[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your honest opinion about Type: Null? It looks so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14

File: TypeNull_RGB_72dpi.png (121KB, 430x475px) Image search: [Google]
TypeNull_RGB_72dpi.png
121KB, 430x475px
What's your honest opinion about Type: Null?
It looks so weird but awesome at the same time and haven't seen people complain about it too much. Honestly I'm hyped we are finally getting a chimera.
>>
>>28324902
It annoys me because people think its type is "Null" instead of realising that's its name and its type is Normal
>>
File: Type Null.png (454KB, 1000x932px) Image search: [Google]
Type Null.png
454KB, 1000x932px
>>28324902
I love it. I think it looks incredible, for one, but the mystery/intrigue surrounding it is greater than with anything else in the leak season so far. IMHO of course. The final evos for starters be damned, I can't wait to find out more about Type: Null.
>>
My immediate reaction was disgust.
Then I understood what was going on and fell in love. Top 10.
>>
It's incredible
>>
I fucking love it.

Great concept, great execution.
>>
>>28324902
Meh-to-acceptance

Gladion having one pretty much saves it, since that kicking themesong with the crazy Seinfeld Bass is also kind of Type:Null's theme, so awesome.
>>
Really solid pokemon. Cool lore behind it and it's not a derpfag like so many other pokes revealed recently.
>>
i'm hoping that it is usable in battle. probably one of the best designs ever. genuinely surprised how consistent this generation has been in that regard, particularly in comparison to the previous two.
>>
>>28324902
Its creepy AF.
In a far more direct way than yamask and cubone's skull.

This story is starting to look too twisted for my tastes.
>>
After seeing the new trailer, my exact reaction was an audible "this shit's getting weird."

Now that it's sunk in, I fucking love it. Finally, Pokémon's treading some new ground. This gen's gonna be fresh as fuck.
>>
I fucking love everything about it. My favourite pokemon reveal thus far. The only negative thing about it so far is its ability, which doesn't have much competitive value, but it'll surely have either a different form with a different ability, or a cooler secondary ability/hidden ability.

But I think the whole summation of this pokemon has blown every other one revealed out of the water.
>>
Fucked up but in a good way
>>
>>28325107
>, since that kicking themesong with the crazy Seinfeld Bass is also kind of Type:Null's theme,
It reminds me of Mother 3's music
>>
>>28324902
Would fu... hug it all day long. I love it's design.
>>
>>28324902
I like it. If anything, I find it weird it took GF this long to make another man-made Pokemon, considering that Mewtwo and Porygon already existed for some time.
>>
>>28324902
The animu elements have taken over this franchise. It's such a clusterfuck now.
>>
>>28325311
>genesect
>>
I like him but it's sad he's being used as shitpost fodder by people that don't like the starters
>>
It is great design for what it's gonna be; so my initial disgust only proves that they designed it just right
>>
>>28324902
I have no idea why I love it so much. The lore of possibly being a rejected frankensteins monster deal here, the idea that its so powerful they have to contain it, or just the fact that its design just works so well to represent how fucked up it is
>>
Design is legit.

Name is fucking terrible.
>>
Good design :)
>>
I'm glad Game freak is bringing the creep factor and haven't succumbed to making everything lighthearted
>>
>>28325492
Considering it's name is basically an error for the pokedex, whatever you nickname it is basically the canon name for your game.
>>
>>28324902
Great concept, great execution, shit name
>>
We need lovecraftian pokemon! This is a step in the right direction, but it needs to be more horrifying and inconceivable.
>>
I think it's one of my favourite Pokemon designs ever. I just know it'll be the new lucario/greninja/edgy choice
>>
>>28324902
looks really nice. the dragon too
>>
>>28324902
I thought they announced a new type then ended up somewhat relieved
>>
Ugly as sin, but not in a badly designed way

I like the potential
>>
>>28325153
Was having a secret Pokemon Soul Harvesting factory not twisted enough for you?
>>
>>28325537
>Considering it's name is basically an error for the pokedex
>people just accept that this is true right off the bat
>>
>>28325537
Hadn't thought about it that way. Actually not too bad then.
>>
>>28325341
I'm most definitely being pedantic here, but aren't Genesect's case is more altering a Pokemon instead of creating one?
>>
>>28325537
DICKS
>>
>>28325586
I thought so too for a couple of seconds until I saw it was a Normal type.
>>
>>28325682
what?
>>
>>28325728
Sea Mauville?
>>
>>28324902
All is good and well besides that name. I hope it gets some sort of more natural name revealed later on. it's just too technical to stay like that, especially with the type: part. same goes for the jellyfish like shits just numbers.
>>
>>28325687
It's very clearly the case. What else could it mean?

