[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Regular Z-moves deal 50% max hp, stab doesn't matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: p03_01.jpg (42KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
p03_01.jpg
42KB, 400x240px
>Regular Z-moves deal 50% max hp, stab doesn't matter but effectiveness does.
>Super effective Z-moves deal 100% max hp (basically a OHKO) and resisted deal 25%, 12% or 0% if immune.
>Special Z-moves like Snorlax's or Raichu's deal 100% if neutral, 50% if resisted, 0% if immuned.

Is that broken? Would you rather use one of these moves (only once per battle) or use a mega, if you have to choose?
>>
Sauce ?
>>
>>28279322
Megas can provide a win condition and are taken into consideration when building the synergy of your team, Z-moves don't and leave your Pokemon as a liability due to not having a usable item left one the Z-move is used. But I'm willing to bet VGC17 will make Z-crystals mandatory on one of your Pokemon to justify their existence.
>>
>>28279322
you are retarded for even thinking this up.
>>
>>28279459
Read the whole post, fucking retard.
>>
It's fucking stupid. They basically turned Pokemon into a duel with rocket launchers. The first to draw wins.
>>
>>28279461
You could make it work. Unburden is obvious, but there are other abilities that could be used pretty effectively with it as well. You could use it to kick off a Moxie sweep, for example.
>>
>>28279322
I would use megas because a mega once per battle is acceptable, if you use them well they can sweep, stall and everything inbetween but Z-Moves can only be used once on one pokemon, so even if you knock out one pokemon with a Z-move you still have 5 more to deal with and since you don't have an item on that pokemo it will be harder to take out the other 5.
>>
>>28279489
>first to draw
You can only use one Z-move per battle, retard. Now it means that you need to have more than one ace on your team.
>>
>>28279322
But Raichu deals 100% on super effective attacks
>>
>>28279541
Z-crystals won't be consumable and I'm fairly sure they'll act like Mega Stones so Unburden/Acrobatics/Knock Off/etc gimmicks won't work.
>>
Stall becomes even more prevalent as hyper offense is immediately shut down by fast Z-Move users. Talonflame's flying Z-Move gets priority
>>
Stall would be actually easier to take down as well
>>
Do they hit through Protect/Substitute?
>>
>fairy becomes all but obsolete as fucking everything gets toxic and as such fucking everything could have the Z-Poison
>>
>>28279824
We don't ducking know yet
>>
So.. Normal type Z moves won't OHKO anything?
>>
>>28279541
Unburden definitely won't work with Z-Crystals.
>>
File: bolbi_by_sonicboom403-d862m0f.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
bolbi_by_sonicboom403-d862m0f.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>28279859
>ducking
>>
>>28279322
No thanks
>>
Hey,see>>28279461

I would prefer to have a Mega stone/Blue orb/Red orb attached to my pokemon.Do you really want your item slot to be taken up by an item that allows you to perform a one-shot move?I'm pretty sure that Z-crystals won't be consumable items,so gimmicks like "Z-crystal+Unburden" or "Z-crystal+Acrobatics" won't work.

Megas/Primal reversions allow you to build great teams.For example,if you are playing doubles/VGC,Mega Sceptie would be perfect if paired with an electric type pokemon with Discharge,or any pokemon with Discharge.You will hit both opponents with that Discharge and Sceptile will get a free Sp.Attack boost.It resists T-Wave as well so you know that it's going to outspeed most pokemon,unless they pull a priority move.If you give it a Z-Crystal it becomes useless and running Overgrow would be more useful,because the Z-crystal won't activate its hidden ability(Unburden).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.