[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm kind of curious /vp/. What was the last generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
I'm kind of curious /vp/.

What was the last generation of pokemon you played without looking anything up about it beforehand on the internet, saw leaks like what the final starters evo looked like, or much about the game.

Then go and rate the generations by how much you enjoy them.
>>
>>28326943
It was Gen 3, my first games. I tried doing it again for Gen 6, but I caved close to release.
>>
>>28326943
Gen 5
>>
>>28326943
Gen 3 also.
That image is triggering though, FRLG are gen 3 games, HGSS are gen 4, and ORAS are gen 6.
>>
>>28326943
3 or 4
started following pre-release stuff with Platinum.
>>
>>28326943
X and it was soooo boring
>>
>>28327183
Yep, either 5 or 3. I remember sitting on Marriland for 4 and looking for gender differences between sprites, so it's out.
>>
Every game from Gen I until the conclusion of Gen III.
>>
ORAS, do remakes count?
>>
File: 3140032_480mw.jpg (114KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
3140032_480mw.jpg
114KB, 480x640px
I think it was gen 4. Coincidentally my favorite gen.

I never looked up anything for gen 5, but I distinctly remember asking /vp/ why the fuck I kept losing to the E4 and why my Zweilous wouldn't evolve so I guess that doesn't count. Didn't know much about the plot of gen 5 beforehand.
>>
>>28326943

Soul Silver
>>
>>28326943
Unrelated, but the gaps between 3, 4, and 5 were comfy for some reason. Especially the gap between 3 and 4 since that gave us Colosseum, XD, and the first Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games. Why did this have to go to shit after gen 4? There's no good spin offs now to fill the gaps between main titles.

To answer your question, gen 3.
>>
Gen IV was completely blind, same for every generation before it.
Gen V. I only looked up exclusive features between Black and White, which included some Pokemon designs. I was surprised by the starters final forms and a lot more about the games.
I stopped playing after that, and curiosity struck me earlier this year to google "poodle pokemon." I found Furfrou and learned they actually made one, and then I looked at all the designs for XY. Dragalge convinced me to get back into the franchise. And now here I am spoiling myself on as much of Gen VII as possible.
Best generations to me are III and I.
>>
>>28327259
Remakes are still games.
>>
Gen 1 and 2 I played blind. I was a kid and all the pokemon websites talked about pokegods.

I don't remember much about the gen 3 hype but I did remember being excited about its release and emulating Sapphire on my family computer. Then I went through a hate period of all things pokemon until gen 4 and its not so subtle GSC remake hints.

super hyped for gen 5 but didn't play gen 5 until it was nearly time for gen 6. by then I had forgotten about the hype. I didn't realize it was all new pokemon on only it was awesome
>>
>>28326943
Never. I always bought the guide and knew all the pokemon beforehand. I have very little impulse control. Waiting is asking too much of me.
>>
Gen 1
If you weren't talking about Pikablu in your schoolyard before Gold and Silver were even announced in America you don't know anything.
>>
Pearl was the last game I played blind.
Platinum and Black 2 are my favorites.

While I don't look much up online, I've been following leaks since Gen V.
>>
>>28326943
Gen 4 was the last time I played without prior knowledge of anything. My rating of the gens is as follows:
Gen 5 > Gen 6 > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 1
>>
I sort of stopped caring after bw2, and only bought a 3ds when ORAS were announced, so I played X without knowing anything, really.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.