It's MissingNo. canonified.
>>
>>28325537
Slam Jam is its new canon name
>>
>>28324902
>it has an Arceus ring made with Zygarde cells that limits its power
This is literally the best pokémon ever
>>
>>28325311
Magearna
>>
>>28325808
Given that it's the Synthetic/Multigene pokemon and it was made by Aether Foundation, it was Aether Foundation that named it. Type is used in its zoological context, where Type: Null has the essential characteristics of its components.

It could be Null because it's a prototype a la Unit-00 in Eva.
>>
I love it. My new favorite Pokemon so fat. Hats off to Gamefreak for trying new shit instead of the retreads from previous gens.
>>
Good concept, well executed. Not something you can say for every gimmick Pokemon.

Reminds me of Gregor Clegane from GoT, actually.
>>
>>28325858
I... completely forgot about it (her?).

In fact, now that I think about it, there's also Golett/Golurk.

... Let me shut my mouth now.
>>
>>28326100
Castform is artificial, too
>>
>>28326125
It is?
>>
It is okay. Name is somewhat gimmicky but I don't exactly hate that. There's likely a Zmove or Mega to go with it so I'll wait on that.
>>
File: type__null_by_mewhaku-dagusdh.png (544KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
type__null_by_mewhaku-dagusdh.png
544KB, 1024x769px
I want to make friends with it.
>>
Seems like a created pokemon, I think that UB-01 is one too
>>
I want to pull off that mask.
>>
>>28326263
The scientists at the weather institute made it
>>
>>28324902
It's made me curious about whether they'll add armor to Pokemon. A sort of pseudo-eviolite or limiter like movie Mewtwo.
>>
it'd make a hot bara.
>>
>>28326408
I feel like UB-01 is a Pokemon from another dimension, and not necessarily "man-made" but simply made contact with Aether during their experiments (which are probably using Infinity Energy).
>>
>>28324902

>professor! What's up with this type:null bullshit I just caught

>anon, you've discoverer a new pokémon.. You're tied with another few trainers in discovering it first. We'll submit your suggestion on what it should be called on the world weed wub"

>the name will be updated at the end of the year in the pokedex
>>
>>28324902

I feel bad for it. I want it and Gladion to have some redemption. Aether can go fuck themselves even if they do end up being 'good guys'. Though my initial reaction before seeing it's type was 'Oh god not a new type please no we just got one' followed by 'It's normal type? Boring'

>>28325025

Also this, though it wasn't really disgust so much as 'What the FUCK is that?'
>>
>>28326611

>It ends up being named Harambe
>>
I want to teach Type Null what love feels like with my benis
>>
>>28326592
If UB-01 didn't look so much like Lillie I would be willing to agree.
>>
>>28326408
>Seems like a created pokemon
No shit

>This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.

>The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.

>The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.

>To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.
>>
I hope there's an unmasked form. The description says its a speed limiter so it'd be neat if masked Null is tanky and unmasked Null loses defense to become a sweeper
>>
>>28326611
"Well well looks like HITLERSDICK is now the canon name"
>>
>>28326758
I can see this happening. Maybe they'll give it a custom Z move that attacks and changes its form for the rest of the battle, since the helmet is only supposed to reduce its power anyway.
>>
File: 1467698930729.jpg (61KB, 616x519px) Image search: [Google]
1467698930729.jpg
61KB, 616x519px
>>28324902

