[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's people on this board who like HGSS but not BW2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
There's people on this board who like HGSS but not BW2

Or vise versa

These games are both great for the their charm, how can you like one, but not the other
>>
>>28324444
Nice quads
>>
I like all Pokemon games
>>
>>28324444
BW2 and HGSS are the GOAT. Any other opinion is wrong.
>>
>>28324444
Literally best Pokémon games
>>
>>28324464
Thx fampai

I can understand if they don't like BW1 or Platinum, just these are top quality for similar reasons
>>
They're polar oppisites. HGSS had no story and minimal side features (praise the Pokéathalon), while BW2 was chocked full of useless stuff and had an expansive story.

Neither one is bad, It's just the fans' selective tastes.

Also, nice quads, my man
>>
>>28324601
>HGSS had minimal side features
What do you actually mean by that. HGSS had:

>Battle Frontier
>Bug Catching Contest
>PokeAthlon
>Gym Rematches
>PokeWalker
>Voltorb Flip
>>
>>28324444
HGSS aren't fun. They're slow and are a total slog to play through until you get to Kanto. Everything up until then is boring environments, shitmons, and a bad level curve.
>>
Because BW2 had an actually good pokedex, with nearly all of the pokemon in the game being able to be acquired before the elite four.

HGSS didn't fix the problem of several pokemon from Johto being in Kanto for some fucking reason.
>>
File: kermit help.jpg (39KB, 599x555px) Image search: [Google]
kermit help.jpg
39KB, 599x555px
I ordered Black 2 and it should be here tomorrow, so I'll be spending all day playing it. It'll be my first experience with the game. I just finished White recently and I liked it enough.

But today and the past few days I've been seeing unrelenting praise for B2W2 and I wanna know why they're so great????
>>
>>28324866
>Go to Violet City
>Bellsprout tower

>Go to Azalea
>slowpoke well and apricots

>Goldenrod
>bug catching contest in national park and underground

>Ekruteak
>burned towers

>Olivine
>lighthouse

>Cianwood
>safari zone

>Mahogany
>secret rocket base

>blackthorn
>dragons den

>implying these are boring environments

and those are just the towns. no, HGSS had interesting environments and had lots of fun things to explore. compare this to something to BW were most towns were just buildings with NPCs who gave you an item or two
>>
File: Johto_Route_47_HGSS.png (347KB, 1441x953px) Image search: [Google]
Johto_Route_47_HGSS.png
347KB, 1441x953px
>>28324866
>boring environments
wrong senpai

>>28324896
>HGSS didn't fix the problem of several pokemon from Johto being in Kanto for some fucking reason
wrong senpai
>>
>>28324444
They're both awful, though.
>>
>>28325053
Take your time
>>
>>28324471
second post bestcond post
>>
>>28324791
>>Battle Frontier
Copypasted.
>Bug Catching Contest
Halfassed.
>PokeAthlon
Gimmick.
>Gym Rematches
How is this a side feature? Every game lets you rebattle trainers.
>PokeWalker
The worst gimmick yet.
>Voltorb Flip
Would have been better off not existing as it locked content behind an incredibly slow grind.
>>
>>28325180
>Every game lets you rebattle trainers.
Not X/Y!
>>
>>28325168
I'm glad you said this. I actually planned on taking the games very slowly and exploring all the game had to offer.
>>
>>28325180
>every game lets you rebattle gym leaders

I think he was referring to how you do it is like it's own sidequest

also not ORAS in the region that started the battle frontier and gym leader rematches!
>>
>>28325180
You use empty adjectives to dismiss content that the games has and say "here's why everything that proves me wrong doesnt count"

>Bug Catching Contest
>Halfassed.
Yeah, memeing. It was predent exactly as stated, allowed you to win evolutionary stones, and gave you access to Gen 3 and 4 Bug Types in the postgame.

All your other points were shit but that one stuck out
>>
HGSS has a lot of places to go once you beat it and a small amount of "big" things to do in them

BW2 has not quite as many places to go to but an absolute shit ton of "little" things to do in them

Each has their own appeals
>>
>>28324444
My soul silver corrupted and deleted my hard earned living dex and my original charizard from fire red. I was so devistated. And despite having one of the best user interfaces (boxes could use a touch up) the levels of wild pokemon were really whacky. I admit that hgss were pretty good, but i cant like them as much as other pokemon games.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.