[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which legendaries/mythicals would you say are acceptable to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9

File: 1465681054296.png (1MB, 1280x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1465681054296.png
1MB, 1280x1360px
Which legendaries/mythicals would you say are acceptable to use in a team, whether in game or online?
>>
Landorus-T
>>
>>28275590
I meant lore-wise.

People usually dislike when legendaries are used in teams because it doesn't make much sense that someone would be able to catch a literal god.
>>
>>28275578
Only the 4 regis because they're so trashy.
I literally am not okay with any other legendary pokemon.
>>
In game : Any
Online : Absolutely fucking none
>>
Genies ofc
>>
>>28275623
Why?
>>28275616
>Only the 4 regis because they're so trashy
In that case you should also include the Kanto birbs and the Johto dogs, don't you think?
And there are several other mediocre legendaries like Cresselia.
>>
>>28275578
The ones with 600 BST or less

No Mythicals

Maximum of 1 per team
>>
>>28275578
If you dont want to ruin the inmersion? none
>>
>>28275635
>birbs
>dogs

please stop
>>
>>28275635
>Johto dogs
>raikou is a dog
>>
>>28275639
>600 BST or less
That's a lot of them
It includes Jirachi, Celebi, Mew and Genesect
>>
>>28275655
>>28275672
>being that autistic
Who cares what I call them as long as it's understandable
Call them the Johto trio if you want, who gives a shit
>>
>>28275578
I use Mewtwo, Lugia, Groudon, and the Regis on my teams.
>>
>>28275675
He said no Mythicals, dumbass
>>
>>28275687
>butthurting over /vp/
well hello there newfag
>>
>>28275635
I'm guessing you're asking about my view of legends online but i'll answer both

In game : Any, because you're the hero and get to meet/befriend all these amazing pokemon

Online : They're all annoying and repetitive and nobody limits them self to just using lando t or cresselia unless it's vgc and even then its annoying and repetitve. It's more interesting to see how someone uses normal pokemon to work together instead of "Lol groudon used precipice blades and xerneas used geomancy"
>>
>>28275706
Genesect is a mythical? But there are several of them
>>
>>28275687
>being that autistic
nigga we on 4chan, autism is a guarantee
>>
>>28275707
>calling someone a newfag unironically
>"do I fit in yet"
>>
>>28275578
Any roaming legendary
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (37KB, 499x503px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
37KB, 499x503px
>>28275578
>legendaries
>in game
>>
>>28275612

Latis, trios and the Gen IV things like Heatran and Cresselia, the sort of "B-tier" legendaries as opposed to "A-tier" like mascots and legendaries.

But even then the legends are not really gods, just abnormally powerful wild monsters. Only in the movies do things like Reshiram act with human sentience.
>>
>>28275699
That's 7 pokemon
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 602x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 602x429px
>>28275715
Every Mythical
>>
>>28275709
>In game : Any
Don't you think the hero catching Arceus or the box legends seems very unrealistic, though?

>They're all annoying and repetitive
Depends which ones
The only legendaries I ever see online are Mewtwo, the Hoenn trio, Arceus, and occasionally Lati@s
>>
>>28275767
>Genesect
>Shaymin
>Darkrai
>Victini
Those aren't unique at all
Does "mythical" just mean event exclusive?
>>
File: triggered.jpg (47KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
47KB, 600x524px
>>28275754
>in game
>not in-game
>>
>>28275754
some games literally require you to catch them in order to complete the story
>>
>>28275781
Yes
>>
>>28275769
>unrealistic
I never thought of catching a mascot or poke jesus as that. I always saw it as you fought your way through the entire region and worked your ass off for that moment.

