[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a plebeian who has never played a Pokémon game before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: nicememebro.jpg (23KB, 275x325px) Image search: [Google]
nicememebro.jpg
23KB, 275x325px
I'm a plebeian who has never played a Pokémon game before

Rec a good Pokémon game for me to play /vp/
>>
If even Emerald, if odd Platinum.
>>
Do you have a 3DS?
XY or ORAS. XY is the perfect beginner's game, with a ton of Pokemon variety.
Do you not?
Get a DS Emulator and play Platinum, HG/SS, B/W, and B2/W2. You should play all the DS games (Sans DP) at some point anyways, they're probably the highlight of the series.
>>
Pokemon Black or White

If you're emulating then start with Pokemon Emerald or FireRed/LeafGreen, since they're easier to run well.

You could start with XY because they're easier but you'll potentially throw yourself off the series if you can't stand dumb kids saying kiddie shit pretending they're intelligent individuals.
>>
>>28270536
Emerald
>>
File: 1463720551631.png (793KB, 1431x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1463720551631.png
793KB, 1431x1056px
>>28270536
>>
You could start with XY because they're easier but you'll potentially throw yourself off to the series if you can't stand genocide and animal genocide
>>
>>28270536
Start with XY and ORAS and stick with ONLY those. Those are LITERALLY THE BEST ones in the franchise and THE ONLY GOOD ones.

>>28270691
>>28270658
>>28270655
>>28270646
Don't listen to these idiots. These ones are the worst Pokemon games in the franchise. Fucking nostalgiafags.
>>
>>28270904
>
>>
File: MAD.jpg (16KB, 322x372px) Image search: [Google]
MAD.jpg
16KB, 322x372px
>>28270904
>X & Y
>The best games in the franchise
Fucking pick one
>>
>>28270536
But anon, Pokemon is pleb.
>>
>>28270904
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2e3-c_0WJgo
>>
>>28270536
Play any game besides the Red/Blue/Yellow or Gold/Silver/Crystal. Those games are still fun and I'd recommend you them sometime, they're not ideal if you want to get a better feel for what Pokemon is now.

Also, I'd stay away from X and Y and Diamond and Pearl. If you want a gen IV game, play Platinum and if you want a gen VII game, play Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
>>
File: I'm the OP.jpg (253KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
I'm the OP.jpg
253KB, 800x578px
>gets a wide spread of different recs
>low-key expected it to happen

I'll just wait it out and I'll choose based off most convincing and/or most recommended.
>>
>>28271493
The best experiences for each region are
FR/LG for Kanto
HG/SS for Johto
Emerald/ORAS for Hoenn
Platinum for Sinnoh
BW2 for Unova
Kalos is shit don't play it
>>
>>28270536
Anything with a physical/special attack split for individual moves, so gen 4 and onward.

It's probably the most jarring aspect that has changed the games over the years. Besides, there's literally nothing wrong with starting with the latest games, even though they will be dated in two months.

If you want comfy RPG feels gen 1 and gen 2 games are great.
>>
>>28271493
FireRed and LeafGreen are remakes of the very first games, the first generation of Pokemon. I honestly recommend that as the start.
>>
>>28271493
Here's what I wouldn't recommend:
>B/W's gimmick is that it only has gen 5 pokemon up until the post game, which won't mean anything if it's your first game.
>You can't play B2/W2 until after B/W
>X/Y were good, but not great. The best aspect as the variety in pokemon which, again, will be lost on a newcomer.
>The first two games both have remakes by now. The third ones have remakes too but Emerald is still the best version imo
So, I'd recommend something from gen 3 or 4. Gen 3 is Emerald and Firered/Leafgreen, while gen 4 is Platinum and HG/SS
>>
>>28270536
Anon just play each best game of each gen in the order in which they came out so you end up liking one gen or another based on objective taste and not influenced by the order in which you played them
That's
>Yellow
>Then Crystal
>Then Emerald
>Then Platinum
>Black or White
>Black 2 or White 2
>X or Y

and save the remakes for last, for when you've run out of games to play. Alternatively, you can play FR/LG after Emerald, HG/SS after Platinum and ORAS after X or Y if you don't want the order to influence how much you like those either
>>
FireRed or Platinum. Then do the Gen2 remakes.

Save anything released post X and Y for until you've had your fill with vintage Pokémon. Mega evos and Fairy change the game up a fair bit.
>>
File: lovemejoel.png (116KB, 817x429px) Image search: [Google]
lovemejoel.png
116KB, 817x429px
Hi, It's me, OP again

getting a lot of recs for Emerald and Platinum

also
>>28271706
is pretty convincing (good job anon)

soI'mprettymuchsoldonEmeraldandPlatinum
BUT!...

I'll wait to see if there are any new arguments or recommendations.
>>
Soul silver is a best.
>>
File: bw2B.png (2MB, 1437x1497px) Image search: [Google]
bw2B.png
2MB, 1437x1497px
Online services are dead though
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.