[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: weedle-cp6[1].jpg (201KB, 1272x800px) Image search: [Google]
weedle-cp6[1].jpg
201KB, 1272x800px
Old
>>28272297

New? Start here
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: Which meme deck is your favorite so far in the new standard?
>>
Why some cards appear darker than others? Printing error? My one Krabby is redder than my orange Krabby. And I thought I had a shiny Leafeon EX, but it was just a tint of a difference.

So what binder should i buy? Why are Supporter full arts card so hard to get, especially the pokemon. Skyla never.
>>
>TotT: Which meme deck is your favourite so far into the new standard
Streamlined Mega Scizor, so no Garbodor to clunk it up. Only matchup that gets significantly worse by cutting Garbodor is Volcanion, which is a bad matchup even with Garbodor. And Mega Ray gets a little bit worse, as do Giratina decks but you can play around those two by smart play (Ranger for Giratina if you have to and Parallel City for Ray).
>>
Is there a way to see a trade binder for somebody without having to add them to your friends list first?
>>
>>28291382
Mind posting a list? I'm curious what you have for decks like Greninja outside of hex maniac every turn. I've been testing a Glaceon EX in my build and it's been pretty solid so far.

>Tfw you beat a Volcanion deck with Glaceon and Garbodor alone.
>>
File: imsogoodiwonaleaguechallenge.png (30KB, 726x504px) Image search: [Google]
imsogoodiwonaleaguechallenge.png
30KB, 726x504px
>>28284056
>>28284262

>he actually believes this

Nice. Immortalized for posterity. Bring on the reaction images to add to the image if you so please.

inb4 'can you put me in the screencap?'
>>
>>28291952
I haven't seen any Greninja in my playtesting, so I didn't think to mention it. It'd probably be tough, but I do play 2 Hex Maniacs, so it's not an autolose.
I'm at work so hopefully you don't mind this screenshot taken from mobile.
>>
>>28292187
Now this is autism
>>
Haven't came here since before fates collide came to the west, what have I missed?
>>
>>28292187

If you're going to make a collage of someone being dumb from that last thread, it should be the guy who posted his casual real life decklist asking for advice and then sperged out when people gave him the advice, all the while pretending to be different people in the thread but not removing the "noko" in his name.
>>
File: Sweet Death.png (230KB, 1080x244px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Death.png
230KB, 1080x244px
>>28292187
The fuck are you going on about? Stop trying to force 4chan culture and immortalize yourself by being the unaccredited creator of the EPIC screenshot. The fact that you said, "Bring on the reaction images to add to the image if you so please." just proves that you're feeding way too much into this shit. It just happens. You can't force it. Now fuck off with your autism.

>>28284262
The fact that you think Vespiqueen is dead because Compressor rotated out shows how fucking shit you are at this game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Vespiqueen isn't shit because Compressor is gone. It just makes her slower. No, you can't make a deck around her without it, but no one was doing that anyway. She was a finisher for decks that needed a closer like Yanmega Break - a very fast deck, but one that falls off. She stills hits like a fucking truck late game for a DCE. In a deck made with her in mind, she can easily hit for over 200 towards the end of a game. I pulled off a reverse sweep last night due to her.

With Karen in mind, however, yeah, she's fucking dead. But she's not dead until Karen hits standard 3 weeks after she's released.
>>
>>28292215
No prob, anon.

I'm not really a fan of Team Flare Grunt. Maybe you could try to put in some crushing hammers? Other than that, your list looks pretty nice.
>>
>>28292380
Like Wamboldt notes though, if people start dropping Karen, which is a dubious card in a vacuum, Vespiquen gets strong again.
>>
>>28292380
Don't you understand anon? I was merely pretending.
>>
>>28292380
>With Karen in mind, however, yeah, she's fucking dead. But she's not dead until Karen hits standard 3 weeks after she's released.

