
Grunts are rivals confirmed
>>
>>28331185
>What is Silver
>What is N
>>
>>28331227
But Silver IS a rival, the fuck are you on?

N isn't. He doesn't collect badges to fight you in the Road.

Are you one of those pokefags that think "rival is a douche kid", missing the entire point of the word itself? If you play F-Zero are you thinking the Rival character (which depends on your progress) is a douche?
>>
>>28331225
>you and N aren't competing for a similar goal
You literally are. You're both competing to become Champion and fighting for whose ideals are correct.
>>
>>28331225
N is literally striving to be the champion just like Cheren
>>
>>28331251
>He doesn't collect badges
HE BECAME CHAMPION, YOU FUCK.
>>
>>28331341
No he isn't. Wally is the best end of story. You deserve to receive the frail kid's boiling vengeance towards you.
>>
>He's not a rival!
>He's just a boy of around your age that probably fights you multiple times during the game who clearly has a goal that conflicts with your!
>>
>>28331389
So you admit to never having played BW, right? N is the character who encourages you to challenge the league, like he is.
>>
>>28331389
Good thing you fight Wally so much, right?
>>
I got it. He was a member of that aether team but he decided they were all fags so he wanted to join skull.
>>
>>28331424
I honestly the more I read people talking about/shitting on gen 5 the more I realize they didn't play it
>>
OP let me help you a bit.

First off, N is a rival as >>28331318 said. Basically you're both competing for the whole ideals/truth garbage.

However just because N is a rival, doesn't automatically mean Gladion is. Nothing in Gladion suggests he is a rival. Seriously, he screams more like fat boy/autist girl in Magma or bara dude/dark skinned girl in Aqua. They have story roles, but their roles aren't rivals.

Don't forget that this is /vp/, for some odd reason they operate in extremes and absolutes and have a tendency to generalize. It's why you get retarded shit like "alchemy theme is there, therefore this shitty starters are alchemy symbols theory is true!"

>>28331343
through different means, and it wasn't really even an "official"

>>28331421
nice headcanon

they only showed he is an enforcer, he is no more important than those in Aqua/Magma or those ninjas in BW2
>>
>>28331488
I thought it's important to note that he is one of the only people that didn't get an outline when you started the battle.

Ya boi! Did it, he might be special
>>
>>28331185
>like Proton
>>
>>28331488
>Nothing in Gladion suggests he is a rival. Seriously, he screams more like fat boy/autist girl in Magma or bara dude/dark skinned girl in Aqua.
But he's far more important than them. He would be more comparable to Zinnia, except that he doesn't wait until post-game to become relevant.
>>
>>28331507
Pretty sure officer villain encounters have special shit in them, as far as Gen IV.

Go play Galactic, I remember the named admins having special fight intros.

>>28331520
Because he has T:N and is possibly related to the psycho queen? I guess there's that, but even still, that doesn't put him in rival status.
>>
>>28331488
>they only showed he is an enforcer, he is no more important
Yeah, he totally doesn't have a super special legendary God rivaling Pokemon or anything. He's specifically stated to be a separate entity that has decided to align with Team Skull for now. That's not an admin. That's more like Zinnia or Colress.
>>
>>28331554
see my post >>28331540

I already addressed that, so I'm still leaning that he isn't rival regardless of that

good point on bringing up Colress, almost forgot about internet explorer
>>
>>28331488
>he screams more like fat boy/autist girl in Magma or bara dude/dark skinned girl in Aqua. They have story roles, but their roles aren't rivals.

>has his own special "unicorn" in type: null like N being the only one to have a legend and Zoroark in BW
>>
>>28331612

>>28331540
>>28331566
>>
>>28331540
No I mean, Gazuma has that outline thing around him (the boss) while Gladieon doesn't with the only other character doing this is Hau
>>
>>28331648
he had the skull purple background right

what about the twintails skull
>>
>>28331657
No I mean he sparkles and doesn't get that tracing and blue that goes behind him like everyone else

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Py2LxgWBaRQ
>>
Yes because Sun Moon are totally not trying to break the paterns by introducing thing like no gyms, boss and non-pokemon entity.
He's a character that has a unique Pokemon, this alone would be enough to convince you that it'll play an really important role in the story
>>
>>28331735
important role != rival

professors are important especially since Gen IV, I guess they are rivals too!
>>
>>28331735
But anon this means nothing because I said so. /s
>>
>>28331750
Fuck. I concede. I have been bested.
>>
>>28331185

Technically, in gold and silver the rival was a villain given that he outright stole his pokemon from Elm.
>>
>>28331750
>>28331764
>every thread in /vp/ when they've been proven wrong

>>28331796
this is the prime point I am making >>28331488

and regardless of that, it is established he was competing for badges too
>>
>>28331742
He's a character that as a goal that differ from yours, that you'll be fighting multiple time and that has a unique Pokemon with a specific lore. It's a N-like rival, plus remember to consider the fact that Hau take the weak starter against yours
>>
File: tumblr_m5a1d4tS5F1qh3tia.jpg (36KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5a1d4tS5F1qh3tia.jpg
36KB, 223x349px
>>28331648
>Gazuma
>Gladieon
>>
File: sour green.png (575KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sour green.png
575KB, 1280x1280px
>>28331815
>every thread in /vp/ when they've been proven wrong

You didn't prove anything. You're stating your opinions as absolute facts.
>>
I mean, look at Hugh. His personality doesn't clash with your character. The only reason he is considered a rival is because he also gathers badges.

>>28331830
N is a rival because you clash with your goal about ideals/truth, he is not a pseudo-rival. Though granted it took near the end of the game for it to show up.

>>28331860
>opinions
so what about mine are opinions
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.