Wow, its a fucking digimon!
>>
>>28324977
This fanart is fucking terrible. But I agree Type: Null is super interesting.
>>
File: 350px-GGXRD_Potemkin_Portrait.png (158KB, 350x454px) Image search: [Google]
350px-GGXRD_Potemkin_Portrait.png
158KB, 350x454px
>>28326541
The perfect gjinka
>>
So if Mewtwo's Freeza and Type Null's Cell, who's Buu?
>>
>>28325311
>Baltoy and Claydol
>Castform
>Golett and Golurk
>Magearna
>Technically Banette, Trubbish and Garbodor
Theres a lot of man-made pokemon
>>
it better learn 1 of every attack type, both physical and special
>>
>>28326862
Yeah, I realized. Really regretting running my mouth off like that.
Ah well, live and learn I guess.
>>
>>28326858
Ditto?
Makuhita always looked like Buu to me
>>
>>28325792
I like the idea that you eventually get to name type null. And jelly monster isn't a Pokemon. It doesn't get a proper name.
>>
>>28326709
Sigh. Yeah probably.
>>
>>28326925
It's okay buddy, we all make mistakes. We still love you.
>>
>>28325586
I had a dumb moment where I was like "wait, so which type is it??" before I figured it out
>>
>>28324902
>That's a pretty cool pokemon. I like its style.
>I'll trade you one life stone for it.
>>
I think it's ok, but will improve vastly if we can unlock the stupid mask and it has a kick ass chimera face.
>>
>>28326909
At the very least, the types it looks like it has.
>>
>>28324902
>>28327194
Assuming the headpiece matters
>Steel and/or Rock helmet
>Flying type, feathery neck
>Dark type, body color?
>Bug type, legs
>Ghost, perhaps, based on eyes dark coloring, a stretch; taking all possibilities into consideration
>Poison type, leg pads
>Water type, tail
>Steel spikes on tail/paw pads
Mite b cool
>>
>>28324902
I like the concept.
The name is stupid. They should've just gone with Null, or just used any fucking error message that doesn't start with "Type:".
The body design is alright, though I would've preferred if it wasn't a canine.
The helmet is cool, with the arceus stuff on it.
The "hair" is a little confusing. Why is it square? Why does it have a giant mohawk? Why is the mohawk tied with the helmet's material? Why does it look like a backwards tomahawk?
The fact that it's type is just normal is super lame. This would've been the perfect opportunity to make a "???-Type" pokemon.
The fact that it doesn't get a unique ability is bullshit, considering how many new abilities they've already added.

All in all, it's alright. It's an ugly clusterfuck but that's the idea. It could've been handled better, but given what we've seen so far, it could've been a lot worse. I'm very curious to learn more about it.
>>
>>28326858
zygarde you fuck
>>
>>28326909
It probably gets protean when unmasked.
>>
File: this thread.png (258KB, 463x537px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
258KB, 463x537px
>mfw ugly clusterfuck due to mashing types/pokemon together for science is done right with this beautiful son of a baker
>mfw same thing making B2/W2 legendaries hated, though I loved them for the same reason
>mfw only one gets shit on despite the idea for being clear in both cases
>>
>>28327369
We should've seen Kyurem fused with both Reshiram and Zekrom.
>>
It'll probably look better once it is unbound and the helmet comes off. Maybe its colors will actually fucking match if it transforms when the helmet is removed, kek.

As it is I kind of hate it, especially the helmet design. The only cool part of it is the Arceus/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina eyes and the Arceus ring collar that I want removed anyway.

Speaking of, does anybody have a decent image of its eyes and the similarities to the Diamond/Pearl legendaries?
>>
>>28325824
Maybe Gladion is also looking for zygarde cells too, and you have to stop him or some shit.
>>
>>28327410
All I mind about the helmet is that based on shape it seems like the pokemon will have an oddly flat face for its otherwise janky, protruding body. Looks like it needs a griffon beak imo
>>
File: Chimera.jpg (105KB, 900x548px) Image search: [Google]
Chimera.jpg
105KB, 900x548px
>>28327327
>Though I wouldn't preferred if it wasn't a canine
I imagine it's supposed to be feline in nature, not canine, since Chimera's are mainly made of lions.
>The fact that it's normal is super lame
Normal is a pretty wide, encompassing type, I mean Arceus' base is Normal. Not to mention it couldn't be a ???-Type if it could be captured, or else it would either be useless, or broken for competitive fighting
>Unique ability
Well, it's a mish mash of Pokemon parts, it's not it's own thing, with it's own power and abilities, it's a jigsaw of living things, made to fight gods(well, god-like Pokemon)
>>
>>28325910
Am I missing something about it being made by Aether? Nothing on the website or the video seems to imply it.
>>
>>28324902
I love it, and if it really is the pokemon that inherits typings it can be our first Normal/Ghost.
>>
>>28327865
Aether Foundation are said to do lots of research on Pokemon, not just Ultra Beasts, and they have a private island filled with Pokemon they have given 'sanctuary' to, from Team Skull and otherwise, plenty of possible material for creating a chimera Pokemon
>>
>>28324902
Like the idea of a chimera pokemon. It was awesome in Digimon and should be awesome here. But sadly I just think the design is really mediocre. It's neither cool or horrifying, just kind of goofy.
>>
>>28327369
>/vp/ makes fun of the fusion of Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno in Pokemon Special for years
>enter Type Null
>HOOOOLY FUCK BROS A POKEMON MADE BY ARTIFICIALLY FUSING OTHER POKEMON? THE HYPE IS REAL MY FELLOW POKEBROS
>>
>>28327865
It's the most logical assumption. Chuuni kid who has it is obviously related to Lusamine so he probably got it from there, illegally or not.

