[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ironic part is the metagame community obviously misses the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: you win if.png (37KB, 478x318px) Image search: [Google]
you win if.png
37KB, 478x318px
The ironic part is the metagame community obviously misses the point of Pokemon, which is about nakama and friendship and stewards of nature and stuff.

Even if the plot of the game keeps pointing this stuff out, the community ignores it due to the possible competitive element of the game itself even though it's obviously riddled with RNG.
>>
>>28270985
What if the people ranked at the top have fun by beating others and by tinkering around with their teams?
>>
>>28270985
No one ever said pokemon meta was actually good in regards to other games. Also, what if I have the most fun by actually winning?
>>
>>28270985
The meta itself is getting the best RNG possible.
>>
File: image.png (53KB, 298x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53KB, 298x415px
>>28270985
>nakama
>>
>>28271642
Still weird that she's monet's sister
>>
File: ReadMe.jpg (49KB, 380x700px) Image search: [Google]
ReadMe.jpg
49KB, 380x700px
>>28270985
That is just how dps-fags love to play games.
Lets take monster hunter for example:
>Game has no health bars and no visible damage numbers
>People go out of their way to figure out hitzones, dps calculations, and 'time attack' fights.

People have a problem where they are insanely competitive at everything. This includes stupid shit like video games.

All those people abuse game mechanics to get the edge in battles. Nothing you can really do about it, especially since pokemon is so easy to hack. Hyper training will even the field out a bit at least...
>>
>>28271821
man fuck karen

>vileplume
>houndoom
>umbreon
>gengar
>honchcrow

it's easy to "win using your favourites" when all your favourites are god tier you stupid bitch
>>
>>28271921
Congratulations anon, you found the real point of Karen's plan, literally all you have to do is make it so your favorites are the strong ones. Sadly she didn't get it across to everyone.
>>
>>28271021
Then they are autistic
>>
>>28273812
Having fun is autistic? What?
>>
>>28271821
It's difficult winning with your favorites when GF deliberately buffs certain Pokemon while pretending others don't exist.

See: megas
>>
>>28273871
I know, but it makes it more rewarding to win when you know the odds are stacked against you.

And less people can predict your moves as your pokemon are less common.
>>
>>28270985

if you translate this into English it reads: "i'm an autistic fagot that likes to get attached to bits of information in a video game. i also don't like the fact that there are better people at Pokemon than me so i'm going to throw a tantrum and pretend that because there is RNG within a game it cannot be competitive and that everyone that beat me only did because of luck".
>>
>>28271921
>vileplume
>god tier
nigga, what?
>>
>>28270985
If friendship is such an important part of the game, the metagame would heavily incorporate it. The games are not the anime so you're wrong.
>>
>>28270985
The developers of the game actively promote competitive play and have made it a big part of their game, so I don't know what you're getting at
>>
>$250,000 CASH prize pool for every region in VGC2017
Enjoy your shitmons karenfags
>>
>>28273812
>Striving to be the bet of yourself/hobby is autistic

Sure kid
>>
>>28275720
>never played GSC
fuckoff newfag
>>
>people keeps forgetting that Karen is a dark type trainer and she WANTS you to use your favorites even if they don't work well with each other as a team so it's more likely for her to win
>>
>>28270985
Gamefreak wouldn't push competitive play if they didn't want it to exist, nor balance Pokemon around it.
>>
>>28270985
I like how you're implying the metagame community doesn't have fun that way, OP.

>only what i, who is the almighty being, decide is fun, is actually fun
>>
>>28276080
>balance
>Fug

GF can be so retarded sometimes though
>>
>>28276098
Box legendaries are always banned by default, they aren't supposed to be balanced
>>
File: snipershrug.png (192KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
snipershrug.png
192KB, 800x459px
A game that can be played to win will have a community geared towards playing to win. Who knew?
>>
File: Penn J 12.png (916KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
Penn J 12.png
916KB, 639x360px
>>28270985
>nakama and friendship and stewards of nature and stuff.
>nakama
>and friendship and
>stewards of nature
>and stuff
>>
>>28270985
>If you kill your enemies, they win.
>>
>>28273871
>See: megas
I hope you aren't trying to say that Megas buffed more strong pokemon than weak ones.
>>
>>28277627
no, but buffet a lot and give the finger to others
any mega non OU is a fail
>>
>>28276080
>>28276080
>balance
>pokemon
Designing around doubles and making a laughable type interaction update is far from balance. Pokemon isn't balanced and it never will be because it isn't intended to be
>>
>>28276059
not that guy but I glassed that shit in one hit, type advantages are a hell of a drug
>>
>>28273859
Well when it gets to the point that you're breeding Pokemon for hours to get one with perfect IVs, it kinda stops being fun.
>>
>>28271921
>Vileplume
>Houndoom
>Umbreon
>Honchkrow
>Even good

