[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the most pathetic team boss of all time? Even Archer felt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: guzma squat.jpg (87KB, 358x462px) Image search: [Google]
guzma squat.jpg
87KB, 358x462px
Is he the most pathetic team boss of all time?
Even Archer felt more intimidating, and he knew he wasn't boss material.
>>
don't talk shit bout ma boi
>>
I like how he seems to be leading a one big family doing petty crimes.
>>
Who is archer though
>>
>>28314726
he's the most likable team boss because how goofy he is
>>
Technically yes, but at least he is more relatable than the rainstorm of cartoonishly evil dark overlords who wanted to see everything to blow up for no justifiable reason.
>>
He's a patsy for Aether. Gladion will be doing the real evil shit, tarnishing Skulls name and further instigating the witch hunt for them. The more evil Skull looks, the more Aether is able to prosper, and Gladion will be revealed as a double agent.

Guzma just wanted to be a trial captain and is rebelling, but seeing how his "family" is following Gladion will force him to team up with the player and stop Aether.
>>
>>28314726
He's not the endgame boss, it's obviously Aether.
Guzma is just busy doing his own shit
>>
>>28314760
>One of their admins is LITERALLY described as the team's big sister
>The other admin is the edgy little brother

Yeah, Team Skull is just one big family. I want my boy Guzma to adopt me into the family.
>>
File: igeddit.jpg (38KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
igeddit.jpg
38KB, 500x418px
>>28314726

Yes, but that's not a bad thing.

Team Skull has a god-tier aesthetic and it doesn't matter whether they're a credible threat, they're clearly just comic relief like the early game grunts in other games.

When shit really needs to hit the fan is when Aether will pull the old 'lol we r evul' switcheroo and ya boiii here will team up with you to whup their asses. Thereby cementing Skull as the best 'evil' team ever.
>>
>>28314726

No.
>>
>>28314958
This. If Nintendo pull this off this will be as good as pokémon plot can get in the main games.
>>
>>28315053
So we will finally reach generic JRPG level?
>>
>>28315214
>implying a generic JRPG plot is bad
>especially with these god-tier character designs backing it up
>>
>>28315214
We've been there for the last four gens honestly. If by generic JRPG plot you just mean the black and white morality with the evil guy that just wants to blow up the world and nothing else of relevance happens, that's a lot less than what S/M can be with this story.

Hell, adding a bit of colour with "You know the bad guys they aren't actually that bad" it's a lot more than we've been getting lately. Last time was fucking what, Silver? Maybe N.
>>
>>28314760
In one of the foreign trailers, you get a bit of extra dialog during the Slowpoke scene. Petty crimes like selling Pokemon is how they scrape by money-wise.
>>
>>28315320
If by generic JRPG plot you just mean the black and white morality with the evil guy that just wants to blow up the world and nothing else of relevance happens, that's a lot less than what S/M can be with this story.
He probably means the whole deal with a good-hearted, sometimes divine character/group being revealed to be the final boss.
>>
File: 1471388692502.png (1MB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1471388692502.png
1MB, 1280x1656px
>not liking guzma
>>
>>28314795
>relatable
How's you life as a Mexican crime lord going?
>>
File: fixed.png (2MB, 1208x1796px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
2MB, 1208x1796px
>>
>>28315731
>implying scraping by doing petty crimes is less relatable than lol flood the earth
>>
File: Archer sucks.png (300KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
Archer sucks.png
300KB, 500x415px
>>28314726
>Even Archer felt more intimidating
>>
>>28314726
But anon, Aether Foundation is the true evil team.
>>
>>28314726

After eco-terrorists, a megalomaniac, and no less than two people who wanted to destroy the world, having a normal criminal organization - one that isn't even Team Rocket or Cipher yakuza tier is refreshing.
>>
Comfiest boss, not afraid to wear black in hot Alolan weather
>>
I would rather him be a petty crook boss than a "we must take over the world like the last game" boss.
>>
I want to hang out with my boy Guzma
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.