[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. Goddamn, that was some movie. The Diancie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: M18_Key_Art_EN_lores_rgb.jpg (180KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
M18_Key_Art_EN_lores_rgb.jpg
180KB, 800x1132px
Just finished this.

Goddamn, that was some movie. The Diancie movie was so goddamn boring, and full of awful CGI, Diancie was fucking annoying, and it just felt bland, predictable, and honestly rushed. Can't really believe the X and Y boxart mascots got THIS as their movie.

But Hoopa? This shit was pretty good. Hoopa himself didn't strike me as annoying, and the pacing of the movie was just fine. Animation improved vastly from Diancie, and CGI was used VERY sparingly.

Lugia was my favorite part, too bad it didn't come back after it got sent into the Hoopa ring. Having Ash give orders to so many legendary Pokemon was weird, but it was nice that Latios and Latias appeared. The Shiny Rayquaza and Mega Evolution was just there for merchandising, but ut was still cool. Primal forms were there for no reason too lol. Arceus really surprised me, didn't expect to see it appear at all, though all of it was just teases. But the brief appearance it made was better than all of Arceus and the Jewel of Life.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>28289423
I agree
>>
>>28289423
Agreed for the most part, I watched this and then Cocoon after a break just to see what the new anime was like. I didn't really like the ending for Clash, but I suppose it's fine considering it is a Pokémon movie.

So, yeah. Agreed.
>>
so would you say you were surprised?
>>
I hadn't seen a Pokemon movie since the Lucario one. This was on Netflix.

I wish I hadn't put it on. Hearing Hoopa talk made me want to kill myself.
>>
I really wanna watch these movies, but I haven't watched the anime since the middle of Johto. How much will I really miss out on by not having watched the anime?
>>
>>28290257
WERE YOU SURPRISED
>>
>>28290361
I hadn't watched the series since early dp by when I watched it. As far as I can tell the only thing you really need to know are his companions' names and know the new Pokémon (which I'm assuming you have.)
>>
Seeing Ash go commando against all the legendaries with Lugia, Latios and Latias and Rayquaza on his side was worth it

10 year old me would have came
>>
It didn't need all those other legendaries, Hoopa was interesting enough and while cute, it wasn't the bland "cutesy" kind of legendary/mythical that several movies go for.

>>28290361
You don't need to watch the anime to get the movies or vice versa. The movies try to be self contained even if they would be A LOT better if they simply ditched Ash & friends completely.
>>
>>28290393
Good. I think I'm gonna skip trying to catch up on the show and just watch the movies then.
>>
Was Latios and Latias the same one from the fifth movie?
>>
>>28289423
Another coastal city, another missed oportunity for serena's swimsuit
>>
>>28290653
obviously not lmao
>>
>>28290653
You can see them fly around Alto Mare in the beginning, so I like to think that Latias is the same while Latios is one of the ones Ash saw flying around at the end of the movie

And I think that Lugia is the one from that mini arc in the anime where Team Rocket kidnaps the baby one
>>
>>28290212
surprised that they pumped out a decent movie after a long time
>>
>>28289423
i have no idea why people are so up in arms about how "cringy" this is. from a technical standpoint, this is not terrible. it's well animated and not all of the creature designs are awful. im more impressed than uncomfortable, and honestly if someone's first reaction to this is to attack it or say that it's embarrassing, they're just a sensationalist coward looking for a reaction. memes and negativity aren't always necessary. things, and you, can just exist peacefully, and you don't have to be such a retarded faggot over every single thing shown to you.
>>
So we can all agree Hoopa was the best and Diance sucked. Also how about Volcanion?
>>
File: nope.png (297KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
297KB, 375x500px
>Advertise a battle of the legendaries and a proper movie for Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza leading up to it
>Add in that every other legendary is a reference to an earlier movie which gives a bit of a chance to see the ones from the earlier movies again
>Is near the anniversary so it would make complete sense for it to be Groudon VS Kyogre plus other legendaries joining sides with Rayquaza in the middle of it
>Ends up being about Hoopa and other Hoopa form that nobody gives a fuck about because everything else is happening that is far more interesting
>Then end it on a literal deus ex machina
>And the dub voice for Hoopa might be one of the worst dub voices yet

It might be the worst movie in the entire Pokemon series
>>
>>28290653
It's obviously not the same Latios, but it could be the one from the end of that movie.
>>
File: 1472003845823.gif (2MB, 298x300px)
1472003845823.gif
2MB, 298x300px
>>28291848
that arceus at the ending though
>>
File: 1460246897954.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px)
1460246897954.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
Movie wasn't great, but the terrorist was hot.
>>
>>28289423
Clash of Ages is terrible for story, but if you just sit back and watch it like you would an old Godzilla movie, it is actually pretty good. Who cares why Godzilla and Titanosaurus are fighting, just watch the destruction unfold.

