[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /vp/ dislike legendaries/people who play with legendaries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1210x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1210x1600px
Why does /vp/ dislike legendaries/people who play with legendaries on their team?
>>
I don't. I use legendaries all the time. The only people who don't like them are babies who like to force their headcanon on everyone else or retards who think something being called a legendary makes in inherently OP even though the majority of them have equal or lesser stats compared to pseudos.
>>
>>28255436
Because it's no fun one hitting your opponent.
>>
I usually have a rule using only one legendary on my team. I just feel like its fair because not every pokemon has a BST of 600
>>
>>28255436
I think it's just perceived as a kid thing to do, and understandably so.

I personally avoid it for a few reasons. One of them being that I just find it weird to catch such a powerful force of nature and then make it battle.
>>
>>28255436
Most people are noobs and think that using legendaries will make them to win matches and don't even know how to use them correctly, they on 'll y use the moveset that they had at the time they were caught. This is annoying, especially on Battle Spot Free Battles, were they also use Mythical Legenaries. (As you know before 2016 only a few people had the opportunity of have an event Pokemon)
>>
>>28255436
Good stats, abilities, and access to good signature moves make them a bit unfair
>>
Because they suppose to be unique. I HATE seeing more than one of them and populating the meta.

It feels wrong from the plot side of Pokemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 300x275px
OP here, thanks for the responses.

To those who feel legendaries are unfair, what Pokémon do you use instead? I'm assuming the majority of you battle online, so I'm curious.
>>
I only use the battle tower eligible ones. Most of them are good but not broken. Who's going to complain because I have a Regice or Moltres on my team? Sure I could use broken ones like Landorus but it's boring to do so
>>
>>28255436
Because most legendaries are ugly pieces of shit and you are a faggot if you like them.
>>
>>28255436
Are you referring to in-game or competitively?
I never use legends in game because the legends you get pre-elite 4 are almost always OP and make the game too easy. Also autistic headcanon I guess - I like to think of the battle being to subdue a force of nature not to tame it and put it in a ball.
Competitively I see no issue with using legendaries. Articuno is a legendary and it's in PU for fuck's sake. In competitive, sonething being a legend makes no difference to how good it is!
>>
>>28255714
Thats true until you have Darkrai Dark voiding your boipussy and already putting your team at a disadvantage
>>
>>28255468
But you do that with any setup sweeper or choice user you retard
>>
>>28255436
I don't dislike them but I rarely use them, except for Jirachi occasionally. I think they're cool to collect though, even if everyone has lots and they give them out like candy.
>>
Only kids use legendaries in their teams.
>>
I use legendaries and my team is:
Arceus
Mega Rayquaza
Primal Groudon
Primal Kyogre
Mewtwo
Xerneas
>>
>>28255436
Any legendary below 600 BST is a-okay in my book, it's pretty much lore confirmed there are multiple in existence so even lorefags have no reason to rag on them unless they just wanna be contrarian fucks.

Some Mythicals are okay in my book like Hoopa normal and Meloetta but others like Darkrai and Arceus are overkill

680 or above are the bullshit tier, use them only in game for fun and not online or you're just a dick.

If you just want approval to use them in game don't bother because why does it even matter when the game is piss easy with or without, anyone who thinks otherwise is sitting on their high horse
>>
Because I'm a role-playing autist who imagines that both he and the people he battles are actual trainers, and Legendaries take away from that immersion.
>>
Anon it depends, I like using certain legendaries.
I love e.g. mew, shaymin and victini and would use them anytime if I can. I also like many others, e.g. giratina. Using the box legendary on my first run is something like a nice etiquette.

I wish we could at least use mythicals for vgc.
>>
If only we could breed legendaries and they couldn't be traded.

I wouldn't mind doing a run with them. It just sucks that for the most part legendaries are always level 30+ and you are past halfway done.

>>28255468
I did that on X using a hitmonchan.
>>
Because someone who has no personal preference rather than choosing what's called the best is boring to me.

No strategy, no work, just pick the strongest and win. proud. Tell everyone you're the best

Its like punching a 10y/o in the face and said you're a pro boxer. Its boring unless youre a 10y/o too.
>>
File: ReadMe.jpg (49KB, 380x700px) Image search: [Google]
ReadMe.jpg
49KB, 380x700px
>>28255436
For me its because:
-They're banned from battling in places like battle frontier
-Using them is easy mode, their stats are off the charts... and them getting megas was a mistake.
-Lots of people use them, its boring to see so many people using them online when they have 721 to choose from you keep seeing the same 10.
>>28255542
I use my favorite pokemon to fight. They are clearly not the best. I try to make sure they are all different types. I find it a lot more fun this way.

Weaker legendaries, like the trios (birds/dog things/regis/etc) are fine.
>>
>>28255978
And to add before you ask me why i didnt use legendary too

If i use legendary, then the guy who battle me will want to use legendaries too to win, the the guy he battle wanna use legendaries too - then everyone want to use legendary - the GF have no other choice other than make game with ALL pokemon is legendary
>>
>>28255436
I think it's more of the competitive battling scene who dislike it, i don't use them but i don't care if others do, as long as they dont use a full team of them it's fine.
>>
>>28255798
I don't play ubers so I can't really comment
>>
Same issue I have with Modern Warfare shooters. Theres nothing fun or heroic about gunning down a bunch of impoverished brown people with American future tech. Crushing Pokemon Trainer Billy's dream of becoming a Pokemon master by crushing his bro Croagunk with the Legendary forces of Life and Death isn't fun.

Using legendary beings who help govern the world for personal gain in general feels shitty.
>>
>>28255436
I don't really care desu. I use Meloetta and Diancie all the time and don't give a damn. Also, I love me some Ubers battles
>>
>>28255436
It feels so much more fulfilling to take nonlegendaries and raise them to their full potential.
>>
1. They are cheap, with broken movepool, stats and abilities, so they polarize the scene.
2. They are supposed to be rare and powerful if not straight up unique but the games hand them out like candies and at a high level, so every scrub uses them.
3. Most designs are shit, specially the newer ones.
4. There's a ton of legendaries that are literally conceptually dry, unjustified and superfluous in the later gens made for exclusivity/events.
>>
>>28255870
I'm in this boat too
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.