>annoying and repetitive
I guess it's not too bad if people vary what they use but when your entire team is normal mons how can you compare to a mega mewtwo or primal groudon/kyogre
>>
>>28275781
What did you think it meant, anon? I seriously want to know.
>>
>>28275861
I thought it meant the supposedly unique pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Arceus and Ho-Oh
Guess I'm a retard
>>
>>28275755
BW and XY require the mascots to be captured so they make sense lore wise
>>
>>28275805
only BW and ORAS forces you to use them, XY you can send them to the PC if you want
>>
>>28275882
We all are anon, thats why we lurk in this shithole
>>
Definitely acceptable tier
>Articuno
>Zapdos
>Moltres
>Entei
>Raikou
>Suicune
>Regirock
>Regice
>Registeel
>Latios
>Latias
>Phione
>Cresselia
>Regigigas
>Heatran
>Shaymin
>Manaphy
>Victini

Acceptable but discouraged tier
>Mew
>Ho-Oh
>Lugia
>Deoxys
>Darkrai
>Genesect
>Xerneas
>Yveltal
>Diancie

Unacceptable tier
>the rest
>>
>>28275578
Legendary birds/beasts/eon duo/pixies

No one should touch event legendaries or box legendaries
>>
>>28275739
>making a post about calling someone a newfag quoting "do I fit in yet" trying to fit in.
>>
>>28276251
>pixies
Which ones, the Sinnoh trio?
These guys are supposed to be unique
>>
>>28276185
>Cresselia
>acceptable
>>
>>28276307
Why not
>>
>Okay to use
Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos
Suicune, Entei, Raikou
Regis, Latia/Latios, Deoxys
Uxie, Azelf, Mespirit, Phione, Shamyin but only in land form
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Meloetta, Victini
Zygarde, Diancie

>Technically okay to use but everyone will hate you
Mew
Celebi
Heatran
Cresselia
Genies
All 3 Kyurem forms
Jirachi
Manaphy
Genesect
Keldeo
Both Hoopa Forms
Volcanion

>Using these against normal teams is terrible and you should only battle other legend teams with these
Mewtwo
Ho-oh
Lugia
Kyogre (Primal and normal)
Groudon (Primal and normal)
Rayquaza
Palkia
Dialga
Giratina
Shaymin-Sky
Darkrai
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Xerneas
Yveltal

Going by what I've seen so far, Solalgeo and Lunala will probably be "Don't use this" tier, while Magearna and Tapu Koko will likely be in "Okay to use but everyone will hate you".
>>
>>28276336
because Cresselia is cancer
>>
>>28276185
Hoopa ? Volcanion ? Or I'm just gonna use whatever Legendary I want.
>>
>>28275578
in-game: none
online: any
>>
>>28276517
>Deoxys
>Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit
>Meloetta, Victini
>Zygarde
What's the reasoning behind those being acceptable to use?
>>
>>28276517
I wouldn't be surprised if Lunala will turn in the Ok category because of its two crippling weaknesses.
>>
using legendaries is so tacky
>>
As a rule, I don't use any legends that are banned in the battle maison/frontier.

>>28276605
>in-game: none
The game is easy as fuck whether or not you use legends.
>>
>>28276622
no, using legendaries everyone else uses is stupid. But I don't feel tacky when I use my favorite shitmon Articuno.
>>
>>28276608
All the Deoxys forms have at least one crippling weakness. Attack and Normal forms can't take more than one or two hit even resisted ones. Defense form is Taunt bait and doesn't have any offensive presence. Speed form is the most powerful and dangerous in my opinion since it's so versatile, but none of its attacks or defenses are above 100, so if you have something that can handle a strong psychic type like you prepared for Latios, you should be able to handle Deoxys-Speed.

Uxie is just a bad Deoxys-Defense. It has a worse movepool and isn't particularly threatening. Mespirit is just a really bad Mew. Terrible movepool, doesn't really specialize in anything. Azelf is the strongest of those 3, but, again, if you prepared for any strong psychics at all you should be able to handle it. Azelf falls apart after one or to neutral hits anyway, it's defenses are really bad.

In the event coming up, the distributed Victinis won't know V-Create, so most Victini you'll be seeing in the near future will be nerfed (doesn't learn its own signature move by level up, how lame is that?) Victini has good allaround stats, but at the end of the day it's just a straightforward attacker and isn't particularly overwhelming since its best moves have drawbacks (V-Create).

Meloetta is an unfocused mess. You either try to get it in Pirouette form, which wastes a turn and does the same thing as Mega-Lopunny but with less move slots and it reverts back if you switch it, or you keep it in Aria form where it has similar stats to Latias but slower doesn't get Roost or Draco Meteor.