>>28290257
Believe it or not, there was actually a worse version. I don't know the details of it, but they had in fact dubbed either a trailer or part of the movie with someone even worse than what was in-film.

Cocoon was quite possibly the worst Pokemon movie. I thought rock bottom had been reached with 4ever and Keldeo, but nope. Pokemon just tossed me a shovel.
>>
What the fuck is this? This movie is garbage, especially after the Diancie movie which tried to have a decent plot and a setting that wasn't complete garbage.

I have never even seem praise for this movie besides this thread. I thought it was universally hated.
>>
>>28291356
Volcanion is my favorite of the XY movies, and I'd rank it pretty high overall.

It isn't terribly original, but it does a decent job incorporating elements of several past movies into a coherent, entertaining story that doesn't drag. The villain and main guest protagonist are entertaining, Volcanion is surprisingly likable, Magearna a qt, it's well drawn and animated, and the action sequences are done very well.
>>
>>28291848
I'd say the Hoopa Movie was the worst in the entire Series, and you summed up exactly why I think that's the case.

>>28291356
I'd say Volcanion is better than Hoopa, but worse than Diancie, myself. The XY films as a whole are some of the weakest entries in the Series to me, though, and the dubs for Diancie and Hoopa were TPCi sinking to a low that makes later 4Kids seem like FUNimation dubs when it comes to the Movies.

I'm absolutely frightened how badly handled the Volcanion Movie dub will be, actually.
>>
>>28290257
The Lucario Movie is the last one before the English dub goes to absolute shit when TPCi sacks the original 4Kids cast for cheaper talent, so I'd recommend Manaphy onwards in Japanese with subs.
>>
>>28292470
Watch the TPCi dub replace the Japanese OST for the 3rd Movie in a row with Goldfarb elevator and Middle Ages stuff, give TR the usual repertoire of slang, rhymes, and alliteration that have been in the dub with them since mid-DP, as well as phone it in with lifeless performances from its voice "actors," particularly cringe-worthy will be JCC attempting to "cry" as Meowth and Natochenny attempting to even remotely "emote" as Ash.

The fact they've been ruining the Movie dubs since M17 and this continued with M18 leaves me absolutely frightened how M19's dub will be handled...
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-28-10h16m58s380.png (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-28-10h16m58s380.png
557KB, 1280x720px
>>28289423
>>
>>28292470
Haven't seen the Volcanion movie. Been looking everywhere for a link.
>>28292407
I think this is the sect of /vp/ contrarians who are saying they unironically enjoy the movie.
>>
>>28292107
>Clash of Ages is terrible for story, but if you just sit back and watch it like you would an old Godzilla movie, it is actually pretty good. Who cares why Godzilla and Titanosaurus are fighting, just watch the destruction unfold.
Pretty much this.
>>
>>28292794
/vp/, will Cathcart and co ruin the dub of this Movie instead of the show? Vote now!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11165718/r

>>28292731
I forgot dub Hoopa Unbound sounded like Cookie Monster. God, TPCi fucks everything up these days, don't they?
>>
>>28290653
Nope cause remember, Latios dies in Heroes. Probably a new group of Lati@s came to Alto Mare and settled there.
>>
>>28289423
>Diancie Annoying
>Hoopa not
What is wrong with you
>>
>>28293060
OP has shit taste, in general, Diancie > Hoopa, both dubbed and subbed.

Volcanion, I haven't seen, so I can't comment. I know TPCi will ruin the dub of it regardless, though, after seeing how badly handled the dubs of Movies 17 & 18 were (especially in regards to the music replacement).
>>
>>28289423
I've seen all the movies except for Zoroark, Hoopa, Diancie and Genesect (and of course Volcanion)

Am I missing anything? Faves are the Sinnoh Dragon Trilogy and Lati@s
>>
heros greattst movey
>>
>>28293157
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=28XbAk225Cw

Movie 5 ending best Pokémon song
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 700x782px)
image.jpg
192KB, 700x782px
>>28293127
>He thinks the diancie movie is better than gargling nails

HAHA

The diamcie movie is literally the worst piece of driveling garbage that has ever been officially produced by this franchise. Worse than any of the movies, worse than the bw anime, and worse than even Pokemon channel or Dash.

It is, without a shadow of a doubt, the most uninteresting, insulting, mind-meltingly stupid thing I've seen in years.

Hoopa may have been garbage, but its still light-years ahead of the fucking diancie movie
>>
File: diancie_by_pinkgermy-d7n9nm9.png (616KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
diancie_by_pinkgermy-d7n9nm9.png
616KB, 650x800px
>>28293223
Wow thats some raging autism if I've ever seen it.
>>
>>28293223
Diancie Movie is a crappy rehash of Movie 1, but you act like I care for the XY Movies: I think the 2 were both shit so far, but varying degrees of shit.

