[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've decided to try the VC Yellow version, in order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1439259730376.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1439259730376.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
So, I've decided to try the VC Yellow version, in order to get a No Guard/Fissure Machamp ready for Sun and Moon. But, really, it's being a real pain in the ass to get through Gen 1. I remember I really loved these games as a kid, but now it just seems like shit.

The story sucks, it takes an eternity to learn a new move, the bag gets full easily, it's really slow to walk without a bicycle and you have to open the menus to even cut a tree. Not to mention the few variety of Pokémon, because there are only 151. Seriously, how can genwunners even exist? I mean, the other generations were at least fun to play through and had better things to use. I've just defeated Lt. Surge and I'm already tired of this shit. I'll just get my Machamp and then get rid of this shit.
>>
Some people get lost by the nostalgia goggles, op.
>>
>>28262279
This. Here I am nostalgic about xy.
>>
>>28262302
But XY had, at least, an interesting story. RBY is boring. Totally boring. I just can't understand why there are people that get so blind to deny the visible evolution of the games. And I'm not talking about graphics and stuff. You could put other generations with the RBY graphics and it would still be better than this.
>>
>>28262178
I definitely agree. I wanted to beat Red for the sake of getting through the original Gen 1, but it's honestly painful to go through.

and yeah, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. this board is plagued by it. we've recently entered the age of sinnohfetuses, and its honestly much worse than the Hoennfags ever were. (at least the gen 3 main games were okay, gen 4 can't say that).
>>
I replayed Red 2-3 years ago and it was still fun. I like that there aren't constant NPCs trying to talk to you like the newer games and the mechanics are fun to mess with. I actually lost to a trainer in Erika's gym using Wrap because I wasn't prepared.
>>
>>28262578
I honestly liked Gen 4. It's story is rather cool, it introduced the physical/special split on the moves, etc. Way better than boring Gen 1.
>>
>>28262696
Im talking about Diamond and Pearl specifically. I think Platinum is up there with Emerald, and HGSS is my favorite game in the series
>>
>>28262646
>mechanics
>fun

Having to access your bag to use the bike, the Bind/Wrap/Poison/Burn mechanics that suck, having to access the menu to just use Cut or Surf, taking a shit load of levels to learn a new move, etc. You REALLY think this is fun? No, it's not.

>>28262724
Of course, Platinum is way better, but even Diamond and Pearl were at least fun. They may not be the best generation, but they were at least acceptable games. I'm hoping for better remakes for them, to fix the flaws in D/P btw.
>>
Yeah, R/B/Y is only hard to get through because it's such a slow paced slog. I'm hoping the Bank transfer bonus is something neat like game boy palette colors for every pokemon or them all keeping one special stat, but I won't hold my breath. There's no way in hell they're letting No Guard/Fissue Machamp go through though.
>>
>>28262178
Same here, I haven't played GEN 1 since I was a kid, and the game is quite broken, specially with the crits. The good thing is that it makes you appreciate the following generations. I am making a run for nostalgia but I recognize the flaws it has. The metagame is also more boring, since there is no split and no abilities, natures, etc.
>>
File: 1470817817405.gif (269KB, 265x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470817817405.gif
269KB, 265x200px
>>28262178
>Getting a VGC game for forewaeding 'mons to gen 7
>not getting Blue for the version exclusives and duping
>Falling for the "Fissure Machamp" meme.
>Only getting one Machamp, when there is a decent chance that even if GF doesn't take one of 3 exceptionally easy fixes, you will end up with a Guts Machamp out of chance
>>
>>28262910
Ability Capsule.
>>
>>28262910
Ability Capsules are there for it. The only problem would be his Nature, since we're going to have Hyper Training. And, honestly, I did it only for this, I really don't care about any other thing that Gen 1 could possibly give me in terms of competitive playing.
>>
Genwun is still nice to play, but gentoo holds up really well.
>>
What if the transfer incentive is that all transferred mons have silver caps as their held item?
>>
>>28263355
Nah, it's not worthy to play these games. I will just play until I get the Fissure TM and then I'll never play it again.
>>
>>28262910
It's more likely they'll just change No Guard to not work on OHKO moves. Accuracy boosts already have no impact on OHKO moves so it makes no sense that No Guard and Lock On would affect it.
>>
>>28263385
That's nearly the end of the game.
>>
>>28262178
>>28262368
Some games don't need story when you have an imagination.
If you don't have any imagination then why bother playing a kid's game?
>>
>>28263433
I know, that's the worse part.

>>28263441
It has nothing to do with imagination. It's boring, slow and have shitty mechanics.
>>
i dunno, i played yellow for the first time (never played anything earlier than ruby, oops) and I thought it was pretty cool. Not in a "this game is way better than the shit today" way, i guess, but more in a "these are all the ways the games had to be shitty before they could improve."

i actually really like the abysmal movepools it has, because then you can pull shit like keeping leech life on something that's level sixty because it's the third-best attack you'll ever learn. it lowers the stakes.
>>
>>28262761
>Bind/Wrap/Poison/Burn mechanics that suck
they don't suck. They're just different. Everything else is just game limitations of the time. You're retarded if you're playing an old game and expecting it to have all the features the newer games do. It's like playing an old Mario game and complaining that you can't move left to retrieve that Mushroom you slightly missed.

>You REALLY think this is fun?
Yes
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.