Zygarde is surprisingly easy to deal with. It's attack stats are very low considering it's a legend, it's a defensive pokemon with no recovery or healing. As a Dragon dance user Mega Altaria and Charizard-X outclass it in almost every way Burning Zygarde pretty much cripples it forever. It's like Hydreigon: Amazing on paper but not that great in practice.
>>
>>28276817
Also, adding on to Zygarde since I ran out of space, it's Aura Break ability is nearly useless. Xerneas stil sets up on it, and Yveltal's signature move, Oblivion Wing, isn't Dark type so the Aura Break doesn't do crap about it.
>>
>>28276817
>>28276830
Alright, they're pretty bad. But lore-wise (which I know is autism, but still), I just think using the lake pixies and even Deoxys is hardly justifiable
>>
>>28275578
All of them.
There isn't one that isn't unacceptable.
You caught the fucker, use it if you want to.
>>
>>28276544
Yet you ignore Xerneas
>>
File: 1444286993290.png (68KB, 506x484px) Image search: [Google]
1444286993290.png
68KB, 506x484px
>ITT: Fucking casuals who don't know what an Uber is

There's already good standards in place as far as which legendaries break the game and which don't. There are plenty of other Pokemon that outmatch or equal the legal ones, also. "Legendary" isn't some game mechanic that automatically means they're stronger.

I know there's other subjects in the thread but goddamn, some of you would yell at me for using a Uxie.
>>
>>28275578
Whichever ones the player wants too.
>>
Rotom is the only acceptable "legendary" to use on a team

Every other Legendary would seem like cheating
>>
>>28277032
>Rotom
>"legendary"

>using shitters like the regis, the kanto birds, sinnoh lake deities etc
>cheating

you're fucking retarded my man
>>
>>28275709
>he doesn't abuse the ruined meta
have fun with PU shitmons then
>>
>>28275882
>I thought it meant the supposedly unique pokemon
That's what a Legendary is. There is only one (in some cases in the anime, a few) of each.
>>
>>28277205
Not true
There are several of the Kanto and Johto trio, several Regis, at least five Genesect, several Heatran, several Darkrai, flocks of Lati@s, several Deoxys, several Victini

The only pokemon we know for sure are unique are Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Jirachi and Ho-Oh
>>
>>28277237
Besides the anime, where are you getting your info from?
>>
>>28275612
>I meant lore-wise.

A number of people have caught legendaries, though, like Frontier Brains. Given how you're a special snowflake in most games, beat the E4 and the Champion, why does it disrupt the lore most of the time? Not like it's as absurd as Nurse Joy randomly having a Latias.
>>
If you use any legendary on your team, competitive or otherwise, you're a faggot.

That's not bad or good. You're just a faggot.
>>
>>28277313
The pokedex and the frontier brains

The dex states clearly that there isn't only one Victini and that there are several Latias/Latios

It's also quite obvious that the regis, kanto birds, and raikou/entei/suicune aren't unique since they're used by frontier brains while also being catchable in the story (in platinum for example). I should've also added cresselia since it's used by Palmer I think.
There are obviously several heatran since it can either be male or female.

That leaves us with genesect, darkrai and deoxys for which I have no evidence but it's unlikely for there to be only one genesect since, similarly to mewtwo, several experiments were made with it. Even if you don't take into account the movie in which five genesects including one shiny appear, it's highly unlikely that it's unique.
As for darkrai, I think it was mentioned that the boy in Canalave was being tormented by "a" darkrai but I'm not sure. Even then, several Cresselia would seem to imply several Darkrai as well.

don't know about deoxys, I'm assuming there are several but who knows.
>>
>>28277340
>taking people's tastes that seriously
You're the only faggot here, anon
>>
>>28277337
There's a sizable difference between catching a legendary like Zapdos which is hardly a deity, and catching Giratina for example.
>>
File: d3837.jpg (186KB, 446x1000px) Image search: [Google]
d3837.jpg
186KB, 446x1000px
>>28276817
>Azelf is the strongest of those 3, but, again, if you prepared for any strong psychics at all you should be able to handle it. Azelf falls apart after one or to neutral hits anyway, it's defenses are really bad.
That doesn't matter when you're one of OU's best suicide leads.
>>
>>28275578
For me atleast
In-game NONE, don't use Groudon-alike to the 8th gym or the elite 4, don't even use the eons twins.
Online, ech. Depends on who you play against or the ruling.
>>
ingame: Only the lati twins.