Anon, you're so out of the loop it hurts.
>>
>>28278684
That's why people inject or use simulators
>>
That's why I like battlespot. The meta game isn't balanced anywhere, pretending it is is silly. Smgon makes a good attempt, but it falls short. But on BS you can win consistently with a bunch of different pokemon/play styles if you don't mind luck being part if it. Trying to ignore or mitigate that lack of balance and the importance of luck seems like a lot of effort, in addition to not making a sense with the mechanics of Pokemon. Simpler just to embrace it and exploit the "flaws" to win as much as you can.
>>
>>28278890
The problem I have with smogon is that they ban some forms of bullshit but not others. They make the most retarded baton pass clause imaginable but let shit like scald run wild
>>
>>28278956
There was a thread by some rando on the Smogon forums suggesting a Scald suspect. /vp/ caught wind of it and responded as positively as you would expect. Massive fucking shitstorm about how Smogon is full of crybabies, bans everything they can't handle, how this was the last straw, and it wasn't even an official suspect, just a SUGGESTION for a suspect.

There's no winning. /vp/ newfags just love shitting on Smogon no matter what they do.
>>
>>28278956
The problem is they try to balance something that can't be balanced. Remove one type of bullshit, shadow tag for example, other things become more bullshit, fast fragile sweepers. So then you limit those guys, nerf baton pass, and now defensive walls can stall for days. Pokemon can't be balanced and never has been, and that is okay. It can be part of the fun in fact.
>>
>>28270985
>nakama

You are such a fag
>>
>>28280123
There were a decent amount of people that supported it there though and the subject was brought up multiple times. The idea of a Scald ban even crossing people's minds shows the shitty mentality that exists there
>>
>>28280955
>Smogon doesn't ban Scald
WTF HYPOCRISY HOW CAN THEY BAN BATON PASS BUT NOT SCALD?
>Someone who uses Smogon wants to discuss the potential of a Scald suspect
HOW DARE THEY EVEN THINK OF THIS, WHAT A TERRIBLE MENTALITY THEY HAVE LMAO

You realize Smogon is a community. The idea of any kind of ban is not absurd in such a large community and with how controversial of a move Scald is it isn't surprising to see that people don't like it. It never fucking got tested. It was an IDEA. You are complaining that someone dared discuss something.
>>
>>28276059
>slower then most grass pokemon
>only strong attack is petal dance
Maybe you just suck
>>
>>28278713
umbreon has been OU which is more than the rest of those pokemon can say
>>
>>28283221
Gengar has never once not been OU
>>
File: 1473023597179.jpg (35KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
1473023597179.jpg
35KB, 481x637px
>>28270985
>nakama
>>
File: 1470800411695.png (284KB, 495x337px) Image search: [Google]
1470800411695.png
284KB, 495x337px
>implying all games ever aren't riddled with RNG

fouled in soccer/hockey/basketball and the ref missed it? RNG. Got a lucky headshot through smoke in counterstrike? RNG.

and the list goes on. Luck is just a part of any good competitive game.
>>
>>28278684
I do it, and frankly I find it relaxing, its also a nice feeling of accomplishment when you finally hatch the perfect baby
>>
>>28271692
yeah. i'm hoping she'll be fleshed out in a cover story. hopefully the 500M man cover arc should be over so maybe next week
>>
File: Literally v on overwatch.png (273KB, 330x630px) Image search: [Google]
Literally v on overwatch.png
273KB, 330x630px
>>28270985
honestly you people are being more autistic then the competitive community. Just don't play them they like playing to win let them do what they do.
>>
>>28276059
I played GSC and I can safely say Vileplume is trash there as well. Its peak performance in comp was in gen3 where it was a somewhat decent cleric at lower tiers but gen3's tiering is a mess.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.