There s no way in hell Team Skull created it, that's for sure.
>>
They showed us a wild one

chances are that they were created and bred by the royals as super soldiers.
>>
>>28328204
The three bird fusion is just the three Pokemon cut and taped together awkwardly

Null is it's own amalgamation of parts and pieces into a strange chimera Pokemon
>>
>>28324902
I think this will be the guy the leaker said that would have the same type of its parents through breeding.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 600x320px
>>28328204
>How could anyone mock this amazing and creative design?!
>>
>>28328225
Or it was just a demonstration with no actual baring on the encounter context.

Type: Null is described as being capable of rivaling Pokemon spoken only of in myths, since such a Pokemon was needed for a specific mission. So clearly it was not some mass produced thing.
>>
File: Tapu Koko.png (516KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu Koko.png
516KB, 1280x1280px
So is its head a locked up Island Guardian or what?
To attain the power of a mythological Pokemon, you might as well harness the power of a real Legendary and try to build from there.
>>
>>28328349
Why would they use a guardian in an experiment to create a Pokemon capable of rivaling the guardians in power, they would just use the guardian itself at that point. Plus I imagine everyone in Alola would notice one of their four deities missing.
>>
it's stats will be

80/90/80/90/80/90

>Holy fuck all its stats almost match Mew! What a powerful pokemon! t. Game freak
>>
>>28324902
The second pokemon so far this gen that I loved the second I saw it.

I hope it isn't legendary so my autism will let me use it.
>>
>>28328838
It's only box cover legends that you should avoid.
>>
File: 1268976177372.png (395KB, 743x650px) Image search: [Google]
1268976177372.png
395KB, 743x650px
>>28324902
It's an artificial Pokemon that learns Tri-Attack. Looks like my best buds got a new friend.
>>
>>28328890
And the legendary trio.
>>
>axe on its head
trying too hard.

Otherwise, it is great
>>
>>28331230
>axe
pretty sure it's a wing, maybe two
>>
>>28331249
Why would there be a wing on its head?
>>
>>28331230
The helmet is supposed to be bulky to hinder its agility. Throwing a big piece of metal on there would do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 1000x500px
>>28324902
Very edgy Romhacks-like. Don't know what to think about it.
I love the fact we seem to get a full alchemy story now.
>>
>>28331273
But it looks like it's part of the animal's body??
>>
If it has a face, how's the sturcture of it? It seems the mask entirely makes up its face? Any artist depiction?
>>
>>28331290
All those diamonds. Colress 99% confirmed to show?
>>
>>28331353
I don't think Colress will be in the game but we can still hope.
>>
>>28331521
This. But it won't be a total disappointment if he's not in, might be temporarily down-hearted, is all.
>>
I don't like the huge axe coming from its head, other than that it's pretty cool.
>>
File: latest.jpg (699KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
699KB, 2000x2000px
>>28324902
I was confused about it and the jellifish monster too. It looks like it belongs in Kalos tho, like a pokemon that was locked up for its misdeeds.
>>
It looks like a colossus from SoC, which is not a bad thing.
>>
I love it, I have a soft spot for pokemon that can look both cute and badass, and T:N definetely is one.
>>
>>28331353
I think he'll make an appearance but whether it's as a major villain or a cameo is yet to be determined
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.