Online: Lati twins, Diancie, Zygarde, Genies.
>>
>>28277793
>ingame: Only the lati twins.
any reason for them in particular but no other mons?
>>
>>28276871
Xerneas is ubers
>>
>>28276972
Competitive is certainly a measure by which to decide whether a legend us acceptable to use because it breaks things down by number which they are technically.

But I think that the premise of the OP is more of a role play perspective seeing as how the legends are suppose to be demi to full on gods.

My thinking at least in game is that the protag has either proved it's self or made a contract with the legend to be used in mundane combat.
>>
>>28275805

it's called boxing
>>
>>28278029
>the protag has either proved it's self or made a contract
I don't think that's necessary if we're talking about minor legendaries like the roaming ones.
Some legendaries have a lower BST than pseudos, and despite their catch rate, should be as difficult as a top-tier non legend like Garchomp when it comes to catching and training one
>>
None of them. Not even the weak ones like Articuno.
>>
>>28277313

The fact they're used by multiple trainers in the series, like Frontier Brains and Chatelaines.
>>
>>28275578
The only time i use legendaries is when the game is scripted such that i must have the legendary on my team.
I got over legendaries using MewTwo back in Fire Red. From Emerald forward Legends have been trophies that I catch, then box, as a part of game completion... they are also decent trading leverage.
>>
>>28278072
Why would you limit yourself to using non-legends when some legendaries aren't overpowered and have a nice lore?
Like Suicune or the regis for example.
>>
>>28275578
The only time I use legendaries in my time, it's when you can get them early in the game, at a low level. So I can train them with my crew.
Victini in BW, and Keldeo in BW2.
>>
>>28277237
weather trio?
>>
>>28275578
I use Regirock in all of my teams.
>>
>>28278894
Who not Registeel? It's better
>>
>>28279413
>I use [pokemon]
>"why not use [other pokemon]? it's better"
your post makes no fucking sense
>>
>>28275578
all of them.
>>
>>28276854
This.
>>
File: 20160830_123734.png (2MB, 1900x1437px) Image search: [Google]
20160830_123734.png
2MB, 1900x1437px
>>28275612
Pokemon that choose to be with you, ex zekrom/reshiram. Lati@s, only the MC of platinum can have giratina but it's ok for them to have it, jirachi, shaymin
>>
>>28279413
>lower attack
>lower defenses in sandstorm
>worse hidden ability
>mixed tank vs physical wall
They're entirely different Pokemon fampi
>>
>>28281451
Is regice a good special wall on the other hand?
>>
>>28275578
Personally, I don't like using legendaries. I might use one if the plot demands it or if I'm in the rare mood to just include it in my team, but I'm just not a fan.

I don't care what other people use, though, it's their team, they should play how they want.
>>
>>28275578
Lore-wise the only legendaries that are truly "unique" are Arceus and Ho-Oh, and that's just because we haven't seen multiple of either yet. So there's not any actual lore problem since in theory any of them could have multiple of the same species.
That said, I won't use any box or OP legends in-game without being forced. The trios are alright in-game, and the pixies are decently balanced, too.

Competitively, legends are a headache since some are top-tier and over centralizing in OU, some are uber, and some are worthless. The problem just gets worse in VCG formats. Competitive is always an unbalanced mess, though, so what's new.
>>
>>28281460
The Regis aren't really good walls since they have shit typing, but regice gets bolt-beam and has 200 SpD. They need reliable recovery.

You still can't really compare steel to ice/rock since steel has nonexistent offenses. At least Ice/Rock can do something with 100 in their offenses.
>>
>>28275578
I think the Legendary Beast trio ought to be fair game.