That's only true for expansions, promos are Standard-legal the day the product containing them is released.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (862KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
862KB, 1366x768px
is this a good deal? should i get more/get less
>>
>>28292529
I would dial it down a pack.
>>
Volcanion looks like a lot of fun. I will probably start work on that when I am done with my Memetwo deck for Standard.
>>
Any way to make groudon ex viable?
>>
>>28292434
Grunt is reusable with VS Seeker and fits nicely with M Scizors attack against 3+ energy attachment decks (M Ray, M Mewtwo, Yveltal-EX, etc.). Make them discard a DCE and another energy with the Grunt, which slows them down to give you time to two shot their attackers.
Crushing Hammers would also take 3/4 slots while Grunt is only one, and I really don't like flipping coins.
>>
>>28292443
Yup. It'll be a lot of back and forth that'll only be solidified as a staple like Ranger or Hex once/if more cards are released that work similar to Vespiqueen. Personally, I don't see that really happening, though. I'd like to think they learned their lesson from Night March and will avoid graveyard mechanics for the time being. Either way, Karen'll probably end up as a card that's optional for decks that have the space or get shit on by Vespiqueen, as if that'll ever happen. Vespiqueen'll probably be a lot less common without Compressor, though.

>>28292462
"It was only a joke, guys!" Fuck off.
>>
File: Screenshot (3).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (3).png
1MB, 1366x768px
just recently started what should i do to my deck? any tips
>>
File: XY5_EN_106.png (214KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY5_EN_106.png
214KB, 245x342px
What is this thing worth in packs in ptcgo?
>>
>>28293166
>just recently started what should i do
quit while you're ahead, there's no joy here only pain
>>
File: DICKS.png (1MB, 802x1199px) Image search: [Google]
DICKS.png
1MB, 802x1199px
>>28291382
>Only matchup that gets significantly worse by cutting Garbodor is Volcanion,

And Yanmega BREAK, and Greninja BREAK, and Xerneas BREAK - Giratina, and Darkrai - Giratina.

>>28292215
>max elixir on a deck that doesnt need energy acceleration
>pokemon center lady in any deck at all
>2 swtichs
>no crushing hammers
>no mega turbo
>no escape rope
>11 fucking energy on a deck that needs 2 energy to attack

your list sucks
>>
>>28293457
>>
>>28292187
Whats wrong with that list?
>>
I might make it before next rotation guys. Its happening.
>>
>>28293607
>Being this bad at trading
>>
>>28291382
Garbodor isnt for Volcanion in the Mega Scizor deck, you lose against fire decks anyways.

Garbodor is there to win against Giratina and ruin decks that run Yanmega BREAK, Greninja BREAK, Ariados, Zoroark, multiple Shaymins / Hoopas, Alakazam, Carbink, Hypno, Klefki, Machamp, Magearna, Regirock, Manaphy, Mew, Octillery, Servine, Slowking and Trevenant.

There are many decks that lose as soon as you drop the Garbodor and many others that get slowed heavily when you do.
>>
>>28293648
Yeah man, trades fall from the sky. Right now there are dozens of people lining up to trade me their cards. Trade chat isn't a mess of LF only posters at all.
>>
>>28293704
What does that have to do with anything?

If you predict the market and invest properly you can get rich fast.
>>
>>28293489
>Max Elixir and 11 energy vs Mega Turbo
Mega Turbo needs energy on the discard pile, which is harder to achieve without Battle Compressor. As soon as you draw the Elixir you can play it, which is not the case with Mega Turbo. 11 energy makes it extremely popular to hit the energy, pretty self explanatory.
>2 Switch
Float Stone would be nice, but when Giratina is as popular is it is right now. Chaos Wheel stops me from playing Float Stone so I'd rather play Switch.
>Pokemon Center Lady
Makes opponents 2 hit KOs 3 hit KOs which is really nice. Also heals the odd status effects I might encounter.
>No Crushing Hammers
Playing 1-2 is not worth it I can see a way to make space for 3-4. They're the 63rd-64th cards.
>No escape rope
I have 2 switch.