Can't comment on Volcanion, though, but I've heard it's better than the last two Movies at least.
>>
>>28293157
Best are Spell of the Unown and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Heroes in third.

>>28293142
Sinnoh Trilogy is ok with Darkrai, but gets progressively worse with each film afterwards, and Arceus' dub voice is hilariously bad to boot
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 600x900px
>>28293235
I have no issues with the Pokemon itself in general, but jesus fucking christ a bad movie is a bad movie

And the diancie movie is BAAAAD

Like, even fails to function on the most basic of storytelling principles level of bad
>>
>>28293223
You must have not seen/played very many of the movies, anime, or the games not listed on Serebii then.
>>
>>28293275
Except Hoopa is even worse when it comes to storytelling.
>>
>>28293127
This.
>>
>>28293275
To be fair, Hoopa was arguably even shittier, though: neither of the 2 films was tolerable, even by this Series' standards.

I've heard the Volcanion Movie is okay, though, but I know TPCi will fuck up the dub regardless so I'll be watching that subbed pretty soon to avoid their painful dubbing.
>>
>>28293294
Lol what is missing from Serebii's "data base"

Seems pretty tight, albiet the older games sections are a mess and could use touching up. The whole site is actually fuck ugly and seems so unoptimized
>>
>le all CG is bad meme

Fuck off redditor XY CG is top tier compared to the shit that gets thrown in most other anime.
>>
>>28293302
This.

>HURR DURR THROW LEGNDARIES EVERYWHERE
>WOOOOOAHHH THE POWER OF ALL THE LEGENDS IS DESTROYING EVERYING OH NOOOOOO

Worst Pokemon movie
>>
>>28293364
Don't forget the Power of Friendship asspull at the end along with the literal deues ex machina.
>>
Pokemon movies have never been good.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 500x333px)
image.jpg
99KB, 500x333px
>>28293302
The Hoopa movie actually had something resembling a conflict, and the characters actually acted in the world rather than being glorified macguffins and set pieces

>Diancie is a slacker princess
>Carbink are exposition
>Diancie must repair magic crystal that really is never explained
>Goes to surface
>Finds Ash and company
>Go to a mall and fuck around
>Go find xerneas
>Xerneas tells em to fuck off
>Fuck around in a city
>Team rocket captures diancie
>Diancie literally walks away
>Obviously not bad guy shows up for two scenes
>Blue crook and Red crook chase them a bit
>Surprise Green crook is a bad guy
>They fall in a puddle
>Wake up Yveltal
>Yveltal turns shit to stone
>Diancie mega evolves
>xerneas fixes shit
>The end

Where the fuck is the plot? Where the fuck are the characters? Ash and friends did nothing. Carbink just spewed exposition. The crooks barely had any scenes, no character, and only served to lead them to yveltal. Yveltal had no actual connection to the plot. No big battle or conflict. Deer-ex machina shows up and fixes everything with a blank expression. All diancie did was fuck around until it mega-evolved at the end.

This isn't a story. There's nothing learned, no sacrifice. Hoopa had a big conflict. The characters actually had character, learned, and fucking did things. Hoopa gets 1/100 just for these while Diancie gets a big fat 0
>>
>>28293454
Your summary is still better than the Hoopa movie
>>
>>28293487
So a movie with no plot, no direction, no characters, no conflict, and nothing interesting to look at is better than a movie with shit plot, some characters, actual conflict, a 'villain', an actual story, and some interesting visuals?

Hoopa is god-awful, don't get me wrong, but at least it wasn't actually a soulless void who's only merit is existing
>>
Is Diancie actually worse than "No conflict, picking a fight with a dragon, you win cuz you tried" Keldeo?

That movie was a super letdown because I fucking love Keldeo.
>>
>>28293603
No. It's more lighthearted throughout, but gets serious at the end. Some of the anons in this thread are just being typical /vp/ contrarian and saying Hoopa movie is better.
>>
>>28293555
Hoopa is far more soulless than Diancie. Diancie's plot doesn't revolve around advertising Legendary Pokemon. The mall scene is at least more entertaining than a scene that's only in the movie to show the Cosplay Pikachus. There isn't shit like a shiny Rayquaza just because it's getting an event. It doesn't need Arceus to find away to make any sort of conclusion to the complete shitshow that is the rest of the movie.

Diancie is better. You'd have to be retarded to think otherwise. Which I'm pretty sure you are since you're going to all this effort to write out all your shit taste on a phone.

Also the magic crystal is explained a lot better than how Hoopa and it's anger exist independently and why they even went and got the bottle that Hoopa's power was in in the first place.
>>
File: settei_003b.jpg (123KB, 635x488px)
settei_003b.jpg
123KB, 635x488px
Hoopa is better because of pic related
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.