That's only partly because Raikou's my favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>28281460
AV Regice is a bit gimmicky, but is almost unbreakable specially. Put it on a team with a Wish-passer, and you have Special Attackers on lockdown. You do have to scrabe the bottom of the attack barrel to make it work, though. Boltbeam is good. Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, or Signal Beam are less so.
>>
like most people in the thread have said, in-game it's fine because who gives a shit it's based in the story and you're the hero
online it's just stupid, it's not even that it's game-breaking, I've beaten plenty of teams with two or three legendaries but it's just boring. It just kind of feels like that one kid who wants to use the mewtwo because he's the strongestest, which is just my perception but whatever. The point being it's just a boring choice and has an attitude to it that I don't like.
I guess it isn't as bad if it's just someone using one Jirachi or Celebi, for some reason those don't make me that annoyed, but I've rarely seen someon just use one legendary, it's always at least two or three
>>
>>28282035
>I've rarely seen someon just use one legendary
On the battle spot, I either see only one legend on the team, or a full team of six legends, never anything in between.

I only use one legendary at a time when I do. Mind Reader + Sheer Cold Articuno is gimmicky as fuck but fun to use.
>>
>>28277823
both are in my 5top of pokemons.
>>
>>28283612
Oh I thought you were stating what you thought was acceptable to use in general, not in your own gameplay
>>
>>28275578
Any of the regis, any of the emotion trio, the gen 1 birds, the gen 2 beasts and any of the generation 'mews'.
>>
>>28284125
>any of the generation 'mews'
If anything these guys are the least justifiable in my opinion. They're all event only and considered either extremely rare or unique
>>
>>28282357
As a player who uses 6 regular monsters in triple battles, There's a few teams you'll see over and over.

>Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Mega-Mewtwo, Greninja, and either a Darkrai, or some other random legend. All shiny and really obviously injected. Trainer ragequits if you OHKO something you have type advantage on, or Taunt Darkrai.

>The team where there is a Charizard on the left, a Talonflame on the right, and somethign that knows Earthquake in the Center. Ragequits after you one-shot talonflame / charizard / his center.

>The team where He's got something that knows surf / earthquake, and doesn't have any qualms about using it against his own party. Stubbornly hands on until he accidentally KO's his own team.

>The genuine team of other random normal pokemon: FEAR THIS TEAM.
>>
>>28284342
>>The genuine team of other random normal pokemon: FEAR THIS TEAM.
Why?

Are you talking about the gimmick sets like Kecleon + Slaking or whatever?
>>
>>28275578
I think I used Latias in AS. I don't know why, I never use legendaries. I think I just needed a 6th teammate. That and I didn't know you didn't need Latias in the party to Soar
>>
>>28284153
Isn't Jirachi the only unique one?

I thought Shaymin, Manaphy and Victini were pretty "common" for legendary standards.
Mew and Celebi are very rare though
>>
>>28278633

Because I don't like the idea of my trainer owning and using legends on his team. I only catch legends for dex completion and then never look at them again.
>>
>>28284940
Eh, it's not like you'd be the only special snowflake to have a legend. Frontier brains have legendaries, hell, even random battle maison shitters use regis.
>>
Gen 1 birds, Latios, Latias, the Regis, Heatran, Cresselia, Gen 5 Goats.
>>
Giratina has a godawful typing now that fairies are out and has less BST than Mega Garchomp

>people say using Giratina is unfair when Genies are 10x more cancer
>>
>>28285133
Using Giratina is pretty stupid since it's supposed to be that really powerful god of antimatter or whatever
>>
In game: Any you like since it's your adventure

Online: Any as long as you and the person you're playing with are fine with it
>>
>>28285507
You can't really exchange messages before a battle on the battle spot
>>
>>28285725
I feel like if you play on battle spot you're accepting that you could play against any pokemon allowed on it. If you go on unranked battle spot and get mad when you have to face a groudon or something then you probably shouldn't play on it.
>>
>>28285854
Yeah that's how I see it too.
The only thing that makes me mad on the battle spot isn't even OP legendaries, it's that fucking Klefki with the swagger set which I never take the time to prepare a counter for
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.