[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Come on, guys, I can't be the only one that didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (883KB, 990x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
883KB, 990x1200px
Come on, guys, I can't be the only one that didn't think Gen 6 was that bad on this board, right? Right?
>>
It wasn't that bad,but it was the worse in the series.
>>
>>28286938

They're fun games.

Not perfect but still both sets are like 6.5/10

Kalos really could have benefited from a 3rd version though. It's not as bad as people here make it out to be but it's still missing something.
>>
>>28286938
I really enjoyed Y. I don't know why but I leveled most of my team to 100 because I just enjoyed doing shit. Out of all the games in the series it probably is like 4th or 5th on my list?

ORAS was pretty fun too, just kinda empty, which is a damn shame, I loved RSE, probably my favorite gen.

I'm hoping S/M has a fair bit more to do.
>>
>>28286938
6th gen felt like it was rushed as hell.
>>
xy was awesome. oras ingame was boring as fuck but nice patch anyway cause that's all it was
>>
Just a /vp/ meme
>>
No gen has ever been bad.
>>
XY was good
ORAS wasn't
>>
6th gen, in games are too bad and borring, ORAS is borring to dead
>>
>>28287095
this
Playing the game I enjoyed the hell out of them, hell I even though ORAS would be my favorite game in the series from how alive the world felt with engaging visual landscapes, dexnav+soaring, and the increased emotional expressiveness of character faces
I don't think it was as strong as gen 5 in retrospect, but it was still a damn good entry in the series
>>
X&Y were amazing. They made a lot of great feature additions to the game that extend their playability.

On the other hand, I actually got bored with ORAS and stopped playing it by like the third badge. When I came back to finish it, it wasn't so bad. ORAS isn't bad per se, just a huge disappointment compared to Emerald.
>>
>>28286938
Fun Beta Test Generation. Brought some new good memories, but didnt reach potential
>>
It's not a bad generation, people seem to forget something very important which is gen 6 didn't have a third game (oras does not count) the third game always improves the new generation don't forget BW2 basically saved gen 5 from being the worst generation ever as well as platinum
>>
>>28286938
I don't think it's bad either, I adore X & Y, It's the most fun i had with a pokemon game that isn't me just fucking around in it.
I just hate oras with a passion cuz it mocks real fans through out and the only redeemable thing about oras are some of the new megas and sort of the delta episode.
>>
File: 1471174220032.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471174220032.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>28286938
Main games that introduced gen 6 were alright in my book. Characters were kinda weak (except Lysandre, he was cool) but gargantuan Pokedex made up for them. Also, seeing some 3D models for the first time was an amazing feeling.
Kalos is a pretty good region overall because it features several different landscapes but has one big theme (tourism). I can appreciate that.
My biggest complaint about the game is its postgame. It's seriously small. HOWEVER, despite that, I've spent shitton of time on breeding.

OR/AS are good as well. Some features were directly transported from XY (e.g. PSS, Amie) and some new were introduced nicely (PokeNav Plus). I especially appreciated the way GameFreak handled old characters. They are more apparent now thanks to their new appearance and new dialogues.
I have no big problems with the remakes however few small bits were disappointing (New Mauville, removal of Game Corner, complete copying Battle Maison etc.).

Spin-offs are where gen 6 kinda sucks to me. I have not played Super Mystery Dungeon yet, although I've tried every F2P game on 3DS. Shuffle and Picross require a lot of money if you really want to play while Rumble World is just grindy as fuck in no-fun way. Additionally, all 3 have lacking soundtracks.
I don't give a shit about my cellphone so it's too old to handle Pokemon GO.

Overall, I'd say it's the worst post-GameBoy era gen but it surpasses gen 1 and 2 (not sure about 3).
>>
>>28286999
I agree. 6/10 is about right

>>28287088
No, people outside here think so too
>>
Give it until gen 8 then people will praise it and say things like it was a return to form while still feeling new or some shit
>>
>>28287751
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle on Pokemon. People still hate DP
>>
>>28286938
It was good but too short.
>>
I liked xy, it had nice pokemon. 3d was meh. Not a fan of megas. Didn't use one the whole game and it was too easy even using the regional butterfly as my only flying.
I started playing oras but a half hour in I got bored and already felt like it would disappoint me so I never finished.
>>
>>28286938

It's not bad, it's just my least favorite.

I gave XY the benefit of the doubt because Gamefreak is stupud, and their first foray into 3D wasn't goign to be perfect, and they did introduce a ton of QoL improvements to the series such as easier EV training/EV tracking (horde battles and Super Training) Wonder Trading to get rid of breeding rejects and easily acquire IDs for the lotto, legendaries obtained in gen 6 games have guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, Destiny Knot improvements, etc. But ORAS had no excuse being what it was. I don't give a shit that they only had one year, I've played and seen many games that had a better quality than ORAS made with a smaller team in a smaller timeframe.
>>
X and Y were good but the post game was lacking. I remember a lot of people saying that "Z" would fix all of the problems but it never came.

I feel like ORAS was pretty good overall. The main thing I didn't like was the artstyle and how the game loved to zoom in on characters during cutscenes so you could see the low res textures.
>>
Gen 6 wan nice, not the worst gen.
I give it a 6/10, would have been 8/10 if they had included the battle frontier.
>>
>>28286938
Just dissapointed about no Battle Frontier, otherwise it was bretty great.
I did missed some of the stuff in G5 like the seasons.
>>
>>28286938
I didn't like XY much outside of customization, Amie, and some of the new Pokemon. It just fell flat to me.

ORAS wasn't bad actually, but the problem is it could/should have been a lot better. Weirdly enough the characters were possibly my favorite aspects of the remakes.

Overall, gen 6 is probably my 2nd least favorite gen after 1.
>>
>>28288446
This, honestly.

Actually, I realise I havent even played Amie yet. I never cared
>>
>>28286938

I've enjoyed playing through the gen 6 games. Everyone's just butthurt that the Maison is essentially the only major post-game thing to do once the main campaign is finished.

Having to wait an extra couple years for games without some more post game shit to do has been pretty shitty.
>>
>>28286938
Gen 6 was the Gen 3 of the modern age.
>>
>>28289641
Even more accurate when you consider we couldn't have our old Pokemon until February
>>
>>28289641
ORAS was the first game to have no gym leader rematches since Emerald

It's like pottery
>>
It was alright.
I certainly had fun at the time, but I'd like to wait a while before replaying it.
>>
Lot of QOL improvements, all the new designs were pretty solid, some neat changes/additions (horde battles are cool and convenient, DexNav is fantastic), Pokemonamie is fun in doses. I really loved customization as well.

Other then that, it felt like a 'groundwork' generation. Lots of underutilized elements. Characters were underused (Diantha is a movie star! Here's all 0 of the movies she stars in! There's no theaters or reruns of her movies so she might as well be an heiress.), postgame non-existent, Megas too centralizing.
We have all these 3d models now so they don't have to make them over again. On that premise alone S/M should be better.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.