>>28293651
I'm perfectly happy to let Yanmega BREAK attack me, I think I win that match up anyway. Greninja is really bad right now, I don't mind scooping against a bad deck. Ariodos, Zoroark, Mew, Octillery, Servine, Slowking and Trevenant are non-issues as well.

The idea of not playing Garbodor is to win Garbodor decks since I get more spaces by not playing it myself. I have a edge against any Garbodor deck as my deck isn't clunked by Garbodor and his required Float Stones, and I'm not weak to it myself. I'm happy to weaken my Giratina and Rayquaza matchup by the marginal weakness that I gain by not playing Garbodor to gain that edge. I still have very solid fighting chance against Rayquaza, Giratina and Greninja.
Funnily enough, if people stopped playing Garbodor as much as it's played right now my deck would instantly lose alot of value against the field, but as long as Garbodor is popular I think the more streamlined Scizor deck is better.
I hope you can see my point, I kinda wrote this in a hurry, since I'm on my lunch break. Any further questions and I'll happily answer when I find time.
>>
>>28293755
>replies to a post replying to a post about trading
>proceeds to talk about gaming the market

wew
>>
>>28293704
I should elaborate an answer, but I'm just gonna laugh because you cant build deck you want. Greetings dear anon
>>
>>28293784
Your contribution to the thread is noted prized member of the community.
>>
>>28293778
I dont think you understood my post.

By predicting the market I mean buying cards that are going to raise in value due to a coming set, rotation or event.

A month ago Mewtwos and Mega Mewtwos were valued at two packs each, I bought around 20 of them at that time, now they are worth around 6-8 packs each.

The day Audino made finals it was valued at 1 pack each, the couple of days after it won it was valued at 4-5 packs each.

You just have to predict the market, invest and make profit. a.k.a. git gud fgt
>>
>>28293588
Honestly, nothing really. One could definitely argue for a few of the decks to be raised or lowered between the two groups, but those three Mega decks in the upper list are difinitely amongst the best in the format right now. He probably has a bad grasp on the state of the game and/or is butthurt that his deck was listed in the lower half.
>>
>>28293868
Sound advice if I were playing a month ago.
>>
>>28293905
Im not going to advice you on what to buy now, I dont want any more competition.

Just see which cards will raise in value when Evolutions gets released and buy those.
>>
>>28293818
I'm enjoying this
>>
>>28293927
I'm glad you're not offering advice that nobody asked for in the first place. That would make you look really silly.
>>
>>28293651
Just gotta fucking love a card that brings everything to a grinding halt.

Fuck cards that ruin the meta. I can't see why anyone would want to debilitate the state of the game. I'd rather win against a good deck with my own good deck rather than let one card completely lock them up and sit there hopelessly while you stack your bench with Sky Field or constantly Geomancy for energies.

>>28293767
>Greninja is really bad right now,
It's bad right now because Garbodor is rampant. That being said, I have to give you respect for preferring to let your deck win naturally.
>>
>brought 9 SS and a Generation box earlier today
>got no EX and literally no cards worth a damn

kill me
>>
>>28293166
Find a foundation. 3-4 copies of one or two cards to make a deck around, and only use cards that benefit them. If they need a lot of energy, you need to draw a lot, or search for them. If they need the opponent to be poisoned or asleep, find something to help that.
Find out what the most common and popular decks are in the current standard, and see if you can do something against that. It's important not to clutter your deck with things you won't need very often. What you posted is a bit of a mess, and I can't really tell what the purpose is. If you want to deal a lot of damage, you need to be able to do that fast.

I've only been playing a couple of weeks, so I could be giving useless information, but I'm pretty sure building around a core idea, and focusing largely on supporting that, is the way to go. If you aren't in a position to trade yet, stick with themed decks and open all the trade locked packs to get some card variety. Keep the unlocked packs for trades if you can. If you post here with some cards you're interested in using, I'm sure you'll get some help eventually.
>>
>knock out 12 pokemon with a grass pokemon
>everybody quits as soon as I knock out what they were setting up
Boring
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.